Average age of people (gamers) playing FM.

What is your age? (In case you are playing FM)  

1,065 members have voted

1. 1. What is your age? (In case you are playing FM)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm 21, been playing since FM05 I think... I dont remember playing any CM games... Its really the only game I buy constantly with PES (Pro Evo Soccer). Got FM05, FM06, FM07 and FM08 and soon FM09!!!

I'll definately play till I'm 50 at least!!!

28 here, been playing since CM93 on my Amiga 1200. Bought every game since apart from 00/01. Only one I've been really disappointed with was CM4. Incidentally, been on the forum too since 99/2000 (when it used to look like a probards board), but lost my initial account between forum ports and back then you used to have to have a paid for email account (not freemail such as hotmail, yahoo etc). :)

Can't say I'm suprised the average age is that of a student.

I'm 22, been playing it for 13 years =)

I predict, that in next 20 or more years there will be more and more senior players of us (retired, nearly before retiring etc.) if SI Games meet our expectations on year-by-year basis :)

I'm 20 and i have been playing since 98/99 a whole decade ago wow. Anyways on the topic of people not understanding the game I live in America born of one parent from liverpool and one from the states and my girlfriend of 3 years has decided to stop trying to stop me from having hour long conversations on the phone with my best friend (also of mixed nationality parents) on what tactics work who is the best cheap signing and which country will be the next romania from 99/00 (they had the best unknown players ever). Also when i try and show my friends here in the states the game all i get is "so you don't control the players?" and "What the hell are those little dots?"

im 16. iv bein playin since 02! bit gay cuz its always older people playing it lol. Which aint bad btw. all my m8s stick to PES N FIFA 09 and never giv this a try :mad: they say its boring but i no a few years n they wil all b hooked lol

It is great to see over 1000 votes in this poll. Thank you very much for voting in this poll.

It is obvious that FM is not for very young people

...as under 15, there is only small percentage of you plaing it. As you can see, two under 5 votes could be taken as statistical error (and I hope it has not been a spitefulness). The reasons which I can see for under 15 category, seem to be fact, that FM is quite complicated and needs some maturity to understand game principles. As children get older, they possibly migrate from FIFA or PES like games from "players point of view side" to managerial one, which has taken us to the next and strongest category...

...15-24 years old, mostly students have a lot of free time and free time is one of the basic conditions needed for playing FM. I used to play FM often as a student and these times have been a paradise times. The majority - 56% percentage of us belongs to this category.

...25-34 As students get older, there are a lot of other responsibilities (ending the studies, starting to work, founding a family) and less free time. I am surprised, that this category has half of percentage of previous one, but this FM serie is so addictive, that almost everyone will continue next year plying a new version. I belong to that category and I am expecting to be FM player for next releases until I will be dead :)

...35-44 it is nice to see that this category is twice stronger as under 15 is and I expect that every year will be stronger as will be another older categories. It is not easy to find free time in family life, I can understand that and I have words of praise for all those brave people.

...45-54 and 55-64 seem to be very rare to find players there, but it is probably caused by the fact, that this category have less PC skilled people, because when they were young, the PC simply did not exist. Again, I expect those categories to raise on year-by-year basis from lower categories.

...over 65 - you have my full respect a I am looking forward to my older ages and retirement. I will be playing FM, for sure.

Your ideas?

Archived