The Spanish Football thread 2015-16: 2 Legends depart

cms186

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just found out about Crplz news. That's shocking, a disaster. Not much point watching Barcelona from now until everything's back to normal, it'll look so wrong. Why, Neymar, what are you doing :(

It's terrible news. Brazil shouldn't call him up until he lets it grow back.

isnt that the point though? Even with all his goals its only brought them one title?

Not really with the way its worded in the original post, seems weird to me. Real don't win many titles anyway even when they had Beckham, Figo, Zidane, Raul and Ronaldo in one team so its not something that you can really use against him. He's hardly going to go "oh well we wont win the title this year so I may as well not bother scoring".

Not really surprised with the state of Barcelona tbh.

Luis Enrique isn't the man for the job.

It's more like bad business during the windows before the ban caught up to them, and add to that natural complacency

Weird opinions tbh after this match. Yeah the difference without Messi is huge, but today they really should have won. Massive amount of chances, could easily have been 2-4 or something.

Would love to know how Pique wasn't able to get the rebound from Neymars free kick over the line tbh. All he had to do was slide and block the clearance.

Yeah I don't see how you can't give Enrique credit for last seasons results. Granted they had an absolutely ridiculous front line but he had to get it to work. Suarez started the season suspended, Neymar started it injured & when they were all back he successfully shifted Messi from the centre to fit them all in.

At the start of the season Barca certainly never expected a treble but the team got stronger & stronger as the season progressed, if the manager doesn't get credit for that then I don't know who does.

It certainly wasn't luck either when you consider their CL opponents at each stage.

If you look back through last seasons thread you'll see my view on LE throughout the year. Up until the new year some of his decision making was shocking. He started to get things right around then but I still don't think he's the man for the job.

It's harsh to not give him any credit and I should take that back.

Enrique definitely deserves credit. But a manager is only so important at Barcelona when you have Messi in your team. It's no coincidence their succes and failure ALWAYS coincides with Messi playing well or not/being out.

I think Enrique deserves most credit for fitting in Suarez, who was looking like a terrible fit in his first two months.

Rafa is just a negative bore plus Atletico also play a more posession based style this season and less direct counter attacking.

Really not liking Griezmann back on the wing, he's doing an alright job there in the last few games but moving him up front last year turned him into something else and taking him away from goal makes him less of a threat.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived