dafuge's FM16 challenge

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6b283ba67a.png

Kingstonian FC

End of Season Review - 2016/17

League Performance: Wow! What can i say? You left us mid-season, doing well and sitting in 11th place. I said at the time i would love to kick on and find some consistency. As you can see from my previous posts, we did just that and put 1 or 2 nice unbeaten runs together. However, as you can see from the league table, we had too many draws for my liking, with about 8 games to go i thought our hopes of reaching the play-off were over, wee were just too far away. A big win against Bromley changed everything though. We suddenly got more of a belief. With 4 games to go we were 10th, but still in with a shout, the first 2 of 4 saw us facing teams in the relegation zone while the final 2 games of the season were against promotion chasing rivals. We won the 1st 2 games easily adnd then dispatched Bath to climb into 5th, the last remaining P/O place before facing 3rd placed Hemel Hempstead in the final game of the season. A win would see us cement 5th place at least, any other result and we'd be need to see how Weston-Super-Mare (WSM) were doing. Just after half time, we were 3-0 down and WSM were winning 1-0. We were 6th. Dartford then pulled a goal back against WSM but the point would suit them, we remained 6th 1pt behind them. We went for it and pulled it back to 3-2, we all began to believe. Then everything changed, but it was our doing. Dartford scored a dramatic winner with 10 minutes to go. We would go to 5th, on goal difference. Nothing else changed in the final 10 and we scraped a play off place by the skin of our teeth. Final League Table

League Positions Graph: Can be found here. Gives us a really clear picture of just how up and down our season was. The final push from around game 38 onwards was really pleasing though.

Play Offs: As we finished 5th (last in the P/O spots, we'd host 2nd placed Margate in the first leg of the P/O semi's. We dominated the game and went on to win 2-0 with a really professional performance. The return fixture in Margate was always going to be tense, we played defensive adn controlled football but eventually went on to lose 1-0. It was enough, we won the semi final 2-1 on aggregate and set a date for the final vs. Bromley, the team we beat to kick start a late revival in the league. Since they had placed higher then us, the final was to be played at their place. In a tight affair, it was us that took the lead with a 75th minute header from centre back Ed Sanders. We shut up shop, wasted time and really frustrated out opponent. The final whistle blew and gave us the confirmation we had craved, we had won the play off final and were heading to the National League. A quite unbelievable finish to a magical season.

FA Cup: Really wanted to make a good cup run but we, embarrassingly, crashed out at the 3rd Qualifier round.

FA Trophy: Again, a nice cup run would have helped with morale and finance but we lost in the 3rd Qualifier round.

Finances: Currently sat with -£95,502 in the bank. In perspective, we 'only' recieved £4,500 in prize money. Its a worry but we'll battle on for now.

Transfers: Since the last update, we bought in another 2 strikers. One of which began to find some goals and i believe scored some crucial goals late on in the season - when it really mattered i guess.

Squad: All in all, i used a massive 35 players this season. No screen shots or anything, my squad is no where near settled, alot of players will come and go. My best player by far wont sign a new deal as he thinks the current squad isnt good enough for him to be apart of. I hope to change his mind but he certainly isnt bigger then the club. 2 or 3 players seem solid enough to be definite starters next season, we;'ll just have to see.

Summary: A great first season at the club im starting to fall for. No-one expected us to do anything but we proved alot wrong, even when the chips were down. We now get over the celebrations and turn our attention to next season. I genuinely believe, at this stage, it will be purely be about survival. Nothing else will matter but a cup run would help the bank balance.

Targets Review

1. Avoid relegation - Achieved

2. Keep overall bank balance in the green - Failed

3. To help with 2, i'll be needing a good cup run, this will be achieved by surpassing the boards expectation for FAC - Failed

Will be back to review next season ASAP :)

Rich Julian

Manager

Kingstonian FC

Career Summary

[b][u]Season[/u][/b]               [b][u]Team [/u][/b]                [b][u]League[/u][/b]                 [b][u]Position[/u][/b]                  [b][u]Achievements[/u][/b]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17              Kingstonian FC       Vanarama South         5th                       Promoted via Play-Offs

Trophy Cabinet

[b]Vanarama South Play Off Winners[/b]

@jsar a season without much drama by the looks of it? A nice foundation for a push forward next season maybe.

Just out of interest, what role do you play your young striker Bishop-Wisdom?

Yup nothing to exciting! I am playing him as an advanced forward, with the attack duty

Skelmersdale – National North 2016/17 – Season 1

So here we go again, this time I have taken over a new side in Skelmersdale, with the board expectating a Mid-Table Finish, with Media Predicting we'd finish 14th, on the plus side we were given much better odds than the other newly promoted sides Workington and Kettering

Transfers - Busy season as I went about trying to build up a squad, though most of these players were brought in on Non-Contracts.

FA Cup - The less said about this the better as we were knocked out at the first hurdle by non-league Sutton.

FA Trophy - Didn't go much better as we were thrashed by fellow North side Harrogate.

National North - Disappointing season as we just struggled to get going spending all the season down here but never in any real danger of going down - we didn't start off great a woeful September where we lost five in a row without scoring left me worried but we turned it around with a seven game unbeaten run including five wins which saw us slowly climb the table, before another slump hit in February where we drew four games in a row, then lost to title chasers Boston but beat Corby to secure our place in the league next season with seven games spare, though after that we completely fell apart losing four of the remaining games badly, before somehow beating leaders Worcester in the final game to deny them the title leaving them to go up via the playoffs.

Squad, Overview and Review

Starting the season in Goal was existing Keeper Shane Lewis who did ok but lost his place after a couple of injuries to Irishman Oliver Byrne who'd been released by Man Utd.

Finding a settled defence was a lot harder, starting the season at Right Back was Jack Gurr who was a starting player but had a poor season, and was replaced by Matthew Challoner who'd been released by Southport and was better on paper but didn't exactly impress and rotated with Joshua Clackstone (Hull) who was also deployed on the Wing. At Left Back things weren't much better Dieter Downey was brought in but failed to impress at either LB or LM, neither did his replacement Mason Warren (Rotherham), with the final option being Ben O'Hanlon (Wolves) who didn't do much better.

At Centre-Back we faired better we actually started off with a couple of decent ones though they couldn't jump and needed replacing with Irishman Mason Watkins-Clark (Stoke) and Josh Heaton (Preston) being brought in to add some extra quality to my defence though they did both struggle to make it through a full match and I'm hoping this is just a match fitness thing from arriving late rather than being due to their low Stamina ratings, providing cover was Ollie Thorne.

Wingers proved to be another problem position with Right Winger Keano Deacon (Fleetwood) offering nothing, whilst Loanee Rory Oliver put in some good performances and with Walsall releasing him I might try and sign him. Down the Left Wing was existing player Jack Gwilliams who did ok but I would have liked a better option.

In the Centre of Midfield was my best performing player Luke Dobie who was here at the start and had an excellent season playing in the Ball Winning Role, partnering him was Harvey Hodd (Fleetwood) who had a good season as I tried to find him a role to work with Dobie, however it seems he has no interest in re-signing with me, providing cover was another Walsall loanee Jordan Sangha who did well despite spending most of his time as a sub.

Leading the line upfront was Deon Moore on loan from Peterborough who scored an impressive 16 goals though he did go missing in a few games, partnering him for the first half of the season was Chris Dickinson who did ok but was replaced by George Maris (Barnsley) in the second half of the season who offered more, with my other option being Irishman Eoghan Stokes (Leeds).

Best XI - About right though I'd have picked Challoner over Gurr and Hodd over Sangha.

Awards - This is a new screen for FM16.

Injuries - Another interesting new screen.

Academy Prospect - Left Winger Derek Jarvis is the best my youth team produced.

Finances - Are bad we are losing about £30K a month and we'd still lose money even if we didn't have any staff or players, with the board even stopping the payment of bonuses to non-contract players which ironicly angered one of my part-time players, though I'm not sure what the point of this was anyway they did this after our last match so they weren't going to get paid over the summer anyway?

Reputation - Slight increase over the season but we are still the worst in the League.

Manager Profile - Even without any coaching badges my coaching attributes increased a fair bit. I also got linked with my first job in January and then got linked with every other North job and worrying even featured on the sack race bit a few times.

So the plan for next season is to try and make a run on the playoffs whilst trying to fix the wide positions, though the lack of money is going to be a problem, thankfully I have most of my core players on new contracts (with pay cuts aswell) and will see how much we can raise by releasing contracted squad players.

And of course going through pre-season as I type this up looks like I've lost my two best players aswell Hodd refused to sign a new contract and Dobie got injured in the first friendly and is out for five months leaving me to hunt around for a new midfield aswell :(

State of The World

Premier League - First season was won by Chelsea with top four as you were, whilst at the bottom Sunderland, Villa and Norwich all went down, with Hull, Fulham and Reading all getting promoted. Second saw City win the title with Spurs displacing Arsenal from the top four, at the bottom Fulham, Reading and Leicester all went down.

Wenger has retired and Blanc took over, Rodgers is at Palace, Everton have gone back in time having Joe Royle (!) as caretaker manager after firing Martinez and then re-appointing Moyes, Simone is at City, who was replaced by Klopp who Liverpool replaced with Bielsa, Utd appointed Ancelotti after firing Van Gaal, Frank de Boer is at Stoke, Pulis is at Watford with WBA replacing him with Pearson.

Bournemouth, Chelsea, Newcastle, Swansea and Spurs have had no manger changes.

FA Cup - Newcastle beat Utd and then Chelsea beat Palace.

League Cup - Liverpool beat Spurs, before Sunderland (!) beat Chelsea.

Champions League - Chelsea beat Juventus, before Barcelonad beat Paris

Europa League - Spurs beat Monaco and Utd beat Lyon.

Euro 2016 - England beat Bosnia, then Hodgson retired and was replaced by Koeman.

I've also added the following leagues (not that they have stopped the English domination so far):

France - Paris have continued to dominate winning everything in France apart from the League Cup in the first season where they lost the final to Marseille

Germany - Dominated by Bayern, but with Schalke claiming the Cup in the first season and Werder have just finished bottom of the league.

Italy - Same story here with two more titles for Juventus with Lazio a good 20 points behind in second, plus two cups for Juventus though bottom side Chievo made the final of the last cup

Holland - Both titles for Ajax, though with their silly playoff system 5th placed Zwolle have just been denied a place in Europe next season.

Scotland - Both titles for Celtic, with newly promoted Rangers third in the second season, League Cup went to Celtic twice with the FA Cup being won by Rangers then Celtic.

Spain - More domination as Real claim both titles with 98 then 99 points, with Atletico pushing Barcelona into third this season, though Barc did win the cup along with Valencia.

Leaderboard points (FM Mode) (My Steam Username is same as here if anyone wants to add me)

(points / position)

Single Game: 8,690 (171,482)

Single Season: 8,690 (171,280)

Single Season in England: 8,690 (109,496)

Single Season National North: 8,690 (1,426)

Career Overview

[TABLE=class: cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_ cms_table_cms_table_ cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_MsoTableLi cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_ghtShading cms_table_m, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Season[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]League[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Position[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Achievements (Domestic)[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Achievements

(Europe)[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Leaderboard Points

(Season / Game)

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Euro C/E

(Place)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]16/17[/TD]

[TD]National North[/TD]

[TD]16th[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]8,690 / 8,690[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

FMKING_zpsjntgmtfc.png

SEASON 2024-25 Barclays Premier League

League

Making steady progress in the league from last season! Only dominated a few games. We mostly won by the odd goal and seemed to fall apart defensively in some games. The bulk of the squad are clearly not good enough to push on and become an established mid to top half Premier league team so will let a few go in the summer and try and replace with a bit more experience and quality! We won 2 more games than last season and finished in a respectable 13th position.

FIXTURES 1 |FIXTURES 2 | LEAGUE TABLE

Cups

Still Awful in all cups!

CUP FIXTURES

Squad and Club Info

Squad | Home Screen | Transfers | Season Review| Best 11 | Top Goalscorer | Fans Player

[font=system]Season     Division                                                         Pos               FA Cup            Lg Cup           Other Comps                              Continental Comps                  Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    Vanarama National South                        4th               3rd qual rd        N/A                FAT: 3rd qual rd                          N/A                                            lost in playoff final
2017/18    Vanarama National South                        1st                3rd qual rd        N/A                FAT: 3rd qual rd                          N/A                                           Champions, Manager of the year
2018/19    Vanarama National Conference              1st ​               4th qual rd        N/A                FAT: Winners                               N/A                                          Champions, FA Trophy winners, Manager of the year
2019/20    SkyBet League 2                                       1st                2nd rd                1st rd              JPT: Sth 1/4 final                        N/A                                           Champions, Manager of the year
2020/21    SkyBet League 1                                       2nd               1st rd                 1st rd              JPT: 2nd rd                                  N/A                                            Runners up, Manager of the year
2021/22    SkyBet Championship                             10th             3rd rd                 2nd rd             N/A                                              N/A
2022/23    Skybet Championship                              1st                4th rd                 1st rd              N/A                                              N/A                                             Champions, Manager of the year
2023/24    Barclays Premier League                          15th             3rd rd                 4th rd             N/A                                              N/A    
2024/25    Barclays Premier League                          13th             4th rd                 3rd rd             N/A                                              N/A
[/font]

Inbox_.png"]

[/url]

ASHTON UNITED HIRE BEN SMITH IN CONTROVERSIAL APPOINTMENT

Inbox_.png

By Joe Bloggs

Tameside Reporter

Published: Nov 22, 2015 at 03:00

Ashton United officially announced Ben Smith as their new manager today.

The move was expected all week as Smith was seen at the ground a few days prior to the announcement, presumably holding talks with Terry Hollis, the club's Chairman.

It is not known how the news has gone down with the fans of the recently promoted National North side as Smith is a lifelong fan of Ashton's fierce rivals, Stalybridge Celtic.

More to follow...

Dorchester Town 2019/20 Season Report - Skybet League 2 - Promotion!

|

League Table | League Results (Home) | League Results (Away) | Capital One Cup | FA Cup | Johnstones Paint Trophy |

As always, our home form carried us throughout the season, losing only a handful of games. That said, our away form really needs some work. We secured promotion with a couple games to go. We kept pace with the league leaders until the final 6 games, we drew most of those and then fell away. Perhaps we'll get the interesting record of going all the way to the Premier League without actually winning a league title! The main cups were woeful, being drawn against teams that were much better than us, that said the Johnstones Paint Trophy run was fun, getting all the way to the South Finals, where League One Yeovil Town beat us 2-1 in both legs.

Key Players

| DJ Buffonge | Mark Waddington | John Rooney | Brandon Griffiths |

DJ joined us part way through the season and joined in with a lot of assists from the right wing. I'm undecided whether I'll get an upgrade on him next season as his attributes arent that good and we could really do with a lot more pace on the wings. Mark Waddington was great in the centre of midfield, he will be a starter in League One too, he covered the most distance out of any player in League Two this season and got his fair share of goals and assists. I wish his passing was more accurate. John Rooney was his side-kick in central midfield, I initially wanted him to play in the AMC role as his passing and vision are good for our level, however I couldn't find a CM good enough so I played him there instead. Next season I'll be aiming to get a good CM so we can push John in to a more creative position. Finally Brandon Griffiths played well on the left wing and when needed I could push him up as a striker. His only downside was his consistancy, he'd play well for a few games and go missing for a few. Perhaps this was may inability to man-manage him correctly.

Club Info

| Squad | Finances | Season Review | Transfers | Injury Report | End of Season Awards | Manager Profile |

The squad handled the season well, with few injuries and better management by me (keeping the match sharpness up to scratch helps a lot!). The finances are fine, with a few hundred K in the bank after promotion and the wage budget for next season should be enough for us. I continued my transfer style of not signing too many players, despite being tempted to overhaul the entire team. This seemed to pay off and I'll try to do the same next season.

Next Season Targets

- Improve our defence, possibly a whole new back four, depending on what's available in the market. Our defenders are getting too many yellow/red cards hence I need people with better tackling/marking/positioning/decision making and anticipation. Not too much to ask for huh?

- Tempting fate here, but I've always found League 2 and League 1 to be the easiest part of this challenge, so I'm hoping to get in to the play-offs.

- After getting to the South Final in the Johnstones Paint Trophy, it would be great to go out and win it this time round.

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Season

[/TD]

[TD=align: center]League

[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Final Position

[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Achievements

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]2016/17

[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Vanarama South

[/TD]

[TD=align: center]2nd

[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Promoted

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]2017/18

[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Vanarama National

[/TD]

[TD=align: center]20th

[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Survived

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]2018/19

[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Vanarama National

[/TD]

[TD=align: center]5th

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]2019/20

[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Skybet League 2

[/TD]

[TD=align: center]3rd

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Salford City FC - Season 3 - 2018/19

Salford%20City_zpspd4khrsb.jpg

Squad|League Table|Graph|Transfers|Finances|Season Review|End of Season Awards

I'm blaming the defenders again... Our attacking players are amoungst the best in the division but at the back i struggled to match our defence to the quality of our attackers. we also hit a few patches during the season where we were too inconsistant, we would go from beating one of the top 6/7 teams and losing to a team in the relegation zone... We were managing to cling on to a playoff spot right up until April when we just couldn't keep it up, we fell out of the playoffs and into an 7th place finish. We were predicted 11th at the start of the season so i guess i should be pleased with this... But alas it was really a season that could of been much better. Also we really need to turn Pro. It's getting annoying having to have some players on Non-Contracts and losing them to Pro teams.

I've bagged my National C licence!

Youth Prospects;

Steven Houghton YP3 - LB/CB - Initial Profile|Coach Report - Didn't originally tag any players, decided to add him in has he could make it with us being short at Full Back.

Orlando Carnegie YP2 - CB/LB - Initial Profile|Coach Report - Season 1

Steve Russell YP1a - CM/DMC - Initial Profile|Coach Report - Season 1 - Season 2 - Went out on Loan to the Van. North, will try to get him more games next season.

Callum Harrison YP1b - CB - Initial Profile|Coach Report - Season 1 - Season 2

Season            League             Position       FA cup     FA Trophy   League cup    Europe 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016/17        Conference North        1st       4th Qf Rd    1st Rd          N/A          N/A    
2017/18        Conference National     10th      4th Qf Rd    Semi Final      N/A          N/A  
2018/19        Conference National     7th       4th Qf Rd    1st Rd          N/A          N/A

Met Police 2017-2018 (Season 2)

Season 1

Summary

Season 1 was a grind - mostly about surviving with mistake prone players. For season 2 I thought it was key to play more expansive football and to improve the overall talent on the team, especially in regards to decisions and concentration. Our first signing was Adrian Clifton on a Bosman from Lewes. He addressed a number of needs in midfield, but mainly to add leadership into the team. Not six weeks after joining he became the captain. Likewise, Spaniard Julian Serrano, signed as a trialist, gave us a bit more teeth in the midfield. Both gave our home grown Ben Ryan much more freedom to bomb forward and he had such a good season the fan's voted him player of the season.

In season 1 our primary formation was a 4-5-1 and with some hesitation I switched to a 4-3-3 (4-1-2-3 DM Wide to be precise) to start the pre-season. The hesitation was from a disastrous attempt at trying it out in season 1. Nevertheless I committed myself to it and after some adjustments after the first few matches of the season it hit its stride and Met Police began playing some seriously entertaining football. At least at home, where we were nearly unbeatable. On the road we ground out results (losing about as much as we won but pulling out some tough draws too). By mid-season we were in the top half and with a third of the season left to play we were sitting in a playoff position.

That's when the wheels fell off. Chance after chance was missed. The few chances we gave up all seemed to result in goals. Through a stretch of seven matches we lost five. But the saving grace was everybody else in the top 3 were equally inept. With four matches to play we seemed to have somewhat righted the ship winning two of three - but both wins were very squirrelly.

And then came the final match. We sat 2nd place, two points behind Welling. I was not the least bit optimistic about our chances in a playoff given our form. Our final match against 9th place Aldershot commenced and it was a lifeless affair, my side very nervous. The minutes ticked by and neither side could muster up chances. The halftime whistle blew and we sat 0-0. The second half continued on like the first, but in the 82nd minute our mid-season signing at RB Ben Sampayo got loose on the wing sent in a whipped cross and an Aldershot defender accidentally knocked the ball into his own net. With Welling losing we were suddenly in first place. It was a white knuckle final ten minutes but we held on and won the Vanarama South, having spent all of 10 minutes of the season in first place. On to the Vanarama National Conference!

Vanarama South Table

Vanarama South Player of the Year

Met Police Season Review

Met Police End of Season Awards

My Profile

Met Police Transfers

The Future

I anticipate three seasons in the Conference. Next year will be about surviving while incrementally improving the talent in the side. Our youth intakes have been awful so far (only one player above 1 star potential) so it will need to be from external candidates. Our finances are bad (-100k balance) so attracting players is an issue. However, I mostly want to stay with the same squad. I believe continuity early in the season can pick you up a lot of points while everybody else is trying to build cohesion. Over the next two years I anticipate turning over the entire squad and build towards a promotion campaign in 2020/21. Our most immediate goal is to improve our CBs who were slow for the Vanarama South. They could be really exposed in the Conference. On a side note, my Board delayed updating the stadium to Conference standards so that could be an issue as we are broke - as mentioned.

[color=#323333][font=Courier]Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements[/font][/color]
[color=#323333][font=Courier]------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][/color]
[color=#323333][font=Courier]2016/17         Vanarama South              16th                [/font][/color]
[color=#323333][font=Courier]2017/18         Vanarama South              1st               Champions & Manager of the Season[/font][/color]

kTaSBVj.png

Metropolitan Police - Sky Bet League 2 - 2021/22 - First

Youth Players

nil

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016/17       Met Police               England            Vanarama National League South         5th                  Playoff Final/Promotion
2017/18       Met Police               England            Vanarama National League                17th                  
2018/19       Met Police               England            Vanarama National League                 1st                   Champions  
2019/20       Met Police               England            Sky Bet League 2                             21st                   Survival
2020/21       Met Police               England            Sky Bet League 2                             12th        
2021/22       Met Police               England            Sky Bet League 2                              1st                  Champions             

Next Season

Survival

Sign more players!

Facility News

nil

Major Competition Winners

Sky Bet League 2 - Met Police, Bristol Rovers, Wycombe, Scunthorpe

FA Cup - Man City

Capital One Cup - Man City

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Peterborough

English Premier League - Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Crystal Palace, West Ham

Championship - Middlesbrough, Sheff Wed, Swansea

Champions League - Arsenal

Euro - SLB

A League - Adelaide Utd/Newcastle

TRlcO7m.png

Colwyn Bay FC - Vanarama National - 2019/20

We really did a good job in the off-season and brought in a lot of new faces on free transfer. It seemed like I was able to attract far better players this year. The fresh faces meant that we were able to fight for the league title. However the relegation of Blackpool and Southend was something that could bring trouble.

League Table

We were the best team throughout the season. We managed to grab another league title without too much trouble.

FA Cup

Not much to report. League One team Eastleigh was too much for us.

FA Throphy

Being the title holders this was a big let down for me.

Notable events:

Turning Pro!

Season surprise Osei-Bonsu - Really only brought him in for back-up, but this guy proved to be one of my best players. He played the vital regista role in my tactics.

Great on-loan player Robert Terrace - Terrace has been at my club for two seasons on loan now and just signed him up for a third year. Hopefully we'll get him on contract soon!

Career Overview

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17   Vanarama North               5th         Loss in play-off finals
2017/18   Vanarama North               1st         Promotion
2018/19   Vanarama National            13th        FA Throphy winners
2019/20   Vanarama National            1st         Promotion

Next Season

Survive.

Grays Athletic

Season Summary 21-22

League 1

Final Position 1

The League:

Coming up is probably one of the best seasons ever played in this challenge. Season started with 6 straight wins, placing us at top of the table. A position we held throughout the season. We finished with 110 points, 18 points above our closest challenger. The high team morale and the occasional half time moaning from the manager, worked like a charm. This included the best league game of the season, down 0-1 at half time away to Leyton and winning 6-1. The only issue we were having in the league, was the silly low attendances, despite our dominance.

The Cups: We had some really great performances!

Capital One: A nice 4-1 1st round win away vs Oxford. Second round we were eliminated for the second time by Aston Villa, in a game they dominated and won 1-0.

FA Cup: 1st round 5-1 win home vs Buxton, 2nd round a 3-1 win home vs Coventry, 3rd round 4-0 win home vs Bolton, 4th round we drew Fulham home and played 2-2. Had seen us gone in the return game, but we pulled off a 1-0 win. 5th round 4-3 home win vs Preston. Except Fulham, all teams had been same or lower divisions. In the 6th round we drew Man City away and I was fearing a big whooping. Despite City fielding a really strong team and completely dominating the game, we pulled an amazing 1-0 win, scored on one of the shots that managed to hit the frame. This also placed the last nail in City manager Staam. In the semi final, we played against Hull, who was 15th in the PRM and compared to City seemed an easy game, unfortunately in an even game, we lost 2-1 in extra time.

JPT: We entered in the 2nd round an beat Stevenage 5-1 at home. 2nd round a 2-0 home win vs Colchester. In the semi final we were struggling against Luton, but advanced on penalties after 2-2 normal time. South Finals vs Bristol Rovers was a 2-0 home win and 1-0 away. In the Final we met Preston for the 4th time and beat them 4-0 and sang jolly songs all the way with our little trophy.

The Players:

Despite all the positives from the season, we lost 2 key players in the process and most likely a 3rd, as he won't sign a new contract. Cystal Palace kept bidding on Flemming Sørensen, until they offered his min. release fee of 2.1 mill. He was a key player for us as DM, now he is stuck in their reserves... The 2 other players will come in the player update.

Michel Dupuis GK - young exciting goalie with amazing physical stats for his age. Granted he was surrounded by great defenders, yet still managed to have 29 clean sheets.

David Jensen DC - was the rock of our defense and vice captain. Currently rated leading CH player, and unfortunately not interested in renewing his contract :(

Danilo Pantic MC - kept up with his great form from last season and creates quite a few assists from free kicks.

Martin Charrier MC (previous Calais) another great young french player, played really well with Pantic.

Filip Valencic AML - still going strong, had a 6 week injury mid season, but still contributed with 17 goals in 42 matches.

Rory Donnely AMR - found his form this season and scored 18 goals in 42 matches.

Harry Cardwell SC (previously Stevenage) took him some time to adjust to our playstyle and perform well, notched up 18 goals in 30 matches.

Victor Manuel Diez SC - our key player by far with 28 goals in 38 matches. He wouldn't sign a new contract, Villareal made an offer of combined 1.2 mill, and with an option to loan him back for the season, it was the better of two worse.

The Extras.

Our finances has significantly improved, both due to initial budget from getting promoted, but also due to cup runs naturally. Despite them looking great, the L1 wage restrictions rendered them useless. The new board is really cheap, only managed to get them to upgrade the training facilities at the end of the season, all other thingies I asked for was rejected. Loosing our best defender and striker will hurt, but hopefully playing in the CH, will open up for some other great players.

We are still stuck at a rented stadium, so hoping board will eventually decide to build or purchase one.

Season	League	Pos	Europe		FA Cup	Cap One	FAT/JPT
16-17	VNS	1st	None		3d Qua	None	Final
17-18	VN	11th	None		2nd Rnd	None	FAT Winners
18-19	VN	1st	None		2nd Rnd	None	2nd Rnd
19-20	L2	1st	None		5th Rnd	2nd Rnd	Runner Up
20-21	L1	8th	None		4th Rnd	2nd Rnd	Semi-Final
21-22	L1	1st	None		Semi	2nd Rnd	JPT Winner

1329142332.jpg

Ashton United

2016/17 Season Report

Vanarama National League North

Table - Past Positions - Squad - Transfers

Summary

We were expected to finish 20th, but I told the lads we could do better, which upset most of them. For around two thirds of the season I was happy for them to mock my ambition as we floated around mid-table, rising as high as 7th. With a bit more consistency, a play-off push was looking possible. With the aid of our newly appointed scouting trio, I'd bought in some decent signings to add some depth and quality, which was needed as we had a number of injuries throughout the season. Following our 3rd round FA Cup Trophy exit, a switch flipped. Sadly, it was the switch labeled 'Beach', and we proceeded to lose 6 of our next 7 games, culminating in a 4-0 loss to Lowestoft which the board were none too pleased about. Despite their overall satisfaction, they threatened to fire me if we lost the next game. We didn't, and won 3 of our last 6 games to finish a respectable 14th. Before the lads went on holiday (again) I told them that next season we could push for the playoffs, which upset them (again).

Cups

We suffered a disappointing loss to Salford in the 4th qualifying around of the FA Cup. I was guilty of resting players and we were played off the park in a match we were expected to win. We went better in the FA Trophy, reaching the 3rd round before bowing out to Kidderminster from the division above.

Players

Midfielder Jordan Storey was voted the player of the year by the fans, despite not being able to last through 70 minutes of any game due to his cripplingly low stamina. Aaron Burns finished as top scorer with 15, despite going on a 21 hour goal drought. Right back Nathan Turner was seen as a terrible bit of business by the fans, and I'd be inclined to agree. Liam Davies, who I hoped would bring the goals, brought nothing but medical bills. I still have high expectations, despite his long-term achilles injury.

Next Season

With a few good signings (a CB and a DM) and a clearing of dead wood, I believe a playoff push is possible next season. We're currently above our wage budget, but it can easily be brought back under control. I mostly need to work out how to prevent defeats turning into "no win in 7" death spirals.

Career Overview

Season            League                     Position       FA cup          FA Trophy    League cup    Europe       Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016/17           Vanarama North             14th           4th Qf Rnd      3rd Rnd       N/A           N/A         None

Due to a problem with my internet connection I wont be able to upload photos, just do a written report. Not that the photos would be flattering!! My god we were terrible.. Probably my worst, and I have to say least enjoyable, season I've had on FM for many years.

I'm managing Dorchester, and my first season we finished 14th in Vanarama South, managing not more than 52 points. Only Bishops Stortford (finished 22nd) conceded more goals than us. We got knocked out in the first round of both cups, no surprises there!

For next year I probably need to bring in 10-15 players if I'm gonna have a chance of making a run for the play-offs. When telling my players in a team meeting after the season that I would be aiming for a top half finish the hole team morale dropped all the way to the bottom, so it's a great start so far!

The only highlight was my 16 year old winger Dean Rowe who managed 15 goals, and that included a two month injury!

Time for silly season, that will hopefully get at least 3 players that are good enough for Vanarama South!

Made very few transfers in and the settled squad started well with a 12 match unbeaten run to go top after 15 games. They could not sustain this form but were in the playoffs all season with Kidderminster well ahead. Kidderminster managed a run of 6 draws in 7 games to allow the team to catch up and go top with a game to go, they promptly lost 3-0 to finish 2nd.

In the playoffs the team beat Buxton 2-1 away before drawing 2-2 at home. In the final the team were always in control winning 2-1 against Guiseley.

In the FA cup the team made the 1st Rd for the first time but were drawn away to L1 Luton. Luton were near invincible at home and the team were lucky to only lose 5-0.

The FA Trophy started with a 10-1 win against Carlton and ended in the 3rd Rd losing 2-1 at home to VNL Southport in the 93rd Minute of a close game.

Finances improved as a result of the board putting in 80k. A takeover occurred in apr and the new board put in another 35k to finish the season in the black.

Played with a 4-2-3-1 formation at home and often away which really seemed to work with the wingers especially productive.

My first choice goalie Jones left in feb for Kidderminster along with my back up RB King-Elliott (93 apps, 3 goals).

Youth product Chenery was my first choice RB with Askew my LB. The CB's rotated depending who was playing better (or rather not as bad!)

In midfield i brought in ex chelsea youngster Todd who i hope can be here for a while.

Saraiva was again my best player in terms of average rating. The wingers combined well crossing for the other to score all season. Quintero on the right was awesome and Ajiboye playing on the left as a inside foward was also in great goal scoring form.

Up front Diedrick-Roberts was hit and miss so i snapped up the chance to sign Hambo. Rated at L2 standard he was the joint top scorer in the VNL the season before although i don't think i got the most out of him.

Season            League             Position       FA cup     FA Trophy   League cup    Europe       Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016/17        Conference North        3rd       3rd Qf Rd    3rd Qf Rd       N/A          N/A          None
2017/18        Conference North        10th      3rd Qf Rd    3rd Qf Rd       N/A          N/A          None
2018/19        Conference North        10th      3rd Qf Rd    1st Rd          N/A          N/A          None
2019/20        Conference North        2nd       1st Rd       3rd Rd          N/A          N/A          Promoted

FMKING_zpsjntgmtfc.png

SEASON 2025-26 Barclays Premier League

League

Continued to work up way up the league and with the signings we made we played very well against most teams with only one spanking at old trafford other than that we looked good. Into the last game of the season we were 7th just one spot out of the UEFA cup spots. Playing Liverpool on the final day of the season they occupied 6th position and was one point behind. Winning the game 1-0 we moved into 6th spot and will be playing European football next season!

FIXTURES 1 |FIXTURES 2| LEAGUE TABLE

Cups

Finally we done something of note in the FA cup reaching the semi final! Against man city we had a player sent off after 36 mins and couldnt compete losing the game 2-0! Nothing in the league cup again!

CUP FIXTURES

Squad and Club Info

Squad | Home Screen | Transfers | Season Review| Best 11 | Top Goalscorer | Fans Player

[font=verdana]Season Division Pos FA Cup Lg Cup Other Comps Continental Comps Notes[/font]
[font=verdana]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[size=2]2016/17 Vanarama National South 4th 3rd qual rd N/A FAT: 3rd qual rd N/A lost in playoff final
2017/18 Vanarama National South 1st 3rd qual rd N/A FAT: 3rd qual rd N/A Champions, Manager of the year
2018/19 Vanarama National Conference 1st ​ 4th qual rd N/A FAT: Winners N/A Champions, FA Trophy winners, Manager of the year
2019/20 SkyBet League 2 1st 2nd rd 1st rd JPT: Sth 1/4 final N/A Champions, Manager of the year
2020/21 SkyBet League 1 2nd 1st rd 1st rd JPT: 2nd rd N/A Runners up, Manager of the year
2021/22 SkyBet Championship 10th 3rd rd 2nd rd N/A N/A
2022/23 Skybet Championship 1st 4th rd 1st rd N/A N/A Champions, Manager of the year
2023/24 Barclays Premier League 15th 3rd rd 4th rd N/A N/A
2024/25 Barclays Premier League 13th 4th rd 3rd rd N/A N/A
[/size][/font][size=2][font=verdana]2025/26 Barclays Premier League 6th Semi Final 4th rd N/A N/A Qualified for UEFA Cup[/font][/size]

Fresh copy of FM 16 purchased today, ran a year of holiday, and now terribly inexperienced American manager Joe Kerr takes the reins for Salford Ammies. (pics to be uploaded shortly). I'm new at this particular challenge, so I expect a quick and painful exit, but we shall see.

Marine_F.C.logo.png

2016/2017 - End of Season Review - Vanarama National League North

I think we were predicted to finish in the relegation spots, but I was aiming for top half. Safe to say I was quite chuffed when we finished in the playoff spots, only 4 points behind the champions. We were even 1st for exactly 2 gameweeks.

Despite having our top scorer injured for the playoff semifinals against Gloucester, we scored a jammy second leg winner to qualify for the finals. The final was much easier, this time it was the opponent's top scorer (who had scored 4 in the league game against us :D) who was injured. Without him, it was a us controlling the game and deservedly won. TLDR: We promoted via the playoffs \o/

Competitions Overview - Both cups were awful, lost in the 2nd and 3rd qualifying rounds respectively.

Transfers - Was quite not sober when I signed Rahul Parmar for a fee, had no idea I even had a transfer budget :D

Finances - Ouch :(

Key Players

Tristian Dunkley

Michael Roberts

Alex Salmon

Youth Players

Kevin Forster - Will aim to give him a few games next season, interesting to see how he develops.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season     | League             | Position   | Cup Performance    | Achievements    |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2016/17    | Vanarama North     | 4th        | Awful              | Promotion       |

TRlcO7m.png

Colwyn Bay FC - Sky Bet League Two - 2020/21

Our first season as a professional football club proved to be difficult at times. We weren't able to focus on the cups since staying up was the main objective in the beginning of the season. We did a very good job in the second half of the season and stayed up without trouble. We did well in the transfer market and got a couple of good loans from our parent club Everton.

League Table

We were in the relegation battle untill the end of January. After that we played very good football and ended only three points away from promotion play-off. Very good start in the Sky-Bet leagues.

FA Cup

Not much to report. League One team Wycombe was too much for us.

Capital One Cup

We only had a taste of this competition.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy

We only had a taste of this competition.

Notable events:

Liam Walsh Our best player of the season was from Everton, our parent club.

Career Overview

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17   Vanarama North               5th         Loss in play-off finals
2017/18   Vanarama North               1st         Promotion
2018/19   Vanarama National            13th        FA Throphy winners
2019/20   Vanarama National            1st         Promotion
2020/21   Sky Bet League Two           10th         

Next Season

I would like for us to try the push for a play-off spot. With the addition of a good winger/attacker I think it can be done.

220px-JBkpZgj2.jpeg

Salford City - Sky Bet Championship - 2024/25

This was our second season in the Championship and I was hoping we could consolidate after last season. It started pretty well and we were in and around the playoffs for the majority of the season until about 10 games to go and then we suffered a drastic dip in form and we dropped down to our lowest league position of the season and stayed there. Overall I am happy we played well for the majority of the season and our home form was excellent winning 13 of our 23 home games, however we only managed 5 away league wins all season which is something we really need to improve on for next season if we want to push up the league.

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - Shock exit to Lincoln in the capital one cup before we made it to R4 of the FA Cup before being battered by Premier League Burnley.

Squad - Didnt really change a lot from last season. Brought in a few quality players and hopefully can do the same again this summer.

Finances - £5.25m Solidarity payment helped again and we sit just under £3.5m in the bank.

Key Player Profiles:

Shpetim Haliti - Albanian my scouts somehow came across had a great debut season.

Thibaud Verlinden - Played right wing all season but I'm thinking of trying him in he F9 role next season. Worth£6.5m but has a £1.7m release fee and he wont discuss a new contract. May be powerless and see him leave if we receive a offer.

Ronnie McLaughlin - Surprisingly good season from the winger. Joint top scorer.

Next Season

Try and crack the play offs

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17         Vanarama North              3rd               Lost playoff final  
2017/18         Vanarama North              1st               Champions
2018/19         Vanarama National           1st               Champions 
2019/20         League 2                    8th
2020/21         League 2                    8th
2021/22         League 2                    1st               Champions
2022/23         League 1                    1st               Champions
2023/24         Championship                11th
2024/25         Championship                13th

Grays Athletic

Season Summary 22-23

Championship

Final Position 3

The League:

Finishing the Championship in 3rd position was better than hoped for. We managed to secure quite a few points and keeping a decent goal difference, but it never felt as if we finished 3rd. We had a great season home, but mostly played abysmal away. With 5 games to go, we were actually close to the automatic promotion spot, but only getting 6 points in the last 5 games, ripped that dream apart. In the Playoff Semi, we had to play Reading, lost 2-1 away, won 1-0 home, 0-0 in extra time and going to the penalties, we lost. It really was a sweet/bitter taste it left me with. The sweetness from our overall performance, but loosing to Reading on penalties was just harsh.

The Cups:

The only positives from this years cups, was managing to get past 2nd round in Capital One Cup.

Capital One Cup: 1st round we beat Cambridge 1-0 home. 2nd round a 6-3 away win, 3-3 normal time vs Bristol City. 3rd round 2-0 home win vs Norwich. Then defeated in 4th round by 2-1 by Stoke.

FA Cup: Entered in 3rd round and beat Not. Forest 3-1 away. Played 1-1 vs Arsenal at home in 4th round and lost the replay 3-0.

The Players:

With loosing 2 key defender and striker last season, it was hard to find good replacements, ended up signing too many mediocre players, hoping they would turn out great, but only managed to get a few good prospects, instead of key players. Worst part was the insane amounts of long injuries we faced this season. Did manage to sign one great defender, Tornike Chkhartishvili from Georgia, but read wrong on the appeal on work permit, so now own a useless player :rolleyes:

The noteworthy players of the season:

Michael Dupuis GK - Had a good season, but doubt he will be good enough for PRM when that happens.

Martyn le Fondre DM - (signed from Man City for 375k) Great prospect, tireless and consistent.

Pitbull DM - (previously Tottenham) Didn't need this one, but a player named Pitbull as DM, just couldn't help myself. He is english/brazilian nationality and does seem like an interesting prospect though.

Rory Donnely AMR - When he wasn't injured he had an amazing season, scoring 18 goals in 25 matches.

Filip Valencic AML - Was only a shadow of the last seasons, but was also injured quite a lot. 5 goals in 23 matches.

Graham Weller AML - (signed from Sunderland for 110k) Will be the replacement for Valencic, looks like a great prospect.

Mark Nagy SC - (previously Podbrezova) 18 goals in 28 matches. Was the closest thing to a replacement striker I could find. Nagy also won young player of the year.

The Extras:

The hightlight of the season, was signing Brendan Rodgers as new assman! :thup: Finances are the main concern, with, still low attendances (around 5k) and our mediocre sponsorships. Board won't allow a feeder club of any sort, won't build stadium, won't upgrade facilities. Managed to pressure them to allow personal coach upgrades, by "bribing" them with willingness to sign a new contract, as the only positive in the financial area.

Season	League	Pos	Europe		FA Cup	Cap One	FAT/JPT
16-17	VNS	1st	None		3d Qua	None	Final
17-18	VN	11th	None		2nd Rnd	None	FAT Winners
18-19	VN	1st	None		2nd Rnd	None	2nd Rnd
19-20	L2	1st	None		5th Rnd	2nd Rnd	Runner Up
20-21	L1	8th	None		4th Rnd	2nd Rnd	Semi-Final
21-22	L1	1st	None		Semi	2nd Rnd	JPT Winner
22-23	CH	3rd	None		4th Rnd	4th Rnd

Actually, I'm going to take a run with Enfield Town. Gotta love those kits.

Enfield%20Town_%20%20Profile.png

Very little to work with here unfortunately. Good fullbacks, decent wingers and a strong, injury prone striker from Romania. Very lacking in midfielders, central defenders, goalkeepers and depth so I'll have to bring in a lot of bodies.

Probably going to try to just keep things simple and play a conservative 4-1-4-1 or something similar. I've had a ton of issues stopping crosses in my previous attempts so hopefully a combination of fullbacks and wide midfielders can limit damage from out wide. Survive first, then get more creative as we bring in more talent.

kTaSBVj.png

Metropolitan Police - Sky Bet League 1 - 2022/23 - Fourth(Promoted)

Youth Players

nil

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016/17       Met Police               England            Vanarama National League South         5th                  Playoff Final/Promotion
2017/18       Met Police               England            Vanarama National League                17th                  
2018/19       Met Police               England            Vanarama National League                 1st                   Champions  
2019/20       Met Police               England            Sky Bet League 2                             21st                   Survival
2020/21       Met Police               England            Sky Bet League 2                             12th        
2021/22       Met Police               England            Sky Bet League 2                              1st                  Champions
2022/23       Met Police               England            Sky Bet League 1                              4th                  Promoted/JPT Runner Up             

Next Season

Survival

Squad upgrade

Facility News

nil

Major Competition Winners

Sky Bet League 1 - Wolves, Ipswich, Met Police

FA Cup - Burnley

Capital One Cup - Man City

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Wolves

English Premier League - Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Burnley, Stoke

Championship - West Brom, Sheff Utd, Watford

Champions League - SLB

Euro - Wolfsburg

A League - WSW/Adelaide Utd

Skelmersdale – National North 2017/18 – Season 2

After a decent enough season last year we didn't seem to get any board expectations this season, though the bookies gave us an outside chance of promotion whilst expecting Halifax to walk the league with the Media Predicting a solid 9th place finish.

Transfers - Not as busy as I went out trying to bring in quality over quantity with most players arriving on N/C terms even though my board were still refusing to pay out their bonuses. Saleswise it was a case of releasing anyone outside my first XI who was costing me money, and in Jan I managed to get a club record £2K for defender Heaton.

FA Trophy - Another shocker as my second string were well beat by one of my former challenge sides.

FA Cup - We started off with a narrow win over non-league Leamington in the Second Qual. Round and the narrowly beat another non-league side Matlock in the Third Qual. Round. In the Fourth Qual. Round we took on National League side Barrow and a second half hat-trick from my Striker Metz booked our place in the next round. In the First Round we faced another National League side Sutton who were struggling at the bottom but dominated the game against us until we scored two late goals to force a replay, a replay that would be our first ever TV game bringing in a much needed £35K, but despite dominating the game this time we fell behind but finally snatched victory in injury time when Striker Fielding scored minutes after coming on for the injuryed Hayes.

The Second Round drew us at home to Oldham who were going strong in League One and we were utterly outclassed ending our dreams of reaching the Third Round, on the plus side the game was again on TV bringing in a much needed £70K, though I would have preferred an away tie for the money, though disappointed that we didn't even manage to fill our ground.

National North - Excellent season as we manage to finish in the playoffs, I made us hard to beat this season with us having the second best defence, though it was at the expense of goals.

We got off to a great start scoring after just 10 seconds into our opening game which was a record for us but one second slowing than the league record but then lost to FC United, before drawing nine of the next 13 games, the main problem was getting the ball to my strikers or getting my strikers to shoot on target, so I switched from 4-4-2 to 4-4-1-1 that brought a slight improvement but a lack of AMs caused a problem I also tried 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 with limited success due to my woeful wingers, before switching over to a narrow 4-1-3-2 formation which brought results against better teams, though injuries meant I switched back to 4-4-2 for the run-in and eventually secured our playoff spot with a 3-1 win over Halifax in the second to last game thanks to a hatrick from Dobie.

POS Graph - We spend nearly all the second half of the season sat in the last playoff spot before taking advantage of Harrogates and Halifax's downfall to finish third, with Fylde snatching Harrogates playoff spot with a 93rd minute goal in their last game, whilst Nuneaton walked the league, which shows the benefits of being a pro side.

In the Playoffs we were drawn with Halifax a side that hadn't beaten us so far with two draws and two wins in our four encounters so far. In the First Leg we were missing a couple of important players including my first choice Keeper and Right Back and we got off to a bad start conceeding a goal from a corner, but soon drew level when Dobie scored a carbon copy of their goal, however they soon retook the lead before Striker Metz got on the end of a deep cross from my backup Right Back to again draw us level and that is how the game ended.

In the Second Leg I had my Keeper back but had lost my Striker Metz and in another even game we eventually scored the only goal when my Centre-Back Henderson headed a corner against the bar and then tapped in the rebound to send us to the playoff final.

In the Final we faced a Chorley side we hadn't managed to beat so far - drawing two and losing two of the four encounters so far. However Chorley just didn't turn up and we easily dominated the game as my Striker Dudley ended a 16 game goal drought to finally score his first goal for the club after first being put through by forgotten loanee Moore and then late on volleyed home a Deacon cross to secure promotion :cool:

[video=youtube_share;3qSbInytAwM]

Statpack - shows how the season went 0-0 was our most common result, followed by 1-0 and 1-1, whilst we dropped most points against the smaller sides as we just didn't have the quality to open up their defences, and inability to come from behind didn't help either.

Team Stats wise we topped the Possession stat (54%), Headers Won (69%), Pass Completion (73%), Passes Completed (18,632 - 3,000 more than the second side), Fouls Against (380), Dribbles Per Game (11) and were second in Clean Sheets (19)

Squad, Overview and Review

Irish Keeper Oliver Byrne started the season in goal and did ok but eventually lost his place as his inability to handle the ball was costing us goals, though a two month injury layoff ulimately cost him his place as I snapped up Dean Lyness who proved to be a much better option, though he is now refusing to sign a new contract :(

At Full-Back switching them over to Wing Backs seemed to improve things as at Right Back Joshua Clackstone had a much better season as did his understudy Matthew Challoner, whilst at Left Back Ben O'Hanlon was in good form.

At Centre Back I brought in Charlie Oliver (Man City) and Jeff Henderson (Newcastle via Sligo and Accrington) who made us a lot more solid at the back, with Irishman Mason Watson-Clark providing cover.

On the Right Wing Keano Deacon upped his game having a good season grabbing a record 10 assists, providing cover was Marcus Marshall (Grimsby) who did ok whilst on the Left Wing was Matthew Rimmer (Wigan) who also had a solid season, however I'm not sure if any of these are going to be good enough next season.

In the Centre of Midfield Luke Dobie was again our star player playing in the Supporting Ball Winning role, and was sorely missed in the first half of the season when he was rule out for four months after getting injured in the first friendly, partnering him was Botswanian Brandon Wilson (Burnley) who I actually had on last years challenge but he didn't impress, though he did this time having a fine season as he rotated through various roles before setting into the defend CM role, however he is another player who won't sign a new contract. Providing cover was Clovis Kamdjo (Forest Green) who did ok covering for the injured Dobie but lost his place when Dobie was back, whilst Irishman Jake Doyle-Hayes on loan from Villa impressed but he preferred the playmaker role that didn't quite make us as solid as when playing Wilson and Dobie.

Upfront Reece Fielding was loaned from Doncaster and started the season well playing as a Targetman but lost his place as I tried to find a more balanced tactic that he couldn't fit into, partnering him was Irishman Khius Metz (Burnley) who had a good season as my Poacher where his impressive pace caused teams no end of problems but struggled when he couldn't use it. Providing cover was Anthony Dudley (Bury) who was brought in to provide some more quality upfront but had a shocker though his goals in the playoff final nearly made up for the rest of the season, with my other option being Deon Moore who was reloaned from Peterborough but struggled to get into the side.

Best XI - I'd agree with that though I'd pick Henderson and Lyness if appearances didn't matter.

Academy - Produced Defender Roy Davies who might have some potential.

Finances - Still not great, the £150K prize and TV money from the FA Cup run helped but but we still lost money.

Average Attendance - Still pretty poor discounting the playoffs we managed 11% a 1% improvement over last season, hopefully more people will see us in the National League.

Reputation - We are upto One Star, but still near the top of the standings.

Manager Profile - Still no coaching badges, but I add a star to my Reputation which is now Low and my attributes improved a little. Main thing was getting my wage down from £575 p/w last season to £130 p/w this season (and just got it down to £50 p/w for next year). I also picked up my first Manager of the Month and Manager of the Year Awards.

Plans for Next Season

Initial plan is to survive in the National League, though back-to-back promotions would be nice, the other problem is somehow raising some money to get us out of debt so lets hope for another decent run in the FA Cup.

State of The World

Premier League - Won by Utd for the third different winner so far, but top four still as you were, getting relegated were Cardiff, Hull and Villa (again). Managerwise Brendan Rodgers had a busy season left Palace to join Southampton in July, got fired in Feb and took over the sinking ship that is Villa in March. Soton replaced Rodgers with Howe, which saw Bournemouth snatch Monk from Swansea, who took Laudrup from Villa who appointed Rodgers to complete the circle :D

Which leaves just Chelsea, Newcastle(!) and Spurs with no manager changes so far.

In the Championship Blackburn, QPR and Fulham win promotion to the Prem, with Rotherham, Mboro and Preston all going down. In League 1 Portsmouth win promotion to the Championship, whilst Bolton drop down to League 2 (which seems to happen every time in the challenge).

FA Cup - Newcastle somehow claimed it again this time beating Watford.

League Cup - Chelsea beat City.

Champions League - Paris beat R. Madrid. Man City made it to the Semi-Final, Chelsea and Spurs the Quarters, with Utd losing to Madrid in the Knockout Round, with Greek side PAOK somehow making it through the group stage

Europa League - Arsenal beat Villareal, with Celtic and Liverpool the beaten Semi-Finalists.

France - Paris made it three titles in a row grabbing over 90pts again, though the Cup was won by Monaco over Reims with Toulouse beating Marseille in the League Cup

Germany - Shock as Dortmund snatched the title from Bayern, with Leverkusen beating Hoffenheim in the Cup.

Italy - Another shock as Napolo snatch the title from Juventus, though did claim the Cup over Lazio.

Holland - Still more shocks as Twente beat Ajax to the title, and Zwolle finish second bottom. In the Cup Den Haag beat Groningen.

Scotland - No shock here as Celtic walk the league, with Rangers way behind in third, though Celtic lost the cup to Dundee Utd, and Championship side Partick Thistle beat Rangers in the League Cup

Spain - Poor season from Real as they claim the title with only 95pts, whilst Barcelona had a shocker finishing 4th, whit Villarreal and Athletic finishing in the top three. With Villareal also claiming the Cup over Real.

World Cup 2018 was won by Italy who beat Poland in the Final, with England going out in the Second Round costing Koeman his job.

Leaderboard points (FM Mode) (My Steam Username is same as here if anyone wants to add me)

(points / position)

Single Game: 26,461 (188,298)

Single Season: 17,771 (198,530)

Single Season in England: 17,771 (124,982)

Single Season National North: 17,771 (804)

Career Overview

[TABLE=class: cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_ cms_table_cms_table_ cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_ MsoTableLi cms_table_ghtShading cms_table_cms_table_m, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC, align: center]Season[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC, align: center]League[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC, align: center]Position[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC, align: center]Achievements (Domestic)[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC, align: center]Achievements

(Europe)[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC, align: center]Leaderboard Points

(Season / Game)

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC, align: center]Euro C/E

(Place)

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC, align: center]Average Attendance

(League)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]16/17[/TD]

[TD]National North[/TD]

[TD]16th[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]8,690 / 8,690[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]320 (10%)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]17/18[/TD]

[TD]National North[/TD]

[TD]3rd[/TD]

[TD]Promoted - Playoff Winners[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]17,771 / 26,461

[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]350 (11%)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I'm so overmatched in the Vanarama National. :( 8 points after 19 matches.

Don't worry too much, it just takes time for new signings to bed in. Just finished first season in that league and after 18 games i had 16 points after losing the first 7 away games. Finished 7th with 67 points

Started off the season poorly due to losing the first 7 away games but gradually got into form with a late surge of 7 wins and a draw pushing the team up to 7th. Although 7th was good for the first season in a new division it was also disappointing as the team were the better team in most matches with plenty of CCC's. Unfortunately they seemed unable to take the chances, Saraiva and Quintero were the worst culprits. Along with defensive mistakes the team could have gone higher.

In the FA Cup the team lost 3-2 at the first hurdle to VNLS Lewes in spite os having 19 chances and 6 CCC's. The team lost in the 2nd Rd of the FA Trophy to Northern League Redditch.

Finances stayed steady at about 30k thanks to the league prize money.

Transfer activity in wasn't that much, a few loan signings, goalies and 4 youths to pad out the u18's. Cleared out a lot of players who had done well but were not up to the level required, these included Lenighan (80 apps, 6 goals), Gregory (78 apps, 1 goal), Long (111 apps, 2 goals) and Ashton (68 apps, 27 goals). Also leaving were ex Arsenal players Tella (57 apps, 12 goals) and Bola (109 apps, 1 goal) who had a lot of potential but never really put in consistantly good performances.

Signed Dearle as first choice GK but after his shocking efforts spent the rest of the season trying to sell him. Steffenson ended as first choice and looks a solid keeper.

In defence Peacock did ok getting better as the season went on, Marshall also has potential. Osei-tutu was brought in at RB as a more attacking option, he and the LB Askew provided quite a few assists.

In midfield Todd is getting better and Robinson put in some good performances. Although the rest of central midfield looks a bit weak.

Andrews played at AML for his loan spell and did very well scoring some important goals, Ajiboye took over when he left. Quintero didn't have the same impact as last season and neither did Saraiva even if he was still the highest rated player and had his best goal return.

Up front Hambo was the top scorer but missed the last 4 months. He has signed for L1 Bolton. Diedrick-Roberts took over with a good run of form before he got injured. As a result Babos and Kirk played a few games. Youth product Kirk looks like he could be a good player.

Season            League             Position       FA cup     FA Trophy   League cup    Europe       Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016/17        Conference North        3rd       3rd Qf Rd    3rd Qf Rd       N/A          N/A          None
2017/18        Conference North        10th      3rd Qf Rd    3rd Qf Rd       N/A          N/A          None
2018/19        Conference North        10th      3rd Qf Rd    1st Rd          N/A          N/A          None
2019/20        Conference North        2nd       1st Rd       3rd Rd          N/A          N/A          Promoted
2020/21        Conference National     7th       4th Qf Rd    2nd Rd          N/A          N/A          None

Archived