FM17: Gems of Fm17

Welshace

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alberto Cerri. He's a Juventus youth player. He has great stats for a young target man, and is a great acqusition for mid table teams. His mental stats are solid, but he'd be an amazing player if his mental attributes (anticipation, bravery, work rate, teamwork, off the ball, etc) went up with 2-3 points each. His PA is pretty good, between 140-170, so hopefully that comes to fruition. Even his tackling and positioning is at 9.

Unfortunately Juventus seem to be unwilling to sell him for a reasonable price. He tends to be loanable though.

cerri.png

Name: Frank Fabra

Position: LB - Good enough to play at any level

Club: Boca

Price Tag: Available for around £2m (possibly even less)

Used this lad a lot, good enough as first choice for mid table premier league clubs and decent enough as back up for the big guns. Really good pace and crossing, perfect for "Looking for the overlap". Can't recommend him enough.

(Sorry if he's already been posted)

20161128161556_1.jpg

On 25/11/2016 at 21:41, Welshace said:

3b3b96c6b3264b62877f114c0dd6dc5e.png

Came to me at Leeds in first transfer window for 300k... the next David Luiz

Snapped him up for my Norwich save,fantastic little player playing him DM,rotated with Mulumbu. Great find well played ????

Dom Iorfa

Cost me £8m in the first season but has developed nicely and performs really well. I play him mostly as a defensive fullback, and a really high defensive line. He mops everything up and eats wingers for breakfast with his physicals. He's covered well at CB too when needed.

Unfortunately I couldn't get his determination up any higher but it should be possible with a good tutor.

iorfa.png

On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 22:14, Antauri said:

Alberto Cerri. He's a Juventus youth player. He has great stats for a young target man, and is a great acqusition for mid table teams. His mental stats are solid, but he'd be an amazing player if his mental attributes (anticipation, bravery, work rate, teamwork, off the ball, etc) went up with 2-3 points each. His PA is pretty good, between 140-170, so hopefully that comes to fruition. Even his tackling and positioning is at 9.

Unfortunately Juventus seem to be unwilling to sell him for a reasonable price. He tends to be loanable though.

cerri.png

felt like only yesterday when the first thing I'd do on a new save is sign this guy on a youth contract. Wonder if i'll still be buying new versions of FM when Cerri is in his 30s.

1 hour ago, stevemc said:

Looking for a few additions for League One, first season; free transfers or fees below £300K if anyone has any suggestions :)

George Byers, great CM who can play pretty much every role.

I got him on a free in 2019/20 and he has been amazing for me in the Scottish Premiership, just got his first Scotland cap in his 2nd season with me and is good enough to play in the Champions League so if you can get him he will serve you well even in the EPL if/once you get there.

Also check out Sandro Fonseca (CB) & Ollie Cook (CB)

1 hour ago, stevemc said:

Looking for a few additions for League One, first season; free transfers or fees below £300K if anyone has any suggestions :)

Got experience with a few players:

Pablo Maffeo - RB on loan from Man City, was absolutely superb

Mattias Lepiller - AML played as an inside forward is available for free, was player of the season in league one in my first season 

Matt Smith - striker I signed from Fulham for around £250k, played as a TM(s) and was top scorer in league one, just finished second season in the Championship and was second top scorer 

Starting a youth academy challenge save with Benfica this year! 

Already got some great prospects but need a few more to bolster the ranks.

i am looking for potentially world-class wonderkids that are under 18 and you can still 'approach to sign' them. They also need to be at a lower team than Benfica otherwise they will not join.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated 

720497B74C96BCE17648EBE69991FA0000476CAB

977FC345FEEBB89FC46127FE0E65D63D1BE71CFC

Haven't seen this lad posted yet, he seems to be one of the the next great Brazilian center mids! Picked him up in the summer of 2017 for around 5m euro, here he is at the start of the third season. 17 long shots, 16 technique, 15 composure. Looks like he was put on the earth to score screamers. He's also got great physical stats and is an aerial threat. High dribbling and teamwork as well. Potential-wise, at least in this save, he has the potential to be a star Liga BBVA midfielder. I believe he starts the game on loan at Vasco da Gama in Brazil, so you might have to wait a bit before being able to get him, but he's well worth it.

Sergio is a 3.1m million signing from Porto. Should do a good job for a mid-table top league team. Probably a good backup for a top 4 team as well.

Schaub is my star at Rapid Wien. He should be cheap to buy at the start of the game.

Sergio Oliveira_ Overview Profile.png

Louis Schaub_ Overview Profile.png

13 hours ago, forzajuve said:

Haven't seen this lad posted yet, he seems to be one of the the next great Brazilian center mids! Picked him up in the summer of 2017 for around 5m euro, here he is at the start of the third season. 17 long shots, 16 technique, 15 composure. Looks like he was put on the earth to score screamers. He's also got great physical stats and is an aerial threat. High dribbling and teamwork as well. Potential-wise, at least in this save, he has the potential to be a star Liga BBVA midfielder. I believe he starts the game on loan at Vasco da Gama in Brazil, so you might have to wait a bit before being able to get him, but he's well worth it.

Cant see him, who is it?

13 hours ago, forzajuve said:

He looks great. Could see him retraining as a CB at a big possession team, make him the next David Luiz!

5 hours ago, TheJanitor said:

Anyone can suggest a reliable CB for Hamburg season 1? Budget is about £1.5M. Doesn't have to be anything special, but intelligent and strong would be nice.

Nikola Milenkovic is only 18 years. Starts at Partizan. 500k Euros. Doesn't have much pace but really solid otherwise for his age.

9 hours ago, Bigpapa42 said:

Nikola Milenkovic is only 18 years. Starts at Partizan. 500k Euros. Doesn't have much pace but really solid otherwise for his age.

Thanks! Currently contemplating him vs. Ionut Nedelcearu, the later slightly more developed but also older and over a mil more expansive.

In my searches I've found this lad:

WSn5uLX.jpg

Looks like an amazing ball-playing CB for just over 2mil.

On 01/12/2016 at 16:51, vasilli07 said:

Sergio is a 3.1m million signing from Porto. Should do a good job for a mid-table top league team. Probably a good backup for a top 4 team as well.

Schaub is my star at Rapid Wien. He should be cheap to buy at the start of the game.

Sergio Oliveira_ Overview Profile.png

Louis Schaub_ Overview Profile.png

Picked up Schaub in first transfer window of my Everton save with Vienna inserting a loan back for the season. Just about to start second season and he's going to be in my squad and he's nly gone and done hic ACL. out for 9-9 months. Gutted

1 hour ago, adj said:

Picked up Schaub in first transfer window of my Everton save with Vienna inserting a loan back for the season. Just about to start second season and he's going to be in my squad and he's nly gone and done hic ACL. out for 9-9 months. Gutted

Unlucky. How much did you pay for him?

Im currently playing my first season with Inter and heres my gems that have worked out so far 

Adel Taarabt - 550k plus about 1 million addons from benfica -  perfect in a AMC or AML position - doesnt score tons but is great at getting the ball quickly into the box. 

Jack Rodwell - 5 million from Sunderland - Plays brilliantly as a CM with his great passing and solidness - the only prone is that he gets injured alot if not rested enough. 

Jamaal Lascelles - 11 million from Newcastle plus about 3 million addons - At such a young age he is a beast in defence and can score a few with his head - The only negative is that his first touch isnt great but overvall he is amazing.  

Domen Crnigoj - CM best played as an advanced playmaker. Can also be used as an attacking midfielder

No screenshot as I'm not at work

Only 20 years old and can be picked up for around 500k from lugano. Signed for Brighton in the championship on 3k a week and is bossing it. Stand out performer this season scores goals and assists for fun

7 hours ago, Rubentus_Juventus said:

Jack Rodwell - 'hidden gem'?

Jack Rodwell - For Inter? Mate, come on.

Not to mention his stats are truly quite terrible

This thread isnt only about "hidden" gems. 

I don't see a problem with someone suggesting a player like Rodwell turns out well, as like yourself, most people probably won't sign him. To me, it being posted that he can turn out well, is positive as I'll look at him more from now on instead of just skimming past him.

Mentioned earlier how the entire Ludogorets team is a goldmine. But finally got around to signing their star player Jonathan Cafu for my Freiburg team for 5.5m in the first season - and he has been an absolute jet. 5.5m is probably slightly pricey, but he's carried my team to a 4th position finish in the first season, which is quite the accomplishment. 

JfsC4HU.pngn8hQVZq.png1cXKWND.png

EDIT: Aaaaand he just gave another 2 assists in our German Cup Final victory against Koln. Beast.

Archived