• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kTaSBVj.png

Metropolitan Police - Sky Bet League 2 - 2019/20 - Twenty-First

Youth Players

nil

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016/17       Met Police               England            Vanarama National League South         5th                  Playoff Final/Promotion
2017/18       Met Police               England            Vanarama National League                17th                  
2018/19       Met Police               England            Vanarama National League                 1st                   Champions  
2019/20       Met Police               England            Sky Bet League 2                             21st                   Survival

Next Season

Sign a few key players and cut the junk

Decide on a tactic and become amazing at it

mid table-playoffs

Facility News

The stadium upgrade was completed taking us to 3500 or so. Another 453 seats and 1k standing is being built now to take our ground to 5k total.

Youth facilities is being upgraded again for 925k and recruitment and coaching have been boosted.

Major Competition Winners

Sky Bet League 2 - Leyton Orient, Coventry, Accrington, Newport Co

FA Cup - Chelsea

Capital One Cup - Man City

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Rochdale

English Premier League - Man City, Tottenham, Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham

Championship - Fulham, Brighton, Sheff Wed.

Champions League - Man Utd

Euro - Atletico

A League - Adelaide Utd/Melb City

2 hours isnt really that long with this reloading stuff. I have never seen those teams or heard of them being loaded :/

True...not that long...but still sad :)

Only one I have which vaguely interests me is Whitby. Will keep trying for a while though.

Skelmersdale United - Vanarama Conference North - 2016-2019

Season Reports

First two seasons i finished 13th, 10th then 2nd gaining promotion through the playoffs.

League Table

16/17 12th

17/18 10th

18/19 2nd

Games

Finances- I have 2.7 million left from my huge windfall when i almost entered administration and my board sold my training facilities and got a 800k loan.

FA Cup - I got nowhere here going out early in all 3 seasons.

Squad - Florent Bojaj has done well for me but despite my coaches/scouts saying he could be a league 1 player he doesn't appear to be doing it. I managed to sign Jose Quitongo's son Rico at left back. He's been a mainstay but probably wont make the jump to the conference. Ismael Bouzid (former hearts player) signed for me in the last season but has recently retired so he wont be making the jump either.

Its going to be hard next season as i need to sign a completely new first team with only a couple of players continuing on.

Key Player Profiles

nil

Player of the Season

nil

Youth Players

nil

Career Overview

[color=#333333][font=Comic Sans MS]
Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[font=georgia]2016/17       Skelmersdale United                           England            Vanarama National League North                                 12th
2017/18       [/font][font=georgia]Skelmersdale United[/font][font=georgia]                           England            Vanarama National League North                                 10th                  [/font]
[font=georgia]2018/19       [/font][font=georgia]Skelmersdale United[/font][font=georgia]                           England            Vanarama National League North                                  2nd                                  Promoted through playoffs[/font]
[font=georgia]
[/font]
[/font][/color]

Next Season

I need to sign a new first team

Facility News

The stadium is being upgrade to a 4500 capacity stadium

Youth facilities is being upgraded for 600kodd and recruitment and coaching have been boosted.

Season 2 Darlington

So far the clubs been good on funding training courses for me - about to start the National A Licence.

3 month round-up

P 16 W 8 D 5 L 3 F 23 A 18 29 pts currently 5th Top Scorer 2 players on 7 Highest Avr Tom Koblenz my German midfielder who was released by Derby

Well a curious 1st two months, in Aug W 4 D 2 conceding 3 goals in total, almost at the end of Sept and my back 4 seem to have fallen apart with 13 goals conceded in 6 games. October produced a better mix of results 2-1-1 only 4 conceded this month. No right back of mine is managing to average 6.6.

11th November was a bad day for managers with 6 across the Conference getting fired including the Hednesford boss after they lost to us. My 1st job offer is from .... Alfreton who are 20th in the VCN! Only 3 matches in November 1-1-1 5 goals conceded including an exit from the FAT by an own goal.

2nd offer of an interview from H&W this time. 13th another offer - this time Boston. 14th December - Hednesford Town. Rather bizarrely Harry Kewell was managing Dover and has now gone to Eastleigh.

December was a bit of a curates egg 2-1-2 8 goals conceded. Still hanging around the play-offs in 5th.

And January brings the offer of another interview, hopefully that means I'm doing something right.

6th Month Update

P 28 W 12 D 8 L 8 F 39 A 39 Pts 44 current position 7th Joint top scorers 2 on 10 T Koblenz still holds the top avr rating but it's dropped by 0.2.

As you can see the last 12 games have seen a massive drop in form and demonstrate how much my defence has fallen away.

Feb 2018 W 2 L 2 3 conceded.

Mar 2018 W 1 L 3 5 conceded the only team I beat in March was the 6th placed side, losing to the 19th, 17th placed sides.

April draws with the 21st and 22nd placed teams the equaliser against the 22nd placed team was yet another own goal by my defence, playing the 19th placed team and it's a draw, next up 20th placed team lost 1-2 the winner yup og by my keeper last two games are away to the 2nd placed side and home to the 6th placed side lost 0-3 and 0-2.

Final record

P42 W15 D 11 L 16 F 49 A 56 Pts 56 Pos 13th

Oh and I actually won MoM in August.

In my last 26 games my record was 7-6-13 26 scored 38 conceded.

Aim for next year - sort out the right back slot and try to get better results against teams in the bottom 6 of the table.

220px-JBkpZgj2.jpeg

Salford City - Sky Bet League 1- 2022/23

After walking away with the league title last season I was expecting a tough challenge in League One. Things started well as we won our first two games before getting beaten 3-0 in our third. This lead me to believe we should survive and hopefully get mid table. We then only lost two matches for the remainder of the calendar year and sat 11 points clear at the top of the table by Christmas. We had a slight wobble in February losing 3 matches in 4 games before we got our act back together and won the league on April 1st with 6 games still to play. We ran away with the title and can look forward to playing in to Championship next season.

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - First and second round exits in all competitions. Disappointing.

Squad - I wanted to revamp the squad but the budget was barely increased and with wage increases I couldn't strengthen Brought in a couple of loans and a relied on the players from last season and it paid off.

Finances - Back in debt. Yay!

Key Player Profiles:

Ben Wain - Contract is up this summer and wont negotiate. Refused £900k offers in January as would rather lose on a free and get promoted. 25 goals in 45.

Daniel Powell- Top scored from the right wing again. top player but at 32 he wont be around much longer.

George Evans - Often goes unnoticed but this season had a stormer in the middle of the park. Hopefully he can step up.

Next Season

Survival

Improve the squad

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17         Vanarama North              3rd               Lost playoff final  
2017/18         Vanarama North              1st               Champions
2018/19         Vanarama National           1st               Champions 
2019/20         League 2                    8th
2020/21         League 2                    8th
2021/22         League 2                    1st               Champions
2022/23         League 1                    1st               Champions

Hampton & Richmond Borough Season 2017/2018 February update

Twelve games left and we've finally hit a run of good form and are rushing up the league table. Can we make it last and get the promotion to the National league?

K5jCcqr.png

The defence is really stepping up. Now lets go get that promotion.

COYH&R!:rolleyes:

I'm slowly making progress with Skelmersdale and after 29 games we are currently in 13th - 16 points clear of relegation and 16 points away from top of the table. Weirdly it has also taken until the end of January for a penalty to be awarded in one of my games (which we scored) and so far there haven't been any red cards for or against me which makes a nice change from FM15.

Of course it wouldn't be Dafuge's Challenge without conceding a goal like this, though no idea why it was classed as an own goal:

[video=youtube_share;FaJs4996wpw]

Season One proved to be a very frustrating affair. We had runs of brilliance, followed by equal length runs of downright abysmal football. A fast start had me hoping -- 11 points in a run of 5 w/o a loss to start...then things fell apart completely. Over the next 6 matches we managed a single goal, and a single point, dropping us toward the bottom of the table. A break, and a win, in the FAC 2QR had me hoping we would turn things around, but we lost another league game (for 7 w/o a win) before a short winning streak of 3 games. Then four losses (1 goal scored in the stretch). Then 3 wins. Then 4 losses (1 goal scored in the stretch). And on and on.

In the end, we finished 16th, sealing our safety just 3 matches from the end of the season. Then...the team went on vacation, managing a total of 4 shots in the final 120 minutes of football (0-0 draw vs already relegated Chorley, 1-0 loss against eventual play-off winner AFC Fylde). I'll need to work on coaching the lads to finish things off next season.

Things might have gone better, but we had some serious injuries crop up, early and often. I lost starting midfielder Malcom Melvin in the preseason for 10+ months with torn cruciate ligaments. I lost leading goal-scorer Nathan Ricketts-Hopkinson for the final two matches of the season with strained knee ligaments. I lost starting goalkeeper Lewis Gwilliams for 6 weeks with a sprained ankle. (Gwilliams was my 2nd starter--my original starter was poached early on too).

With the injuries and players being poached...I was extremely thin in the early part of the season. Already near my salary budget limits (which stood at £3500/wk), I had to keep my signings to just a few p/t and whatever NC signings I could find (and they were few). MC Sean Kinsella, young DM Alberto Garcia, and emergency loan GK Jack Stevens all proved useful...but my personal signing of the season came just a couple of matches before I lost leading goalscorer for the season -- youngster Liam Sayers, who came on and finished the season, scoring 7 goals and 3 assists in 9(3) appearances to end the season. He was likely instrumental to us staying afloat for another season.

PROMOTION/PLAYOFFS

Not even close this season.

Cup Competitions

Not much going on in the Cups---we lost in both cups to Vanarama National division teams. The FAT was a particularly tough match, as we went away ton in-form Wrexham, who at the time were sitting atop the Vanarama National conference and on a 23 match unbeaten streak! The 0-1 loss was actually a credit to the team.

Additional Details

Team of the Season

Best XI Inductees --

Historical Best XI

Fans Player of the Season: Nathan Ricketts-Hopkinson, who was sitting on 17 goals when he went down injured 2 months from the end of the season, earned 47% of the vote.

Signing of the Season: Ben Drennan (free)

Young Player of the Season: Nathan Ricketts-Hopkinson

Other awards:

Top Academy Graduate

S1: Fullback Dave Clarke -- Potential to be useful in the lower leagues...perhaps he'll backup current starting fullback Hatch next season

Team, Individual, and league records

A host of records were set or broken this year: (* denotes ongoing record-bold indicates record broke current season)

[b][i][u]Sutton Coldfield-- Team[/u][/i][/b]
[b]Highest League Position -- 2nd in Vanarama North (2015/16)[/b]
[b]Highest Attendance -- 776 (vs Whitby, FAC3QR, 8 Oct 2016)[/b] (previous record:  )
[b]Highest Gate Receipts -- £13.23k (vs Whitby, FAC3QR, 8 Oct 2016)[/b] (previous record: )
[b]Average Attendance -- 220 (2016/17)[/b] (previous high: )
[b]Biggest Win -- 5-2 (vs FC United, 31 Dec 2016)[/b]
[b]Highest Scoring Game -- 4-3 (vs North Ferriby, 20 Aug 2016)[/b]
[b]Most Games won in a Row -- 3 (4 Oct - 15 Oct 2016)[/b] (previous high: )
[b]Most Games without Losing -- 5 (6-23 Aug 2016)[/b] (Previous high: )
[b]Most Games without Winning -- 7, (23 Aug - 20 Sept 2016)[/b]  (Previous high: )
[b]Most games without conceding -- 2 (9-13 Aug 2016)[/b] (Previous high: )
[b][i][u]Sutton Coldfield -- Individual[/u][/i] [/b]
[b]Top Goalscorer -- Nathan Ricketts-Hopkinson --17 (2016/17)[/b] (previous record: ) 
[b]Top League Goalscorer -- Nathan Ricketts-Hopkinson -- 15 (2016/17)[/b] (previous record: )
[b]Most Goals in a match -- Aaron Knight -- 3 (20 Aug 2016 v North Ferriby)[/b] (Previous record: )
[b]Most Assists -- Jamie Hatch -- 10 (2016/17)[/b] (previous record: )
[b]Highest AvR --Nathan Ricketts-Hopkinson -- 7.03[/b] (2016/17)
[b]Most Player of Match awards -- Nathan Ricketts-Hopkinson -- 4 (2016/17)[/b] (previous record: )
[b]Most League goals for club -- Robin Watson -- 251*[/b] (previous record) John Lesley Van Engel (103)
[b]Most League Appearances for club -- Robyn Watson (394*)[/b](previous record, John Lesley Van Engel (291)
[b]Youngest player -- Alberto Garcia (DM), 16y358d[/b] (previous record: )
[b]Oldest player -- Phil Trainer (DM), 35y272d[/b] (previous record: )
[b]Youngest Goalscorer -- Liam Sayers (Striker), 18y296d[/b] (previous record: )
[b]Oldest Goalscorer -- Anthony McNamee (AML), 32y213d[/b] (previous record: )
[b]Fastest Goal -- Aaron Knight, 1minute 57 seconds (20 Aug 2016 -- vs North Ferriby)[/b]  (previous record: )

Promoted from the Regional Premier Division Teams:

Dulwich Hamlet, Hednesford, Bognor Regis, Weymouth, Colwyn Bay, Learnington

League Winners (relegated)

EPL Man City (Leicester, West Ham, Middlesbrough)

Championship Fulham (Rotherham, Bradford City, Bolton)

League One Barnsley (Oldham, Chesterfield, Fleetwood, Blackpool)

League Two Luton (Accrington, York)

Vanarama Conference Wrexham (Solihull Moors, Nuneaton, Guiseley, Aldershot)

Vanarama North Alfreton (Gloucester, Chorley, FC United)

Vanarama South Eastnourne Boro (Bishop's Stortford, Welling, Dorchester)

Cup Winners

English FA Cup Arsenal (v Crystal Palace)

Capital One Cup Arsenal (vs Everton)

Jonhstone's Paint Trophy Wycombe (vs Fleetwood)

English FA Trophy Harrogate (vs Gateshead)

Football Manager Cup Watford (vs AFC Wimbledon)

Euro Qualifcation

Champions League Group Stage: Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea

Champions League Best Placed Playoff: Liverpool

Euro Cup Group Stage: Man United, Tottenham

Euro Cup Playoff:

Euro Cup 3rd QR: Everton

Euro Cup 1st QR:

Continental Achievements

Everton -- Eliminated from Euro Cup First Knockout round (by Trabzonspor)

Man Utd -- Eliminated from Champions League First Knockout round (by Dortmund)

Tottenham -- Eliminated from Euro Cup Second Knockout Round (By Olympique Lyonnais)

Chelsea -- Eliminated from Champions League Quarter Final (by Man City)

Arsenal -- Eliminated from Champions League Semi Final (By Man City)

Liverpool -- Eliminated from Euro Cup Semi Final (by Sporting (POR))

Man City -- Won Champions League (vs Dortmund)

Extra detail

We obviously failed to impress everyone this season, as, in spite of exceeding pre-season expectations (in all competitions at that), our rep is still lowest in the VNLN. That's not bad..even expected...but there are still 52 teams in the lower divisions that have a higher reputation too!

What's Next?

Consolidation and a push for a mid-table or better finish next season. The board as increased my salary budget by a significant amount, allowing me nearly £5500p/w next season...so I should be able to sign a couple of quality players. I've already started by unearthing this youngster, and getting him on a 2-yr youth contract at £5 p/w. With him, Sayers, and Ricketts-Hopkinson I hope I have a strike force to do substantial harm to opposing defences (we finished 21st in goals scored in our first season). I suspect I need a solid playmaker or two to help set the strikers up --- I think I averaged less than 10 shots/game in total. (Averaging 16th in cross completion and 20th in pass completion---yes..I need to get some playmakers!)

Defensively we have room for improvement...but at 12th in goals conceded we weren't terrible. I still need a marquee keeper if I can find one (and afford one)...and maybe a rotation/backup DC...but otherwise I'm fairly happy in that department.

Career Overview

Season		Team		     League		Position(Predicted)		Achievements
2016/17	Sutton Coldfield	Vanarama North		    16(19)		        Survived!		

I've not tried FMC, can all the rules in the opening post be followed using it?

No, not really. It's like a different game. Some things will be easier, some things harder; or maybe everything is just easier.

The specific things that may give you cause.

There's no attribute masking. The only advanced options are the date when the game starts and the database size.

There are no coaching badges or attributes, though you can start with Sunday league reputation. (There are attributes for media handling and tactical consistency, but you can't influence them at the start I think).

I'm unsure how many players (if any) you would have in a newly promoted team.

So, look doing this challenge on Touch is radically different. I guess each challenge has to make its own decision on inclusiveness. On the Ultimate Challenge we welcome Touch players, but then we're trying to establish ourselves. We'll let you do the challenge using Call of Duty if it's going to make you join in.

Our Hall of Fame records what version of the game the challenge was completed on because some people (and I admit I include myself in this) regard a challenge completion using Touch as being intrinsically different from Full-Fat. Also our challenge started after FM Classic. Perhaps, Dafuge, you will believe that the nature and history of this challenge excludes Touch.

G_D_K - your season wasn't too bad considering you couldn't sign too many. Target the ex prem youngsters its surprising how many will join when released in Jun.

If its makes you feel better after 3 and a half seasons as St Neots, there are still 11 lower league teams higher in rep and only 1 VNLN/S lower.

Bad start for my keepers 1st choice has a fractured skull and my 2nd choice has just broken his wrist.

On the plus side I managed to get Oliver Byrne who'd just been released by Man Utd in.

After 2 years of using a 4-4-2 I've decided to switch to a 3-1-4-2 a formation I've not used before.

And my board are continuing to fund training courses for me now studying for a Continental C badge.

Well my 1st season with Darlington completed - I avoided relegation on the last day of the season!

Well done! I was fired before Christmas. Will try again soon but really struggled in my first attempt at managing at this level. As soon as results weren't going our way morale plummeted. I couldn't rally the troops and it wasn't long before I "lost the dressing room".

Any tips from seasoned Vanorama managers would be welcome:).

Grays Athletic

Season Summary 20-21

League 1

Final Position 8

The League:

Season started of fantastic with 3 straight wins. Followed by a tons of injuries this season, it was really hard to get into a consistant phase with a regular squad. We were in the top 10 all season, and getting to the playoffs or even the 3rd place,

was a real possibility. Unfortunately during the last 4 games, we only managed to secure 4 points - placing us in a final position of 8th. Overall for the first season in L1, following straight promotions, that has to be acceptable.

The Cups:

FA Cup: 1st round was against Cambridge City and was a small 1-0 win, despite us having soo many chances. 2nd round we got payback playing Blackburn (who beat us in the JPT final last season) and took a 4-2 win. In the 3rd round we had an amazing game and played 2-2 away to Stoke. The return game also ended 2-2 and we were fortunate to advance on penalties. 4th round was the exit point, as Tottenham came to visit and knocked us out with a 0-4.

Capital One: 1st round saw a beat Leyton 4-2. In the 2nd round, Aston Villa got revenge and beat us 1-2 in extra time.

JPT: 1st round we beat Barnet 4-0. 2nd round Cambridge 2-0. Quarter Final Birmingham came to visit and after 2-2 we won on penalties. Semi Final we played Charlton, this game also ended 2-2, but this time, Charlton won the shootout and went on to win the trophy.

The Players:

Christian Kjetil Haug GK - Was our main reason we faired so well. Unfortunately he did not wan't to sign a new contract and will be joining Vålerange in the next season :(

David Jensen DC (previously FC Vestsjælland) was an amazing defender for us, doubt he will sign a new contract come next season.

Flemming Sørensen DM (previusly FC Fredericia) another great danish prospect, am hoping i can keep him for some seasons, am sure he will turn out great.

Danilo Pantic MC (previously Chealsea) 18 assists in 43 games and brilliant on the midfield. He did partly break our finances, as his 14k wage demand was the lowest he would accept. But worth it!

Filip Valencic AML. Had another great season and banging in 17 goals in 45 games.

Victor Manuel Diez SC (previously Zamora) Had a few injuuries, but banged in 21 goals in 36 games. Great prospect.

The Extras:

Highlight of this season was board suggesting scouting in Europe. A lot of great prospects waiting on shortlist for the club to find the finances! And speaking of those, those extremely low attendances, are really starting to hurt. Depending how the finances turn out, next season will be securing the current contracts and hopefully find the money to get a few new players, including a new keeper! News from Premier League. Man Utd has Michael Laudrup as manager!

Season	League	Pos	Europe		FA Cup	Cap One	FAT/JPT
16-17	VNS	1st	None		3d Qua	None	Final
17-18	VN	11th	None		2nd Rnd	None	FAT Winners
18-19	VN	1st	None		2nd Rnd	None	2nd Rnd
19-20	L2	1st	None		5th Rnd	2nd Rnd	Runner Up
20-21	L1	8th	None		4th Rnd	2nd Rnd	Semi-Final

No, not really. It's like a different game. Some things will be easier, some things harder; or maybe everything is just easier.

The specific things that may give you cause.

There's no attribute masking. The only advanced options are the date when the game starts and the database size.

There are no coaching badges or attributes, though you can start with Sunday league reputation. (There are attributes for media handling and tactical consistency, but you can't influence them at the start I think).

I'm unsure how many players (if any) you would have in a newly promoted team.

So, look doing this challenge on Touch is radically different. I guess each challenge has to make its own decision on inclusiveness. On the Ultimate Challenge we welcome Touch players, but then we're trying to establish ourselves. We'll let you do the challenge using Call of Duty if it's going to make you join in.

Our Hall of Fame records what version of the game the challenge was completed on because some people (and I admit I include myself in this) regard a challenge completion using Touch as being intrinsically different from Full-Fat. Also our challenge started after FM Classic. Perhaps, Dafuge, you will believe that the nature and history of this challenge excludes Touch.

Ta, no worries. I've started the holidaying on a full fat version.

England managers

Roy Hodgson 14/05/2012-24/07/2016 Retired

Frank de Boer 37/07/2016 - 15/07/2018 Resigned after falling at the group stage

Roberto Martinez 22/07/2018

Wayne Rooney watch

2016/17 Played 3 games for Man Utd

2016/17 Signed by Arsenal for £17.75 million Plays 17 games scores 2

2018/19 Loaned to Levante in La Liga

G_D_K - your season wasn't too bad considering you couldn't sign too many. Target the ex prem youngsters its surprising how many will join when released in Jun.

If its makes you feel better after 3 and a half seasons as St Neots, there are still 11 lower league teams higher in rep and only 1 VNLN/S lower.

Obviously keeping an eye out on my scout reports for those types of youth (house rule for me...I only sign players that my scouts have actually taken a look at...and only sign staff that answer adverts...adds to the challenge :) ). Gotten a couple gems in already...including a much better keeper (which was a key target), and a really good youngster that....seemed to come from nowhere, looking at his history (signed him 2 Jun 2017 as a free agent---he has *no* history before that! But...he's scored a brace in his debut, so he's living up to his promise!

I did get a little bit of breathing room, as the board increased my salary budget from £3500 to £5500 p/w...so I can actually afford somewhere from 6-8 new players. We'll see what I can come up with.

As to rep...I knew it would take a while...I did start with an extremely low rep team in the first place. If I recall my King's Lynn save from FM15...it took 4 VNL + 1 VN seasons just for me to get a rep above all of the lower league division teams. But once it got to that point...it climbed pretty fast. So no worries yet.

Hampton & Richmond Borough Season 2017/2018

Friday night play-offs

QxvEsV9.png

We made the play-offs. Safe to say, the outcome of these matches will have an immense impact on my mood the rest of the weekend. Time to take a deep breath, crack open a beer and lets do this!

I also got a quite decent attacking midfielder in the youth intake:

Jermaine Wilkins, I have high hopes for this kid

kTaSBVj.png

Metropolitan Police - Sky Bet League 2 - 2020/21 - Twelfth

Youth Players

nil

Career Overview

2016/17       Met Police               England            Vanarama National League South         5th                  Playoff Final/Promotion
2017/18       Met Police               England            Vanarama National League                17th                  
2018/19       Met Police               England            Vanarama National League                 1st                   Champions  
2019/20       Met Police               England            Sky Bet League 2                             21st                   Survival
2020/21       Met Police               England            Sky Bet League 2                             12th                   

Next Season

progress higher and string together more wins

Sign some more quality

Playoff spot

Facility News

500 more stading room being installed which will take us to 5k total

Major Competition Winners

Sky Bet League 2 - Chesterfield, Carlisle, Barrow, Exeter

FA Cup - Liverpool

Capital One Cup - Man Utd

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Rotherham

English Premier League - Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool, Stoke

Championship - Nottm Forest, Sheff Utd, Huddersfield

Champions League - Man City

Euro - Dortmund

A League - CCM/Adelaide Utd

I didnt win the play-offs, so I'll have to brace myself for another season in the Vanarama South league:( Season review will come later. But now I want to ask you fellow challengers for help. I found a quite interesting young striker, that I'm able to sign for about £40k + £60k after 50 games. Its a lot of money for a club with our finances, but i can just squeeze it through by adjusting my budgets. Here is the player in question:

yjwWX4K.png

16 in finishing and decent stats for off the ball, composure and heading looks so tantalizing. Here is his scouting report, bad personality and a lack of ambition.

I ended the season playing 4-2-3AMC-1 with a poacher up top, my thinking is that this guy will be able to put an end product to my attacking moves. On the financial side of things I'm already about £40k in the red.

Now I'm going to bed, would love to hear if you think I should pull the trigger on this deal, and why/why not.

FMKING_zpsjntgmtfc.png

SEASON 2023-24 Barclays Premier League

League

Our first season in the premier league. I had no idea how we were going to go. We started very well which made me think we may be able to push for a mid table finish and after 8 games and a 2-1 win against Manchester United we sat in the European spots! Then disaster hit my team just couldnt buy a win! 13 games we went without a win losing 10 of them and i was starting to worry! Although alot of the games we lost by the odd goal we couldnt hold on to leads! Changed my approach to a standard style of play and slowlt started grinding out results. Managed to get 3 wins in a row against teams beow us which released the pressure and survived with 2 games left!

FIXTURES 1 |FIXTURES 2 | LEAGUE TABLE

Cups

Still Awful in all cups!

CUP FIXTURES

Squad and Club Info

Squad | Home Screen|Transfers | Season Review| Best 11 | Top Goalscorer | Fans Player

[font=system]Season Division Pos FA Cup Lg Cup Other Comps Continental Comps Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17 Vanarama National South 4th 3rd qual rd N/A FAT: 3rd qual rd N/A lost in playoff final
2017/18 Vanarama National South 1st 3rd qual rd N/A FAT: 3rd qual rd N/A Champions, Manager of the year
2018/19 Vanarama National Conference 1st ​ 4th qual rd N/A FAT: Winners N/A Champions, FA Trophy winners, Manager of the year
2019/20 SkyBet League 2 1st 2nd rd 1st rd JPT: Sth 1/4 final N/A Champions, Manager of the year
2020/21 SkyBet League 1 2nd 1st rd 1st rd JPT: 2nd rd N/A Runners up, Manager of the year
2021/22 SkyBet Championship 10th 3rd rd 2nd rd N/A N/A
2022/23 Skybet Championship 1st 4th rd 1st rd N/A N/A Champions, Manager of the year
2023/24 Barclays Premier League 15th 3rd rd 4th rd N/A N/A
[/font]

220px-JBkpZgj2.jpeg

Salford City - Sky Bet Championship - 2023/24

This was our first season in the Championship and it started really well. We stayed in and around the playoff positions until the midway point of the season and they we began to struggle around January time. We dropped off the pace for the playoffs and ended up coasting to the end of the season in a comfortable 11th place. Never in any danger of relegation and no chance of catching the promotion chasing pack. Despite dropping off the pace I am happy with our position as after back to back promotions hopefully we can consolidate next season and set up a promotion push in the next few years.

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - Made the 4th round of the FA Cup before being outclassed by Norwich City. Capital One Cup we made round 3 losing to WBA.

Squad - Big revamp on a limited budget. The board have given me an extra £21k p/w to spend on wages so hopefully I can add some quality to my side.

Finances - £5.25m Solidarity payment was a massive help. £3.8m in the bank.

Key Player Profiles:

Matt Leek - Good first season in the midfield. Hoping for more of the same next season.

Daniel Powell- Beginning to struggle with injuries now as only made 17 starts. Still scored 11 goals.

George Evans - Another good season and won our player of the year.

Next Season

Consolidate in Championship

Improve the squad

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17         Vanarama North              3rd               Lost playoff final  
2017/18         Vanarama North              1st               Champions
2018/19         Vanarama National           1st               Champions 
2019/20         League 2                    8th
2020/21         League 2                    8th
2021/22         League 2                    1st               Champions
2022/23         League 1                    1st               Champions
2023/24         Championship                11th

Hampton and Richmond Borough 2017/2018 Season Review

Vanarama National League South

4y4RVR7.jpg

League

My 2nd season proved to be a lot better than the first. We struggled in the start of the season,but after i brought in Fabio Saraiva our luck started to turn. The second half of the season we played really well, but unfortunatly we had a bit of a dip in form just before the end of the season and ended up 5th. This carried into the play-offs, and we were beaten 2-1 on aggregate vs Bromley in the semis. Our play-off goal was scored by Jermaine Wilkins who was pretty fresh out of our youth setup. Started to tinker a bit with or tactic toward the end of the season, and our starting tactic for the next season will be a 4-2-3AMC-1.

League table

Cups

FA-Cup: Had quite a good run in the big cup, which took us to the 1st round. Here we lost 3-1 at Carlisle in a close match where they scored the decisive goal after 90+ minutes. As the FA-cup screenshot shows, our youth product Barry Francis was the topscorer in the tournament. A decent accomplishment for our tiny club.

FA-Trophy: Not much to brag about here. Out in the 1st round.

Targets for the next season:

• Promotion!

• Keep up development of our youth products, primarly our rising star:

Managers choice for H&R Player of the Year:

1st place: Fabio Saraiva

Lower league legend Fabio Saraiva was sublime for us this season, and the driving force behind our improvement. 13 goals, 13 assist and 10 POM awards tell the story of a great season for the advanced playmaker. He scored multiple freekicks and his delivery from corners gave a extra dimension to our attack. After it was all said and done, he was awarded "Vanarama National League South Player of the Season"

2nd place: Aristede Bassele

The right winger once again had a good season for us. Improving on both his goals and assist tally from last season, only a immense season from Fabio Saraiva kept him from repeating as H&R Player of the Year

3rd place: Lewis Tallack

The everpresent central defender was solid throughout the season. Played 52 games, scoring 2 goals and picking up a measly 3 yellow cards. Ended up with an average rating of 7,07.

Fans awards

Finances and transfers:

Our finances was pretty good this season, with the FA-cup run acounting for this as we cashed in a decent amount. We ended the season with aprox a 40k profit bringing ourbalance up to -80k .

Once again we were active on the transfer market , but this season was different in that we actually payed money for a couple of our signings. Saraiva and Tallack was brought in and repayed me with 1st and 3rd in player of the season. The other to players who were payed for played only half a season: A young defender with potential in Mike Morris and Anton Walkes a speedy and versatile defender, who is rated as our best player by my assistant.

MCPlay - Nice to see Saraiva doing well, in 4 seasons he has not scored 1 direct free kick for me and only 2 corners a season. He has still been great however.

I also would not touch Morgan with a bargepole, you can easily find better for free, his low positioning, decisions and speed mean he would not take advantage of his high finishing. I don't sign casual players unless as a hot prospect who can be tutored.

Saraiva has 4 or 5 freekicks straight in the top corner for me:D Have yet to make a decision on Morgan, so thank you for the input. Correct me if I'm wrong but isnt "Positioning" related to defensive positioning? Whereas "Off the ball" relates to offensive positioning?

Saraiva has 4 or 5 freekicks straight in the top corner for me:D Have yet to make a decision on Morgan, so thank you for the input. Correct me if I'm wrong but isnt "Positioning" related to defensive positioning? Whereas "Off the ball" relates to offensive positioning?

You are right about off the ball, it seems that strikers with high mental attributes will score more than ones with high technical ones

Some incredible stories guys!

I'm joining in this year with my usual save which is the Dafuge challenge, with a personal twist.

Now, call me crazy, but in FM13 I managed Billericay Town with the forthcoming restrictions all the way to the Championship, albeit in 17 or 18 seasons.

The extra rules I'm personally abiding by:

No one of UK nationality (player or staff! - where the UK consists of English, Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish players).

All signings must be FREE (no compensation or possibility of future fees i.e. percentage of next sale).

So here I am as manager of Dulwich Hamlet:

Screen_Shot_2015_11_21_at_11_41_54.png

And under the restrictions I've set myself, THIS is the eligible first team:

Screen_Shot_2015_11_21_at_11_42_27.png

The consequences of this type of challenge means that I have a really unhappy camp. Getting rid of the entire team is a lot harder on this years version with the board blocking all contract terminations (compensation releases are "too expensive" even on youth contracts at £5 p/w!). Getting players to join isn't easy either, and having to build a squad all the way up until the first game of the season will mean the time to gel tactics and roles will be minimal, if any!

Here's to a season of trying to scrape wins and playing for the draw.

The extra rules I'm personally abiding by:

No one of UK nationality (player or staff! - where the UK consists of English, Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish players).

All signings must be FREE (no compensation or possibility of future fees i.e. percentage of next sale).

Well. That is crazy:D Looking forward to hear about your band of foreigners, should be a jolly good time!

You can hit the # symbol in the advanced reply editor:

0kOVXSq.png

Or just use the [C0DE] (use O instead of 0, obvs.) block like so:

[C0DE] *results go in here. [/C0DE]

If you hit "reply with quote" on any of our posts, you can see how it's done. I just keep my results in a text file.

Thanks for this part, but what do you do in game to actually get the results I assume in a text file format?

Such poor progress through the friendlies was expected for my team of foreign freebies:

Screen_Shot_2015_11_21_at_17_39_47.png

Losing so heavily to Met. Police and Faversham are two horrible indicators. First game is against Maidenhead.

35 free transfers in gives me a lot of choice, but not much quality to work with. The only players of note I would say are:

1. The legend that is Vincent Pericard. Bought by pompey for a $mill from Juventus in his prime, can the veteran offer something on the pitch as well as managing his scouting role for the club too.

2. Juanjo Muko is probably the most exciting prospect I've found. Released from Atletico, moving to Farnborough before we snapped him up on a free, the poacher will hopefully grab some important goals for us this season.

3. Captain Ian Simpemba has spent his life at this level and the CB is a definite starter. Can he help some of the younger prospects to one day hold down a first team place.

I knew already that conceding goals would be our biggest weakness. But the limited availability of a first team GK just makes shipping goals a formality. This is my only keeper, Daniel Barker who has 4 caps for the British Virgin Islands:

Screen_Shot_2015_11_21_at_18_51_55.png

Representing 25 different nationalities with an average age of 24 (helped higher by the player/staff role combinations) we have a total of 19 caps (from 7 players) and 2 goals (same player) at international level. Allowing players to travel to international matches does hinder the teams season at times in this challenge, but it is one of the things I've seen really help development in the long term.

Jsar - Chippenham Town - Vanarama Conference South- 2017/18

Not a very in depth round up for this season, we really struggled at the start of the season sinking as low as 17th by 10 games in. We spent most of the season in the mid teens but some last ditch wins towards the end of the seaon saw us climb to finish just outside of the top 10, a reasonable finish for our first season in the Nationals.

Last seasons super star George Cater didn't play as single game due to an injury at the start of the season and strong form of my strikers in his absence. Youngster Marley Bishop-Wisdom stepped up and claimed Georges crown and goal scoring record

Other player of note was new captain Jamie Tank who as the heart of the team.

In other news the club was bought out by the fans and we relocated to a new stadium

Season    |     League          |     Position    |    Europe    |    Top scorer                     |    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17           | Conference South |          4th    |      N/A       |  George Cater (25)             |   Promoted via playoffs
2017/18           | Conference National |      11th   |      N/A       |  Marley Bishop-Wisdom (29)|   N/A 

Archived