dafuge's FM16 challenge

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thebaker - Fabio is my all time favourite players. In FM14 he did this with me http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/397531-My-Club-Legend-*-Real-Player-Naming-Screenshots-*

I hope he brings you as much joy as he did me.

When he scored in the champions league final I felt stupidly proud

He was still class for me in L1 on FM15 but he is not as good this year. Already my coaches tell me he won't improve at 3 stars in the VCN. He hasn't even scored a single direct free kick in 2 and a half seasons.

Dorchester Town 2017/18 Season Report - Vanarama National League - Survival

Very difficult season for us, fortunately we secured survival with a game to go (despite losing the final 5 matches). The second half of the season was a nightmare, we couldn't get any rhythm or form going, however we did just about enough to reach our goals of staying in the league.

Key Players

|

Mike Carter | Alex Salmon |

Mike Carter came to us in January and made a different in the center of midfield, and was our shining light this season. Alex Salmon had his hand in half of our goals this season, 8 goals and 12 assists. If only he was more deadly infront of goal. Still his wage demands are low and he'll survive the clear out at the end of the season.

Club Info

| Squad | Finances | Season Review | Transfers | Injury Report |

We probably had the weakest squad in the division, with most of the players being well below the required level. I'm not certain we deserved to stay up, as we played some shocking football. I think signing the 4 defenders was key (3x CB's and the RB), however the signing of Redford didn't really pay off and ended up being a waste of money. He'll stick around for another season, but only as a sub.

Going Pro - I've never had this before, usually a team will go pro once promoted to League 2, however the board decided it was time to kick on - I hadn't asked them either so I'm quite happy with that.

Next Season Targets

- Change tactics - I tried a defensive style and it really didn't pay off, I'm going back to a formation with wingers with the hope of scoring more than I concede

- Develop the squad. We desperately need a decent left back, central midfielder and striker that can score more than 8 goals a season (Sorry Alex)

- If the above pays off, a high mid-table finish would be the target, maybe sneaking in to the play-offs.

- We must do better in the cups

Season       League             League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17         Vanarama South             2nd              Promotion  
2017/18         Vanarama National         20th              Survived

I think they'll be very popular because of the documentary, which is kind of like an advert for this challenge; or maybe the challenge is an advert for the documentary.

Sorry I am late to this...but what documentary?

I have made an excel document with all the clubs for this challenge, their reputation, nearest larger city and population.

http://www.filedropper.com/dafugeclubs

Pardon any mistakes, as I am not a native englishman, but I hope this will help some people with their choice of club.

This is great.

Anyone got Leiston,, Needham Market or Darlington 1883 saves with a few extra leagues loaded and a decent amount of players? If not I may be reloading a bit :)

Wlv - i have never seen any team turn pro at that level unless they had loads of money in the bank, although most teams in the conference are pro these days.

How high are your wages that £425 p/w is low?

I had no money in the bank at the time either. My wages were between 150 - 500 per week.

The only thing I can think of is that Dorchester have yearly chairman elections and that happened shortly after the chairman took over.

Hampton and Richmond Borough 2016/2017 Season Review

Vanarama National League South

4y4RVR7.jpg

A rollercoaster of a season has come to an end. We started the season pretty well, playing a classic 4-3-3 with a stingy defense and trying to grab goals on the counter. After 10 matches, we had played five 0-0 draws and I decided to change up the approach a bit, trying to create a little more on offense. The result was a throwback 90's 4-4-2 with a big man-poacher combo up top. We started blazing in goals, and climbed up the table, reaching 6th when the calendar showed December.

Unfortunatly the good times didn't last into the new year, and throughout December/January we went 10 games in a row without winning, losing 7 in the process. This culminated in us being 20th in the league and me being called into the board room, to explain why we wasn't performing. I accepted full responsibility and promised we would do better over the next month. After the meeting i reverted back to the solid 4-3-3 and we once again started squeezing points off the opposition. When the last whistle was blown we found ourselves in a comfortable, but a little disappointing 16th place.

YojEtH4.png

Targets for the next season:

• Become more consistent which should allow me to fight for a spot in the play-offs.

• Develop a couple of the youngsters I got through the youth intake:

Managers choice for H&R Player of the Year:

1st place: Aristede Bassele

The right winger was our most consistent source of goals and assist, ending up with a total of 15 goals and 11 assist in 45 games.

2nd place: Adam Pepper

The unathletic central midfielder was the player with the highest average rating, 7.09. He mosty played in an advanced midfield role, so I was a bit dissappointed in his low goal/assist return.

3rd place: Nathan Evans

Our left winger provided a decent amount of goals and assist, 12 and 9. Very streaky player, would have a run of games were he was dominating before disappearing for 5 games straight.

Finances and transfers:

Our finances was on a consistent downward trajectory, and with no cup success or promotion that will likely continue. We ended the season approx £100k in the red.

We were quite active on the transfer market, bringing in lots of new faces and letting go of a bunch. Not many of the signings were homeruns, and they were all free transfers.

dorchester_town_fc.gif?itok=71SRM_70

Dorchester Town - 2016/17 Season Report - Vanarama National League South

Season Overview

The media predicted that we would finish bottom of the league, and looking through the initial squad I could see that there were a lot of improvements needed. I signed a slew of players almost immediately, after being lucky enough to find a scout with a 10 in judging ability. These players formed the backbone of my squad in the early games, but I continued making improvements throughout the season as my scout unearthed a few more relatively good finds. Our performances on the pitch were generally good, sometimes even excellent, but there were also some terrible results. At one point, we managed an excellent 26 game unbeaten run, but many of these were draws and we never pulled away from the chasing pack. Towards the end of the season, our form began to drop and we won only three of our last ten games, eventually surrendering the title to Maidstone but still giving us a shot at promotion through the playoffs. Overall, the problem lay with wasteful strikers and defenders allowing opposition forwards far too much of the ball.

In the playoffs, we faced off against Maidenhead, beating them 2-1 away before managing only a 1-1 draw at the Avenue Stadium in two very nervy games. This narrow win set us up to play Margate, thankfully at home thanks to our higher league position.

Could we manage to defeat the boys from a town made famous only by a Chas & Dave song? We had beaten Margate in both league meetings in the regular season, taking a close 1-0 win at home, then managing to whack them 5-1 in Kent in our season's best match.

We certainly could! In another game where nerves got the better of the majority, it was up to Tommy Hutchings to give us the win and send us to the National League for the first time in our history!

As for the cups, the less said, the better. We managed one win in each, defeating Tonbridge Angels in the FA Cup and thrashing Cheshunt in the FA Trophy, but we fell to local rivals Poole Town in the Cup, then to eventual winners Forest Green in the Trophy. I wasn't expecting much from either but the result against Poole was poor to say the least.

At the end of the season, the board decided they wanted to upgrade the youth facilities after I asked for an improvement to our youth setup category. This has cost £650k we do not have.

Final League Table

Key Players

Jordan Hibbert

This man ran the centre of the park at times and was a large part of why we were able to create so many chances.

Joe Hull

Easily the best of my defence, Hull often broke enemy attacks down with key tackles and interceptions.

Tommy Hutchings

One of several attackers with the same first name, Hutchings was our top scorer, but could and should have scored a lot more. When he did play well, he was nearly unstoppable, but is far too inefficient to act as a long term option.

Sam Surridge

A loan signing late on, Surridge settled in quickly and made the last few games far less painful than they could have been.

Chris Winterton

My first signing, Winterton was a solid, if unspectacular keeper who nevertheless saved us several points. He also played every minute of every game, leaving his (inadequate) backups with nothing to do; I don't use a substitute keeper until I get 7 subs.

Who Won What

Premier League: Chelsea

FA Cup & League Cup: Tottenham Hotspur (v Arsenal) - yes, two North London Derby finals!

La Liga: Real Madrid

Copa Del Rey: Barcelona (v Athletic)

Bundesliga: Bayern

DFB-Pokal: Bayern (v Wolfsburg)

Serie A: Juventus

TIM Cup: Inter (v Juventus)

Ligue 1: PSG

Coupe de France: Lyon (v Marseille)

Eredivisie: Feyenoords

KNVB Beker: PSV (v FC Groningen)

Superligaen: FC Kobenhavn

DBU Pokalen: FC Midtjylland (v AaB)

Scottish Premiership: Celtic

Scottish Cup: Celtic (v Rangers)

Champions League: FC Bayern (v Arsenal) - don't worry Gunners fans, Arsenal won it in 15-16!

Europa League: Liverpool (v Fenerbahce)

Transfers | Finances | Manager Profile | Club Information | Club Facilities | Best XI

Season  Division  Position Avg. Attendance  Leaderboard Points (Pos) Notes
16-17   VNS        2nd       902               7,101 (133,749th)     Promoted via playoffs

Good luck. I'm also a first timer and having a blast.

Likewise! It's really fun and a great challenge! Obviously the amateur contracts is a big challenge as the flow of players are not really restriced, and I seem to have lost out on some good ones early on in the season. And the agony of seeing your defenders chase an attacker with a pace of 5 and still being overrun is horrible!

10 games in, not a single draw, but sitting comfortable in mid-table! Should avoid relegation, but the first year promotions some people are getting seems to be out of reach at the moment.

I also realised, while at work, that I forgot to assign automatic scoutinging, which is a terrible mistake at lower level!

Anybody else having trouble getting permission for a coaching course? I'm about 60% through my second season and I haven't been granted permission once. First it was "we need you at the club" and now the excuse is finances. My stats have improved but at this point I should at least have a National A license.

Try asking when the squad are on holiday - always seems to work for me and I did so the first day of my game for the National C license.

I posted my first season review yesterday, and wanted to add the club logo and the league table as images in the post, rather than links. However I couldn't figure out how to do that. If anyone would be so kind as to enlighten me how it is done it would be greatly appreciated:) (Have been checking out the forum to try to figure it out on my own, but haven't found it anywhere)

220px-JBkpZgj2.jpeg

Salford City - Sky Bet League 2- 2020/21

This season the aim was to reach the playoffs and for the second season in a row we fell at the final hurdle. We were sat in 7th position on the final match needing a win to guarantee our position. We lost 3-1 to Oxford and missed out as other results went against us. This season was a tough season as we were very inconsistant and for the first time this save I began to doubt my 442 tactic. I tried a variety in the second half of the season before deciding to go with a 4231 as I had written off the season. We had 6 matches with the tactic at the end of the season and almost made the playoffs if it wasnt for the late slip. Always next season. To make things more difficult League winners Millwall were taken over by a Spanish tycoon this season. Will be fin to watch them try to rise through the leagues.

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - Made the 3rd round of the FA Cup but didnt get a lucrative tie and lost to Southend.

Squad - I revamped the squad in the summer and made some good changes. Although we ended up with less points this season than last season. Plenty of positives going forward now I have hopefully settled on a tactic.

Finances - Still massively in debt. Yay!

Key Player Profiles:

Diego De Girolamo - Suffered with injuries this season and still joint top scored. Had to reject £150k bids for him last summer.

Daniel Powell- Really pleased when I saw he was available. Involved in plenty of goals and hopefully will do again next season.

Gael Bigirimana - Was surprised he was interested in joining. A bit injury prone but a class player.

Next Season

Top 7 finish in the league

FA Cup round 3 with a lucrative tie

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
2016/17         Vanarama North              3rd               Lost playoff final  
2017/18         Vanarama North              1st               Champions
2018/19         Vanarama National           1st               Champions 
2019/20         League 2                    8th
2020/21         League 2                    8th

I posted my first season review yesterday, and wanted to add the club logo and the league table as images in the post, rather than links. However I couldn't figure out how to do that. If anyone would be so kind as to enlighten me how it is done it would be greatly appreciated:) (Have been checking out the forum to try to figure it out on my own, but haven't found it anywhere)

It's this one here

Never done the challenge before, but it seemed like a good idea:lol:

Darlington 1883 seems like a popular choice, but they are my home town club - spent many an hour freezing my bits off at Feethams in the early 70s. If the full challenge is beyond me, I hope at least to restore them to their rightful place at the bottom of Division 2.

Here's the starting profile:

B3DrQ9r.jpg

Dorchester Town 2018/19 Season Report - Vanarama National League - Promotion!

|

League Table | League Results (Home) | League Results (Away) | FA Trophy | FA Cup |

What a contrast from last season. Playing in a more attacking style seemed to pay off, with our home form being the highlight of the season. Our away form needs work, however it was enough to grab 5th place and go in to the play-offs. Ebbsfleet were the harder of the two and we had a bad record vs them too. We were quite lucky to win, we were outclassed for most of the game. Come to the finals vs Wrexham - it took penalties to beat them in the end. I was disapointed that we surrended an early lead. Match Overview

Key Players

| Josh Chatee'>http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/398927845028515997/6EBB0B509D4B232D61C20CAABB41BFF252901D0C/"]Josh Chatee | Andreas Komodikis | Simonas Stankevicius |

Josh was a creative force - 15 assists in the league (top of the charts). If he could grab a couple more goals he'll be a club legend. Andreas joined us in the summer, after a revamp of our central midfield. I didn't notice how key he was until writing this up - 10 assists was a good turn around for a central midfielder and we felt his absence when he was injured. Finally, in our last report, we mentioned signing a striker who can score more than 8 goals. We did - 26 in the league (top of the charts).

Club Info

| Squad | Finances | Season Review | Transfers | Injury Report | End of Season Awards | Manager Profile |

A fairly large squad saw us through, luckily we didn't have many injuries as most of my back up players are pants. We'll be having a big clear out over the summer. The playoffs rescued our finances, going from minus to ~300k after the 3 matches. Likewise I've been given a decent wage budget for next season too.

Next Season Targets

- Survival

- Cup Run

- Reinforce our squad with either quality backup players or better than our current first team.

Season       League             League Finish     Achievements
2016/17         Vanarama South             2nd              Promotion  
2017/18         Vanarama National         20th              Survived
2018/19         Vanarama National          5th              Promotion

Salford-City-FC.jpg?fc095d

Salford City - Vanarama National League North - 2017/2018

League Table - Squad - Transfers

We had a good season improving on last years finish but we again lost in the playoff final. This time to Stockport. They completely deserved the win having completely outplayed us and it is frustrating to think that I will be spending another year in this league when I believe this team is ready for promotion. We had kept a large number of players from last season, something I like to do unless needed otherwise. Austin Lipman was signed on loan from Lincoln and was a superb signing. He was a good relief player to have as Abdo was not as good as last year and built a good partnership with Thismanga He did however sign a new contract at the end of the season for two years. I think I will need promotion if I want to keep him long-term though. I have strengthened my defence and look to go for automatic promotion next season. I think it will be harder as some strong teams have come down and shuffled around. I'm thinking of employing a new, experimental tactic next season similar to this one, thoughts?

2016/17         Vanarama North              4th               Lost playoff final, FAT QF.
2017/18         Vanarama North              3rd               Lost playoff final

I think it will be harder as some strong teams have come down and shuffled around. I'm thinking of employing a new, experimental tactic next season similar to this one, thoughts?

[/code]

I think this tactis is exciting, but demanding on your players to cover space defensively, when you have both your wingers on attack! Also, a ball winning midfielder will be pulled out of position up the pitch trying to win position so I think your defense will be left very vulnerable!

Grays Athletic Season Summary

Season 2019-20

League 2

Final Position 1st

The League:

Much to my suprise, League 2 was a lot easier than expected. A few defensive players made all the difference. We never went below 5th and could secure the title on the second last match day. Board seems to allow quite a few more coaches, in comparison to previous games, and I like to think, that helps as well. Finances were struggling due to wages and only improved at the end of the season, when the solidarity payment was paid out.

The Cups:

Overall we did really well in the cups, with the best game of the season home vs Aston Villa, where we pulled off a 4-1 win, despite being completely dominated throughout the game.

FA Cup: 1st rnd a 3-1 home win vs M'boro (does SI Games have somehing against them? They always seem to struggle around L1 or L2) 2nd rnd 2-1 away vs Rochdale. 3rd rnd. Thought this would be our exit, but we drew 2-2 home vs Birmingham and managed a 4-2 win away. 4th rnd 4-1 win at home vs Aston Villa. In the 5th rnd we had our exit at home vs Arsenal, that in a poorly played game only managed to win 2-0.

League Cup: Prelim rnd we beat Ebbsfleet on penalties after 3-3. 1st rnd a great 5-2 win home vs MK Dons, followed by just a heavy trouncing loosing 5-2 away in the 2nd rnd to Shef Wed.

JPT: We went all the way to the finals, where we lost 1-0 to Blackburn in a game we really should have won.

The Players:

Christian Kjetil Haug GK (previously Man City) was playing great for us, only letting 16 goals in, in 19 games. Unfortunately, he also had long injuries.

Ash Kigbu DC (another Man City reject) Was our rock in the defense.

Filip Valencic AML (in his second season for us, previous Colchester) topscorer with 22 goals in 55 games and 13 assists. MVP by far.

Haven't found a quality striker yet, so far the wingers and midfield have been our reason to succes.

Signing Tom Soares DMC seemed like a no brainer. Great age, and great stats. But with 20 yellow and 2 red cards in 32 games, he proved to be a costly investment.

The Extras: Board is finding us poor, they won't allow upgrades to facilities. Aim for next seasons will have to be handling the finances, so these can be improved - And to find a quality striker!

Season	League	Pos	Europe		FA Cup	Cap One	FAT/JPT
16-17	VNS	1st	None		3d Qua	None	Final
17-18	VN	11th	None		2nd Rnd	None	FAT Winners
18-19	VN	1st	None		2nd Rnd	None	2nd Rnd
19-20	L2	1st	None		5th Rnd	2nd Rnd	Runner Up

Can't confirm just started my first season but noticed the Ground being in Shildon and just posted about it.

Thinking about it TFDM that could be why they playing at Shildon as you start the game in season 2

I don't know if football manager takes into account ground grading but there is noway Shildon would be considered up to scratch for Conference North football. Was kind of hoping the game would take into account the proposed move back to the town and Blackwell Meadows.

Cheers anyway :)

Started the season by improving at home over last season and unable to get a point away, as a result the team were midtable all year. Picked up in nov/dec to gain hope before only 1 win in 11 in jan/feb crushed it. A late surge ensured a top half finish. Lost out to lower league Redditch at home after a replay in the 3rd Q Rd. Lost at home to Alfreton after extra time in the 1st Rd of the FA trophy.

Its difficult to know where the team is going wrong as in so many games they have more possession, more shots and often more CCC than the opposition but still lose. Other teams seem to take half chances much better.

Finances are poor hovering around 100K in the red, board puts some money in every so often.

The squad looks strong although most are still rated at regional divs level and don't actually appear to be improving.

Vose was a poor goalie and the team looked better when Jones came in. Bola is rated as the 2nd best defender but kept making mistakes. The defence improved towards the end of the year, i also have high hopes for youth player Chenery.

Even though Lenighan is rated my weakest midfielder he improved the side when i brought him in at the end of feb. Saraiva was again my best midfielder with the highest rating in the league but missed out on the best player. Quintero proved a threat from the wings by getting quite a few goals, Hamalainien didn't provide the same threat but is currently rated as VN ability, he also will not sign a new contract.

Up front Gray was terrible and i let him go at the end of the season. Ashton could do better but still weighed in with a few goals.

Season            League             Position       FA cup     FA Trophy   League cup    Europe       Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016/17        Conference North        3rd       3rd Qf Rd    3rd Qf Rd       N/A          N/A          None
2017/18        Conference North        10th      3rd Qf Rd    3rd Qf Rd       N/A          N/A          None
2018/19        Conference North        10th      3rd Qf Rd    1st Rd          N/A          N/A          None

I have just signed this absolute beast. Hopefully he can bang in the goals and lead us to promotion from League 2.

Wow! Everyone dreams of that type of player being willing to join :D.he looks like he could stick with you until the premier league and beyond.

I'd like to see how his story develops!

I think this tactis is exciting, but demanding on your players to cover space defensively, when you have both your wingers on attack! Also, a ball winning midfielder will be pulled out of position up the pitch trying to win position so I think your defense will be left very vulnerable!

Yeah, I've changed it to a;

GK

DL - DC - DC - DR

MC - MC - MR

AML - AMC

ST

220px-JBkpZgj2.jpeg

Salford City - Sky Bet League 2- 2021/22

This was a big season. New owners wanting a promotion push and after the last two seasons where we narrowly missed out on the playoffs we needed to make them this season. Thankfully we managed to go better than this and we won the league. I put this down to a change in formation early on. We started with a 4231 but after going 2-0 to bottom of the league and having a man sent off I removed the AMC and we came back to draw 2-2 in the final 10 minutes. I then changed to a 41221 formation and we put together a great run of form and lead the league for almost the entire season.

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - Early exits again. Need a good run soon to make some much needed money.

Squad - I completely changed the squad again from last season whilst retaining my best players. Managed to sign a couple of gems who should be able to step up into League 1.

Finances - New owners helping out the debt massively.

Key Player Profiles:

Ben Wain - Signed in Novemeber and took a little while to settle but once he did the goals started flowing. Cant believe he was available.

Daniel Powell- Top scoring from the right wing with 29 goals in 41. Also got 14 assists.

Zakaria El Azzouzi - Brought in as a backup striker but moved onto the left wing and never lost his place. 24 goals in 48.

Next Season

Survival in League One

FA Cup round 3 with a lucrative tie

Career Overview

2016/17         Vanarama North              3rd               Lost playoff final  
2017/18         Vanarama North              1st               Champions
2018/19         Vanarama National           1st               Champions 
2019/20         League 2                    8th
2020/21         League 2                    8th
2021/22         League 2                    1st               Champions

On second thought it seems plenty of people are doing Colwyn Bay so I'll save that for later. Instead we're running Rushall Olympic.

Off to a surprisingly good start, 9 points in 6 games when we were picked to finish 21st.

And no luck here either. Really having troubles with my offense so far in 16. Started off well but then the goals just dried up. Think I'm needing to be more aggressive improving my team throughout the season.

Mid-point of my first season as Sutton Coldfield...and we've been a very streaky team. Started with 11 points from first 5 matches...good enough for 2nd place. Then managed only a point in the next 7 (and only 2 goals)--dropping me to 20th. Then alternating wins and losses in pairs and triplets...after 21 matches sitting comfortably out the the RZ at 15th (10 points clear)...but not feeling good about the season.

Out of both cups....both times to Vanarama Conference teams (including a 2-0 loss to a red-hot Wrexham in the FAT 1st round---Wrexham sitting first in the VNC and, with their win over my Sutton team, on a 24 match unbeaten streak!).

Over-spending on my salary, my best midfielder out in the pre-season for 10-11 months with torn cruciate ligaments....2 other of my top players (including my GK) poached by other teams because I could not afford regular contracts (a total of 4 poached)...and I'm sitting with a very lean team, with a long ways to go in the season.

At the moment...just hoping to survive and consolidate the wages a bit, so I can actually bring in players next season. Or get lucky and get a couple youths through my academy that I can actually use. Otherwise...I don't hold a lot of hope for this save!

TRlcO7m.png

Colwyn Bay FC - Vanarama National - 2018/19

My third season in charge of Colwyn Bay was another successful year. After a difficult start to the season we were 20th after 22 matches, but fortunately we enjoyed a very good second part of the season. Out biggest triumph however came in the FA Throphy. We managed to end a fantastic campaign and won the trophy! The clear favorites Hartlepool went out early on. The finances are looking okay. We managed to sign a couple of interesting players and I think the squad is looking interesting.

League Table

A difficult start, but in the second half of the season we played some good football. We switched back to more offensive football.

FA Cup

Not much to report.

FA Throphy

Winners! I'm really proud of the effort in the quarter and semi-finals. We met good opponents, but played great offensive football.

Notable events:

Small stadium upgrade - The stadium upgrade is just in order to meet the league requirements.

Ryan Harrington Wales u21 player - Ryan is our first international player. He came in during the season. Good find.

New topscorer - Luke Lofts did a good job scoring 21 goals throughout the season. By far our topscorer.

Career Overview

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17   Vanarama North               5th         Loss in play-off finals
2017/18   Vanarama North               1st         Promotion
2018/19   Vanarama National            13th        FA Throphy winners

Next Season

Try to find a couple of new players and maybe push for a play-off spot.

Archived