Belgium vs Ireland - 14:00

brett.spurs

• Administrators

Two absolutely shocking bits of defending. McCarthy for the first was schoolboy, the second just showed part of the reason why Clark plays for a relegated side.

Ireland need to be careful, if they beat Italy in the final match they can go through as one of the best 3rd placed team, but it might come down to goal difference and being 3-0 down won't help.

Ireland need to be careful, if they beat Italy in the final match they can go through as one of the best 3rd placed team, but it might come down to goal difference and being 3-0 down won't help.

Tbf, I'll be amazed if there are more than four teams finishing with 4 points. So tbh, all they have to do is beat Italy

• Administrators

It's a shame as I always want to like Ireland, but this current crop is just crap. Shane Long only shows up one in four but even a top quality striker would struggle with the dross they've shown today.

Should have buried Sweden when they were on top.

Tbf, I'll be amazed if there are more than four teams finishing with 4 points. So tbh, all they have to do is beat Italy

What if they draw with Italy and there's a few 3rd placed teams on 2 points. :D

I reckon the cutoff point will be at 3 points yeah.

• Administrators
What's with the Lukaku hate anyway?

Anyone who takes the 'that was too easy' or 'I'm too good to celebrate' approach to scoring a goal deserves all the hate that kind be thrown at him tbf.

Anyone who takes the 'that was too easy' or 'I'm too good to celebrate' approach to scoring a goal deserves all the hate that kind be thrown at him tbf.

He clearly pointed at Hazard and classy acknowledged that all the credit should go to him.

Haha, seriously blaming other Belgian players for Hazard being rubbish. He was awful, and probably wasn't in their top 3 players

Just seen this. That is rubbish like Baptista said.

What Ozo said. And his first goal he celebrated wildly. Give him a rest.

Italy should throw the last game with their reserve side & hope Belgium beat Sweden to take 1st for the easier route to the final

Italy is mathematically 1st if I'm not wrong, having Belgium as the only team that could get 6 points overall but lost the game against the Azzurri.

Italy is mathematically 1st if I'm not wrong, having Belgium as the only team that could get 6 points overall but lost the game against the Azzurri.

Yeh we've won the group, unfortunately. Doesn't matter wha happens in the final games, we will finish 1st.

Our draw is a nonsense

Ah, didn't know if it was down to H2H or GD.

I have no idea how 1st can be punished with such potential fixtures. Belgium the real winners.

Archived