Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.2.2 - Feedback Thread

Just had a perfect counter ruined by complete ridiculousness. Win the ball outside our own area, other side have over committed to ridiculous levels (nobody back despite it only being 25 minutes in, seems a bit extreme, might be a bug) and we're clean through on goal. Winger runs through, I'm thinking he's just going to keep going in a straight line towards the goal. For some reason, he decides to suddenly (about 15 yards from the box, still no defenders in sight) change his path and run diagonally towards his team mates before passing to him, despite his team mate standing quite clearly offside (probably because he expects the winger to score himself). Offside flag goes up. What should be the easiest goal we should score all season turns into nothing. I still have no idea why he did it. Even if the team mate wasn't offside one of the defenders would've caught up (or team mate would've passed backwards to a non existent team mate, my team likes doing that when clean through on goal). Doubt it's even a bug, just "bad decision making" or something.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just had a perfect counter ruined by complete ridiculousness. Win the ball outside our own area, other side have over committed to ridiculous levels (nobody back despite it only being 25 minutes in, seems a bit extreme, might be a bug) and we're clean through on goal. Winger runs through, I'm thinking he's just going to keep going in a straight line towards the goal. For some reason, he decides to suddenly (about 15 yards from the box, still no defenders in sight) change his path and run diagonally towards his team mates before passing to him, despite his team mate standing quite clearly offside (probably because he expects the winger to score himself). Offside flag goes up. What should be the easiest goal we should score all season turns into nothing. I still have no idea why he did it. Even if the team mate wasn't offside one of the defenders would've caught up (or team mate would've passed backwards to a non existent team mate, my team likes doing that when clean through on goal). Doubt it's even a bug, just "bad decision making" or something.

Another strange one same game, different player. Ball over the top, runs clean through and decides to attempt to cut onto his weaker foot rather than shoot with his stronger foot. Gets taken out, freekick given, ref only books the offender. Gotta love biased referees away from home. Thank god I'm winning.

Will be reporting a bug after this match has finished. Go to make tactical changes (quick sub), decide that I don't need to yet, accidentally click confirm. Despite clicking "Cancel Pending Changes", the option does not respond. I am now at a period where I think I do need to make changes (been 10 in game minutes) and the game is refusing to cancel or carry out the non existing changes, so I can't actually make ANY changes at all.

I also have counters ruuined by player decision's but mine simply run into each other.

It doesn't happen every time but, when it does, it drives me up the feckin' wall.

I'm sure there is a tactic reason for mine though. Just need to figure it out.

Will be reporting a bug after this match has finished. Go to make tactical changes (quick sub), decide that I don't need to yet, accidentally click confirm. Despite clicking "Cancel Pending Changes", the option does not respond. I am now at a period where I think I do need to make changes (been 10 in game minutes) and the game is refusing to cancel or carry out the non existing changes, so I can't actually make ANY changes at all.

Managed to survive the game despite it not letting me making any changes in the last 20 or so minutes. Opposition, for whatever reason, didn't go more attacking despite losing 2-0 at home. Good thing they didn't I might've messed up the result there. Which bug forum should I report this issue in? Interface bugs?

However, the first season in a game should, more often than not, mirror real life a lot closer.

So you feel that anyone who has success with a smaller club in the first season is exploiting the match engine rather than getting the most out of a team? I mean there are so many variables that go into every single season you quickly lose all deterministic ability anyway. In my current save Arsenal lost all their strikers and had to play a kid there, and are now struggling to make the top '. Interestingly, in the same save Cardiff are currently in 5th, 1 point from 4th. They are A.I. controlled, by the way. I think that level of success is perfectly plausible for AI or human managers.

I really think you are being too narrowminded in your view. Yes there will always be ways to exploit the match engine - there has been a variant on a corner exploit for thee last few games. But if you create a solid tactic, are adaptive in how you set up againsts opponents, can keep squad moral and cohesion high, then there is no reason you cannot have a great deal of success without exploiting anything.

• Administrators
Just been advised "Chelsea have been given £2,000 because of a 40% sell on clause for Raphael Pernao's transfer from Deportivo Brasil to Brasilia. They will also receive an extra £16,000 over the next 42 months....."

Do not recall this player being part of my Chelsea team at all and having checked his history there is no mention of Chelsea.

Seems like a bug, not material in my save but presumably there could be other bigger windfalls for other people.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Could be related to this - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1335629/Chelsea-beat-Manchester-City-secure-Fluminense-teenager-Rafael-Pernao.html

Sets two bench warmers to play 45 for a midweek U21 game for match fitness, another player to play 60. Manager for U21 plays all 3 for the entire match, now might be too tired for the first team at the weekend. :rolleyes:

Edit: Just checked, the U21 manager only made two subs all game, and both were at HT and neither needed to come off.

Sets two bench warmers to play 45 for a midweek U21 game for match fitness, another player to play 60. Manager for U21 plays all 3 for the entire match, now might be too tired for the first team at the weekend. :rolleyes:

I always interpereted those instructions to mean they must play for at least 45, 60, or 90mins, as opposed to being limited to those timescales.

However, and I know this is a rarity so prepare to frame it, I could be wrong.

That would make absolutely no sense.

I know, but I've seen it countless times before (and on previous versions too), where I've picked 45mins and they've played the full 90mins. Therefore I just assumed those timeframes were instructions to say the player cannot be subbed until then.

Or it could be the more sensible way around and it's a bug.

So this is really weird. I just was trying to buy Leon Goretzka from Schalke and first I was skeptical if he even wanted to come because his scout report said he had no interest in joining my team. So I went ahead and said in the press that I wanted to sign the lad and his reponse was positive in saying that playing for a club like Manchester United is what everyone dreams off and that he hopes I'll put in a formal bid for him. Well I went ahead and negotiated a deal with Schalke for €30m but as I went into negotiating a deal with Goretzka the agent just that that his client wasn't interested in joining my club. oO

What? But he just said 2 days ago that he hoped I would make an official offer for him... dafuq is going on here?

Methinks you are correct - a good spot.

If this has indeed been factored into the game database, it would be helpful to make reference to such "first refusal" clauses - club transfer clauses and player profile history perhaps.

So this is really weird. I just was trying to buy Leon Goretzka from Schalke and first I was skeptical if he even wanted to come because his scout report said he had no interest in joining my team. So I went ahead and said in the press that I wanted to sign the lad and his reponse was positive in saying that playing for a club like Manchester United is what everyone dreams off and that he hopes I'll put in a formal bid for him. Well I went ahead and negotiated a deal with Schalke for €30m but as I went into negotiating a deal with Goretzka the agent just that that his client wasn't interested in joining my club. oO

What? But he just said 2 days ago that he hoped I would make an official offer for him... dafuq is going on here?

A few possibles: 1 - he doesn't want to join but wants you to bid so he can force his club to offer him an improved contract (very realistic, but probably a bit advanced for FM). 2 - his agent tried to engineer the deal so he could take his share of the fees. 3 - he was saying one thing to the press and meaning another, maybe in case he wanted to move in the future. 4 - The press made it up.

Of course 5 - It could be a bug. No harm in uploading to the bugs forum so SI can take a look and confirm.

Just had a look at an AI vs AI match and seen a possible case of referee corruption (a bit farfetched I know, but you never know what SI have programmed in this game :D). Ball gets crossed into the box, referee gives a penalty for no reason. Penalty is saved and the taker goes to retrieve it and is running away from goal, an opposition defender runs towards him and there's a bit of a collision. Referee gives another penalty and sends the defender off for a professional foul. There was absolutely no way it should've been a red card. It wasn't even a yellow card foul. Should I report it?

And something that hasn't been discussed so far, do you guys think that hard tackling is properly tuned?

It seems to be causing tons of injuries to the opposing team due to playing rough, but it never gets punished considerably more. And from what I've noticed,I only go into an injury crisis seasons each time the fixtures list has me playing with the teams that tackle hard for the first 2 months. Whenever the fixtures spread these teams out,I have a normal season without much of a problem.

But no matter what, these teams never pick up the amount of yellow cards someone would expect. And even when they do, it's only because the referee is a card junky and gives 5-7 yellow cards per match anyway.

Played the game a fair bit more lately and have to say i think the defending leaves a lot to be desired. Seen many instances where a center back in a straight race with a forward will just stop running and leave the striker one on one with the keeper.

Also defenders seem to have a man well marked and be goal side only to then run away from the striker to again leave him one on one with the keeper again.

Also has anyone noticed any problems with kits? I ask because i've had 2 home games in the last few in game weeks against the same team and i've been in my away kit both times.

That happens a lot in real life, particularly when a team's home kit in some way clashes with both the home and away kit of the opposition. The team I support IRL have worn their away kit at home three times this season already.

A couple of corner related quirks that seem to occur pretty regularly;

Have seen several instances of defenders taking throw ins about 10 yards (estimate) from their own corner flag, intending to throw ball to goalkeeper - ball goes nowhere near keeper and out for corner.......Presumably just bad judgement rather than bug.

Also, when viewing in 3D, there seem to be instances in just about every match when ball visually clearly goes out for a throw in but a corner is awarded. Hopefully a case of visuals not matching what is intended rather than a bug.

That happens a lot in real life, particularly when a team's home kit in some way clashes with both the home and away kit of the opposition. The team I support IRL have worn their away kit at home three times this season already.

This was man utd wearing their away kit at home to nottingham forest. I'm not sure but thought forests away kit was blue?

I think it's a bug (and have uploaded quite a few examples). I play as Dorchester who are black and white stripes for home and yellow and red stripes away. Every time I play a team who has red or yellow in their home kit, both teams end up wearing their away strips rather than us wearing our home kit to avoid a clash.

You might get the odd example in real life of a team wearing an away kit at home, but it is more common that the away team would wear its home shirt to avoid a clash.

and the offsides are also broken in corners: whenever the player who comes closes passes the ball again to the player that kicked the corner delivers the pass it's always offside... considering that there are two opponent players at the posts, it's quite impossible to be offside.

Well, I've never seen this before. Doing well with my Sittard team at the moment, on a nice run of form. Anyway, 4-0 up at half time at home to Sparta Rotterdam. Started the 2nd half, and the first highlight starts at 50 mins. With the team now 5-0 up! I would have thought a goal would have been quite an important highlight to show. :confused:

Well, I've never seen this before. Doing well with my Sittard team at the moment, on a nice run of form. Anyway, 4-0 up at half time at home to Sparta Rotterdam. Started the 2nd half, and the first highlight starts at 50 mins. With the team now 5-0 up! I would have thought a goal would have been quite an important highlight to show. :confused:

Game obviously decided "Well, he's seen 4 goals already, he doesn't want to see any more of that rubbish, let's give him a cleared corner and a yellow card on the halfway line."

yeah, same have happened here a few times :(

One for the bugs forum

I hate to say it, but it really is your tactics combined with a lucky day for your opponents. If I looked at those stats without the score I would have guessed at 0-0.

You are obviously keeping the ball well but without purpose, or a cutting edge.

If you show the pass analysis for your side I would assume that there will be little to nothing within 5 yards of your opponents box.

It would be what you said if corners werent broken.

I spend HOURS trying to make my team solid, I ACHIEVE IT, and those hours turn to garbage because of ridiculus things that happens in set pieces.

I have possesion, i won tackles, headers, i have 14 corners, i have 4 shots on target.

They have two corners in the game and thats it. NOTHING ELSE. And 2 goals. Ridiculus.

a 0-1 would be still frustrating but a little understandable. This 0-2 made me sick.

And no its no luck. No matter who you play they create cccs for fun. 4 shots, 2 cccs. 2 shots, 1ccc. 6 shots, 3 cccs. 2 corners 2 goals.

Its like they stoped pnp tactics by AI cheat and no by logical facts. Thats the feeling i have since 14.2.1

Funny thing is that ME has great potential. I ve seen a "Simeone" tactic working exactly how it should.

I ve seen a Guardiola tactic doing the same.

And all of the sudden after 10-20 matches everything falls apart and you get ripped by everyone.

I am really tired of this, game is over for me until next patch and next year, June buy.

There are a few players in my first team who have a faded "Rsv" symbol beside their name in the squad screen. These players are NOT currently selected to play for the reserves, but at one point I did have them play for the reserves until match fit. These players don't actually seem to get selected for the reserves, it's just that the symbol is there.

Is this supposed to be the case?

Really like this years version, removing the sliders made the game more enjoyable.

There's too many own goals, though, just had this brilliant volleyed own goal from the half way line with my Reading team

[video=youtube;PYZBpl8Ptt0]

I'm really looking forward to the next patch. From what I read and reported, there are a few bugs or crashs the game, this has everything to be the best fm history!

The match engine is the only problem, is very boring to play because of it, there are several problems being reported realize forums in general and especially here in the forum sigames: Goalkeepers not jump, just do not make any movement at all types of bid, quarterbacks who did not fight opponents, charged directly outside corners, lack of control of the ball players ... realatei now and I see several reports, I know that everything will be repaired :)

I think everyone is awaiting the much anticipated patch ... Will it now be available in February? Hopefully!

I know this will not help but want to strengthen my thinking the match engine :

Please pay attention to these important points !

- Adjust the ball field

- Adjust the movement of the puppets ( passing, dribbling ) is very robotic

- Ajeitem setbacks that cause the ball into goals , something totally unrealistic

- Ajeitem markup, no use put defensive players if they do not fight do not mark anyone

- Fit the style of play , it seems that only to play on the counter attack !

- Cons adjust these goals , many happen in the game , as well as injuries , it has to be repaired urgently !

- Can not - forget to fix something primal , players with good finishing kick can not totally crooked, as well as the free shots , maybe hit have to hit the goal and not play for the Stars!

I think we all want a match engine that realistically simulates football with basic movements and faithful to the movement of the ball and players , please animations this patch has to save the 14 fm !

Is anyone else seeing some really unrealistic tables in the PL. Arsenal ended up 7th, Manchester City 10th, Tottenham 11th and Liverpool 14th. I ended up winning the league 1 point ahead of Chelsea, I'm Manchester United btw and didn't make any signings in my first season apart from Honda on a free transfer during the winter. Chelsea was btw 26 points ahead of the third placed team Southampton.

Really like this years version, removing the sliders made the game more enjoyable.

There's too many own goals, though, just had this brilliant volleyed own goal from the half way line with my Reading team

[video=youtube;PYZBpl8Ptt0]

:lol: Brilliant. How much did the bet-mafia pay him for that goal I wonder? :D

Archived