dafuge's FM16 challenge

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Late update for my season. Playing as Darlington 1883 and am absolutely flying in the league. Somehow in 2nd position on the table and hot on the tail of 1st with about 8 games to go. here is the league table : http://imgur.com/wdlqyW9

And found an absolute beast of a target man that is banging them in left right and centre : http://imgur.com/SFLeGiH

P.S can anyone tell me how to get the images to show up in this post instead of me just putting the links in ? quite a noob at advanced forums.

Cheers. anyway back to it. Hopefully i get a promotion party starting on my first season.

Late update for my season. Playing as Darlington 1883 and am absolutely flying in the league. Somehow in 2nd position on the table and hot on the tail of 1st with about 8 games to go. here is the league table : http://imgur.com/wdlqyW9

And found an absolute beast of a target man that is banging them in left right and centre : http://imgur.com/SFLeGiH

P.S can anyone tell me how to get the images to show up in this post instead of me just putting the links in ? quite a noob at advanced forums.

Cheers. anyway back to it. Hopefully i get a promotion party starting on my first season.

I'm playing as darlington 1883 as well, finished midtable in first season but on course for promotion in the second.

out of interest what are your finances like as I have nearly a million in the bank?

I'm playing as darlington 1883 as well, finished midtable in first season but on course for promotion in the second.

out of interest what are your finances like as I have nearly a million in the bank?

Weird, i am currently sitting on 77K with 1 game to go on my current season.

Being a resident of the great city of Salford and with them being eligible for this challenge for the first time, it has to be The Ammies for me!

Mr. Lim has given me a rather healthy wage budget so I went a bit mad in the transfer (read: free agent) market and I'm currently unbeaten in my first 15 and one game away from the FA Cup first round. Full update to follow.

Jsar - Chippenham Town - Vanarama Conference South- 2016/17

After an amazing start to the season with George Cater leading the line, that saw us go 10 games undefeated, in the end we had to get promoted the hard way via the playoffs and on penalties in the final!

The Winter was tough with us losing a lot more games than we won and I started to think that a slump down the table was unavoidable but bringing Marley Bishop-Wisdom back off of loan for the final few months of the season meant we returned to our winning ways.

Cups where both disappointing with us being knocked out in the third qualifying round in both.

Unsurprisingly the end of Season Awards pretty much all went to George Cater, somewhat surprisingly as I hadn't won a manager of the month all year I did manage to pick up the Manager of the season award.

Season    |     League          |     Position    |    Europe    |    Top scorer         |    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17           | Conference South |          4th    |      N/A       |  George Cater (25)|   Promoted via playoffs

kTaSBVj.png

Metropolitan Police - Vanarama National League - 2017/18 - Seventeenth

We had the worst defence in the league by far, but a cracking offence so we just need to get that in line I think and we will have a shot.

Youth Players

nil

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016/17       Met Police               England            Vanarama National League South         5th                  Playoff Final/Promotion
2017/18       Met Police               England            Vanarama National League                17th                  

Next Season

Beef up the defence

Get out of this stupid league

Facility News

Stadium Upgrade by 1000 seats

Youth Facilities upgrade

Major Competition Winners

Vanarama National League - Wrexham, Ebbsfleet

FA Cup - Man City

FA Trophy - Eastleigh

English Premier League - Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd, Tottenham, Newcastle

Championship - Brighton, Derby, Swansea

Champions League - PSG

Euro - Liverpool

nuNik2D.png

Leamington - 2017/18 (Season 2)

Competitions

Vanarama National League: 9th

FA Cup: 4th Qualifying Round (def. by Gateshead)

FA Trophy: 4th Round (def. by Forest Green)

A season of mid-table obscurity was more than fine with me after our playoff promotion last season. We bounced around mid-table all year, going as low as 18th early on and actually getting as high as 6th late on, but we never really looked likely to get involved in the fights at either end of the table. At the top, while we eventually finished only 4 points outside of the playoffs, it was never really on the cards. At the wrong end, the bottom four detached themselves early on and we were never even within ten points of the drop zone.

In the cups, it once again took a replay to beat us in both competitions - and took extra time and penalties on top of that to dump us out of the FA Trophy at the quarter final stage - just when we were starting to think that glory might be possible. In 23 years of playing these games, that's one trophy I've never won.

Squad and Transfers

Club Overview | First Team Squad | Transfers | Finances

With the step up to the new division, strengthening the squad was obviously vital. Most of our new signings came from players released by Premier League clubs - cast offs from such luminaries as Aston Villa, Everton, Manchester City, and West Ham added a little quality to the team, though honestly none of them would likely be good enough for life in League 2. Finances aren't looking great as we slipped into the red this season despite me being thrifty and staying £1k beneath my weekly wage budget. We could really use a good FA Cup run and a draw against a big team to keep us going for a few seasons.

Jamie Tank (D C) - 38 apps (3 goals) - 7.28 average rating: After refusing to sign a new contract until the last minute last season, we were glad to have the Tank back at the heart of our defence, and once again the club captain proved to be our best player.

Joel Coustrain (AM L) - 41 apps (10 goals) - 7.18 average rating: Brought in on a free during the summer, this Irish winger gave us some pace down the left hand side and added 14 assists to his 10 goals.

Luke Clark (AM C) - 43 apps (9 goals) - 7.10 average rating: One of last season's new signings, Clark has really evolved nicely this season, settling comfortably into the advanced playmaker role in my 4-2-3-1 formation.

History

Season     Division                        Pos    FA Cup    Lg Cup    Other Comps     Continental Comps    Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    Vanarama National North         2nd    1st Rnd   N/A       FAT: 2nd Rnd    N/A                  Promoted via playoffs
2017/18    Vanarama National League        9th    4th Qual  N/A       FAT: 4th Rnd    N/A                  -

[size=1]FAT: FA Trophy[/size]

jsar - congrats on promotion! George Cater looks pretty nice - decent speed, finishing, and heading. Think he can make the step up to the next level?

deadfncat - 17th is good enough, right? Give yourself some time to sort that defence out and you'll be in good shape. Speaking of which - 110 goals conceded? Were you on the end of some big defeats (other than the 18-1 obviously) or was it more conceding a couple of goals every single game?

TRlcO7m.png

Colwyn Bay FC - Vanarama North - 2016/17

My first season at Welsh Colwyn Bay was a success! We managed to do well in both the League and FA Cup. We did however miss out on luck at the play-offs. Overall a great start to the challenge. I decided to play fluid offensive football resulting in us dominating most matches, but also costing goals against us at devastating moments. In the end my philosophy is to play offensive football.

League Table

We were consistent throughout the season, pretty much always around the play-off spots securing the last spot at match day 42. In the semi-final we dominated Brackley in both matches, but bad luck and poor finishing ended out hopes for promotion in our first year.

FA Cup

A great run. We had luck in the draws and got all the way to the second round. Mansfield, who at the time was bottom of League Two, was however too big of a challenge.

FA Throphy

Nothing specific to mention. I chose to focus on FA Cup and the league instead.

Notable events:

Youth facilities upgraded - This however is a costly affair damaging our finances.

Joey Johnson league topscorer - Joey was great throughout the season. He is however unwilling to sign a new contract at the moment. Poor kid is worrying about our finances.

Career Overview

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama North               5th         Loss in play-off finals

Next Season

Building up better squad and take a shot at promotion. I'm having problems extending my players contracts, so I'll have to be very active in the transfer market.

Some great first seasons here, I'm still trying to figure out how I have nearly a million in the bank.

Thinking it may be a bug so uploading my save in the beta forums to get some more info, if it is a bug il be restarting as wouldn't want an unfair advantage

Gutted! Got fired about halfway into the new season after being bottom of the table without a win in the 21 matches played so far. My tactic from last season didn't work combined with the loss of most of my best players last season took its toll.

Good luck iRomijn! Ashton has proven to be fun so far. I've just hit the mid point of the season, sitting 7th on 35 points (7 off of the leaders Nuneaton). Out of both the FAC and FAT, both in the final qualifying rounds. FAC I fell to VN Wrexham, so that wasn't too bad..... in the FAT I fell to a underdogs Glossop...which was somewhat humiliating. Oh well....leaves all the time for the league.

Burns is sitting on 17 goals, and John Lesley van Engel (who started on my King's Lynn side in FM15) has 14 of his own. The two make quite a potent strike force!

jsar - congrats on promotion! George Cater looks pretty nice - decent speed, finishing, and heading. Think he can make the step up to the next level?

deadfncat - 17th is good enough, right? Give yourself some time to sort that defence out and you'll be in good shape. Speaking of which - 110 goals conceded? Were you on the end of some big defeats (other than the 18-1 obviously) or was it more conceding a couple of goals every single game?

I had lots of games where it would be 4-7 and crazy scores like that :p

does this look like a bug? being able to adjust my Transfer budget to £78k at this point seems to good to be true especially at the cost of only £1.k off my wage allowance

c3gVM4C.png

Doesn't seem crazy - think the conversion rate was similar for me. Also back of the napkin logic is - taking away 1k of wages per week saves you about 50k over course of year = ~50k extra transfer budget.

Whether that is how it's supposed to be, I don't know!

Doesn't seem crazy - think the conversion rate was similar for me. Also back of the napkin logic is - taking away 1k of wages per week saves you about 50k over course of year = ~50k extra transfer budget.

Whether that is how it's supposed to be, I don't know!

Yeah posted it on the bug forums and seemed to be the same from others, so will carry on with the save as is. Just seemed a lot based on previous years version of the challenge, generally don't get any transfer funds at this level.

Yeah posted it on the bug forums and seemed to be the same from others, so will carry on with the save as is. Just seemed a lot based on previous years version of the challenge, generally don't get any transfer funds at this level.

I'm normally more interested in giving up any transfer budget the board are willing to give me to maximize my wage budget for free transfers!

I'm normally more interested in giving up any transfer budget the board are willing to give me to maximize my wage budget for free transfers!

Normally the same, only noticed as i needed to pay some compensation to get a couple of reasonably decent players.

Archived