The Spanish Football thread 2015-16: 2 Legends depart

cms186

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not a chance Rafa willingly picked that line-up (still deserves criticising for not standing up to Pérez on it though)

There you go, what would Perez know about picking a line up? No holding midfielder against Barcelona is just ridiculous, theres no way Barca would start without Busquets just because its the derby and they have some divine right to attack and win comfortably as Perez probably thinks.

Well that's the rumour, but i'd be inclined to believe it. Theres surely no way Rafa willingly picks that team.

It's a shame if true, one would expect the biggest football institution in the world to be more professional.

This is Real Madrid you're talking about. :D

Yes, but still...one thing is to make lots of silly signings as they used to, another thing is to have the board directly interfere in the line-up this way.

Fans were apparently chanting stuff demanding that Benítez be sacked.

No, changed my mind about attending this one too. I've hired a car and decided to travel a bit further. Still in Murcia though as I'm currently at the B team's match!

Got a couple of matches pencilled in for tomorrow too.

Ah, how were the B team? Got some good players there. This is the website for all lower league info in Murcia (sorry, didn't see your second post before): http://www.trecera.com

I should have posted some bars and restaurants and stuff if you're in Murcia for a bit, sorry.

Ah, how were the B team? Got some good players there. This is the website for all lower league info in Murcia (sorry, didn't see your second post before): http://www.trecera.com

I should have posted some bars and restaurants and stuff if you're in Murcia for a bit, sorry.

They were comfortable from my inexperienced Spanish football eye - although Plus Ultra had a man harshly sent off when it was 1-0.

Was a bit disappointed with today's weather compared to yesterday - it started raining just as I turned up and there's no cover there!

I'd say there was about 250 there and there was quite a cheer when Murcia scored so they were well represented.

I'd have loved to find out the thoughts of the locals when they saw the slightly sunburned, obvious foreigner in attendance.

Cheers for the link, I also managed to find a website that covers the preferente leagues - such was my desperation to see if I could catch a game this morning!

Yes, but still...one thing is to make lots of silly signings as they used to, another thing is to have the board directly interfere in the line-up this way.

Fans were apparently chanting stuff demanding that Benítez be sacked.

They've been doing that to every manager for as long as I can remember.

Carlo won't return, not after he was binned by Perez. Perez deserves all he gets for once again having another awful period in charge of the club. No way is he winning the next elections.

Best thing Real can do, is Ronaldo/Perez go in summer, new President comes in and hires a manager that has potential of a long term (3-4 years) of implementing a good attacking style of play and they start a post Ronaldo era. Team just lost all shape over the past few years.

Can pass the blame around all you want, but when it comes down to it they were just undone by a great Barcelona. They don't have players like Neymar and Suarez, who are in the form of their life and combining perfectly. Add Messi to that and it's just really hard to compete with that. Real Madrid will still trash most teams.

They weren't that much different, that team still had its terrible moments but its easier to forget now things are so different. Ancelotti had his team very positive and pretty fun to watch for the most part. They were only 2 points off Barca last season don't forget and they obliterated them in the Classico 3-1.

They just made a poor choice sacking him, he was well liked by the whole squad and football in general and replaced him with a "tactician" manager that will bore you to sleep and is just happy to keep a clean sheet.

That didn't exactly happen last time Perez was out. The fans have as little patience as the President, etc.

That's true.

Just looked and in around 13 years of Perez being President they've won the league 3 times. Shocking stat. Won it twice in the 3 year gap when he wasn't president :D

Anyway I just checked the line-up of that 3-1, where Real Madrid outplayed Barcelona, and it was the same attacking line-up as this weekend. So don't see why Benitez should get the blame of not fielding Casimero, he probably looked at what had worked best against Barcelona and decided to try the same thing. Obviously Barcelona have improved massively since that game so it didn't work.

So he stands for allowing club directors making his decisions for him? Rubbish, don't believe that for a second. The moment someone tells him "this is your line-up for the clasico", is surely the moment he resigns and tells the media what a load of rubbish that club is?

Anyway I just checked the line-up of that 3-1, where Real Madrid outplayed Barcelona, and it was the same attacking line-up as this weekend. So don't see why Benitez should get the blame of not fielding Casimero, he probably looked at what had worked best against Barcelona and decided to try the same thing. Obviously Barcelona have improved massively since that game so it didn't work.

Completely different scenario and a very poor argument to defend Benitez.

So he stands for allowing club directors making his decisions for him? Rubbish, don't believe that for a second. The moment someone tells him "this is your line-up for the clasico", is surely the moment he resigns and tells the media what a load of rubbish that club is?

It might not be that explicit, but decisions such as constantly playing an underperforming Bale, benching Navas (second best goalkeeper at the World Cup) in favour of a (clearly past his best) Iker and now having Carvajal playing second fiddle to a mediocre Danilo are clearly not tactical and have got to be linked to Florentino Perez somehow.

Loads of managers make weird choices in the eyes of fans, as if this is something new. Mourinho has been a bit baffling all season, do you think he'd let someone else dictate the line-up to him?

Mourinho is an awful example. For all of his msitakes during this season at least he has had the balls to bench players if they are underperforming or not showing commitment for the team. Ancelotti allowed the team to party after losing 0-4 against Atletico and Benitez allowed a free training day today after the horrific match we all witnessed.

However, i don't believe that Benitez is being told who to line-up directly. He has a problem with the squad and he's rapidly losing respect from them, when it should be the other way around. The signing policy of Real Madrid has taken its toll on and now managers have got to deal with the likes of Bale or Ronaldo who just won't accept to be benched even if they haven't done absolutely nothing the whole year. Only Florentino Perez has all the blame on the creation of this environment. Of course this is only one axis of the problem, and Benitez should take the bull by its horns and have the guts to make decisions based of tactical factors, without the fear of being sacked clouding his mind.

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/the-match/60/post/2719462/barcelona-team-vision-too-much-for-disjointed-real-madrid

Now Barcelona turn up to Madridista HQ and regularly win by handsome margins. In fact, they continue to get more handsome by the decade. They won 3-0 10 years ago, followed by a smattering of comfortable two-goal victories and that epoch-marking 6-2 win under Pep Guardiola in 2009.

BARCELONA REGULARLY PLAY THIS AWAY FIXTURE AS IF THEY WERE AT GETAFE OR MALAGA. In fact, they play it with fewer problems. And now Saturday's 4-0 win.

Part of the advantage that Barca's group of footballers possess is mental, part of it is technical. Lots of these guys now treat a visit to the Santiago Bernabeu as a glee-club trip. Pack your luggage, meet the gang, go somewhere special, have a lovely time, nip home and tell the friends and family about a weekend well spent.

Love the article! :D Puta Madrid

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/the-match/60/post/2719462/barcelona-team-vision-too-much-for-disjointed-real-madrid

Now Barcelona turn up to Madridista HQ and regularly win by handsome margins. In fact, they continue to get more handsome by the decade. They won 3-0 10 years ago, followed by a smattering of comfortable two-goal victories and that epoch-marking 6-2 win under Pep Guardiola in 2009.

BARCELONA REGULARLY PLAY THIS AWAY FIXTURE AS IF THEY WERE AT GETAFE OR MALAGA. In fact, they play it with fewer problems. And now Saturday's 4-0 win.

Part of the advantage that Barca's group of footballers possess is mental, part of it is technical. Lots of these guys now treat a visit to the Santiago Bernabeu as a glee-club trip. Pack your luggage, meet the gang, go somewhere special, have a lovely time, nip home and tell the friends and family about a weekend well spent.

Love the article! :D Puta Madrid

That's extremely oportunistic. Just last year Barcelona got owned at the Bernabeu.

In fact last sunday was the first time in over 4 years Barca won by a higher margin than 2 goals to Real Madrid.

Dominating? Yes, but the whole Bernabeu being an easy trip is just bollocks.

Archived