Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Watched some of replay of PSG v Monaco. Martial or whatever his name is was playing left mid in a 442. Didn't factor much in last 20 I watched. ADM looked very good and had an assist btw. Sigh.

And what an assist it was.

Suppose that's what happens when you play him in his best position and not upfront.

Something's definitely off.

The only transfers in have been completely unknown until they were about to happen, so we know we can keep things quiet.

So things like the very vocal Neymar pursuit etc. are obvious PR moves.

How thin is the squad?

ST: Rooney, Martial, Wilson

AMR: Mata, (Martial), Lingard

AMC: Herrera, Fellaini, (Mata), Pereira

AML: Memphis, Young

CM1: Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin

CM2: Carrick, (Blind) (Fellaini)

RB: Darmian, Valencia

CB1: Smalling, Jones, McNair

CB2: Rojo, (Blind)

LB: Shaw, Blind

GK: DDG?, Romero

If Wilson is considered good enough to be a part of the squad, why was Hernandez getting games ahead of him? Likewise with Januzaj and Periera/Lingard? Surely it wasn't purely to increase their value/desirability? And hopefully it wasn't a last minute decision on the back of their performances. Just seems very strange.

Something's definitely off.

The only transfers in have been completely unknown until they were about to happen, so we know we can keep things quiet.

So things like the very vocal Neymar pursuit etc. are obvious PR moves.

How thin is the squad?

ST: Rooney, Martial, Wilson

AMR: Mata, (Martial), Lingard

AMC: Herrera, Fellaini, (Mata), Pereira

AML: Memphis, Young

CM1: Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin

CM2: Carrick, (Blind) (Fellaini)

RB: Darmian, Valencia

CB1: Smalling, Jones, McNair

CB2: Rojo, (Blind)

LB: Shaw, Blind

GK: DDG?, Romero

If Wilson is considered good enough to be a part of the squad, why was Hernandez getting games ahead of him? Likewise with Januzaj and Periera/Lingard? Surely it wasn't purely to increase their value/desirability? And hopefully it wasn't a last minute decision on the back of their performances. Just seems very strange.

He has done this too many times to call it shop window. It is almost as if he still doesn't know what he has. Getting tiresome.

"Sky Sources" reckon Madrid not appealing to the league either

Oops ... well done, United ... you showed them with your handling of this :D

Who's that git that sent the email they couldn't open? Got 'arry Redknapp on work experience

It's time to make nice and DDG get back in goal. Hopefully, he's up to the task knowing he'll be at Madrid next summer with dollar bills bulging out his pockets

Who's that git that sent the email they couldn't open? Got 'arry Redknapp on work experience

It's time to make nice and DDG get back in goal. Hopefully, he's up to the task knowing he'll be at Madrid next summer with dollar bills bulging out his pockets

So none of this is on Real, it's all on United? Interesting, nonsensical view of the situation, really

Man how bad is all this?

Navas will be RM's number 1 knowing they don't want him.

DDG will be at Man Utd, Man Utd know he does not want to be there, LVG has not picked him this season.

God knows what both these players are thinking, will certainly be interesting to see how both fair from now until the end of the year.

Was that what happened or Madrid just messed up? The sky guy thinks they got cold feet with 2 very good keepers in their ranks and the fans not really wanting the deal to happen.

Was that what happened or Madrid just messed up? The sky guy thinks they got cold feet with 2 very good keepers in their ranks and the fans not really wanting the deal to happen.

Yeah, they'd hate having a better one in their side for a relatively small fee right enough.

Man how bad is all this?

Navas will be RM's number 1 knowing they don't want him.

DDG will be at Man Utd, Man Utd know he does not want to be there, LVG has not picked him this season.

God knows what both these players are thinking, will certainly be interesting to see how both fair from now until the end of the year.

Navas goes back to being great for Madrid and when he does falter they have Casilla who was the best in the league last year.

LvG persists with Romero even when he kills Smalling and blinds Blind while Valdes and DDG model the latest suits from the stand. They both leave for free to CL clubs in the summer as does LvG and our new manager is left with a squad that is mainly Rooney, Toni V and some 13 nobodies. :D

So none of this is on Real, it's all on United? Interesting, nonsensical view of the situation, really

There's obviously two sides but United are the club that wanted a record fee for a keeper for him or they won't sell .. then Ramos as well ... then last minute 'ok, we'll sell for less than that record and earlier reported fee' and then messed that up and now you'll get nothing. DDG probably not particularly happy so may take a few weeks to get his head straight

Madrid come out of this ok as they were going to get what they wanted either now, winter or next summer but no record fee and Ramos has a new deal and United look a bit panicing with all this last minute stuff

Yeah, they'd hate having a better one in their side for a relatively small fee right enough.

They will now get him for free in the summer. De Gea is not going to be a decider in their success this season.

They get him for free in 11 months and then have both him AND Navas rather than one or the other. Makes sense.....no!

I am sure it'll all come out soon and maybe Madrid sandbagged it, for now, who knows. For what was a straightforward deal a couple of months ago looks a bit rubbish the way it's not-happened and United lose out financially and in terms of 'face' which is what they seemed to be saving by this not being bullied by Madrid

It is sky sources though ...

There's obviously two sides but United are the club that wanted a record fee for a keeper for him or they won't sell .. then Ramos as well ...

I actually back Woodward and LvG on that bit, they may have ballsed up a bit but I like the grit they showed and eventually they will become better at this negotiating lark. They almost got him for a lot more than the £11m Real were offering all summer till Madrid did some computer foul ups....deliberately or not, no one is sure.

I don't see an issue with things from DDG's side at the moment. Let him go away on international duty, then get him back, sit him down and say that you know he wanted to leave, and he would have had Real not done whatever it is they did to screw it up. Then tell him that he'll be number 1 if he gets his head down and gives them one last great season, and he can go in the summer if he still feels that way. He'll want to be playing football given the Euros are coming up, so I'd like to think he's a decent enough guy who isn't completely thick.

Seems the most sensible course of action, so of course it won't happen.

Madrid made their first official bit 11hrs before the window closed...

They had months to sort it out. They want the player, they have to make an offer.

I don't believe anyone can be so naive that there was no interest until 11 hours ago ... this has all been done via agents and 3rd parties all summer and probably before. If United accepted the price floated around a couple of months back I am sure the deal would have happened

This is how deals are done now, especially high profile and it's probably Mendes as the go-between, as usual

Champions League tweet re: DDG has been deleted. Curious.

The one thing I thought was funny is that tweet, it said he would be 100% at Man Utd, of course the chances of him going anywhere else are of course zero, he could in theory still move to a club in England..... or indeed Celtic :p

I actually back Woodward and LvG on that bit, they may have ballsed up a bit but I like the grit they showed and eventually they will become better at this negotiating lark. They almost got him for a lot more than the £11m Real were offering all summer till Madrid did some computer foul ups....deliberately or not, no one is sure.

I think the grit was fine up until the last minute panic to make the deal happen. That's where it looks weak as ****

They said 11m and you said 36m ... I am sure a deal could have been but you didn't want to blink ... then last night of deadline you go blinking away like mad men!

Madrid made their first official bit 11hrs before the window closed...

They had months to sort it out. They want the player, they have to make an offer.

This really. Real knew all along what we wanted and only bid right near the end. It wasn't what we were holding out for but it was a good fee plus a replacement player. Couldn't knock that. De Gea will sort himself out and start the Liverpool game or the one after.

I think the grit was fine up until the last minute panic to make the deal happen. That's where it looks weak as ****

They said 11m and you said 36m ... I am sure a deal could have been but you didn't want to blink ... then last night of deadline you go blinking away like mad men!

Because they put a good deal on the table. What's the problem with blinking when you finally get something good?

So we should have taken £11m, I would rather he goes on a free.

It's a little something called negotiating. Jeez

At that time the club rejected it (obviously) but set their price super high ... telling me there's no middle ground? Of course there is but neither was budging. Fine, DDG stays ... then United blink at the last minute in a game of chicken

Be interesting to see what comes out

Because they put a good deal on the table. What's the problem with blinking when you finally get something good?

Because he wouldn't be sold for less than a record fee.

I think you could have wrung a better deal out of them before 5 to midnight, don't you? No one thought he was ever going for 11m, I doubt Madrid did either

It's a little something called negotiating. Jeez

At that time the club rejected it (obviously) but set their price super high ... telling me there's no middle ground? Of course there is but neither was budging. Fine, DDG stays ... then United blink at the last minute in a game of chicken

Be interesting to see what comes out

But only one club should be negotiating. Alrighty :thup:

I don't believe anyone can be so naive that there was no interest until 11 hours ago ... this has all been done via agents and 3rd parties all summer and probably before. If United accepted the price floated around a couple of months back I am sure the deal would have happened

This is how deals are done now, especially high profile and it's probably Mendes as the go-between, as usual

There was interest, but until they make a bid, there's nothing to accept ffs :D

"This is how deals are done" = bollocks, vast majority of clubs receive offers before the final day.

ADM interview...

In an interview with French newspaper L’Equipe today he has accused Louis van Gaal of having “no philosophy”, which makes it “difficult to adapt to his system.”

“Everyone does what he wants,” Di Maria said. “I started very well with him, and then we had some clashes.

“Things did not go well and I was changed position. It is the coach who decided that, and in the end I found myself on the bench."

There was interest, but until they make a bid, there's nothing to accept ffs :D

"This is how deals are done" = bollocks, vast majority of clubs receive offers before the final day.

I am sure there was plenty going on in the background to make this deal happen or sort a price out. It's not like nothing and then a bid comes in. The bid is the last thing and with someone like Mendes involved I reckon everything is agreed and that's why the bid is then 'official'.

If you guys all think that was handled well then cool

ADM interview...

In an interview with French newspaper L’Equipe today he has accused Louis van Gaal of having “no philosophy”, which makes it “difficult to adapt to his system.”

“Everyone does what he wants,” Di Maria said. “I started very well with him, and then we had some clashes.

“Things did not go well and I was changed position. It is the coach who decided that, and in the end I found myself on the bench."

Di Maria is a fantastic player as he proved at Madrid and will also show at PSG. LVG is the donkey that plays an awful system that doesn't allow creative players to express themselves.

Close to just putting Razzler on ignore tbh. He doesn't half talk some rubbish. Look to the left and there his name is after a 'strange' post, time and again.

Actually glad DDG is staying, although we'll likely get nothing for him now. As long as LVG does the sensible thing and plays him, we're better off with him in the team than anybody else not named Neuer.

So then, 5 hours till we all spit our dummy?

The transfer window started so brightly with some solid purchases, so I really hope it will end in similar fashion. Squad looks paper thin now, even factoring in youth players.

If I was DDG now, and wanted to go to Real as much as he probably did, I'd be pretty P'ed off at Real, and perhaps asking some questions about how much they really wanted me. They knew 3 months ago what was required, and fecked about for 3 months. Not like they've spent a boatload of cash this summer either.

Archived