FM2015 really needs to shake it up

I dunno if maybe I am the only one that feels that FM is kind of turning like EA Sports games, some small improvements each year, but nothing WOW.

We haven't had new leagues in ages, etc.

Anyone else thinks its about SI step up to the plate and hit the next FM out of the ballpark?

The game doesnt need a major overhaul, it's still football and football doesnt change drastically from year to year, so FM shouldnt either. Same with FIFA. The only thing imo that needs an overhaul is the player interaction system which is just stale, limited and sometimes even bugged. Media involvement could use some help too. Other than that I'm not sure what major changes OP is talking about.

I dunno if maybe I am the only one that feels that FM is kind of turning like EA Sports games, some small improvements each year, but nothing WOW.

We haven't had new leagues in ages, etc.

Anyone else thinks its about SI step up to the plate and hit the next FM out of the ballpark?

Got any actual suggestions yourself?

What can you change in these annual-update type games that would have the wow factor?

Just adding more leagues certainly wont give it any where near a wow factor, to be fair there's more than enough for me.

Personally just a fantasy league type database would be a wow for me with set budget at the start to then pick any player in the world to makeup say a 25 man squad.

Still using real players and teams but clearly who plays for who being very diffferent.

Just couldnt want anything more to say start the season with a prem team knowing in theory all the others have started up with same conditions as you.

Therefore there's just as much chance as going down than there is winning the league say for Fulham and Man city and so it would really show how well YOU have done!

There isn't anything really "wow" to add, at least nothing that wouldn't turn the direction away from realism. All they need to do is stay on top of the rules, maybe add in a few new features around how real life football works, and tweak the ME. Instant profit.

I assumed the EA comment was a joke.

Their ME is like putting lipstick on a turd. Looks nice from afar but get a bit closer, and.......

I have a feeling that some people think that ME is just the 3D graphics representing the match.

I have a feeling that some people think that ME is just the 3D graphics representing the match.

Indeed. It's a common mistake. FIFA's visual representation is far superior, but its ME is rudimentary at best compared to FMs. I know which I'd rather have.

Things just need to be fine tuned. They have done for years. That would be enough of a WOW for me.

As it is, I think I am going to finally not buy the next game until March 2015 because that is the closest it gets to the final product.

The beauty of the current FM series is the ability to edit. If the code is dramatically changed then this element will disappear due to complexities that third party creators will not tackle due to said complexities/timescale. Also the comparisons with FIFA are pointless as that's a game and FM is a strategy thing,so it's a completely different audience. I believe the FM series is evolving well and as others have commented football doesn't make revolutionary changes so neither should FM. For sure as processing power in CPUs and graphic cards develops and memory becomes cheaper we will eventually see awesome graphics with the ME. For now just be happy with what we have and look forward to the definite if slow evolution of this fantastic series. On a personal note,the game is called Football Manager and although the technical area is drawn in the ME there's no manager in sight ! I want to see the manager stomping up and down,gesturing and kicking drinks bottles,why not it's hardly a technical challenge for SI to achieve!!

I remember when we went "wow" to the animated goal nets :D

I want to see the manager stomping up and down,gesturing and kicking drinks bottles,why not it's hardly a technical challenge for SI to achieve!!

That would make me go "wow". Hopefully we'll see this soon. #nerd

On a personal note,the game is called Football Manager and although the technical area is drawn in the ME there's no manager in sight ! I want to see the manager stomping up and down,gesturing and kicking drinks bottles,why not it's hardly a technical challenge for SI to achieve!!

That feature was somewhat present in the LMA manager series. You could customize the managers appearance and then he was visible in the 3d match.

Didn't do much than walked around, but at least he was there :D

It wouldn't add much to the game, but i agree, would be fun to actually have the manager there.

Please that excuse that the game is perfect now, I've heard it since I started playing back in 2000.

For one I would Like more leagues, especially more SA leagues like Paraguay and Ecuador. or at the very least, give us WAY more options to create new leagues. The leagues you can create right now is too limited in their formats.

A better match engine with improved graphics.

Way more realistic transfer system.

Increased speed processing performance.

etc

Please that excuse that the game is perfect now, I've heard it since I started playing back in 2000.

For one I would Like more leagues, especially more SA leagues like Paraguay and Ecuador. or at the very least, give us WAY more options to create new leagues. The leagues you can create right now is too limited in their formats.

A better match engine with improved graphics.

Way more realistic transfer system.

Increased speed processing performance.

etc

Nobody here has said the game is perfect.

The improvements you list are general improvements and is no different to what's in the wish list already. Every year the game is improved, so I'm struggling to see what sets this thread apart from the wish list.

What improvement/feature, in your opinion, would "hit the next FM out of the ballpark"?

What would be 'WOW' for me would be a complete overhaul of how you, the manager, interacts within the game.

The ME is tricky to master but probably the best yet, so I'd leave that alone and maybe 'fine tune it'.

What would be a big leap forward would be making the game feel far more personalised and interactive.

Talking to the board, the players, the press and so on is very limited atm and boringly repetitive.

Managers should be able to define who they are, what sort of manager they are and so on.

The game is called Football 'Manager' - and that's the point, SI should look at that side of things in greater depth.

Yes, there have been some amazing changes in this area over the years but nothing, WOW, for ages.

The last WOW I had was the reputation in leagues getting higher.

So much potential for the player in the game to get much more in depth and do more. Lose the repetitiveness in the game and throw in much more randomness.

Guess it's massively hard to do and not everyone's cup of tea?

I agree with a point that I've read in one of these posts. There's only so much you can implement in a game that's trying to be a real life simulation and not crossing the line of imagination. At a certain point it's even hard to get to new valid ideas. To be honest, I don't have much of those, but one of them is a personal, but it's a small one, I don't even find it that worthy to post it into the "wishlist thread".

I live in Slovenia, and I'm of Bosnian heritage. As we were able to see in the last couple of years, there's some MAJOR talent playing for BiH national team, coming from all over the world, due to the war that was going on in the 90's. Footballers of Bosnian heritage have a lot of talent, and also possess a lot of pride of their heritage - most of them want to play for Bosnian national team, regardless of where they were born and raised. Talents like Džeko, Begović, Pjanić and other are only the beginning. My point is that a lot of Bosnian talent in FM waits for a chance to play for the country where they were born and raised - the best example - Germany. With the growth of Bosnian national team, I believe that more and more players would like to play for BiH, regardless of the chance to play for Switzerland, Germany, etc...

That is a thing that I wished for a couple of FM games now to be implemented, and hopefully it will happen. But surely can't make a fuss if it doesn't.

That feature was somewhat present in the LMA manager series. You could customize the managers appearance and then he was visible in the 3d match.

Didn't do much than walked around, but at least he was there :D

It wouldn't add much to the game, but i agree, would be fun to actually have the manager there.

Customizing the managers appearance would be great. Would also be good if the manager's behavior on the sideline reflected how the manager responds in press conferences (calm, passionate, etc.).

I know this is only cosmetic but I would love to see it.

Stop updating the match engine every single patch and actually make the game better and more optimized. Take out some of the pointless stuff to make it fun better again!

Aye, that would go down swimmingly. I can see all the praise that'll roll in once they say they're not touching the match engine. Plus "pointless stuff" is extremely subjective. Nothing should be taken away, just refined.

Stop updating the match engine every single patch and actually make the game better and more optimized. Take out some of the pointless stuff to make it fun better again!

FM Classic was introduced for those who don't like some of the "additional" features such as tactic familiarity, training schemes, media interaction etc. I tried it, but really didn't get into it.

For me, the game doesn't need anything new, but there are issues that need to be looked at that will make it better. Again, there are other threads regarding those issues, so there's no point in me going through them here.

This is now just another wish list thread. Sorry, but I'm closing this thread.

For actual suggestions, here is the Official Wishlist thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/306914-What-s-that-A-new-Wishlist-Thread-What-you-would-like-to-see-in-future-FM-versions.

There is a FMC Wishlist thread too: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/368896-FMC2014-Wishlist-Thread?p=9510232#post9510232

Archived