Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.2.2 - Feedback Thread

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry for this not being 'feedback' as such, but I don't really know where else to put it, and it still does involve the topic of the current patch.

I play journeyman games most of the time. I'm currently in my second season with Basingstoke, got them promoted in first season, and we're currently exceeding all expectations in the Skrill Premier by placing 3rd in the table, about 1/3 through the season. Normally around this time, or perhaps a bit later on, your name can begin to be linked with other clubs, and occasionally will get some interview offers.

I'm well aware of the problem some people have of not being able to get many interviews and/or job offers when using sunday league reputation AND while unemployed.

Would somebody in the know, or someone who has experienced this already be able to tell me if the amount of rumours/interviews/job offers from other clubs is also limited because of the current patch issue when you're still managing a side? I'm trying to play a realistic journeyman game, and while I'm very happy with Basingstoke for the time being, I don't intend to play a one club save, and if I'm not going to get any other offers and be forced to stay here, I may as well stop playing until it gets properly patched.

Thanks in advance guys.

I have to problems i didn't noticed on the previous update ?

1) just before each game we get into the 'team selection' screen (tactics) . it always seem to display ' assistant reports' and i want it to be 'team selection info'

How can this be solved ?

2) when going to the tactics screen when playing a game, the player positions are gone ? i have to change them by clicking on the player on the tactics screen .

Never had this before ?

Ive conceded 11 goals in 8 games and 6 of them are from corners and two penos, only one goal from open play.

The massive amount of corner goals is really annoying, just watched all of the goals during the WC 2014 and every game had at least 50% of the goals scored through corners. But afaik SI is aware of the problem and hopefully they will get it fixed for the next ME update.

House rules or no house rules, I think the ME needs to be worked on for a good year or so. Which will mean no release for a year. (Once off). Pro evo have done this for the better of the game

I think SI need to go down this path also. I would think that they dont release FM15, but instead, just a data update for FM14, and in the meantime they can spend a good full year on the ME for future versions instead of stressing about making the current version 'playable' with patches.

I think this could be met with ofcourse a little controversy by some, but I do believe the hardcore gamers would understand and would give this the tick of approval. I would love if SI did this IMO, as it would allow the Dev team and the Match Engine team a good solid year of work without distractions from us users nagging about patches etc.

Ofcourse it could be a once off, or even if it happened twice in 20 years for arguments sake, I do believe it will be for the better. Both for us hardcore FM players, and for the game in general.

Would appreciate it if this post is not removed. I am just trying to relay ideas for the better of the game and community.

The opponent corners sometimes really make me cry.

There is no way to deal with it, you have simply to accept that THIS is the game. It's incredible, especially when you think to FM13 (last patch) and you wonder why they don't start from there.

The removing of the slides? Who cares, when in the opposite you have to accept these incredible corners where you are defenseless.

Another thing - horrible - it's that every single team on the game, from Premier to Skrill, from Spain to Northern Ireland, play in the same way. You can see ridiculous teams play like Barcelona, direct passing in first touch, direct shoots from 30 meters right in the net, dribbling by players with NO dribbling skills and "Usain Bolt's Runs" by slow players. You can say what you want to your team, they'll never obey to you.

Terrible, i wonder how in the world in January 22 we must to deal with these flawless errors.

I don't speak - i got pity - about the transfers. Especially when you offer (ex.) 5 ML and the club refuse just to sell the same player in the same day to other teams for 2.5 ML.

Or when you offer a contract and the player refuse because he want to go on another team, same reputation as yours but minor wage.

Because this is FM and if you - like me - play this game from 2003 you MUST accept.

But the corners no, oh god, no. The way the teams play no. It's simply incredible we are in this conditions 5 months and a half the game was buyed. 6 months before the next.

Playable? By the way, it's playable. You can try to beat the ME, and sometimes i do. But this is not playing FM.

After so many days of my life spending to understand what I'M wrong and after these DAMN corners, im really wordless. Make me laugh remembering when we ask a patch in october ("man, it's one month that game is on!") and i heard that "you gotta to be patient". Well, wow...

EDIT: REALLY too many goals! How is it possible that nobody in the SI noticed this? Really, is crazy!

2w3ukxg.png

House rules or no house rules, I think the ME needs to be worked on for a good year or so. Which will mean no release for a year. (Once off). Pro evo have done this for the better of the game

I think SI need to go down this path also. I would think that they dont release FM15, but instead, just a data update for FM14, and in the meantime they can spend a good full year on the ME for future versions instead of stressing about making the current version 'playable' with patches.

I think this could be met with ofcourse a little controversy by some, but I do believe the hardcore gamers would understand and would give this the tick of approval. I would love if SI did this IMO, as it would allow the Dev team and the Match Engine team a good solid year of work without distractions from us users nagging about patches etc.

Ofcourse it could be a once off, or even if it happened twice in 20 years for arguments sake, I do believe it will be for the better. Both for us hardcore FM players, and for the game in general.

Would appreciate it if this post is not removed. I am just trying to relay ideas for the better of the game and community.

Its never going to happen.

They get on with it regardless of how much we nag for patches, that's why we say there is no point demanding an update, because they wont release it till they are happy.

For my money, I wouldn't buy FM15 if it was just an update.

Its never going to happen.

They get on with it regardless of how much we nag for patches, that's why we say there is no point demanding an update, because they wont release it till they are happy.

For my money, I wouldn't buy FM15 if it was just an update.

Exactly mate, which is why they dont even release FM15, but just a data update for FM14. They 'skip' FM15 and their next release is FM16.

Us gamers still have a great game with the final patch of FM14 (Including data update for 14/15 season) which people will enjoy, and SI can spend 12-18 months on ensuring next version is much better. Best of both worlds IMO. I can definitely see it happening and I honestly think SI should consider something like this.

Exactly mate, which is why they dont even release FM15, but just a data update for FM14. They 'skip' FM15 and their next release is FM16.

Us gamers still have a great game with the final patch of FM14 (Including data update for 14/15 season) which people will enjoy, and SI can spend 12-18 months on ensuring next version is much better. Best of both worlds IMO. I can definitely see it happening and I honestly think SI should consider something like this.

You have misunderstood what I wrote. It makes no difference to the ME team as it stands (patches don't get released when asked for, but when they are happy, so it would change nothing about the nagging). I can also pretty much see it not happening. They certainly wont be "skipping" FM15.

House rules or no house rules, I think the ME needs to be worked on for a good year or so.

...except this is exactly what happens. They don't just release the game then head off to the pub. They work on the ME every single day. If they didn't release FM15, then the FM16 ME would still be in the same state that it would be in had they stuck to the usual release cycle. They can't just throw more and more developers at it - in fact, that would hinder development I imagine.

I wouldnt pay to update FM14, whats the point in that?

It will never happen, you need to understand business to understand why it will never happen, SI are no where near the level of Konami when it comes to finances.

I wouldnt pay to update FM14, whats the point in that?

It will never happen, you need to understand business to understand why it will never happen, SI are no where near the level of Konami when it comes to finances.

Good point.

Would be nice to see SI team up with a larger organisation to assist them in perhaps publishing etc. ala Eidos/SI partnership.

Could you imagine an SI/Konami partnership. Wow

Good point.

Would be nice to see SI team up with a larger organisation to assist them in perhaps publishing etc. ala Eidos/SI partnership.

Eh, are you forgetting SEGA? I think they have a big publisher already.

I dont really see what Konami would bring to FM, SI are the masters of this kinda game, otherwise they would have competition. What do you feel Konami would bring to the game?

Good point.

*imagines it*

Urgh. You'd really want a developer who have traded on the nostalgia of some very good PS2 games to release version after version that absolutely phones it in?

Eh, are you forgetting SEGA? I think they have a big publisher already.

I dont really see what Konami would bring to FM, SI are the masters of this kinda game, otherwise they would have competition. What do you feel Konami would bring to the game?

How could I forget SEGA. The heatwave here in Australia has gotten to me mate.

Well, Konami is all about 'realistic' football simulation, which is what sets them apart from FIFA. Pro Evo is always evolving and their 13' game was the best since the PS2 days. I think their passion for a realistic match engine on the console can really help SI and Football manager with a better Match Engine and much better 3D animations. Because we do know that what we see on the pitch is not always exactly what is happening. I feel Konami could really assist, initially in the 3D animations department and Match Engine.

They bring finances to the table, more resources, and they also can be associated with Football Manager, which would be seen as a big step in terms of their pedigree and reputation in making football games. Win for both.

Well, Konami is all about 'realistic' football simulation, which is what sets them apart from FIFA. Pro Evo is always evolving and their 13' game was the best since the PS2 days. I think their passion for a realistic match engine on the console can really help SI and Football manager with a better Match Engine and much better 3D animations. Because we do know that what we see on the pitch is not always exactly what is happening. I feel Konami could really assist, initially in the 3D animations department and Match Engine.

They bring finances to the table, more resources, and they also can be associated with Football Manager, which would be seen as a big step in terms of their pedigree and reputation in making football games. Win for both.

Konami are not about making realistic football simulators. PES is so far away from real football its unreal. These games are not designed to be simulators, they are arcade versions of football. I would HATE to see Konami get their hands on the FM ME, it would take it further away from real football. PES is designed to be fast paced, high action football, not follow a real life game.

They MAY help improve the 3D graphics, but in order to have high end spec graphics, you need people running high end spec PC's, FMers typically dont have high end computers. I play on a £300 blue plastic laptop that would blue screen as soon as you tried to run anything high end through it.

I dont see SI being associated with Konami as any bonus to them really.

To make it short, yes. Moving on shall we

I see. I guess if someone disagrees, we'll just move on then. that's the game.

Well if you think the latest incarnations of Pro Evo have been particularly realistic, then that's...great I suppose. The versions I have played are absolutely miles away from proper football, and seem to be coded by people who have been told about football, rather than actually understanding it by playing. To call it a realistic football simulation is quite frankly ridiculous.

If you're really going to go down the route of being desperate for someone else to get involved, I'd rather it was EA to be honest. And I hate EA.

At least EA would have a remote link to this kinda game with FIFAMan, even then, after trying it, i wouldnt want them involved in FM.

But we're straying WELL off topic here, and im sure i have said before i wont go into more about software development on here! Sorry again guys! :)

At least EA would have a remote link to this kinda game with FIFAMan, even then, after trying it, i wouldnt want them involved in FM.

But we're straying WELL off topic here, and im sure i have said before i wont go into more about software development on here! Sorry again guys! :)

Na mate, cheers. Good discussion

I really don't see the 'insane' amount of corner goals on my saves that others harp on about. I'm 20 games into my current season in Holland, and have scored four goals from corners, and conceded five. The most any team in the league has scored is eleven, which is around one every two games, which seems normal enough to me. Incidentally, I've also only saw two own goals during this time, one for and one against. Actually, thinking about it, I can't remember a glaring keeper error in this save either! Guess I've been lucky there.

And it's not just this save. I've had numerous saves across many different division and neither my team nor the division on the whole have ever scored from an excessive amount of corners.

Personally I think the 'too many corner goals' could be linked to a player's tactical set up (wait..come back), particularly those who set their teams up in such a way that they get an unrealistic amount of attempts on goal. More shots on goal will indirectly lead to more corners, more corners will indirectly lead to more corner goals. I've got my team playing a more patient build up, and as of now, we're having less shots but are far more clinical with them, so I don't get THAT many corners. I think I average about 6 or 7 corners a game, if that. I'll check when I get home.

EDIT - What I WILL say is that the majority of the corners I both score and concede happen from that awful defending where the defender heads it straight back into the danger area when he could easily let it go out for a goal kick. I think that definitely needs fixed.

I'm with Dave- I'm still not seeing corner goals as any kind of issue in the saves I've played. They're happening about as regularly as I'd expect them to.

There must be some underlying reason why it's such an issue for some and not for others. SI have comfirmed they're looking into it, so something must be up with them, but it's strange that not all users are affected. Had a chat with a few of the guys in the office here who play it regularly, and none of them have noticed anything glaring about corners either. It's a weird one.

I

Well if you think the latest incarnations of Pro Evo have been particularly realistic, then that's...great I suppose. The versions I have played are absolutely miles away from proper football, and seem to be coded by people who have been told about football, rather than actually understanding it by playing. To call it a realistic football simulation is quite frankly ridiculous.

I think that's a tad harsh. If PES or FIFA (really representing two sides of the exact samem coin) would be balanced to reproduce football realistically, nobody would play them. A friend of mine and me used to play a couple FIFA matches on 2x45 minutes, and the scoreline was something like 30-28, whitout penalties or extra time, mind. There are some aspects, in particular defending and closing down, where I think PES and FIFA are ahead of SI's FM in parts. Defending in FM has always been very very isolated, with almost always but a single player stepping up and engaging the ball carrier. There are few instances of proper team defending. Naturally, the overall play and patterns of FIFA and PES are nowhere near, there is no reorganizing and little passingn about, but they're made to be end to end stuff because else they wouldn't be much fun (for most people, anyway). The bad thing for FM is that popular action games have had an influence on people's perception of the real sports, hence when they see AI Pirlo on FIFA getting every DFK on target, they think that the conversion rate of DFKs in FM was miles off (it is too low, but not as much as many think), when it is FIFA that is modeling things a very very excessively glorified way to get some action in their games.

Konami and Electronic Arts both tried to simply incorporate FIFA Soccer and PES (5 back then, I think) into management games – and apart from looking slick, that attempt failed. Tactical instructions in many cases never made it past the UI and into the fast paced one-way match action, similar went for many player attributes, it was just the FIFA/PES AI playing itself. Neither engine truly simulated a player's/team's confidence and match events affecting it, which would have been an added bonus in comparison anyway considering how horrible and wildly alienating say the match day experience in something like FIFA Manager truly was. In the last couple of iterations, no matter what you (or the AI) did, and there was lots you could click on, either side would just keep on direct attacking (players would always get the ball forward by default ASAP).

I'm sorry for this not being 'feedback' as such, but I don't really know where else to put it, and it still does involve the topic of the current patch.

I play journeyman games most of the time. I'm currently in my second season with Basingstoke, got them promoted in first season, and we're currently exceeding all expectations in the Skrill Premier by placing 3rd in the table, about 1/3 through the season. Normally around this time, or perhaps a bit later on, your name can begin to be linked with other clubs, and occasionally will get some interview offers.

I'm well aware of the problem some people have of not being able to get many interviews and/or job offers when using sunday league reputation AND while unemployed.

Would somebody in the know, or someone who has experienced this already be able to tell me if the amount of rumours/interviews/job offers from other clubs is also limited because of the current patch issue when you're still managing a side? I'm trying to play a realistic journeyman game, and while I'm very happy with Basingstoke for the time being, I don't intend to play a one club save, and if I'm not going to get any other offers and be forced to stay here, I may as well stop playing until it gets properly patched.

Thanks in advance guys.

To answer my own question, I've just received an interview offer from Macclesfield in the same division as us without applying, and I'm only in my second season, so clearly this is not an issue while you're actually employed. Now I just need to stay employed for the rest of my career. :D

I don't know if this is the right place to post it, but there is an issue to look at with the U21 and U18 fixture lists (England).

lAwnkiv.png

uuAlNXz.png

As English teams have U18 teams instead of U19 teams, the U19 Champions League fixtures are put on the U21 teams fixture lists, with rules in place to prevent players over 19 to participate. The teams that play are pretty much the U18 team with 19-year olds though, and I'm not sure how this is done in real life, but playing a U18 game and a U19 game the same day, seems like too much to me. I kind of makes it difficult to succeed in the U19 champions league, especially if you let your U18 and U21 managers control the youth teams. I think this is the first time they've played the same day, but the two youth teams have played only a day apart in previous seasons, which has lead to grayed out players having to play in one of the game.

I have two other issues as well. I don't have a screenshot of this as it happened last season, but one of my youth teams were invited to a youth club invitational, which is awesome, but one of the games, lead to a first team league game being postponed, although this was a youth club invitational in Italy, and not with the first team. So I don't think it should've postponed the first team game.

The third thing, and this is really really minor issue, but check the screenshot:

xAhTCqZ.png

Van Persie took the time out to praise my midfielder Santos, and compared him to FORMER player Phil Jones, which is still very much a part of my team.

Anyway, just thought I should mention it, and help improve an already awesome game.

I think that's a tad harsh. If PES or FIFA (really representing two sides of the exact samem coin) would be balanced to reproduce football realistically, nobody would play them. A friend of mine and me used to play a couple FIFA matches on 2x45 minutes, and the scoreline was something like 30-28, whitout penalties or extra time, mind. There are some aspects, in particular defending and closing down, where I think PES and FIFA are ahead of SI's FM in parts. Defending in FM has always been very very isolated, with almost always but a single player stepping up and engaging the ball carrier. There are few instances of proper team defending. Naturally, the overall play and patterns of FIFA and PES are nowhere near, there is no reorganizing and little passingn about, but they're made to be end to end stuff because else they wouldn't be much fun (for most people, anyway). The bad thing for FM is that popular action games have had an influence on people's perception of the real sports, hence when they see AI Pirlo on FIFA getting every DFK on target, they think that the conversion rate of DFKs in FM was miles off (it is too low, but not as much as many think), when it is FIFA that is modeling things a very very excessively glorified way to get some action in their games.

Konami and Electronic Arts both tried to simply incorporate FIFA Soccer and PES (5 back then, I think) into management games – and apart from looking slick, that attempt failed. Tactical instructions in many cases never made it past the UI and into the fast paced one-way match action, similar went for many player attributes, it was just the FIFA/PES AI playing itself. Neither engine truly simulated a player's/team's confidence and match events affecting it, which would have been an added bonus in comparison anyway considering how horrible and wildly alienating say the match day experience in something like FIFA Manager truly was. In the last couple of iterations, no matter what you (or the AI) did, and there was lots you could click on, either side would just keep on direct attacking (players would always get the ball forward by default ASAP).

Thank you. Good point

Ok, maybe my comment was a bit limited, but I wouldn't say it was harsh. I said they were unrealistic, and they are compared to FM. My comment about the Pro Evo makers was something I've seen mentioned a few times when talking about the game. It was semi-flippant, but I'd say there's some truth in it. PES never quite felt right in the last few iterations, and hasn't really ever felt like football (back in the ISS glory days, it wasn't either, but it was great fun).

I'd probably say your post sums up more why I wouldn't want either company involved. SI are building a completely different game to what EA/Konami are.

EDIT - What I WILL say is that the majority of the corners I both score and concede happen from that awful defending where the defender heads it straight back into the danger area when he could easily let it go out for a goal kick. I think that definitely needs fixed.

That's what i wanted to say.

Assuming that i believe that in your career things don't goes like this, i have to say that in my careers i see too many corner-goals (often following a defenders mistake) and too many goals in general - not only in my matches but in the whole world around.

I have to problems i didn't noticed on the previous update ?

1) just before each game we get into the 'team selection' screen (tactics) . it always seem to display ' assistant reports' and i want it to be 'team selection info'

How can this be solved ?

2) when going to the tactics screen when playing a game, the player positions are gone ? i have to change them by clicking on the player on the tactics screen .

Never had this before ?

Anyone please ?

I'm noticing that the visual quality of my team's matches has improved as my players have got used to my tactical system. I usually find that it takes a couple of months for my players to start winning consistently with my system, and as this has happened, the look of what I'm seeing on-screen has improved, too.

I know the above makes perfect sense, but I wonder if some of the ME issues that people are seeing (there are bugs, too, don't get me wrong) is down to their team's understanding of their tactical system.

I'm noticing that the visual quality of my team's matches has improved as my players have got used to my tactical system. I usually find that it takes a couple of months for my players to start winning consistently with my system, and as this has happened, the look of what I'm seeing on-screen has improved, too.

I know the above makes perfect sense, but I wonder if some of the ME issues that people are seeing (there are bugs, too, don't get me wrong) is down to their team's understanding of their tactical system.

Well i hope that anyone (including me) moan about the game mistakes try the formation with full knowledge. If not, sure that problems have to be.

Also if i never understand why AI's teams seems always knows every formation 100/100.

I'm not sure whether the following is or could be a bug, but I thought it was strange enough to post in this thread.

In my current save I'm managing Dutch Eredivisie side ADO Den Haag, which is a 'feeder' club to Chelsea. Because I don't have to pay anything to get Chelsea-players on loan and they don't care at all whether I'm actually letting them play matches, I decided to get 17 y/o Bertrand Traoré from Burkina Faso on loan, almost immediately after I started the game. Unfortunately, due to Dutch law, he was prohibited from playing ANY matches for ANY of my teams (including Reserves and Youth) until he had reached the age of 18, since he's a non-EU citizen. Because his 18th birthday is on 9/6/2013, I thought this was only a minor setback.

Bertrand didn't agree.

On August 30th - 3 days before the end of the transferwindow and 7 days (!) before his 18th birthday - I received an e-mail in which Traoré asked me to terminate the loan agreement, because - get this - he felt he wasn't getting enough matchtime... I initially rejected, but because I received the same message immediately after pressing continue, I decided to go along with his wishes (knowing he would probably keep asking me).

How is it possible that the player himself is unaware of the fact that I'm simply NOT ALLOWED to let him play matches? Also, the timing of his request (7 days before he's 18 y/o!) felt really awkward...

Wow, Cardiff.

capture.png

And the second year in Serie A is like this:

xaz9y.png

Sampdoria (!) won Serie A, Parma 3d place, Livorno 6th place.

I read somewhere that there's nothing that SI will do about Serie A, all i have to say it's that these results means amateur knowledge of italian football, because there is no way that a football lover can accept a game with these results. It's like in a F1 game the Red Bull NEVER WIN. Absurd. Horrible. Can't understand how it's possible.

We all know this is a game and everything can happen, but with a 3-4 year at least a team that play to avoid relegation can challenge for the title.

This is the second season.

Wordless. If i'm not seeing with my very eyes i can't believe it.

xaz9y.png

Sampdoria (!) won Serie A, Parma 3d place, Livorno 6th place.

I read somewhere that there's nothing that SI will do about Serie A, all i have to say it's that these results means amateur knowledge of italian football, because there is no way that a football lover can accept a game with these results. It's like in a F1 game the Red Bull NEVER WIN. Absurd. Horrible. Can't understand how it's possible.

We all know this is a game and everything can happen, but with a 3-4 year at least a team that play to avoid relegation can challenge for the title.

What exactly should they do about this one season in one game?

because there is no way that a football lover can accept a game with these results. It's like in a F1 game the Red Bull NEVER WIN. Absurd. Horrible. Can't understand how it's possible.

How did a rubbish team like Sassuolo finish mid-table?? It's an outrage. The game is clearly broken.

I don't know if this is the right place to post it, but there is an issue to look at with the U21 and U18 fixture lists (England).

lAwnkiv.png

uuAlNXz.png

As English teams have U18 teams instead of U19 teams, the U19 Champions League fixtures are put on the U21 teams fixture lists, with rules in place to prevent players over 19 to participate. The teams that play are pretty much the U18 team with 19-year olds though, and I'm not sure how this is done in real life, but playing a U18 game and a U19 game the same day, seems like too much to me. I kind of makes it difficult to succeed in the U19 champions league, especially if you let your U18 and U21 managers control the youth teams. I think this is the first time they've played the same day, but the two youth teams have played only a day apart in previous seasons, which has lead to grayed out players having to play in one of the game.

I have two other issues as well. I don't have a screenshot of this as it happened last season, but one of my youth teams were invited to a youth club invitational, which is awesome, but one of the games, lead to a first team league game being postponed, although this was a youth club invitational in Italy, and not with the first team. So I don't think it should've postponed the first team game.

The third thing, and this is really really minor issue, but check the screenshot:

xAhTCqZ.png

Van Persie took the time out to praise my midfielder Santos, and compared him to FORMER player Phil Jones, which is still very much a part of my team.

Anyway, just thought I should mention it, and help improve an already awesome game.

I sold 2 players to Bournemouth, one player was asked if he would consider a loan move to Motherwell, he said no. The thing was he was quoted as Hibernian player Owain Tudor-Jones, not Bournemouth player??

How did a rubbish team like Sassuolo finish mid-table?? It's an outrage. The game is clearly broken.

I mean common. This just smells like poor programming. SI need to give us a polished game. These things turn me off completely, not to mention the corner bug.

There are a few players in my first team who have a faded "Rsv" symbol beside their name in the squad screen. These players are NOT currently selected to play for the reserves, but at one point I did have them play for the reserves until match fit. These players don't actually seem to get selected for the reserves, it's just that the symbol is there.

Is this supposed to be the case?

This is a problem since the 14.2.2 update .

I selected a player for the U 21's until match fit . The player was match fit later but the [Rsv] Icon was still there.To get rid of it I selected him for the U 21's and deselected him and it was gone . Report it to the bugs forum.

Another season, another start with draws that involve 2-4 woodworks each.

I even lost to a cup with a total of 6 woodworks. SIX. I had 3 woodworks in the game, then the referee gives them a fake penalty at the 85th minute and then my players hit the woodwork another 3 times in the penalty shootout. For a total of an average of 2.3 woodworks within 10 games.

I'm done with this. Not buying this game until woodworks and game upsets are fixed. There hasn't been a single upset draw/lose that didn't involve at least 2 woodworks so far and that's in 12 seasons of play. Even when I won in UEFA, it was because of Goteborg having a total of 5 woodworks on the 2 games played.

Over 2/3 of the loses I feel like I'm being cheated. Up to FM12 this wasn't the case. Even in FM11 with the emo players going from superb to abysmall overnight with a single manager comment,it felt more acceptable than this "upset" madness that keeps happening over and over, every single season.

Archived