The Spanish Football thread 2015-16: 2 Legends depart

cms186

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bizarre reaction.

why? the football this season has been utter garbage, hes completely alienated 2 of our better players (Negredo and Rodrigo de Paul) for no reason, we managed a grand total of ZERO shots on target against Sevilla and thats more of a trend than an exception, youd think that was down to being ultra defensive but we've been **** defensively too, hes made bizarre tactical choices (dropping Jaume, the POTS so far for yesterdays game for example), he also played a fairly large role in Amadeo Salvo (who basically saved the club from going bankrupt) and several other well liked and regarded members of the backroom team leaving the club over the summer, which got the fans offside and led to them chanting for him to go at Pre-Season games!.

Whats so funny about that? Over the year the award is for Ronaldo has been better. If it was an award for the past few months then yea maybe i'd agree.

I'm not sure what's funnier, the fact you think Ronaldo has been better over the course of the year or the fact that you would ' maybe ' give it to Suarez over the last couple of months when Suarez has completely blown Ronaldo out of the water.

You always give off because we tend to love Messi' in here but it would appear you have the same feelings towards Ronaldo.

Ronaldo hasn't been half as good since he was awarded it last time out. More interested in promoting himself off the pitch with movies/chat show appearances.

Haha ok chap, obviously all the football managers and players disagree but because the mainly Barca bunch in here say otherwise obviously everyone else is wrong. No way in hell Ronaldo isn't in the top3 individually in the world for 2015 imo. Not a chance.

It's especially hilarious since EUH said performance is what matters, yet he doesn't care about stats, which is an actual empirical measure of performance. Barca fans. :lol:

It's especially hilarious since EUH said performance is what matters, yet he doesn't care about stats, which is an actual empirical measure of performance. Barca fans. :lol:

I think you can play well in a game and not necessarily have stats that show that and vice versa but its about more than stats anyway. Its an individual award and theres no way Ronaldo wasn't in the top 3 best players in the world last this year.

Suarez has scored 41 goals (kicking only one penalty) and has 25 assists in 2015 without being able to play for Uruguay. Goals and assists that have been decisive in finals and against the likes of Real Madrid, Atlético, Valencia, Manchester City, PSG, Bayern, Juve and Sevilla to win La Liga, UCL, Copa del Rey and the UEFA Supercup.

Meanwhile Ronaldo has scored 48 goals (shooting every penalty while missing the only decisive one against Valencia) and has 14 assists. Of his 48 goals: 8 against Espanyol, 5 against Granada, 5 against Getafe, 4 to a 17 year old goalkeeper against Schalke, 7 against Malmoe and Shaktar, 3 against a 10-man Sevilla. Of 10 title deciders against Barca, Atletico and Juventus he only won 1 match... with a goal from Chicharito with 2 minutes left.

There is no way in hell Ronaldo has had a better season than Suarez, collectively or individually.

Suarez has scored 41 goals (kicking only one penalty) and has 25 assists in 2015 without being able to play for Uruguay. Goals and assists that have been decisive in finals and against the likes of Real Madrid, Atlético, Valencia, Manchester City, PSG, Bayern, Juve and Sevilla to win La Liga, UCL, Copa del Rey and the UEFA Supercup.

Meanwhile Ronaldo has scored 48 goals (shooting every penalty while missing the only decisive one against Valencia) and has 14 assists. Of his 48 goals: 8 against Espanyol, 5 against Granada, 5 against Getafe, 4 to a 17 year old goalkeeper against Schalke, 7 against Malmoe and Shaktar, 3 against a 10-man Sevilla. Of 10 title deciders against Barca, Atletico and Juventus he only won 1 match... with a goal from Chicharito with 2 minutes left.

There is no way in hell Ronaldo has had a better season than Suarez, collectively or individually.

I would of liked to see Suarez win it this year. Would of been well deserved.

I think you can play well in a game and not necessarily have stats that show that and vice versa but its about more than stats anyway. Its an individual award and theres no way Ronaldo wasn't in the top 3 best players in the world last this year.

I know that when it comes to soccer there's more to performance than just stats, but they're still measuring aspects of performance so saying they don't matter at all is absurd. Especially if it's just because they don't confirm your preconceived bias like in this case.

This is an incredible post, it really is. :D

Whats so funny about that? Over the year the award is for Ronaldo has been better. If it was an award for the past few months then yea maybe i'd agree.

I'm really to have a grown man debate.

Explain to me why you have the opinion that Ronaldo has done more in this calendar year than Suarez ? Feel free to use any stat you want.

Genuinely the first time i've ever seen your username buddy but yea thats no secret is it? The thread is generally Barca/messi fanboys and i generally favour Real, hopefully that doesn't offend you too much you delicate little thing.

Oh and emerson i really don't see the point in bringing stats into it because if i say Ronaldo had more assists and goals than Suarez in 2015 then there's going to be a counter that's stats don't mean ****. I'm not looking for your agreement anyway, i swear only in this thread would it seem so ridiculous to have Ronaldo in the top 3 players in the world :D

The problem you seem to have is that you're completely disregarding the performances of other players in your blind adamancy that Ronaldo automatically has to be in the top 3.

You also don't seem to be able to separate your idea of who is 'best' overall and who has performaned better over the specified timeframe.

If you genuinely think that Ronaldo's performances have been better than any of the Barca front 3 in 2015 then you really arnt in any position to label anyone else a 'fanboy'.

Neither of those 2 are even remotely my "problems", just complete fallacies made up by yourself because you can't accept that some people dont automatically have the barca front 3 as their top 3 (imagine that). I'm just finding it amusing that you seem to think him being in the top 3 is so utterly ludicrous. He's there and rightly so, deal with it.

Oh and he'll no doubt take 2nd ahead of Neymar, can't wait for the tears when that happens.

you can't accept that some people dont automatically have the barca front 3 as their top 3 (imagine that).

Actually, I would hope that nobody 'automatically' has anyone in their top 3 because that's how you find yourself in the predicament that you're in now.

I'm just finding it amusing that you seem to think him being in the top 3 is so utterly ridiculous.

It's not utterly ridiculous if you could put forward an argument better than 'well he's been voted into the final 3 so there' which is all you seem to be able to muster so far. If you don't have an opinion outside of what other players and managers vote for then there's not much point commenting in the first place.

Ronaldo scores an incredible amount of goals, so much so that those goals alone are enough to put him ahead of most players in the world because at the end of the day goals are the most important part of football. However, when he is competing with players that have scored a similar amount of goals while at the same time performing better and contributing a lot more to the overall performances of their team AND their teams success then just the goals alone isn't enough. Ronaldo is becoming increasingly less effective in contributing towards his teams overall performance especially over the last 12 months outside of putting the ball in the back of the net. If he'd scored 30 or 40 more goals than Suarez then you could say that it's enough to overshadow any advantage Suarez may have had in performance but he hasn't.

I don't really have an issue with Ronaldo being in there, but it's mainly because of the consistency he's shown over the years that it's a sure thing he'll be in unless he has a nightmare of a year. Barca's front three have been the best players in 2015 though, and that's not some personal attack on Ronaldo :D They have just been ridiculous, which is why Barca won everything last season and have already opened up a 6-point gap to Real this season.

But then I would say that because I'm a massive Barca fanboy.

Actually, I would hope that nobody 'automatically' has anyone in their top 3 because that's how you find yourself in the predicament that you're in now.

It's not utterly ridiculous if you could put forward an argument better than 'well he's been voted into the final 3 so there' which is all you seem to be able to muster so far. If you don't have an opinion outside of what other players and managers vote for then there's not much point commenting in the first place.

Ronaldo scores an incredible amount of goals, so much so that those goals alone are enough to put him ahead of most players in the world because at the end of the day goals are the most important part of football. However, when he is competing with players that have scored a similar amount of goals while at the same time performing better and contributing a lot more to the overall performances of their team AND their teams success then just the goals alone isn't enough. Ronaldo is becoming increasingly less effective in contributing towards his teams overall performance especially over the last 12 months outside of putting the ball in the back of the net. If he'd scored 30 or 40 more goals than Suarez then you could say that it's enough to overshadow any advantage Suarez may have had in performance but he hasn't.

I'm not in any kind of predicament but its cute you think i am, the only person talking about automatically having someone in there is you. Using it as a point against me despite it being completely made up. I'm not mentioning stats to make my case as i already mentioned because his 2015 stats make their own case and they have already been dismissed as meaningless in here anyway. Teams success is also not that big of a factor for me considering Real generally dont win anything regardless of their individuals and it being an individual award not a team one. I'm not really to arsed if i'm not meeting the great Vynal Seven's criteria for an acceptable top3 candidate, in the end for me he had a better year and was a better individual than Suarez for 2015. Laughable opinion i know.

I only added the "voted in" thing because its obvious that the football world doesn't agree with the experts in here.

Teams success is also not that big of a factor for me considering Real generally dont win anything regardless of their individuals and it being an individual award not a team one.

You may or may not have noticed but I specifically said 'contributed to their teams success' and I worded it that way because while the trophies the team win shouldn't necessarily impact the Balon D'or award, the players individual contribution to that teams success most definitely should. Barca cleaned the board last year because of the contributions of the front 3, they were each individually brilliant which lead to the team being hugely successful.

I'm not really to arsed if i'm not meeting the great Vynal Seven's criteria for an acceptable top3 candidate, in the end for me he had a better year and was a better individual than Suarez for 2015. Laughable opinion i know.

You haven't really put forward any criteria, in fact the mere discussion of the subject seems to be enough to get you feeling all precious. I suspect it's the fact that you can't logically justify your stance of 'Ronaldo's been better because he just has mmkay' that's got you feeling all frustrated.

You may or may not have noticed but I specifically said 'contributed to their teams success' and I worded it that way because while the trophies the team win shouldn't necessarily impact the Balon D'or award, the players individual contribution to that teams success most definitely should. Barca cleaned the board last year because of the contributions of the front 3, they were each individually brilliant which lead to the team being hugely successful.

You haven't really put forward any criteria, in fact the mere discussion of the subject seems to be enough to get you feeling all precious. I suspect it's the fact that you can't logically justify your stance of 'Ronaldo's been better because he just has mmkay' that's got you feeling all frustrated.

Slightly flattering yourself that you think you have me in any way frustrated, whats their to be frustrated about? Ronaldo has been better because he has played better, has better stats and overall was a better individual. Its that simple really, you can keep saying im not putting forward any argument all you like despite it simply not being true. Barca being a much better team and thus a much better front 3 doesn't really have much impact on my individual 3. To make you feel better about your childish little prediction heres your "im so frustrated" smiley :D

Archived