Miroslav Klose

Klose isn't technically a brilliant footballer, but at his prime he was a brilliant striker. Intelligent off-the ball movement, both vertically and laterally, he could assist as well as score. He was tall and powerful, fairly quick as well. But as I said, he is so underrated because his best asset was intelligence and movement, which often goes unnoticed. He can spearhead an attack as a lone forward leading the line, he can play in a more fluid system, like Germany's. Brilliant striker.

This precisely.

People writing him of because he's 'not Ronaldo' :D

clowns.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Klose, like just about any other striker ever, isn't in the same league as Ronaldo. He's a great striker, sure, but a million miles behind Ronaldo in lots of ways, in my opinion. I agree with jmr, here, not one of the all-time greats.

I agree on the Ronaldo point though. He's just about the greatest player i've ever seen in my lifetime.

I don't know why it matters if Klose is anywhere near Ronaldo level or not, if anything, not being Ronaldo's level make his record even more impressive.

Delighted for Klose and I love Ronaldo more than his own mother.

He tweeted his congrats BTW, "Welcome to the club"

I bet he hated doing that, nobody likes to have their own record broken/equaled!

Yeah, that Klose, huh? Absolute dud. Only got the goals because he's been around so long. not even comparable to Ronaldo.

Bqr0nZ2IgAAVb4T.png

One of Ronaldo's 15 goals though was an own goal (vs Costa Rica) that was awarded to him.

Besides, playing for so long like Klose is doing is a big feat in itself and something Ronaldo has not been able to match.

I was being sarcastic btw :D Think it's silly that people are using Klose's age and fitness against him.

"He's so fit and able to look after himself, good players like Ronaldo don't do that!" :D

As someone who loves Ronaldo, I am delighted for Klose. A genuinely nice fella, a true sportsman and a fantastic player who will now rightfully go down as one of the greats :thup:

I was being sarcastic btw :D Think it's silly that people are using Klose's age and fitness against him.

"He's so fit and able to look after himself, good players like Ronaldo don't do that!" :D

As someone who loves Ronaldo, I am delighted for Klose. A genuinely nice fella, a true sportsman and a fantastic player who will now rightfully go down as one of the greats :thup:

No smilies or anything there, so I assumed it was a serious comment. :D

Anyway, people underrate Klose, as mentioned, I don't think the fact Ronaldo was certainly best in general really matters anyway.

Klose is a superb striker who will deserve the record if he breaks it at this World Cup but Ronaldo is probably the best centre forward I've seen watching football

no disrespect to France but the World Cup in 98 should have ended with Ronaldo scoring the winner because he was brilliant in that tournament

Indeed. imo comparing Klose to Ronaldo is unfair since Ronaldo is quite possibly the best striker of all time. The thing about Klose is that he excells in World Cups but in the clubs he played (especially Bremen and Bayern) he had a good goal record, but it was nothing special at all. If he had the same goal ratio in his clubs as he does in World Cups he would be near Ronaldo's level for sure.

Can definitely see Muller getting to double figures in this WC but not much chance of him getting another 7 goals in this WC to equal the record imo.

If Germany got to the final and Muller played in all of the remaining games than that is 5 matches to score 7 goals to equal the record, would be some feat that.

That would be 10 goals in 1 WC.

Not happening imo.

You'd expect Muller to be in double figures by the end of this World Cup.

I'd not even be surprised to see him equal the record this World Cup if Germany get all the way to the final.

(depending on how bad the injury was today of course)

Müller is not an all-out striker so this is never going to happen.

You'd expect Muller to be in double figures by the end of this World Cup.

I'd not even be surprised to see him equal the record this World Cup if Germany get all the way to the final.

(depending on how bad the injury was today of course)

You realise that would require Muller to score another 7 goals this world cup to total 10, a feat accomplished only three times in history? And that was last achieved (by Muller! :D) in 1970.

Muller is very good but he's not even the focal point of the German attack. Hard to imagine him scoring more than 8 goals this tournament... and even then i'm being somewhat generous.

You realise that would require Muller to score another 7 goals this world cup to total 10, a feat accomplished only three times in history? And that was last achieved (by Muller! :D) in 1970.

Muller is very good but he's not even the focal point of the German attack. Hard to imagine him scoring more than 8 goals this tournament... and even then i'm being somewhat generous.

Guys calm down!!! Müller is NOT going to score EIGHT goals in this tournament?!? How could he? EIGHT!?! Sorry but thats a bit too far off nowadays. I mean in 1970 you could do that but not in the modern times :)

Former Brazil president Lula said that England were eliminated in the WC because they are not used to good stadiums/pitches like the World Cup ones we have in Brazil. :eek:

This idiot was our president for 8 years. :(

Former Brazil president Lula said that England were eliminated in the WC because they are not used to good stadiums/pitches like the World Cup ones we have in Brazil. :eek:

This idiot was our president for 8 years. :(

And his name is Miroslav Klose or why did you post it in this threat ? :)

Considering Thomas Muller is only 24 and has 8 goals in the WC already then i expect that he will break the record.

He might hit a drought or break something by the time 2018 rolls in, perhaps his face or larynx

no disrespect to France but the World Cup in 98 should have ended with Ronaldo scoring the winner because he was brilliant in that tournament

To know what happened before THAT final would sure be interesting: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2002/jun/29/worldcupfootball2002.sport3

I wouldn't say Klose has never done it a club level, prior to the WC 2006 for instance he had just scored a shitton for Bremen (25 Bundesliga goals that season). And prior to the WC 2010 he had barely played for Bayern at all. You must also consider his "looks for a pass rather than attempting to score" PPM, which is deserved. :D Still, he's not as skilfull and flairful as Ronaldo, and his strengths are something else completely. Comparing Ronaldo to Klose is a bit like comparing Müller to Balotelli, the one is a flair player with gifts in technique galore, the other is one that finds space where there shouldn't be. Though Ronaldo deservedly is the more prolific striker out of the first two.

And his name is Miroslav Klose or why did you post it in this threat ? :)

I posted that on the wrong thread as I had two or three threads open at the time. :D

To know what happened before THAT final would sure be interesting: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2002/jun/29/worldcupfootball2002.sport3

I wouldn't say Klose has never done it a club level, prior to the WC 2006 for instance he had just scored a shitton for Bremen (25 Bundesliga goals that season). And prior to the WC 2010 he had barely played for Bayern at all. You must also consider his "looks for a pass rather than attempting to score" PPM, which is deserved. :D Still, he's not as skilfull and flairful as Ronaldo, and his strengths are something else completely. Comparing Ronaldo to Klose is a bit like comparing Müller to Balotelli, the one is a flair player with gifts in technique galore, the other is one that finds space where there shouldn't be. Though Ronaldo deservedly is the more prolific striker out of the first two.

Performance at club level and at international level tend to be different anyway, Ronaldo barely played before the 2002 WC and still managed to score 8 goals in 2002.

World Cups

0 - 2

Ronaldo didn't play any game in 1994 though and he didn't win the title alone anyway, Brazil's 2002 team much stronger than anything Germany had in Klose's period.

Total dribbles

0 - 190

Dribbles are overrated!

Ronaldo didn't play any game in 1994 though and he didn't win the title alone anyway, Brazil's 2002 team much stronger than anything Germany had in Klose's period.

Exactly, so it's taken Klose twice as many tournaments to score the same amount of goals :brock:

Haha, in fairness, Klose might just be the best penalty box striker over the last 15 years, the guy is awesome.

Exactly, so it's taken Klose twice as many tournaments to score the same amount of goals :brock:

Not sure if you're just cracking a joke or not (so if you are I apologise) but Ronaldo's been at 4 tournaments (as has Klose).

Ronaldo - 94, 98, 02, 06

Klose - 02, 06, 10, 14

The image above states Ronaldo has only only been at 3 world cups because he's only played at 3. He's actually been at 4 :)

Not sure if you're just cracking a joke or not (so if you are I apologise) but Ronaldo's been at 4 tournaments (as has Klose).

Ronaldo - 94, 98, 02, 06

Klose - 02, 06, 10, 14

The image above states Ronaldo has only only been at 3 world cups because he's only played at 3. He's actually been at 4 :)

Ronaldo was in 4 WCs but he didn't play any game in 1994, so yes, they should have made it more clear there.

Ronaldo was in 4 WCs but he didn't play any game in 1994, so yes, they should have made it more clear there.

Indeed. I agree.

I didn't even know Ronaldo was at 94 (I was only a year old so I am excused :D) until someone posted above saying so.

Ronaldo - 94, 98, 02, 06

Klose - 02, 06, 10, 14

I was joking yes (kinda as tbh I'd forgot he went in 06 :o) - but I would have hoped the 2nd line would have shown I wasn't serious?

Indeed. I agree.

I didn't even know Ronaldo was at 94 (I was only a year old so I am excused :D) until someone posted above saying so.

Back then he was still called Ronaldinho as there was a Ronaldão in the squad. :cool:

I was joking yes (kinda as tbh I'd forgot he went in 06 :o) - but I would have hoped the 2nd line would have shown I wasn't serious?

Oh I know you were making a humorous comment, I just thought I should point out that he had actually played in three and not in two (which is what I took from your post, as opposed to the crap humour :brock:).

Archived