FM17: Gems of Fm17

Welshace

Already mentioned but Jørgen Strand Larsen in 17.3 is surely THE must buy player in the game now..

checking on the editor ;

he has a CA of 85, and most of his stats are fixed in their excellent positions.. he is also a -8 PA  ridiculously good.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spotted him the other day. So much potential for moulding into something great. The compensation to sign him was ridiculously minimal and he was willing to come to a  club in Russia, so he might be pretty open to where he moves.

The only concern I have right now about him is that he doesn't have an image yet the pickpack I use lol

7 hours ago, Welshace said:

Already mentioned but Jørgen Strand Larsen in 17.3 is surely THE must buy player in the game now..

checking on the editor ;

Reveal hidden contents

he has a CA of 85, and most of his stats are fixed in their excellent positions.. he is also a -8 PA  ridiculously good.

What database size/league?

3 minutes ago, Welshace said:

I have all players running, but he's Norwegian, and from a top tier team in the league so loading Norway or Scandinavian players will do, which any self respecting long term gem-finding enthusiast will do anyway ;)

Argh just started a new game but the temptation is strong.

Never seen this guy mentioned in any wonderkid discussion, but I think people are missing out, Jonathan Leko -

5F7031404EA44E3F8D3ACCC6039616EADE3604D1

This guy is great for pretty much PL club that's strapped for HG players, I got him for 11m in my third season but you can probably get him for a couple of mil when he's just 17 at the start of the game. In my opinion he can also develop much better than this, West Brom were crazy enough not to play him outside of the reserves even in the Championship, so he didn't get any football for the first two seasons. If he continues to develop well he might be my next Sadio Mane.

18 minutes ago, bar333 said:

Never seen this guy mentioned in any wonderkid discussion, but I think people are missing out, Jonathan Leko -

5F7031404EA44E3F8D3ACCC6039616EADE3604D1

This guy is great for pretty much PL club that's strapped for HG players, I got him for 11m in my third season but you can probably get him for a couple of mil when he's just 17 at the start of the game. In my opinion he can also develop much better than this, West Brom were crazy enough not to play him outside of the reserves even in the Championship, so he didn't get any football for the first two seasons. If he continues to develop well he might be my next Sadio Mane.

Not mentioned as frankly, he's certainly more than a few million at the start of the game... probably around 20 mil... and by the time you can get him cheaper, he's overtaken by others of better quality for cheaper...

But still  decent prospect for a project.

I can't recommend Amiri highly enough. Signed him second summer at Arsenal, really wanted to get him in as I'm a big fan in real life. He suits my micro-management style perfectly: he's played as a wingback, central midfielder, just off the centre-forward, in wider areas. Just a really adaptable, exciting and talented player. 

tkqwJQM.png

Not someone I've come across before. He starts at Boca, and must be down the pecking order as he got loaned out early on in this save. Would be interesting to see how available he is at the start of the game.

fpnAKrg.png

I'd also recommend this guy from Porto.

No idea if these are well known players or not.

4 hours ago, Welshace said:

Never seen Maroni before tbh,   great looking player

Dalot is definitely a great player to pick up though... if you can get him quickly you can pay almost nothing and he becomes ridiculous with training.

serious? Maroni has been a Gem for the last 2-3 years. If you still have one of the older games on your computer, try and load a game up and look him up 

7 hours ago, Welshace said:

Never seen Maroni before tbh,   great looking player

Dalot is definitely a great player to pick up though... if you can get him quickly you can pay almost nothing and he becomes ridiculous with training.

my souts didnt rate maroni:idiot:

dalot if its the same guy, is he a young RWB at porto if so scouts see him as my long term RB solution

On 3/13/2017 at 07:22, callamity said:

signed for 550k

next belotti?

Walter Gonzalez_ Overview Attributes-2.png

Do you have any experience with him for UK teams and a wp?

edit:  ahh  nvm, I see it's not at the start of the game.. he looks great though, even at the start.

This guy is worth keeping an eye out for on your games, only 18 and will only cost 100k, will come to championship teams, fluent in english and has really high potential value.. random stats so will look different in your games, but high CA for his age, so will almost always be a decent player to bring in for developing for any team.

0f23f1c8f23c4fefa9e0c098daa8fce6.png

One of my secret weapons for lower league:

Diego jose garcia, you can pick him up on a free with league TWO teams.. I picked him up with Luton.. and he has decent base stats along with a ridiculous pa of

So if nothing else, he's an investment for those who wish to use such methods.

ef362047b00740edb1a7ff540e5761d8.png

5 hours ago, Welshace said:

Do you have any experience with him for UK teams and a wp?

edit:  ahh  nvm, I see it's not at the start of the game.. he looks great though, even at the start.

Nah only found him on this save but he looks the business.

Not checked his pa or anything but I reckon if he gets a wp he's probably the most all round I've found so far.

37 minutes ago, Rubentus_Juventus said:

Just found an absolute gem Joselu (Jose Luis Moreno Barroso). Looks good enough for 1st & 2nd Div.

Looks great, how much did he cost for a championship side do you think? and will he go to a 2nd division?

Franco Mussis looks like a solid ball-winner. Unfortunately, I don't think I can get him for my Alaves side- and I bloody need a cheap-ish BWM that can slot in the team with minimal need to develop (Any suggestions?). He counts as EU citizen as well. Had no time to scout the man fully, but a lot of the key stats are rather good.

Franco Mussis_ Overview Profile.png

I managed to get this guy for £875k for my Sunderland side from Nacional and I personally think he looks good for a lower - mid table Premier League team.   I think he might even come to the bigger Championship teams, but I haven't tested that.  For some reason, I didn't have any issues with a work permit, just appealed on his first rejection and he was able to get one.

8823933fb3585c4823b523455f3c94d1.jpg

Very solid and I love how well-rounded his attributes are.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, billysafc said:

Kent-Are Antonsen

Can play either LB/RB or can even do a shift in CM.

Plays for tromso and looks to be available for under a mill

Screen Shot 2017-04-03 at 21.43.56.png

a full back that can't tackle or mark his opponent, might be able to get away with it in a lower league, but I wouldn't play him in a league much higher than the Norwegian Tippeliga,and that would be until better could be found, might do a job as a wing back, but still way to low tackling and marking for a 21 year old IMO

On 14/03/2017 at 09:53, Welshace said:

One of my secret weapons for lower league:

Diego jose garcia, you can pick him up on a free with league TWO teams.. I picked him up with Luton.. and he has decent base stats along with a ridiculous pa of

Reveal hidden contents

So if nothing else, he's an investment for those who wish to use such methods.

ef362047b00740edb1a7ff540e5761d8.png

Use this guy a lot in lower leagues great little find 👍

I also sign a left winger called Jorge Lopez. Destroys lower leagues and has done a decent job up to championship level so far. 

7 hours ago, dily said:

got this guy from Derby for 14 mil, release clause, has already got a PL hattrick, looks like could become a top draw..looks baby faced but physical stats suggest a monster in the making

Untitled5.jpg

starts out at Wolves 

Wow.  Gotta say I'm surprised by the utter dearth of good, young Italian players.

Just started an Inter Milan game and was looking to find some Italian players to stock the team with in here and found barely anyone of note.  Especially trying to play a 3-CB system.

8 hours ago, CybrSlydr said:

Wow.  Gotta say I'm surprised by the utter dearth of good, young Italian players.

Just started an Inter Milan game and was looking to find some Italian players to stock the team with in here and found barely anyone of note.  Especially trying to play a 3-CB system.

Melegoni, Pinamonti & Pellegrini & Conti [rb] are good for me

5 hours ago, nextqprmanager said:

Melegoni, Pinamonti & Pellegrini & Conti [rb] are good for me

Instead of Conti, I got Lorenzo Dickman - cost me $6m USD.

Melegoni is on loan, so I can't buy him.  Pinamonti isn't quite good enough and Pellegrini is out of my budget at $15-25m USD.  Mostly because I picked up Phillip Ochs for $24.

Dearth? Interesting. Italy has amongst the most quality young players in the game. A lot of them have ranged potential, so unless somehow all of them ended up at the lower end of the potential scale.....

On 07/03/2017 at 11:25, Welshace said:

checking on the editor ;

Reveal hidden contents

Every time I start up a 17.3 game and check his CA/PA it's always set to something crazy low like 45/67. I'm not sure what's happening but any database configuration I try the game never seems to show the player in relation to what the editor says his potential should be.  

Archived