dafuge's FM16 challenge

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cheers, you did well with them!

I am struggling so far and after 22 games im sitting in 20th 5 points off safety...time for a tactical revamp yet again!

It took me 4 years to get out of the VCN --- mainly due to trying to fine-tune the 4-1DM-3-2 (Narrow) formation that seemed to best fit the squad I'd inherited. After that it was 2 years in the VC, 1 in 2nd Division, 2 in 1st, 3 in Championship before making it to the EPL (where I'm now in my 5th (I believe) season. I wasn't concerned about pushing fast... I felt that 3 seasons in Championship (and to lesser extent 2 seasons in 1st division) allowed me to consolidate and build a team that would survive the EPL....and that plan worked out well. Even after my 5th season in EPL (along with a couple FAC Finals, and 3 seasons in the Euro Cup), I'm still one of the lowest wage budgets in the EPL....so doing well with what I've been given. Robyn Watson really was a game-changer for me in FM15 (and hanging onto him was at times miraculous!)

Good luck to all. If anyone gets Stratford town as a team, please could you let me have a copy of your save game. I've been loading many, many times and had no joy :rolleyes:

Been trying for Stratford Town too, but it's not looking good :(

Hampton_%26_Richmond_Borough_F.C.jpg

Hampton and Richmond Borough FC - Vanarama South - 2016/17

This was a very mixed season for us. It looks pretty good looking at our final standing but our form was very hit and miss. Unfortunately a run of 3 points from a possible 21 in January and February meant we were unlikely to reach the top 5. We managed to get close in the end and on the final game we drew 0-0 when a win would have put us into the play offs.

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - Early exits in both competitions. Not to worried.

Squad - I really struggled to find players this season and I think we struggled for fitness due to this. Hopefully with my scouts doing some good work over the season there will be some players available to me for next season who will improve the quality.

Finances - Meh.

Key Player Profiles:

Nnamdi Nwachuku - Great season but unfortunately he will not sign a new deal so I will be losing him for next season.

Joey Johnson - Signed mid season and did well. Hopefully improve next season.

Ronan Hale - Youngster brought in on loan had a good season. Will try to bring him back next year.

Next Season

Hopefully I can strengthen the team and we can push on again and maybe reach the playoffs.

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17         Vanarama South             7th                  

Thanks:) Going to be a tough first season. Predicted finish 19th, and my two best players leaving on free transfer. On the plus side, i have aprox 2k £ left on the wage budget, so hopefully there are some gems to unearth in the market

e96b044f20d764eef655fd72dea87c62.png

Darlington 1883 - Vanarama North 2016/17

Solid first season ending with a 9th place finish.

Struggled to attract any real quality to the club so stuck with what was at the club already mainly.

On a positive note we ended up making a profit of 450k in the first season.

Player of the season was Ross Wilson with 17 goals in 35 games.

Aiming for a solid midtable finish again next season.

sorry for a lack of pictures but not sure how to post links to in game images.

nuNik2D.png

Leamington - 2016/17 (Season 1)

Competitions

Vanarama National League North: 2nd

Vanarama National League North Playoffs: Results

FA Cup: 1st Round (def. by Grimsby Town)

FA Trophy: 2nd Round (def. by Hednesford)

A really good start to life in Leamington, as a few good players who were already at the club combined with a few good signings to get us comfortably into the playoffs. Despite being 2nd for huge stretches of the season, we never once hit the top spot, remaining 7-10 points behind leaders AFC Fylde the entire time. As such, we were never in with any chance of automatic promotion - but playoffs were more than good enough for us.

Going into the playoffs, we faced Alfreton, who we had beaten home and away during the regular season. Maybe that led to some complacency with the players though, despite my best efforts, as we went down to a 2-1 defeat in the opening away leg. With the minutes ticking away on the second leg and the score at 1-1, it looked like the promotion dream was in trouble until captain Jamie Tank headed in from a corner on 76 minutes to put us back level on aggregate. There was more drama though as seven minutes later, his central defensive partner James Fry got himself sent off for a professional foul. That sent us into extra time a man down, but just when it looked like we were heading for penalties, attacking midfielder Luke Clark scored a bullet out of nowhere from 30 yards to send us through to the final, where we'd face Tamworth at home thanks to our 2nd place finish. The final was much less dramatic, as we looked by far the more dangerous team with 23 shots to their 7, and we ended up running out 2-1 winners to confirm our promotion.

The cups were a fun diversion, and in both we took the team that eventually beat us to a replay before we finally went down to defeat.

Squad and Transfers

Club Overview | First Team Squad | Transfers | Finances

Unsurprisingly, there was a lot of transfer activity, with 16 players coming in on free transfers over the course of the season, though 12 players did also depart (though many of those were against my will). Despite all this activity though, most of the players that really made an impact for me this season were already at the club when I arrived, including my top goalscorer, most creative player, and best defender. Finances don't look great, but we've managed to finish the season in the black so they could be a lot worse.

Jamie Tank (D C) - 47 apps (3 goals) - 7.35 average rating: The captain and heart of our defence was in his third season at the club and has indicated that he should be good enough for the step up to the next level. Sadly, we'll never know as he's refused to sign a new contract - even better than that, he came to me demanding that I open negotiations for a new contract, refused to enter negotiations, then complained to the press that I hadn't given him a new contract. Honestly, players these days...

Leeroy Maguraushe (AM R) - 52 apps (14 goals) - 7.31 average rating: Another one who was already at the club when I arrived, he also contributed 20 assists to go along with those 14 goals. He did agree to a new contract and I'll be looking forward to seeing how he fares next season.

Harvey Barnes (AM L) - 33 apps (13 goals) - 7.30 average rating: Complementing Maguraushe on the other side of the field was Barnes, a 19 year old former Leicester winger who, had it not been for several spells on the sideline through injury, probably would have had a record to rival his counterpart.

History

Season     Division                        Pos    FA Cup    Lg Cup    Other Comps     Continental Comps    Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    Vanarama National North         2nd    1st Rnd   N/A       FAT: 2nd Rnd    N/A                  Promoted via playoffs

[size=1]FAT: FA Trophy[/size]

Joey Johnson - Signed mid season and did well. Hopefully improve next season.

Joey! My top scorer - was already at Leamington when I took over on my save (assuming this is the same Joey Johnson - I think it is). Scored 29 in all competitions for me this season so I'd say he should be a pretty decent forward for you at this level.

On a positive note we ended up making a profit of 450k in the first season.

£450k profit is amazing! Any secret to your success? I finished the season with a £1,759 profit and I was pretty pleased with myself...

Decent start to my Ashton United save --- it might actually keep my interest for a while! One quarter through the season, we're sitting 8th w/ 16 points (3 from the playoff spots). We've also gotten past our first FAC Qual round opponent, w/ a 4-0 thumping of Leiston. A couple highlights are my leading striker, 28yo Aaron Burns (8 goals), and a familiar face in John Lesley van Engle (a Dutchman that actually started on my King's Lynn challenge last year with King's Lynn --- and stayed on productive on the team for 7 years (through L2 play). We're both the highest offense and (nearly) the worst defense however...so I've still some work to do!

3 games, 4 red cards and a fine for 8 yellow cards in a match

http://i.imgur.com/uBX9fzI.png

1 draw, 2 losses. Terrible start

I feel your pain on the discipline. 91 yellows and 9 reds for me over the course of the season. Funnily enough, on my Team Report, my "Best Attribute" was listed as Aggression - I'm not so sure I'd agree with that...

kTaSBVj.png

Metropolitan Police - Vanarama National League South - 2016/17 - Fifth

Had some real struggles this season finding players and staff of a decent calibre. After a struggle to the start of the season and too much tactics tinkering, we had an amazing run starting in December which kept us in target to take a playoff spot.

The Playoff semi final was a struggle and somehow we actually defended well. The second leg was amazing and to win it on pens probably took years off my life.

The final we smashed Maidstone which was unexpected but nice.

Youth Players

nil

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016/17       Met Police               England            Vanarama National League South         5th                  Playoff Final/Promotion

Next Season

Sign some decent players

Sign better staff

Get into league football

Facility News

Stadium expansion required by the new league has been put on hold due to financial restraints

Major Competition Winners

Vanarama National League South - Hemel Hempstead, Met Police

FA Cup - Liverpool

FA Trophy - FC Halifax

English Premier League - Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Newcastle, Stoke

Championship - Cardiff, Hull, Fulham

Champions League - Arsenal

Euro - Liverpool

Salford City FC

Season Summary 2016/17

rOUUvpx.png

Vanarama National League South - 1st Place

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances | Season Review

With a shaky start that included an 8-match winless streak, we didn't really hit our stride in the league until October. After making some tactical and personnel adjustments, Ibrahim Atiku sparked a revival with an impressive run of form on the wing. Aided by the playmaker and new fan favorite, Jack Blake, and young striker Kyle Wootton, the boys started banding em in on the reg. After a disasterous string of injuries sidelined our starting and backup strikers, Yeovil loanee Ollie Bassett stepped up and surprised everyone, scoring 9 goals in 14 matches, stearing The Ammies to a relatively painless promotion (unless you are Kyle Wooten, who suffered a facial injury during a match, only to dislocate his shoulder six days later in training).

In a bizarre twist, majority owner Peter Lim sold the club to local investor Nigel Harris, the day before our final match of the season. I guess he wasn't feeling the Class of '92.

FA Cup: Lost in Second Round (v Scunthorpe)

FA Trophy: Lost in Northern Section Third Qualifying Round (v Alfreton)

KEY PLAYERS:

Jack Blake (AM C): 40 APPS, 16 GLS, 19 ASTS - AVR 7.61: Fans Player of the Season, Young Player of the Season, Highest Average Rating, Most Assists, Most Player of the Match Awards

Ibrahim Atiku (AM R): 37 APPS, 22 GLS, 9 ASTS - AVR 7.48: Top Goalscorer

Noe Baba (FB R): 46 APPS, 137 HWN, 132 TCK - AVR 7.36: Proper Badass

My Profile. Oh yeah, I also got my first Manager of the Year Award. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a coaching course to attend.

Season	    League	           Pos    FA Cup    LG Cup    FAT/JPT
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17	    Vanarama North         1st    2nd Rnd     n/a     3rd Qual.           

FMKING_zpsjntgmtfc.png

SEASON 2017-18 VANARAMA NATIONAL SOUTH

League

Pre season we were expected to finish 5th after our playoff disappointment last season. Started very well winning 5 and drawing 2 of our first 7 games. Its was a race between Sutton United, Canvey Island and ourselfs swapping top spot for most of the first half of the season until a great run which saw us unbeaten for the last 17 games winning 13 of them. Finished Champions by 13 points!

FIXTURES 1 |FIXTURES 2 | VANARAMA NATIONAL SOUTH

Cups

Disappointing again knocked out early in both cups

Squad and Club Info

Squad | Home Screen | Transfers | Season Review | Best 11 | Fans Player | Top Goalscorer

Season     Division                        Pos    FA Cup        Lg Cup    Other Comps         Continental Comps    Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    Vanarama National South         4th    3rd qual rd   N/A       FAT: 3rd qual rd    N/A                  lost in playoff final
2017/18    Vanarama National South         1st    3rd qual rd   N/A       FAT: 3rd qual rd    N/A                  Champions, Manager of the year​

440227f4b1.png

ummmm WutFace ?

I had that one too! I've read somewhere here in the forums that SI did this since the scheduling for the top tiers in Europe would have been completely rubbish in the game. They don't have support for a winter world cup at the moment, so they had to do a work around. Can't seem to remember where I read it, but I think it was in the bugs section.

Well after last nights disappointment with the relegation I am happy to say I am back in the game with Basingstoke Town.

When the teams come up from the regionals they all had managers so I had my good friend Holiday Mann break up the management team at Basingstoke then retire so I could apply for the job, which I got. I hope that's OK?

If not I'll restart when I'm next playing, if it is OK, I'll continue this save.

History:

16/17 - Billericay - 22nd in Conf South - Relegated.

Not the most awful start in Slough. Got blown out 6-2 against a top side away, then managed consecutive clean sheets for a win and a draw before losing another away game 3-0.

World Cup was moved to Canada in our universe.

I have no idea how i made so much profit, although I didn't sign anyone and have 9k surplus wage budget now in my second season, have over 1 million in the bank but still cant attract anyone decent

Still, financial security must be nice! £9k is my entire wage budget. Shame you're having trouble finding decent players though.

Still, financial security must be nice! £9k is my entire wage budget. Shame you're having trouble finding decent players though.
I have no idea how i made so much profit, although I didn't sign anyone and have 9k surplus wage budget now in my second season, have over 1 million in the bank but still cant attract anyone decent

How on earth do you get those budgets? My entire wage budget is £5.5k p/w!

My first season wage budget was only £5.75k - promotion led to a bit of an increase to just under £9k.

Ah, yes. Promotion, that will help out. Didn't think about that, so I was kind of surprised of how generous your chairman was.

But even with a horribly low budget, we can still push some of the big boys around! :)

Didn't spot the "U21s" part there for a minute... :thup:

It was close enough for me to be happy. They did sport some first teamers like Dembele and Yedlin though.

£9K would be a luxury! I've started w/ £4K wage budget (no xfer funds!)

Archived