dafuge's FM16 challenge

Season Review:

A better season than I was expecting, started strong, until the injuries appeared, I was lucky with the injuries considering my short squad, but I had my attacking trio out at the same time and that was the end of any hopes for a promotion fight. I still could almost got there at the end of the season but couldn't get a decent run with some last minute goals from the adversaries limiting my point intakes.

Surprised to be team with more goals scored, having the top goalscorer and player helped.

Best Player - Top Goalscorer

Team review:

I can only offer non contracts to backup players, so I was a bit afraid of not having cover for injuries during the season, but my finances are shaky as they are and I'm not paying lots of money and get the headaches of having inferior players with rotation contracts. I will lose my best assist man and second goalscorer to retirement and my best midfielder to ambition, the youth brought a substitute for my winger but the midfield will suffer for a suitable replacement.

The greatest strength was my potent attack helped by a good midfield and decent fullbacks, the greatest weakness is the center of my defence, talent wise and performance wise, my supposedly most talented central is my worst performer, very inconsistent, all the others normally would offer some decent games before crumbling down.

GK:

The transfer that was done before I took command of 18 years old Daniel Grimshaw was nice, he played all my games but was just decent, but for his age and first time playing games was not bad considering the middle of the defense. The youth intake brought one goalkeeper that I signed just to have a third goalkeeper.

FB R:

I have two starting quality right backs, I have to sometimes change them so the backup stays happy, but the starting player is Andrew CartWright, better performances, current ability and potential even if just by a half-star. The youth got me a backup only full back and central defender that covers all the positions.

FB L:

I have a starting quality player Jordan Watson with a bad ppm (Stops Play) that I can't get rid of. He has a very promising youth intake from before I took over the club, the youth played well in his limited games, will get more games next year.

CD:

Not the best group, inconsistent all season long, the worst performance wise, looking at the cons, inconsistent, doesn't like big matches. lack of pace, I'm screwed. Tom McNamee has some potential and got some good performances but also some dreadful ones. No youths of notice, just enough potential to be as good as the backups. One more season with a ticking time bomb in defense.

DLP:

Stephen Turnbull is the only playmaker I have and he is getting old. He is an icon for the club. No replacement in sight.

BBM:

Neal Hooks is the player that I use here, also getting old, hope one of the youngsters can get some games here and perform decently.

CM:

Michael Richadson is going away, current ability wise he is my best player and he feels is too good for us. I will try to adapt a youngster here, but it's going to be a loss.

AM R:

Connor Martins played some good games, also got injured for some time. He is the owner of this position, got a youngster from the intake hopefully can spell him if his injury problems continue.

AM L:

Having a club legend playing is quite something, he is retiring ate the end of the season. Robert Dale scored lot's of goals and made the most assists, a nice way to go, and got my top young intake to take his position.

DLF:

Dan Maguire, what to say, top player and goalscorer! Unfortunately wasn't enough to get us to a promotion or play-off place. Most of the support will go away next season, he is still young and loves the club, so let's hope I can get him enough support for him to try to retain the accolades and we to get a better shot at promotion. We have a previous year youth intake who has some potential, played some games when Maguire was injured but couln'd score a goal, the supporting wingers where crap at the time, only made some assists, was tutored by Dale.

Youth Intake:

Youth Intake - [2017 01] Priestly Nelson - [2017 02] Jonathan Preston

Youth Intake Review:

Two good wingers and a project for midfield. The winger went direct to the starting eleven due to injuries, not the best of performances but for 15 years old I at least got some pace on the wings until some of best players recovered from injuries. Due to Martin injury, Priestly was on the starting eleven until the end of season to get a fell for what is waiting for him next year, he got a goal an some mediocre/poor performances. He's very young so it's understandable.

Preston got an assist and some decent performance, he's got Martin in front of him, but I'll try to get him some games.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

220px-JBkpZgj2.jpeg

Salford City - Premier League - 2028/29

After narrowly surviving last season the main aim was to survive again in the Premier League. We actually surpassed all of my expectations and managed to finish in 8th place after spending almost the entire season in the top half of the table. Despite having such a good season we also managed to put together a winless streak of 11 league matches from January 6th to April 8th. I presume as at the midway point we were in 5th place teams then began to sit back against us a lot more and we really struggled. We did finish strong after switching to a 4231 formation and only losing once in out final 7 games.

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - Early exit in the FA Cup but we had a good run in the Capital One Cup reaching the final but this was right in the middle of our winless streak and we lost 1-0 to Chelsea.

Squad - I went for it last summer and spent £39.85m on new players and only sold £2.76m worth of players. Need to try and improve the fullbacks and possibly try to find a top level striker to help for next season. I bought some very good young players who hopefully have a high resale value so If offers come in I may need to replace some of my current star players.

Finances - £57.3m in the bank. Will invest in some players and hopefully some club improvements.

Key Player Profiles:

Adrian Diaz - 20 Year old wonderkid left winger. Bought for £5.75m. I have high hopes.

Yakubu Sambo - I found this kid after winning the best player award at the French Youth Invitational. Only paid £11m for him which is a steal.

Chris Murray - Started the season on fire scoring 20 in our first 20 games. Struggled in the 2nd half of the season so I may look to replace.

Next Season

Consolidate Mid Table

FA Cup Semi Finals

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17         Vanarama North              3rd               Lost playoff final  
2017/18         Vanarama North              1st               Champions
2018/19         Vanarama National           1st               Champions 
2019/20         League 2                    8th
2020/21         League 2                    8th
2021/22         League 2                    1st               Champions
2022/23         League 1                    1st               Champions
2023/24         Championship                11th
2024/25         Championship                13th
2025/26         Championship                20th              Survival on final day
2026/27         Championship                2nd               Promoted
2027/28         Premier League              15th              Survival
2028/29         Premier League              8th

rKIADK.jpg

Farnborough FC 2017/18

Second Season Review

League Table

After the league was tight all year, our local rivals Aldershot started to pull away from the pack. I'd struggled to settle on a tactical system that offered consistency but then worked out a 4-5-1 that really clicked. We then went on a 15 game unbeaten run that meant we pushed them to the wire. We had to settle for play off football.

First up we dispatched Bishops Stortford 5-2 on aggregate. Next up Canvey Island and this happens.

Delighted with this, we were again predicted to be relegated. Onto the National League!

Transfers

Our best signings were undoubtedly Luke Allen who added a bit of something extra to our midfield. A couple of mid season signings also shored us up at the back and in midfield, Stefan Galinski & Ricky Wellard

Tom Hickey was again voted our best player and again picked up Conference South Player of the Year

Mark Jones was again our top scorer and this year was top in the Golden Boot for Conference South (although two of his goals came in the playoffs)

Here's our end of season awards

Our end of season review

New contract was handed out with a few months to go, board are still happy with me. Even though we're skint! I also claimed Conference South Manager of the Year.

Next season I'll be looking to strengthen defensively again - despite having one of the best defensive records - and more lively forwards.

Career Overview

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South    7th  
2017/18   Vanarama Conference South    2nd    Promoted through playoffs!            

Come on Boro!

kTaSBVj.png

Metropolitan Police - English Premier Division - 2029/30 - Sixth

Youth Players

nil

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016/17       Met Police               England            Vanarama National League South        5th                  Playoff Final/Promotion
2017/18       Met Police               England            Vanarama National League              17th                  
2018/19       Met Police               England            Vanarama National League              1st                   Champions  
2019/20       Met Police               England            Sky Bet League 2                      21st                   Survival
2020/21       Met Police               England            Sky Bet League 2                      12th        
2021/22       Met Police               England            Sky Bet League 2                      1st                  Champions
2022/23       Met Police               England            Sky Bet League 1                      4th                  Promoted/JPT Runner Up
2023/24       Met Police               England            Sky Bet Championship                  17th 
2024/25       Met Police               England            Sky Bet Championship                  17th                  
2025/26       Met Police               England            Sky Bet Championship                  3rd                Promoted via Playoffs  
2026/27       Met Police               England            Premier Division                      16th                Survival
2027/28       Met Police               England            Premier Division                      14th                FA Cup runner up
2028/29       Met Police               England            Premier Division                      12th  
2029/30       Met Police               England            Premier Division                      6th                  Capital One Cup Runner Up         

Next Season

Do well in the Euros

Similar spot on the ladder

Facility News

New stadium was pushed back a season when they announced expansion plans to our current craphole. This was completed at the end of the season

Training facilities being upgraded once again

Major Competition Winners

English Premier League - Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham

Sky Bet Championship - Norwich, Reading, Derby

FA Cup - Man City

Capital One Cup - Man City

Champions League - Galatasaray

Euro - FCP

A League - Sydney/Adelaide

Started a new save with Stourbridge, pretty chuffed about back to back promotions, after surviving on 1 point on the final day of the season in my first season.

mxWX7uS.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17   Vanarama Conference North    19th
2017/18   Vanarama Conference North    5th     Promoted through play-offs
2018/19   Vanarama National League      1st

FMKING_zpsjntgmtfc.png

SEASON 2030-31 Barclays Premier League

League

Won our second league title! Manchester City stayed with us up until xmas but after playing them twice in the space of 7 days and beating them we didn't look back picking up the league title in eary april with over 5 games left.

FIXTURES 1 |FIXTURES 2 | LEAGUE TABLE | MANAGER OF THE YEAR | LEAGUES TOP GOALSCORER | FOOTBALLER OF THE YEAR

Cups

Played all youth in both cups due to wanting to push for the Champions League this season and it did not do us any good! Losing to Championship Burnley in the Fourth round of FA Cup and losing on pens to West Ham in the 3rd round of the League Cup

CUP FIXTURES

Europe

Had an amazing Champions League campaign this season after being drawn in a group with Juventus, Sporting and Anderlect we finished on top if the group only losing away at Juventus. In the second round we played Dinamo Zagreb who we defeated 2-1 both home and away. Next up came Barcelona in the 1/4 final playing at home first we managed to turn around from being 1-0 2 late goals gave us the win. At the Camp Nou we managed a 2-2 draw which saw us through to the semis. Last seasons winners Ac Milan were the only thing between us and the final getting off to a fantastic start in the home leg we managed to go on and beat them 3-0 and with them pushing in the away leg we managed to counter twice late on and win the game 2-1. Onto the Final where we met Real Madrid we dominated the game but found ourselves 1-0 conceding from a defensive mistake late on in the first half it would stay 1-0 right up until the dying moments when after throwing the kitchen sink at them we managed a scrappy equalizer which was budled in from a set piece! Onto extra time not one highlight after that frantic finish and the game would be decided by penalty's. After scoring our first two we then went on to miss our next 2 at 3-2 down it seemed like the dream was over remarkably they didnt score again and we turned it around to become the Champions of Europe!

Champions League Fixtures | Champions League Group | Final | Champions of Europe

Squad and Club Info

Squad |Home Screen | Transfers |Season Review| Best 11|Top Goalscorer | Fans Player

Season Division Pos FA Cup League Cup Other Comps European Comps Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17 Vanarama National South 4th 3rd Qual Rd N/A FAT 3rd Qual Rd N/A Lost in playoff final
2017/18 Vanarama National South 1st 3rd Qual Rd N/A FAT 3rd Qual Rd N/A Champions, Manager of the year
2018/19 Vanarama National 1st 4th Qual Rd N/A FAT Winners N/A Champions, FA Trophy Winners, Manager of the year
2019/20 SkyBet League 2 1st 2nd Rd 1st Rd JPT Sth 1/4 Final N/A Champions, Manager of the year
2020/21 SkyBet League 1 2nd 1st Rd 1st Rd JPT 2nd Rd N/A Runners up, Manager of the year
2021/22 SkyBet Championship 10th 3rd Rd 2nd Rd N/A N/A
2022/23 SkyBet Championship 1st 4th Rd 1st Rd N/A N/A Champions, Manager of the year
2023/24 Barclays Premier League 15th 3rd Rd 4th Rd N/A N/A
2024/25 Barclays Premier League 13th 4th Rd 3rd Rd N/A N/A
2025/26 Barclays Premier League 6th Semi Final 4th Rd N/A N/A Qualified for Europa League
2026/27 Barclays Premier League 3rd 5th Rd 3rd Rd N/A Europa League 1/4 Finals Qualified for Champions League
2027/28 Barclays Premier League 1st 4th Rd 1/4 Final N/A CL Group stages/EL 1st KO Champions, Manager of the year
2028/29 Barclays Premier League 2nd 3rd Rd 1/4 Final N/A CL 1/4 Final Runners Up in the league
2029/30 Barclays Premier League 1st 4th Rd 3rd Rd N/A CL winners Champions, CL Winners. Manager of the year
CHALLENGE COMPLETED

Started the season slowly but picked up so that by Nov the team were around the playoffs. A run of just 6 points in 11 games in dec and jan sent the team down the league. Inconsistant form for the rest of the season resulted in a midtable finish.

There was no cup joy due to some very hard draws. In the league cup the team lost at home 0-2 after ET to Cardiff who won the championship playoffs. Lost in the JPT at home 0-3 to Ipswich who won the L1 playoffs. In the FA Cup the team faced Rotherham who won L1. Playing away the team came from 1-3 down to draw 3-3 but lost the replay 1-5 at home.

The finances only kept in the black due to the solidarity payment in may.

The board built 500 seats at the start of the season and announced plans to convert terracing to 1500 seats in may.

The squad is still much the same as in the conference and even the conference north. Let youth product Chenery go and was surprised he had played 80 games for me.

Managed to get in a better keeper in Pym. Signed a few europeans but they didn't quite pay off, i hope Piroli can grow into a good player. Pezzi appears to have a dirtiness rating of 20.

Defence and central midfield are still a little weak. Saraiva is still putting in good efforts in spite of my coaches saying i should get rid of him.

The wingers were a real plus point with Salt especially really stepping up.

I get my chairman to make offers for players most of which i turn down and often are players i would not consider.

He found the strikers Magill who is already at his potential and Johnstone who i hope can develop.

Season            League             Position       FA cup     FA Trophy/ JPT   League cup    Europe       Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016/17        Conference North        3rd       3rd Qf Rd    3rd Qf Rd       N/A          N/A          None
2017/18        Conference North        10th      3rd Qf Rd    3rd Qf Rd       N/A          N/A          None
2018/19        Conference North        10th      3rd Qf Rd    1st Rd          N/A          N/A          None
2019/20        Conference North        2nd       1st Rd       3rd Rd          N/A          N/A          Promoted
2020/21        Conference National     7th       4th Qf Rd    2nd Rd          N/A          N/A          None
2021/22        Conference National     4th       1st Rd       1st Rd          N/A          N/A          Promoted
2022/23        League2                 12th      1st Rd       1st Rd          1st Rd       N/A          None

Thanks guys think this for me has been the best version of the game since FM12 im really enjoying it! Just starting a Parma save tonight on the Big euro challenge hopefully its as good as my Kingstonian save otherwise i think i will be continuing and trying to top the hall of fame!

220px-JBkpZgj2.jpeg

Salford City - Premier League - 2029/30

After an 8th place finish I was hoping that we could consolidate and aim for a mid-table position or sneak into the top half again. We had a bit of a strange season as we picked up points but we didnt play well and we really struggled scoring goals. I tried different tactics looking to get the best out of my strikers but it didnt work as they all struggled to find the net. In the end we ran out of steam and fell away from the european places as we lost our final 4 matches. We may have finished 1 place lower in 9th but we managed to pick up 2 extra points so overall I see it as moving forward still.

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - No cup runs this season. Early exits in both.

Squad - Spent £31m this summer with £9.5m on a new striker who flopped massively. Only 6 goals in 33 games. Made some decent signings elsewhere but still need to add a little more quality.

Finances - £68m in the bank. Not bad considering transfer expenditure, stadium expansion and training upgrades.

Key Player Profiles:

Adrian Diaz - The wonderkid produced a lot more this season. Top scored with 14 and also 7 assists. Star man.

Luca Marchesini - Opposite winger to Diaz. Bit of interest from Arsenal so may struggle to keep him.

William Mendu - Quality young central midfielder. Look forward to plenty more next season.

Next Season

Push for Europe

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17         Vanarama North              3rd               Lost playoff final  
2017/18         Vanarama North              1st               Champions
2018/19         Vanarama National           1st               Champions 
2019/20         League 2                    8th
2020/21         League 2                    8th
2021/22         League 2                    1st               Champions
2022/23         League 1                    1st               Champions
2023/24         Championship                11th
2024/25         Championship                13th
2025/26         Championship                20th              Survival on final day
2026/27         Championship                2nd               Promoted
2027/28         Premier League              15th              Survival
2028/29         Premier League              8th
2029/30         Premier League              9th

Marine_F.C.logo.png

2019/2020 - End of Season Review - Vanarama National Conference

First season as a professional club! We were favorites for relegation and we started as such, with a 1-6-6 record. The trend continued throughout the season and we drew a LOT of games. The most common results were a 0-1 loss and 0-0 draw. We were okay defensively (except when defending crosses/corners) particularly after switching to a possession based tactic. Right now there's a lot of aimless and useless possession but that is something which I hope can improve in the coming seasons. A decent run towards the end of the season with 3 wins in 4 saw us relatively clear of relegation in terms of points. Aim for next season is to score more goals whilst maintaining the defensive record.

Competitions Overview - 3rd round in the FA Cup!!! Drawn away to Spurs and although we were smashed 7-0, it generated a lot of money for the club.

Transfers

Finances - Going in the positive again, the FA Cup match surely helped.

Key Players

Liam Wakefield - Highest avg rating and a brilliant defender

Gareth Hammett - Captain and top scorer. Hopefully keeps improving

Marcus Maddison - Attribute wise probably the best player in the squad, did not play as well as I expected though.

Josh Lloyd - Second top scorer. Assman thinks he can be better than Hammett, remains to be seen

Paulinho - Took a while to settle in but very good afterward

Lee Cox - Fantastic CDM, although he is very very slow. Might sell him on next season, there were a couple of teams interested

Youth Players

NA. All regens that came through were 0.5* gold and 1.5* black star. :(

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season     | League             | Position   | Cup Performance    | Achievements    |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2016/17    | Vanarama North     | 4th        | Awful              | Promotion!      |
| 2017/18    | Vanarama National  | 20th       | Awful              | Survival!       |          
| 2018/19    | Vanarama National  | 5th        | Awful              | Promotion!      |  
| 2019/20    | League 2		  | 20th       | FA Cup 3rd rnd!    | Survival!       |

Skelmersdale – National League 2018/19 – Season 3

So after claiming our standard second season promotion through the playoffs the hope was I would continue my tradition of also going straight up to the Football League.

The boards expectations were to do my best to avoid relegation, with the bookies giving us no chance, predicting we'd finish 23rd with us and Braintree given no chance.

Reputation - We reach the first star of reputation, but are still classed as Local and are suprisingly better rated than Margate.

Transfers - Looks busy, but 14 of those transfers were loans (For some reason the VNL is the only leaguet that doesn't have any loan restrictions?) another 7 arrived on Non-Contract Terms (or frees as we still weren't paying bonuses), leaving just the 7 Part-Time Contracts that actualy cost me anything and one of those was Wilson who returned a week after leaving when no one else wanted him.

Saleswise I let several squad players who were actually being paid go to reduce our wage budget, and then in January terminated the contracts of some N\C players once the board starting paying bonuses again (whilst N/C players don't get paid unless they are part of your match squad the board still counts a portion of their bonuses within your wage budget).

FA Cup - After a money spinning run last season I was hoping for more of the same to try and get us out of debt, however things nearly went horribly wrong in the Qualifying Round as we found ourselves 3-0 down to non-league St. Neots at half-time, thankfully Metz came off the bench to score a second half hat-trick to save our blushes, and followed up with another hat-trick in the Replay as we won that comfortably.

In the First Round we faced a trip to Bristol Rovers who were riding high in League 2, and despite being battered we held out and grabbed a 2-0 win thanks to goals from both my wingers who took advantage of some defensive mistakes from Bristol, though there was some bad news as Midfielder Dobie Sprained his ankle in injury and would miss the next two months.

In the Second Round we entertained League 1 Sheff Utd, and the match followed the same pattern as the last round we were battered but my defensive held strong and scored the winner midway through the second half with our only shot on target after some good work by Metz, though we nearly blew it later giving away a stupid penalty but my Keeper who was carrying a knock flung himself to his right to save the penalty and book our place in the Third Round where we drew a Birmingham side who were rock bottom of the Championship, so much for a money spinning tie :(

The Third Round tie against Birmingham got off to a horrible start as they scored from their first attack and with the match being played in awful conditions neither of us really got going with our equaliser being a fluke own goal as their defender Brown switched off at a corner and the ball hit him and rolled into the goal, setting up a replay in Birmingham.

In the Replay I went a bit more attacking switching from 4-1-4-1 to 4-4-1-1 to try and get at them a bit more but we were hopelessly outclassed (though to be expected considering their worst player is paid more than my entire team) as our poor finishing let us down though in the end Birmingham needed a late goal to finally sink us. On the plus side the two games did earn us ~£125K which put a dent in the debt but the money from a Premier League tie (or even a TV game) would have been nice, though if we did beat Birmingham we would have got League 1 Peterborough which might have been a winnable game, however our defeat to Birmingham wasn't that bad considering they then went on to knock Man Utd out.

Whilst Right Winger Mooney set a new FA Cup record of five assists.

FA Trophy - We didn't get off to a good start here either, having to come back from 2-0down to Kidderminster in the First Round to claim a 2-2 draw, though for some stupid reason we were made to play extra-time and then instead of the game going to pens it went to a replay (apparently we are susposed to be able to choose whether to play extra-time or not but I never got the option). In the Replay we turned up and grabbed two first half goals that were enough to put us through. In the Second Round despite some woeful finishing we managed to just about beat Gateshead 1-0. In the Third Round we faced Cheltenham and would have to endure another replay after we gave away a stupid penalty, finally winning the tie thanks to a Metz goal in extra-time. In the Fourth Round we drew again this time to Grimsby (after having to play extra-time yet again) before a goal from my new Italian Striker De Girolamo booked our place in the Semi-Final.

In The Semi-Final we faced VNN side FC United who'd beaten us in our four previous matches, though of course with this being a two legged tie we actually turned up in the First Leg and claimed a solid 4-2 win thanks to two goals from fit again Midfielder Luke Dobie as we proved to be deadly in front of goal scoring three goals from our first three shots (though one was a pen and another was an own goal), though conceeding two soft goals meant we weren't through yet. In the Second Leg we extended our lead with another Dobie penalty but were nearly punished by our woeful finishing as we conceeded just before half-time and then again in injury time as FC Utd nearly took us to extra-time but we held on to book our first appearance at Wembley, though rather embrassingly only 20 fans could be bothered making the hours journey down the M6 to watch us book our place in the final :(

In the Final we'd face an Ebbsfleet side who we'd lost and drawn to in the League, and to make matters worse someone decided it would be fun to play the match on an International weekend so Midfielder Wilson was off in Botswana whilst another player had been called upto the Welsh U21 side.

However that didn't matter as we put in our best performance of the season as we blew Ebbsfleet away, as Italian Striker Diego De Girolamo scored his first hat-trick for the club. He opened the scoring after getting on the end of a cross from Left Winger Adekunle, though some poor defending gifted Ebbsfleet a soft equaliser De Girolamo scored his second thanks to a fair bit of luck, Right Winger Mooney whipped a cross in from the right which caused mayhem in the defence and De Girolamo stood in an offside position reacted first to slot home the ball, however with the goal not being ruled out I noticed on a replay that the ball had hit the Ebbsfleet Defender not my Left Winger so De Girolamo was onside and the goal stood. We then killed the game off in the last 10 minutes with Ebbsfleet forced to attack we hit them on the Counter with sub Left Winger Hussey first floating a cross onto the unmarked Mooneys head and minutes later whipped in a low cross for De Girolamo to complete his hat-trick after losing his marker and secured our first piece of sliverware, and with nearly 20,000 people turning up to Wembley (I'm guessing not to watch us) we made ~£120K from the match.

[video=youtube_share;lKZifi1F_wc]

National League - Not exactly sure how we managed to finish in the Playoff positions, we started the season off keeping my 4-4-1-1 formation from the end of last season winning our first two games, but lost the next two and were then unbeaten in the next six drawing three and winning three, before being beaten by Ebbsfleet and then we got thrashed 7-3 by a woeful Kidderminster side (who been previously thrashed 8-0 by Barrow, and if you'd taken out those seven goals we'd have had the best defence in the league :() in a match where every shot for each side just flew into the back of the net, we at least responded by being unbeaten in our next three games, but then only won one of our next 11 games losing seven of them we slipped down the table as we just couldn't score.

However in the New Year thinks turned around a combination of my November signings settling in and getting match fit and a change of formation as I switched over to a Structured Counter-Attacking 4-1-4-1 formation, which played to our strengths - we defended in numbers and tried to fit teams on the counter with the pace of my Striker and Wingers in the hopes of snatching a goal, but kept enough mean behind the ball so we didn't get hit on the counter and hoped we could snatch a goal or at least draw the match.

And that seemed to work as we failed to lose a single one of our 20 league games in 2019 winning 14 of them keeping 11 clean sheets in the process and we only failed to score twice as we slowly climbed back up the table.

With seven games left we were in sight of the playoffs only two points behind Barrow (4th) and Torquay (5th) and with 1-0 wins over Woking and Eastleigh we took Barrows playoff spot, though draws to Morecambe and Braintree saw us conceed that spot to Ebbsfleet on goals scored.

Next up was a must win game against a Barrow side who'd fallen out of form at the worst time and a win here would end their playoff hopes, and thankfully we claimed the victory thanks to a double from an in-form De Girolamo and to make things better Ebbsfleet lost to Stockport, meaning we two games left we had reclaimed the last playoff spot and had a three point cushion over Ebbsfleet.

In the second to last game we made the long trip down to Dover and in a poor game we claimed the points thanks to Left Winger Hussey's first goal for the club, however Ebbsfleet also won, but in a shock result Torquay had lost to Grimsby sees us move above them bringing two playoff spots into the fight, with the other two already being claimed.

In the last game we entertained Northampton who'd dominated the league and had thankfully secured the title and promotion in the last game so they had nothing left to play for, and we took advantage of this putting in a good performance with De Girolamo grabbing another double to secure the points and a playoff position, though it didn't matter in the end as Ebbsfleet lost to Barrow meaning our playoff spot was secure no matter our result.

In the Playoffs we drew Exeter who'd beaten us in both previous matches and were the last side to beat us in the league back on boxing day and had beaten us back in August in my 100th game.

With the First Leg at home we dominated the game but were let down by some poor finishing and had to hope the one goal from De Girolamo would be enough.

In the Second Leg Exeter self destructed as both our defences fell to pieces we gifted them two easy goals whilst they went one better and gave us two pens and we then finished them off late in the second half hitting them on the Counter after Exeter lost the ball from a corner Left Winger Adekunle ran with the ball down half the right side of the pitch and with just the one Exeter defender back against him and De Girolamo he had to make a choice of whether to attack the ball or follow the runner and when we chose to close the ball down Adekunle thread the ball to a now unmarked De Girolamo who had all the time to pick his corner of the net and claim another hat-tick and book our place in the Playoff Final.

Facing us in the final were Torquay who had come from behind to beat Cheltenham 6-2 in the second leg, which was harsh on Cheltenham as they had run Northampton close for the title all season and wouldn't be reclaiming their football league status, though I much preferred to face Torquay as we'd beaten 3-0 in both the league games but hadn't beaten Cheltenham.

The Playoff Final itself was a poor game as we both cancelled each other out and promotion would be settled by a penalty shootout (its good enough to determine who gets promoted to the Football League but not suitable for the FA Trophy ) which we won after scoring all five of our pens my Keeper was the hero as he saved Torquays forth to book our place in the Football League.

To make matters sweeter the final was our second trip to Wembley with nearly 40,000 (Torquay) fans turning up we got almost £350K gate receipts from the match to actually take us out of the red.

Stat Pack - Most of our matches ended either 1-0 or 1-1 which might explain our lack of fans, the other thing was a worrying lack of fight if we scored first we'd overwhelmingly win the match however if we conceeded we'd be lucky to get a draw.

Squad, Overview, Review and Awards

In Goal Dean Lyness was pretty much ever present and had an excellent season keeping 22 clean sheets in the league and claiming an impressive five man of the match awards.

At Right Back Joshua Clackstone had a good season, with cover being supplied by Walsall Loanee Robbie Lees, on the Left Ben O'Hanlon was the best option I had, with cover provided by another loanee Josh Hope from Man City.

At Centre-Back Jeff Henderson was again the rock at the back with his partner Charlie Oliver also in form, cover was provided by Welshman Ryan Harrington (Everton) who is highly rated and is slowly being retrained into a Centre-Back.

In the Defensive Midfielder position was highly rated Spanaird Sergio Molina who arrived from Real Madrid via Stoke and had a good season doing the thankless job of protecting the back four, providing cover was Clovis Kamdjo who's contract had actually expired last season but for some reason his move to Hyde was delayed a year forcing me to continue paying him when the money would have been better spent elsewhere.

In the Centre of Midfield was Botswanian Brandon Wilson who left the club and then resigned a week later when he got no better options, and again had a solid season, partnering him was Portuguese Box-to-Box Midfielder Paulinho who'd been released by Liverpool and is highly rated by my staff with them reckoning he has a Premier League Potential, so I'm hoping he'll either last me till we reach the Prem or will be sold for a tidy sum in the future, and he had an excellent season running the midfield though some more goals and assists would be nice, but he'd be the person releasing the assister. Providing cover was Luke Dobie who despite not really being good enough stepped up when needed and was even named fans player of the year, though I have the tough decision to make regarding whether I keep him on or not next season, the other option I had was Isaiah Osbourne who was signed to replace the leaving Wilson but with Wilson coming back struggled to get into the squad and was mainly used as a sub. The other player I had was Adam Porritt who started the season in the Attacking Midfield role did ok but with that formation not really working he found himself out of the team.

On the Right Winger was a couple of promising new signings the best was Kelsey Mooney (Aston Villa) who had an excellent season causing mayhem on the right with his 15 assists being a new club record, providing cover was Martin Edwards (Liverpool) who did well when called up and is a better all-round player he just lacks the killer pace of Mooney, I also had Andy Devine on loan from Villa who is highly rated and I might try and get back next season.

On the Left Winger were more new signings with Jordan Adekunle claiming the position though he only gets it due to his impressive speed, he if comes up against sides that give him the space to use his speed he is deadly however he is useless against sides that don't give him the space, and is likely to be replaced by Chris Hussey who was initially brought in as a left back but was a better Winger, the other option I have is Cypriot Anthony Georgiou (Spurs via Ebbsfleet and Doncaster) who has potential but I wasn't really able to give him a chance and is now unhappy after demanding first team football after the final game of the season.

I also had an interesting loanee from Middlesbrough Craig Christensen who was pretty much brought in because he can play in nearly any position, didn't think players could be generated with that many positions any longer?

Upfront we had a mixed time Khius Metz started the season upfront in the Advanced Forward role as again his pure pace seems to get him more scoring chances than the other strikers I had, though he was even more limited and would either score or be woeful in front of goal, though attempts to replace him proved more difficult than I expected - I loaned in four Strikers all of which proved to be woeful Cameron Peters was highly rated and despite seemingly having excellent attributes for this level was utterly awful, thankfully I finally found a Striker in January (annoyingly the board cancelled my first attempt to sign him and only let him sign after the Birmingham defeat brought in some money) English born Italian Diego De Girolamo arrived after being released by Sheff Utd (which is hopefully their mistake as my staff reckon he has a Prem Potential) and after a bit of a slow start as he regained match fitness he hit form in the run in and with a change of roles to a Deep Lying Forward soon started banging in the goals and was my equal top scorer with Metz despite playing half as many matches and will hopefully keep it up next season.

Best XI - Midfield and Attack is a bit messed up due to the better players arriving in the second half of the season, with Osbourne's sub apperances for some reason being worth more than Paulinhos better starts, with Metz seemingly preferred to De Girolamo purely on appearances.

I'd show the Overall XI but for some reason the screen isn't actually working?

Academy - Just the one player of note Liverpool born Ghanaian Winger Godfred Amoah, who's actually increased half a star in potential since signing up.

Average Attendance - still at the bottom of the league but a slight improvement to 15% based on normal season league games only, cup and player games increase it to 18% or by ~100 people.

Salary - Gaining promotion was fairly impressive considering we are spending pretty much the least in the league, bar Margate who only had five contracted players the rest were loans or N\C players, not sure why they didn't seem to be in debt, though as they also came up through the players and had a lower reputation than us they just might not have been able to attract the players, so they did well to actually nearly stay up.

Finances - Money look at all that money :) The £500K we earned this month in gate receipts and prize money was more than we earned all of last season. Though the money didn't last long I got them to pump most of it into improving the Youth Facilites after they refused to improve the actual Training Facilities and they then took out a loan to improve our ground, but delayed meeting the league requirements, thankfully it looks like the stadium requirements throughout the football league are the same, which our stadium should be able to reach after one or two more expansions which should mean we don't go bankrupt expanding our ground over the next few seasons.

We also turned Professional and gained the ability to scout the rest of the British Isles, which should allow us to attract some better players.

Manager Profile - I gain a couple of extra points in the Mental Attributes, whilst my Coaching Attributes increase by 2 or 3 in each area, slightly worrying that my coaching area is attacking when we struggle to score :) Also rather wierdly the board made me ask for a new contract in April where they locked the min to £150 but then shortly after taking the screenshot offered me another new contract, with at leas the new one allowing me to knock my wage back down to £55 p/w. And at the end of the season with money in the bank they have finally let me start a coaching course. I also collected my second Manager of the Year award.

Plans for Next Season

The main goal is to stay in the Football League, hopefully we'll earn a bit of money so I can start improving our facilities and youth setup.

Playerswise we might need a wholesale rebuilding of the squad, hopefully we can attract and afford the players we need, with the priority being my Defence and Keeper as they are the same players I used in the VNN, a couple of wingers and some more cover up front and in midfield would be nice aswell.

We also get to make our debuts in both the Paint Trophy and League Cup hopefully we'll get some fans turning up to those games.

State of The World

Premier League - Man City reclaim the title with 94 points 14 clear of second placed Spurs, with Chelsea and Arsenal making up the top four, Utd can only finish fifth with Everton and Palace grabbing the Europa League places ahead of Liverpool. Swansea, West Brom and West Brom all go down, meaning all three promoted sides stayed up, whilst Bournemouth survive by one point again.

Manager wise West Ham go through three managers losing Paco Jemez to the England job (!?!?) at the start of the season, they then fire former Milan Manager Mihajiovic in Jan and fire Monk when relegated. Newcastle finally fire McClaren replacing him with Rio Ferdinand, leaving just Chelsea and Spurs with no manager changes so far.

Whilst Arsenal replace Blanc with Jardim (Monaco) and Utd replace Ancelotti with Lopetegul (Porto via Barcelona), with Bournemouth appointing former FM/CM Wonderkid Diego as manager.

Interestingly Hart (£12m), Smalling and Fellani have all ended up at Newcastle, Stones (£14m) is at Spurs and Wilshere joined Watford for £1.4m they also have Vardy and Austin though neither have played well.

In the Championship Leicester, Sunderland and Aston Villa all get promoted, with Birmingham, Portsmouth and Gillingham going down.

In League 2 Bolton continue to fall finishing rock bottom with 11 points and just the one win (they could have waited till next season to implode as they would have take one of the two spots) I'm guessing they are in financial trouble however they haven't gone into Admin so far but this season fielded a team of youth players, and are going to be in more trouble soon as they have scrapped their youth team and sold their facilities so they may not even get any new youth players to repopulate their team.

FA Cup - Man City claim the Double with an extra-time victory over Derby.

League Cup - Arsenal beat Stoke in Extra-Time also.

Champions League - Man Utd lose to Bayern in the Final, though the game seemed determined to have a German side in the Final - Bayern beat Dortmund in the Semi-Final whilst they both played the other German sides Schalke and Leverkusen in the Quarter Final, with Utd beating City, with Arsenal failing to make it out of the group stages.

Europa League - Spurs beat Sevilla to continue the English domination and sees them become the first team to win it twice in game.

France - Paris make it seven in a row (four in game) though only by one point, the Cup is won by Bordeaux over Nantes, with Paris beating Nice in the League Cup.

Germany - Another shock as Leverkusen this time beat Bayern to the title and claim an unlikely double winning the cup over Wolfsburg, with Hertha, Gladbach and Karlsruhe all going down

Italy - Juventus reclaim the title, with Napoli struggling to 6th behind Sassuolo

Holland - Another shock as Heerenveen claim the title for the first time, with holders Twente finishing 10th and Heerenveen complete the double winning the cup over Groningen.

Scotland - Celtic continue to dominate finishing 20 points clear of second placed Rangers. Rangers won the Cup but lost the League Cup to Hamilton.

Spain - Barcelona finally take the title from Real with 97 pts to Reals 94, but Madrid beat Barcelona in the Cup Final.

Leaderboard points (FM Mode) (My Steam Username is same as here if anyone wants to add me)

(points / position)

Single Game: 510,420 (107,662)

Single Season: 483,959 (98,434)

Single Season in England: 483,959 (51,171)

Single Season National League: 483,959 (1,520)

Single Season National North: 17,771 (804)

Career Overview

[TABLE=class: cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_ cms_table_ cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_ cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_ cms_table_MsoTableLi cms_table_cms_table_ghtShading cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_m, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC, align: center]Season[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC, align: center]League[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC, align: center]Position[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC, align: center]Achievements (Domestic)[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC, align: center]Achievements

(Europe)[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC, align: center]Leaderboard Points

(Season / Game)

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC, align: center]Euro C/E

(Place)

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC, align: center]Average Attendance

(League)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]16/17[/TD]

[TD]National North[/TD]

[TD]16th[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]8,690 / 8,690[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]320 (10%)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]17/18[/TD]

[TD]National North[/TD]

[TD]3rd[/TD]

[TD]Promoted - Playoff Winners[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]17,771 / 26,461[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]350 (11%)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]18/19[/TD]

[TD]National League[/TD]

[TD]4th[/TD]

[TD]Promoted - Playoffs. FA Trophy Winners[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]483,959 / 510,420 [/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]460 (15%)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Well done on promotion michaeltmurrayuk. Girolamo looks good and i'm sure some of the other players like Paulinho will be able to do a job in L2.

I don't think you will make money with those attendances, the costs in L2 rocket and the JPT and league cups get terrible crowds. The ground improvements to meet L2 standards are costing me, about 400K in just 2 seasons to build 1500 seats and then 2200 standing. St Neots is losing money with an average attendance this season of 1500 and a wage budget of 16.5K p/w which is the lowest in the division.

220px-JBkpZgj2.jpeg

Salford City - Vanarama National League North - 2017/18 - 1st

Season Review

A very good season overall, finished in first place after leading for most of the season, meaning we're promoted to the Vanarama National League.

We also managed to get through to the 3rd Round of the FA Cup where we drew Man Utd away. We lost 7-0 but the finances before and after show that it was very worthwhile.

League Table

Past Positions

Finances - Ended up in a very healthy state thanks to the FA Cup run. The board invested quite a bit of the money too, we're having a terrace conversion because we were promoted and also the board are improving the youth and training facilities for the second time this season.

FA Cup - As already discussed, knocked out in the 3rd Round thanks to a 7-0 loss to Man Utd.

FA Trophy - Not really concerned by this after our FA Cup run, knocked out in the 3rd qualifying round.

Squad - I had a decent squad this season. Some stand-out players:

Tom Cahill - 29 goals in 31(2) games in the league, he turned out to be a beast and was the leagues top scorer. Hopefully he can do the same next season.

Oliver Rathbone - An outstanding player that's too good for this level. He doesn't want to sign a new contract though so will most likely leave when his contract expires.

Luke Giverin - 16 assists and 3 goals in 34 games in the league made him the leagues top assister.

Transfers - More frees in, still not spent a penny despite having a decent transfer budget available. Wigan stole one of my youths that came through.

Career Overview

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 1000]

[TR]

[TD]Season[/TD]

[TD]Team[/TD]

[TD]Country[/TD]

[TD]League[/TD]

[TD]Position[/TD]

[TD]European[/TD]

[TD]FA Cup[/TD]

[TD]League Cup[/TD]

[TD]FA Trophy[/TD]

[TD]Achievements[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2016/17[/TD]

[TD]Salford City[/TD]

[TD]England[/TD]

[TD]Vanarama National League North[/TD]

[TD]8th[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]3rd Qual Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2017/18[/TD]

[TD]Salford City[/TD]

[TD]England[/TD]

[TD]Vanarama National League North[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]3rd Qual Round[/TD]

[TD]Promotion[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Next Season

Start to create a team that has the ability to get out of the divisions

Survival

Hampton and Richmond - Vanarama National - Season 2021/22

League table - awful, we started the season pretty well and were 6th at the end of August, then 10 games without a win saw us fall away before the team just kinda gave up, our problem was giving away goals, no one let in more then us.

FA Cup - made it to the first round where we were humbled on TV.

FA Trophy - no idea how, but we managed a good run to the final where, as was the story of our season, we just didn't turn up.

Squad - I hate them all!

Transfers - some **** in and some **** out.

Finances - looking pretty good for a change

Key Players

Peter Kioso - only defender worth a mention this season.

Jack Joyce - on loan striker got 20 goals.

Tendai Matinyadze - a decent return in his first season.

Faiq Bolkiah - another good season from the right winger.

Nigel Hassell - now club captain - chipped in with goals and assists.

Career Overview

Season              League                                         Position       Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17             Vanarama National League South                 10th           
2017/18             Vanarama National League South                 19th
2018/19             Vanarama National League South                 10th
2019/20             Vanarama National League South                 1st             Promotion
2020/21             Vanarama National League                       16th
2021/22             Vanarama National League                       23rd            Relegation

Next Season

See if I get offered a new deal, if not then who knows?

Cambridge City 2016-2017

Cambridgecityfc.png

We survived a season!

League Table

Well, not by a great deal, only securing safety in the 41st game of the season, but we'll take it.

Season Summary

Finished 16th, 6 points clear. Pretty much equally bad on offense and defense. Bad showing in the cups as well, losing to something called Goole in our first FA Cup game and losing at Worcester in the FA Trophy.

Season Awards

MR Alex Serrano was pretty clearly our player of the year, scoring 10 goals along with 9 assists. Dan Darbyshire was our leading goal scorer with 13 goals but unfortunately he missed 3 months with a torn hamstring.

We used a 4-1-4-1 most of the season most of the season but ended with 2 wins using a 4-4-2 that I think we'll lean on next season as it seems to take better advantage of our strong pair of wingers. Most of my starters are returning next season, which should be okay as they were quite young. We will need to find a second striker to pair with Darbyshire and possibly a better goalkeeper. Zeus de la Paz has a great name and looks pretty good but he needs to play much better for us.

Not a bad youth intake, I think MC Steve Cole is going to make an impact for us next season.

Doing okay financially considering our lack of cup success. -16,600 in the hole after a cash infusion. We're also moving back to our newly expanded stadium this upcoming season so that might help a little.

Season    League          Position      FA Cup     FA Trophy  Leading Scorer          Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    Vanarama North    16th       2nd Qual   3rd Qual      Dan Darbyshire - 13

Season Review:

Had a inconsistent start to the season, this season team meeting to get morale up only resulted in draws not wins like last year, my best player left last season to because a free agent forever, my second best scorer and assist man got old very fast became ineffectual due to a ppm, the talented youngster I had was inconsistent.

Then came the changes, the old player lost the ppm and was back to being helpful, one of the youngsters with the most potential lost it (never seen anything like that), and played a not so gifted player but he stabilized the midfield and got support upfront.

When you have the leagues top goalscorer in reasonable support and supply good things happen, waterlogged pitches postponed games against opponents near the bottom, making games against top sides back to back hard on getting good form, but them what was bad turned good, 4 home games in a row against bottom teams, some with lots of injuries others lacking form or morale, and I pounced, all the meeting, praise, warn I could do I did, and the team scrapped three 1-0 wins and lost one 1-3, but the morale was high for the first time, and then the youth intake, when I only got one excellent player.

I stopped playing, read stuff, asked for help in the forum, and them I put him in, he is my mini-Ronaldo. Being dangerous on the left side losing his marker with ease to get into goalscoring opportunities which he normally converts.

He was inconsistent being only 15 years old, but when he wasn't on, the other players or Lady Luck was, a soft penalty gives me a victory against a playoff rival, his manager raged in the press conference, last minute goal agains the team that in two seasons always injuries my top goalscorer, so we have an history of press conference war of words, this time with nothing to lose I dropped everything with the reporter who had a field week with the back and forth, I must have struck a nerve and he went very offensive against my counter tactic, I missed opportunity after opportunity while he only mustered five shots all game, on the last play of the game they don't mark my bbm who appears alone to score the winning goal.

The other managed raged in the press conference but then appeared a message saying that I took one over him in the mind games, never had that before, must investigate.

Last season with the best attack, player and goalscorer, I missed the playoffs with some stupid draws on the end of the season, this time second best attack and top goalscorer and assist man I got in.

Semi-final was against a team I won at home and lost away, first leg away 1-0 loss, second leg home 2-0 victory but my best player in the season, my right winger, most assists in the league, second best goalscorer was injured.

Luckily was a minor injury but still he would not recover fully in time and injections where not a option, fitness test and 30 minutes, I left him out. With only 5 subs I couldn't risk an early injury getting a player who was an injury risk.

The team I was playing I also split games, but this time losing at home and winning away, playing on a neutral field I felt confident, of course I started losing but was able to draw for extra-time. When everyone was waiting for the penalties my bbm got a free run and scored, he doesn't score a lot but normally scores important ones.

After some pressure we where up!!! I'm royally screwed next season, but hopefully I get a new top 5 season.

Dan Maguire was again the league top goalscorer.

Top Goalscorer

Team review:

The team got a big boost with the youth intake, a 5 start CA and PA player that helped me get over the hump.

GK:

Daniel Grimshaw was nice, played all my games again with the stats as last year. The center of the defense is not good. His backup left and a new youth intake goalkeeper signed just to have a third goalkeeper.

FB R:

I have two starting quality right backs, I have to sometimes change them so the backup stays happy, but the starting player is Andrew CartWright, better performances, current ability and potential even if just by a half-star.

FB L:

I have a starting quality player Jordan Watson with a bad ppm (Stops Play) that I can't get rid of. The youth intake from before I took over the club did not play well on his chances and played mostly in the U21.

CD:

Not the best group, inconsistent all season long, the worst performance wise, looking at the cons, inconsistent, doesn't like big matches. lack of pace, I'm screwed. Tom McNamee has some potential and got some good performances but also some dreadful ones. No youths of notice, just enough potential to be as good as the backups. One more season with a ticking time bomb in defense. Copy and paste from last season, this year McNamee was injured with a broken ankle and the defense seemed a bit improved, but still I would normally take a goal a game.

DLP:

Stephen Turnbull is the only playmaker I have and he is getting old. He is an icon for the club. No replacement in sight. Same from last year.

BBM:

Neal Hooks is the player that I use here, also getting old, hope one of the youngsters can get some games here and perform decently. Scored some important goals.

CM:

The biggest hole in my team in the beginning, played my third rated player here but he lost all potential! So I started the Wilkinson and he responded with a assist for the first three games a not one more the rest of the season. The more important is the midfield improved leaps and bounds with him in the position.

AM R:

Connor Martins was my best player with goals and assists from the right flank. Got injured for the last game of the season. Got a promising youngster but his durability and a new youth made the promising youngster play in the U21 all season.

AM L:

Robert Dale only retired from professional football after all, but he got old very fast, his ppm of "Knocks ball past opposition" rendered him useless until luckily he removed it through training, and was useful again but a shadow of his former self, Priestly took his job.

IF L:

I had the luck of a very good youth in Hélder Pereira who while inconsistent scored some goals love to love

DLF:

Dan Maguire, what to say, top goalscorer again! Having someone banging 20+ goals upfront is a almost essential element to a successful season. Had his seasonal half-season injury but this time the youngster score a couple of goals to alleviate the consequences.

Youth Intake:

Youth Intake

Youth Intake Review:

Hélder Pereira is crazy good for this level, he easily loses his marker, so some games he gets a lots good chances and goals. Inconsistent but still 15 years old, the team was instantly better, the problem will be for how long will he stay on the team before someone poaches him, because he won't sign a new contract.

TRlcO7m.png

Colwyn Bay FC - Sky Bet League One - 2023/24

Our first season in League One proved to be a succes. As some of you mentioned League One isn't that big a step from League Two. In the beginning we had trouble adjusting to the new league, but after a while we gained a lot of points. Towards the end of the season we received many injuries which made the promotion fight troublesome.

League Table

We lost to Coventry in the penalty shoot-out in the promotion sem-finals. I've now lost three different promotion play-offs during my career at Colwyn. Hopefully next time we'll be up for the task.

FA Cup

An okay run. Southampton were far too good.

Capital One Cup

We finally won a match in this competition.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy

Great succes! We only met two League One sides during the competition. We dominated this competition.

Notable events:

None...

Career Overview

2016/17   Vanarama North               5th         Loss in play-off finals
2017/18   Vanarama North               1st         Promotion
2018/19   Vanarama National            13th        FA Throphy winners
2019/20   Vanarama National            1st         Promotion
2020/21   Sky Bet League Two           10th         
2021/22   Sky Bet League Two           5th         Loss in play-off finals
2022/23   Sky Bet League Two           1st         Promotion
2023/24   Sky Bet League One           5th         Loss in play-off semi-finals, JPT winners

Next Season

Promotion!

Uol2YD0.png

Dorchester Town FC

Vanarama National – Season 2020-2021

Our second season in the Vanarama National League, and my slightly tough ambition of winning the title unfortunately failed. We only managed a play off spot, where we lost 0-1 over two games against Salford. Except from a winless run of 5 games, we never really played great football, neither were we horrible at any stage. Not being able to play good on a regular basis led to some tactical changes throughout the campaign, some of them more successful than others!

We secured our play off spot in the last round, managing to keep York behind us when we beat Stockport 2-1. Salford, being a very strong team, had beat us twice in this years campaign, 1-2 at home and a 3-0 trashing away. They were missing some key players this time around to injury, and I was quite optimistic. It did not get off to a good start, and we lost 0-1 at home, a nightmare in any two-leg tie! The away game ended 0-0, a game where we were by far the better team and really deserved to win! An injury time shot from my fullback hit the post, and that was basically the last kick of the game. Gutted! Contrary to media prediction we did overachieve, but staying a third season in the Vanarama National is not a good feeling and I hope we can make a serious title run next year, as I cannot stand two play off losses in a row I imagine!

In the FA Trophy we got knocked out in the first round against Whitehawk (0-1) loss. In the FA Cup we beat Dover in the qualification, but then got knocked out by League 1 side Coventry with a 3-1 loss. We actually took the lead and played quite well, so I'm happy with our performance, especially because we played Coventry away.

We struggled a bit with our finances this year and we saw red numbers for the first time. Luckily, our home game against Salford in the play offs created some revenue and we should be alright for next season. New sponsorship deals and league bonus helped as well! We actually got a bit more to work with for next season in our wage budget, so thats good!

We had 5 players on loan this season, it will be really, really important to keeo most of them for next year. Dominic Davison, our 18-year CB player of the year (captain as well) has been a giant in defense. He would never consider signing for us on a permanent basis (dont judge him), but his contract runs out next season so hopefully he will stay for another year on loan. He could play in League 1 though, so I'm not confident he will stay! Our top scorer was our right winger Dimitiou, a player that has been with me from 2018, banging in 14 goals (10 assists). We struggle with getting our strikers going, if we had a 20+ striker this season I could see us winning the title to be honest!

Goals for next season:

- Promotion (Title or via play off)

- Second round FA Cup

- A clearer philosophy in our style of play to build a better platform for development and be able to buy players to fit a system, not the other way around.

Well done on promotion michaeltmurrayuk. Girolamo looks good and i'm sure some of the other players like Paulinho will be able to do a job in L2.

I don't think you will make money with those attendances, the costs in L2 rocket and the JPT and league cups get terrible crowds. The ground improvements to meet L2 standards are costing me, about 400K in just 2 seasons to build 1500 seats and then 2200 standing. St Neots is losing money with an average attendance this season of 1500 and a wage budget of 16.5K p/w which is the lowest in the division.

My wage budget is only £8K p/w :( (which is about £2K p/w more than in the Conference), which meant I had to let Dobie go as he was wanting £750 p/w which was a shame considering I got most of my other not really good enough players to sign new contracts on the same or less terms than they previously had.

The non-footballing costs (office staff wages) look like they might be a problem I've only got to the first game of the season and they have already cost me £30K this season compared to £50K last season, my chairman is also being cheeky taking nearly £2K in wages this season compared to the £84 he took last season, though I may have found one way to make some money - arrange away friendlies against teams who will give you a largish appearance fee as this seems to be a fixed fee rather than the income amount listed for home matches that appears to be an optimistic amount assuming you fill the ground and doesn't account for expenses, it's not going to make you rich but getting paid £5K-£10K for each pre-season friendly is a nice boost, the £300K TV money should be nice as well (we only got £20K last season) and I think the bribe from the Premier League is worth another £300K.

However the good thing about League 2 is the fact that only two teams go down so you only need to be better than two other sides :)

If history is to be repeated it will be be third time for your tried 5th place and champions the next season. :D

Didn't even notice that! :)

Looks like it could happen. After the first five matches of the season it looks pretty good already.

Lost my best player Dylan Moore since Everton wanted him to go on loan to a better club. However they just sent me a new great 18-year old attacker on loan. Everton has really made a big difference for me as a parent club. I've got two players from the England u21 side on loan now :)

Started the season with a win but then went 13 games before another league win. By 20 games the team had only 15 points and were 2nd from bottom and 5 points adrift.

I had been unable to make any of the signings i wanted in the summer and by the end of sept i panicked and signed loads of east europeans nearly doubling the wage budget.

It seemed to take until late dec for results to improve but eventually the quality of my new signings told and i then took 39 points from 21 games only losing 2 games.

The last 5 games i didn't win which meant i slipped slightly in the table.

In the cups i had some success, beat L1 Colchester 4-1 at home before getting thrashed 0-6 at home to premiership Burnley.

Lost 1-3 away in the Qtr final of the JPT to L1 Bristol City and 0-1 at home to L1 Charlton in the FA Cup 2nd rd

The problem was in defence with the 3rd worst defence in the league meaning i drew a lot of games i could have won.

I also suffered from indiscipline with a new league record of 107 yellows and 9 reds, all of the reds came in the first half of the season.

Finances were again only rescued by the solidarity payment.

The terracing was replaced by seating reducing the ground capacity to 2760. As a result of this the board announced that the club will build 2240 standing.

This will take 11 months and the club will play at the abbey stadium in Cambridge.

Meanwhile Salford have reached the championship :eek:

This year my transfers mostly came off although Larsson and Pascal didn't really play as well as i'd hoped. I also let some of the conference stalwarts go including Davenport(145 apps,3 goals), Roberts(141 apps,45 goals) and Shitta (174 apps,13 goals) as none were quite up to L2 performance.

Pym didn't do so well and the season ended with Dam in goal.

Pezzi is the dirtest player i have ever seen, spending more time suspended than playing :seagull:. Rolland ended by playing more games.

Piroli was the only CB to put in any good performances although he also missed a lot of games in supensions.

In midfield the new central pairing of Bartkus and Bunjaku came off. Bartkus started with 3 red cards in 3 games but ended being capped by Lithuania.

Saraiva produced some more great performances in spite of being ability wise my worse player, now a club legend.

On the wings Salt put in some performances and was the only light in the first half of the season. Quintero picked up after xmas.

Johnstone scored only 6 goals before Jan but went goal crazy after to set a new club record for goals in a season.

Season            League             Position       FA cup     FA Trophy/ JPT   League cup    Europe       Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016/17        Conference North        3rd       3rd Qf Rd    3rd Qf Rd       N/A          N/A          None
2017/18        Conference North        10th      3rd Qf Rd    3rd Qf Rd       N/A          N/A          None
2018/19        Conference North        10th      3rd Qf Rd    1st Rd          N/A          N/A          None
2019/20        Conference North        2nd       1st Rd       3rd Rd          N/A          N/A          Promoted
2020/21        Conference National     7th       4th Qf Rd    2nd Rd          N/A          N/A          None
2021/22        Conference National     4th       1st Rd       1st Rd          N/A          N/A          Promoted
2022/23        League2                 12th      1st Rd       1st Rd          1st Rd       N/A          None
2023/24        League2                 15th      2nd Rd       Qtr-Final       2nd Rd       N/A          None

kTaSBVj.png

Metropolitan Police - English Premier Division - 2030/31 - Fifth

Youth Players

nil

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016/17       Met Police               England            Vanarama National League South        5th                  Playoff Final/Promotion
2017/18       Met Police               England            Vanarama National League              17th                  
2018/19       Met Police               England            Vanarama National League              1st                   Champions  
2019/20       Met Police               England            Sky Bet League 2                      21st                   Survival
2020/21       Met Police               England            Sky Bet League 2                      12th        
2021/22       Met Police               England            Sky Bet League 2                      1st                  Champions
2022/23       Met Police               England            Sky Bet League 1                      4th                  Promoted/JPT Runner Up
2023/24       Met Police               England            Sky Bet Championship                  17th 
2024/25       Met Police               England            Sky Bet Championship                  17th                  
2025/26       Met Police               England            Sky Bet Championship                  3rd                Promoted via Playoffs  
2026/27       Met Police               England            Premier Division                      16th                Survival
2027/28       Met Police               England            Premier Division                      14th                FA Cup runner up
2028/29       Met Police               England            Premier Division                      12th  
2029/30       Met Police               England            Premier Division                      6th                  Capital One Cup Runner Up      
2030/31       Met Police               England            Premier Division                      5th                                                  

Next Season

Stadium upgrade

Push for Champions League

Facility News

Training facilities again. Stadium cancelled

Major Competition Winners

English Premier League - Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Met. Police, Tottenham, Crystal Palace

Sky Bet Championship - Brighton, Fulham, Cardiff

FA Cup - Liverpool

Capital One Cup - Chelsea

Champions League - Juventus

Euro - Sevilla

A League - WSW/Perth

Well life in League 2 is hard, at the half way stage we are 18th with 28pts - thankfully 13th points clear of the bottom two sides Dagenham and Northampton (who walked the Conference last season so its a miracle we are doing well), but weirdly only eight points from the playoffs.

The main problem we have had so far is scoring goals (yet again) we have only managed 19 goals so far (from 23 games), my Top Scorer is Paulinho with four goals and two of those came in the same match, we have been ok defensively but our inability to score means when we gift a team a goal we aren't able to get back into the match :(

Moneywise we are back to losing £20K p/m with our player and staff wages aswell as our other costs have all doubled, though the bigger expense is the non-footballing costs which have increased four fold, however we should get ~£300K at the end of the season as our soldarity payment which should bring us out even.

It would help if we actually had some fans, our average attendance has at least increased to ~700 but that is only half as many as the next worse side Accrington get and our highest league attendance this season is actually below the record lowest attendance in the league :D

Here it is. New manager of Enfield Town, Nolan Davenport!

manager_zpsz0swidyl.jpg

Nolan was my first great player through my Enfield Town academy on my FM14 Dafuge Challenge game. A physical, tough tackling CB, he amassed over 200 caps for England as well as well over 1000 club apps, and was still playing as a rotation CB for me aged 38 when I ended the game. He is now my manager for this career, and has his own twitter which charts progress of my game: @Nolan_Davenport

3AdGW1u.png

Triple back to back promotions, in the end the quality from the National League and League 2 didn't differ much, we still walked the league without any problem. Poor results in the cups again, but then I prefer to concentrate on the league as the less games played is crucial in keeping players fit. Didn't have any money to spend this season with poor finances so the squad is much the same as it was last year. Managed to survive the entire season with 2 wingers as we couldn't afford any :lol: but we got a few key loan signings, don't think I will get them back on loan next season they played so well!

2016/17   Vanarama Conference North    19th
2017/18   Vanarama Conference North    5th     Promoted through play-offs
2018/19   Vanarama National League     1st
2019/20   League 2                     1st     Fa Cup 3rd round

And with six games left we have secured ourselves a second season in the Football League :cool:

Though we could have secured it earlier if we hadn't lost four of our last five games and despite our poor form we are only eight points from the playoffs and 11 points from one of the automatic promotion spots, titles gone though :( not that I am in any hurry to go up again as at the moment League One would be a struggle.

We got tookover by a consortium! Old chairman was very tight, didn't offer any additional money or allow me to get any coaching badges, I'm still on the lowest bage. Only disadvantage is the takeover went over the entire summer, its the middle of July and we start the league in 3 weeks and I have a squad size of 10 players with only 1 on the bench, going to be a busy few weeks! All of our loan signings refused to re-sign a loan deal and our key defender didn't renew a contract, not looking forward for the first few weeks of the season.

YTQ6exq.png

Didn't think I'd get this much but with key signings we can secure another promotion

Picked up the game yesterday and I've finally got Enfield Town. Will post the required manager screenshot once I'm back on the pc in the morning.

Hey, any chance you can share the save file at the beginning of the game where you've got the Towners? Would love to get a save going with them and you'd save me the leg-work of constant re-loading!

Cheers

Okay, decided to take this on, basically cuz I haven't played any of the new games and kinda wanna just get a hang of the tactical changes since 2012 before jumping into my premier league saves.

Would have taken Dorchester since I have family there but since they didn't get promoted and their reputation made it seem a little too easy anyway, I went with Ilkeston instead.

c058622783.png

Hey, any chance you can share the save file at the beginning of the game where you've got the Towners? Would love to get a save going with them and you'd save me the leg-work of constant re-loading!

Cheers

Sorry mate, I was so happy I got them at last that I cracked straight on without making a separate save file! Which also means I'm screwed if I get sacked or relegated from VCS! :(

Archived