forbidden names.bnc

Funny stuff in the edt folder (right next to the lnc folder - FM15/data/db/1500/edt in Steam). Open it up with notepad. Are they "forbidden" for players' managers or regens? Either way there's tons of war criminals and murderers in there, next to a couple weird ones and stuff like "Dick Leak" (seriously)

In the DB folder there is a file called forbidden names, responsible for not allowing newgens with certain names. There we have names like Ernesto Guevara, Osama Bin Laden, some serial killers and some sexual connotations with the name Dick (e.g. Dick Fest). For me it`s a buzzkill. FM has always been delivering such tasty gimmicks for the players and having a newgen called Dick Love has always been bringing smile to gamers` faces. Of course, you can delete the file and still enjoy the fun, but the question remains: WHY did you do that?

What is more - the figure of Ernesto Guevara (much hated by me and all thinking people) is a still a source of inspiration in Latin American countries (so are Stalin, Lenin, etc. for that matter!) - so it is also a fact-bending thing to remove this name from the data pool. We have historical evidence of players like Stalin Jose Rivas and Fidel Guevara (double impact!) pulling their weight.

My offer is - remove this file. One of the first things I did was to delete it.

What is more - the figure of Ernesto Guevara (much hated by me and all thinking people) is a still a source of inspiration in Latin American countries

Yeah, nobody is capable of thought except right-wing Polish nationalists - definitely not Hispanic people! :rolleyes:

Scandalous if the Comandante is listed along with bin Laden etc.

I think I actually saw a Slobodan Milosevic a couple years ago. He was Montenegrin, though. You'd think only a couple of them would be common enough to pop up - Hugo Chavez, Eric Harris, Wayne Kerr...

My co-worker is Slobodan Milosevic :D

It's also the name of the mass-murderer of 17 children and teachers in Dunblane...

Yes (I had no idea of that until I googled the name though; same goes for a good few people on that list), but there are easily hundreds of Thomases Hamiltons living around the globe... :)

Oh well, easy enough to edit at your own discretion I suppose.

In the DB folder there is a file called forbidden names, responsible for not allowing newgens with certain names. There we have names like Ernesto Guevara, Osama Bin Laden, some serial killers and some sexual connotations with the name Dick (e.g. Dick Fest). For me it`s a buzzkill. FM has always been delivering such tasty gimmicks for the players and having a newgen called Dick Love has always been bringing smile to gamers` faces. Of course, you can delete the file and still enjoy the fun, but the question remains: WHY did you do that?

What is more - the figure of Ernesto Guevara (much hated by me and all thinking people) is a still a source of inspiration in Latin American countries (so are Stalin, Lenin, etc. for that matter!) - so it is also a fact-bending thing to remove this name from the data pool. We have historical evidence of players like Stalin Jose Rivas and Fidel Guevara (double impact!) pulling their weight.

My offer is - remove this file. One of the first things I did was to delete it.

I forgot only right wing poles were capable of thinking

I think I actually saw a Slobodan Milosevic a couple years ago. He was Montenegrin, though. You'd think only a couple of them would be common enough to pop up - Hugo Chavez, Eric Harris, Wayne Kerr...

Didn't he play for Villa in the mid 90s?

A nice list for educational purposes. I'm having fun googling many of the names as I have no idea who they are. Quite amusing to see nine (9!) entries with different spelling variations of Jimmy Saville.

Archived