Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.2.2 - Feedback Thread

What have you done? If you start the game in February 2014 with the 14.2-patch, the Premier Leauge is completley messed up. With the previous patch, teams like Man C, Chelsea, and so on was in the top of the table, and Cardiff, Crystal Palace and Hull in the bottom. Now, it's a mess with Cardiff in the top, and Liverpool, Man C and Arsenal at the very bottom. Why?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These match engine "tweaks" that seem to occur in each patch are becoming a bit of a joke now, and it seems SI are trying to perfect something that is impossible. Its like the man with the short blanket - he either pulls it up to cover his chest and neck, leaving his feet cold, or pulls it down to cover his feet and leaves his neck and chest cold. Every patch seems to "fix" some problems but then cause other problems, and it would be far better for them to just leave it as it was (Fwiw I thought the match engine in 14.1.4 was fine) and focus on fixing the User Interface issues.

It's like playing a different game each time a new patch comes out - and the fact you can't keep an older version of a patched game is crazy. Please stop fiddling with something that is never going to be perfect.

Yeah but that one’s not so bad a least it looks like a genuine error and the GK does a little despairing drive in an attempt to get the ball.

I genuinely hope that is a joke? the opposition player has kicked the ball inside his own half it has bounced through at snails pace and the keeper just had to pick it up but he dived straight down...hit him and bounced about 3 more times into the goal...are you for real a genuine keeper error?

Where did the option to extend a loan go?

Before the patch I was able to offer clubs that have loaned my players to extend that loan. Now I can't find that option anymore.

this

I would like to send my prosepect on 2 year (seasons ) loan @.@ as in that 2 years time my old players can be sold or run out of contract

For your next few games, go on holiday and see what happens when your AM manages the team. If you see more realistic scorelines with more realistic stats, well, you can probably guess the rest...

Ι dont see why i have to do that for my good experienced keeper who is in good morale to not concede 7 goals in 11 shots from an average team in such an important match...

Ι dont see why i have to do that for my good experienced keeper who is in good morale to not concede 7 goals in 11 shots from an average team in such an important match...

Conceding goals isn't only down to the keeper. The defence and midfield are responsible too.

The thing that i cant understand is how from a very good 14.1.4(not perfect but logical representation of football) we ended up with the current 14.2 where me has new non realistic glitches like first touch,gk,defending,own goals,world clash strikes not scoring,corners...

I am not a programmer of course but still.

Also the people who are testing the new patches before the release,i am curious didn't they see those kind of things.

The customer isn't always right though, so not really sure why it's relevant here. If you've ever paid attention those these forums, you'd know the what people want varies all oever the place, and often contradicts what someone else wants. Just take a look at any wishlist thread. The simple fact is, that's users we don't have to buy the game every year. We have a choice, amazingly we aren't actually forced to buy the game. Let's not pretended you know the inner workings and motives of anyone inside SI. We play a free demo, decide whether its worth our hard earned cash, and go from there. The design is modular btw. The match recently DID have its major revamp, post FM12. The game may come out yearly, but not everything is designed in a year.

I am aware of that. I am more aware more than you know about the inner workings at SI. And unlike a lot of posters on here who seem to think SI exists for their beck and call, I am also aware that SI has a bottom line to maintain. Whilst I don't doubt there is passion from some people within the company about the game, it isn't about that anymore is it? It's about making as much coinage as possible. I don't begrudge SI that at all. They aren't a charity. The demand for the game is inelastic. For football fans its one of the most addictive products out there, and there is no viable competition. What that means is two things. Unless the product really is a complete dogs dinner people will continue to purchase it. And the second reason is because there is no viable competition.

So just like with so many other software releases (including far bigger software projects than a games) you end up where a substandard end product that the customer will still purchase. More fool the company/end consumer purchasing the software? Yes definitely, but a poor product (and I am not talking about FMx here as in my opinion it is a good product) is often better than no product.

The thing that i cant understand is how from a very good 14.1.4(not perfect but logical representation of football) we ended up with the current 14.2 where me has new non realistic glitches like first touch,gk,defending,own goals,world clash strikes not scoring,corners...

I am not a programmer of course but still.

Also the people who are testing the new patches before the release,i am curious didn't they see those kind of things.

This is what baffles me too. Somebody at SI has looked at the match engine in v14.1.4 and decided to start fiddling around with things in some attempt to improve on something which was already very good, and they have totally messed it up. I have zero confidence in what I am doing tactically now as it feels like whatever I am doing has no real influence on what happens on the pitch, and that can't be right.

I have enjoyed FM 14 and through all of the previous patches, but this one has turned that on its head. Its a mess and I truly wish I could get back to version 14.1.4 or even 14.1.3 because they were far more realistic than this awful creation.

This is what baffles me too. Somebody at SI has looked at the match engine in v14.1.4 and decided to start fiddling around with things in some attempt to improve on something which was already very good, and they have totally messed it up. I have zero confidence in what I am doing tactically now as it feels like whatever I am doing has no real influence on what happens on the pitch, and that can't be right.

I have enjoyed FM 14 and through all of the previous patches, but this one has turned that on its head. Its a mess and I truly wish I could get back to version 14.1.4 or even 14.1.3 because they were far more realistic than this awful creation.

QFT

Feel exactly the same. Not confident going into games which I should be winning easily against teams from lower divisions only to be beaten by a random goal which occurred from a stupid players mistake.

I have zero confidence in what I am doing tactically now as it feels like whatever I am doing has no real influence on what happens on the pitch, and that can't be right.

That is so spot on.

Also I often make unrealistic tactical changes for my team to play well.I am playing with Liverpool 4-3-1-2,started patch 14.1.3 i was forced to play direct passing to have some results,when in 14.1.4 i was playing short passing to produce beautiful football witch in my opinion is the normal style of play.Same team same squad.

Noticed two things that really stick out so far: the bizarre amount of own goals and goals scored from corners.

Feels like a bit of a backwards step, but I'm sure some fine tuning will fix the issues.

Bold #1 - it's more than just a bit.

Bold #2 - they've been fine tuning the game since the beta version and all they've managed to do is make it worse with every patch they've released. Beta ME looks like a completely different game compared to this.

Here's what I've noticed that seems to have gone wrong.

When I get an inbox message about players training improvements / issues. The issues part doesn't have any option boxs unless I look at others email once or twice then come back and it's there. When I'm selecting my team for a match, the list is all over the place, I have to change to something like assistant reports then back to fitness or something & it then goes in an order of the team I'm selecting. Sometimes the box after a goal is scored is missing, empty or lacking info like maybe it's the players first goal for club, of season, 6th of season etc.

Lastly with those only really being a little annoying cos they were ok before is a bigger problem for me, the gameplay.

Now when I see my team playing, they often get the ball & then roll it away from them that possession is lost, a lot this happen, a simple pass to them then they hit it away from

themselves. If a ball is coming towards my player they stop and the opposition run past my player and attack. Often the players stop or delay so long that the ball is lost. Basically it's gone from occasional giving the ball away from a mistake to letting the opposition just take the ball cos my player has stopped reacting. Before the update I was doing great but it's become my team helping the opposition. But least every free kick doesn't hit the cross bar :-p

2 - I don't mind this so much. Take the Premiership for example. You look at the mid to lower level teams and the majority of them can't string three or four passes together, due to poor passing and poor touch. You watch Championship and lower level games and hardly any team can string three or four passes together. Watching top level football we all get spoiled and think it's the norm. It isn't. It's the exception.

Oh I agree with this - I'm a Forest Green fan so I've seen more than my fair share of lower league slogs.

My issue is it's too easily punished. So often I'll watch a player unable to control a basic pass, get pounced upon and 2-3 lightning passes and it's in the back of the net or being tipped over for a corner.

Okay latest feedback from me...

Overall, I think the ME is very good now and not far away from being a finished product. Counter-attacking has improved loads. I'm also finding now that I can have more confidence in my tactical decisions before matches and during matches and seeing what I expect to happen actually happen on the pitch.

I'm really pleased to see the over-powered wingers / under-powered full-backs problem, which IMO tormented FM13 up to and including 13.3, has reduced and just about gone now.

Also, with the new tactics interface, it is good to see the changes there i.e. more info on what functions a player is already doing within his role.

I think you folks at SI are doing a great job on this. Now, some feedback for further improvements.

1. I am also seeing a lot of really odd goalkeeping errors at near post in particular, but also on occasion showing poor touch then losing the ball to an opposition striker = bang, goal! I know the latter does happen IRL but I sense its a little too often in FM 14.2. I think the general keeper errors is well-documented - some of this is animation issues but some is ME-related I think.

2. Too many goals resulting from set-piece situations esp. corners. I'm wondering if this is because there are too many corners though?

3. I'm still seeing too many shots on goal in some games. I wonder if there is a connection between 2 & 3? Is there possibly a change needs to be made with respect to how each phase of play ends?

4. As I've written before, I also think strength is slightly over-rated in penalty box attacking situations in favour of defenders. Really good, skillful players use anticipation (nr post for example) agility etc. and sometimes these are too much for big strong defenders. Also slightly too many last ditch tackles. Tone these down a bit, that might impact on point 2. perhaps?

That's my feedback on the 14.2 ME and the tactics interface, now another more general point.

While I do feel that some of the negative reactions to the ME are way over the top, I nonetheless can understand people's frustrations as I've experienced then myself. When the ME does update with a patch, there are changes that negatively impact on tactics. IMO, this is not down to players necessarily being tactically flawed or intentionally trying to exploit the ME and I have to say it REALLY annoys me when I see some people here keep saying this. I think in many cases its because players like myself have made tactical tweaks to compensate around problems with the ME at its various stages of development. For example, prior to 14.2 i used "hassle opponents", "higher line", "tighter marking" and individual player instructions to hold the ball because I was finding too many problems with AI possession as a result of ME deficiencies. I'm pleased to say with 14.2 I'm not having to use these in a default tactic now. Nonetheless, I can very much see the frustration of people because we DO have to make tweaks on a regular basis.

Now, this might be inevitable if there is a 1-year cycle for the ME. But, I do think many people are getting weary of a new, initially-flawed ME each year. I know I am for sure.

Hence, I have some suggestions on different ways forward. This is a feedback thread so I hope SI would give serious consideration to all feedback and, equally, that some folk on here won't resort to the default response of "it won't happen" - because I think that is limited thinking and, if it comes from certain folk, suggests disregard for the opinions of paying customers.

a. Do we really need a new match engine each year? Football tactics don't change all that dramatically. I don't think we do need an new ME each year. I suggest spend time ironing out 14.2, to 14.3 and maybe go a little beyond that, then leave it be for a while. Move to, for example, a 3 year development cycle for the ME, gives you more time to get it right without so much need for beta-testing from paying customers.

b. Do we really need a new, full-priced release each year? I don't think we do. I think in some years you could have a data update, update for changes in the world of football e.g. transfer rules, financial fair-play and so on. Many other games do not have an annual release cycle. I do think loyal FM customers are being taken for granted as beta-testers and SI are in danger of over-plucking the golden goose that is the FM series.

c. If as a result of a & b your revenues fall, be a bit more imaginative in the way you generate revenues and bring some different editions out. For example, the Civilisation games bring out different scenarios, civs, units, real enhancements between releases. I'm sure SI could think of similar things to do. For example, there is so much scope for a legends database (heck, maybe even alternative MEs to reflect football 30, 50, 100 years ago), SI-designed custom-leages (e.g. international league), products (how about a version that focuses purely on international management?), other career modes e.g. DoF, owner, and scenarios that they could charge for.

Please use some creativity and flair in the dish you serve us SI, because if you don't, too many of us will stop eating it one day :)

I genuinely hope that is a joke? the opposition player has kicked the ball inside his own half it has bounced through at snails pace and the keeper just had to pick it up but he dived straight down...hit him and bounced about 3 more times into the goal...are you for real a genuine keeper error?

Really take a look at some of these

I reckon, ME-wise, if SI sort out the goalkeepers, then it's pretty much done as the rest of it is generally fine.

There are, however, a few annoying issues 'under the hood' so to speak in other areas of the game. Mostly small things, but they do add up. It feels like there have been quite a few changes that have affected the UI, some good, but some with a negative knock on effect. I'm sure a couple of small hotfixes will sort this out though.

a. Do we really need a new match engine each year? Football tactics don't change all that dramatically. I don't think we do need an new ME each year. I suggest spend time ironing out 14.2, to 14.3 and maybe go a little beyond that, then leave it be for a while. Move to, for example, a 3 year development cycle for the ME, gives you more time to get it right without so much need for beta-testing from paying customers.

There isn't a new ME each year. Last major overhaul was post FM12 into FM13. But then where do you stop. Do you leave any shortcomings in the ME for 3 years based on your model?

b. Do we really need a new, full-priced release each year? I don't think we do. I think in some years you could have a data update, update for changes in the world of football e.g. transfer rules, financial fair-play and so on. Many other games do not have an annual release cycle. I do think loyal FM customers are being taken for granted as beta-testers and SI are in danger of over-plucking the golden goose that is the FM series.
c. If as a result of a & b your revenues fall, be a bit more imaginative in the way you generate revenues and bring some different editions out. For example, the Civilisation games bring out different scenarios, civs, units, real enhancements between releases. I'm sure SI could think of similar things to do. For example, there is so much scope for a legends database (heck, maybe even alternative MEs to reflect football 30, 50, 100 years ago), SI-designed custom-leagues (e.g. international league) and scenarios that they could charge for.

Not sure I agree they should charge for leagues than can already be created freely by the community. IN FMC things like extra challenges are already free/can be created. Since they are free anyway, would it bring in anywhere near the same revenue? And alternate MEs? There's enough work making one match engine let alone others! :D

I reckon, ME-wise, if SI sort out the goalkeepers, then it's pretty much done as the rest of it is generally fine.

There are, however, a few annoying issues 'under the hood' so to speak in other areas of the game. Mostly small things, but they do add up. It feels like there have been quite a few changes that have affected the UI, some good, but some with a negative knock on effect. I'm sure a couple of small hotfixes will sort this out though.

You could still improve attacking play, recycling player movement for one, still areas that require overall improvements to decision making.

There isn't a new ME each year. Last major overhaul was post FM12 into FM13.

That simply isn't true in the context of what I said. If there wasn't a new ME each year then 14.0 would have been identical to 13.3 and it clearly isn't.

Not sure I agree they should charge for leagues than can already be created freely by the community. IN FMC things like extra challenges are already free/can be created. Since they are free anyway, would it bring in anywhere near the same revenue? And alternate MEs? There's enough work making one match engine let alone others! :D

I'd certainly say give people the option and I think SI would be pleasantly surprised. For example, I would happily pay good money for a legends database put together by SI with all the expertise they have there. As for alternative ME's, I take your point and did actually think that myself but y'know one of the purposes of feedback is to offer creative ideas, even if they initially seem fanciful. Then its for a developer such as SI (or someone else in the market) to chew them over.

As for bringing in the same revenue, not my problem. I'm just giving feedback. If SI keep releasing an ME that people tire of because it doesn't really work until March of the next year and then beyond (I don't think FM13 was ever right and its taking another year to get this right for FM14) then what will happen to their revenues then? SI need to think about different business scenarios themselves and not just assume because amount £x is sold one year that it will continue as such.

After all, Kevin J. Tom's original "Football Manager" (1982) seemed fanciful then and I remember me and my family thinking how amazing this game was. If of course you'd said to us then that football management games would have real players, real visual match engine and so on we'd have had trouble believing that. :) It's not quite the same analogy I know but I really think its good for SI just to have some ideas put out there as alternative ways of thinking, along with how its community feels.

Wow! Love this new ME! Really wasnt impressed with the first patches, the 2nd still had its issues but was much improved but this is superb. My tactics now work as I had intended (and Im no master tactician, just its great to see players where Ive asked them to be regardless of results), also it just looks and moves more like a real game, players move quicker, strikers finish, midfielders now intercept and are much more defensively mobile the interplay is really neat, and its good to see wingers now playing as wingers BUT also fullbacks playing as they should- really impressed that both were improved at the same time.

Im guessing we will get a final patch with the transfer update but personally Im really happy with what we have now and its great to see all the little silly niggles such as the crap throw-ins and wingers not crossing are gone. The only thing Id change or ask to be looked at is that keepers hold too many shots, these should obviously be shown as weak shots or have keepers parrying them or tipping them wide but its a tiny thing, also perhaps rebounds off of the posts and bar travel too far but again its not something that spoils the game as some issues did.

Really excellent guys, as someone who wasnt impressed with that first patched match engine Id definitely say this version has been worth the wait.

That simply isn't true in the context of what I said. If there wasn't a new ME each year then 14.0 would have been identical to 13.3 and it clearly isn't.

I'd certainly say give people the option and I think SI would be pleasantly surprised. For example, I would happily pay good money for a legends database put together by SI with all the expertise they have there. As for alternative ME's, I take your point and did actually think that myself but y'know one of the purposes of feedback is to offer creative ideas, even if they initially seem fanciful. Then its for a developer such as SI (or someone else in the market) to chew them over.

After all, Kevin J. Tom's original "Football Manager" (1982) seemed fanciful then and I remember me and my family thinking how amazing this game was. If of course you'd said to us then that football management games would have real players, real visual match engine and so on we'd have had trouble believing that. :) It's not quite the same analogy I know but I really think its good for SI just to have some ideas put out there as alternative ways of thinking, along with how its community feels.

You said: do we need a new match engine year? It's absolutely true to point out that the last major ME overhaul was between FM12 and FM13, something PaulC pointed out himself, unless you are positing what he said isn't true? Just because something isn't identical doesn't mean its new. There is plenty of scope inbetween the two.

You said: do we need a new match engine year? It's absolutely true to point out that the last major ME overhaul was between FM12 and FM13, something PaulC pointed out himself, unless you are positing what he said isn't true?

I'm not going to argue with you on semantics or elaborate definitions of what a new ME is, which by the way you've re-defined from what I said by adding the word "overhaul" in there - a word I never used.

I wouldn't dream of contradicting the man who writes this stuff. I'd also politely remind you that PaulC himself said, after 13.3, that he would then not release any further updates as he was going to focus on the ME for FM14 - a process that occurs most years of course.

I really don't understand why you're arguing this point. It is clear that 14.0 and so on is not 13.0 and so on. Maybe you're concerned that my post implied a radical, new ME each year? I don't think it did and I think the community understand the difference between a brand new ME and a new ME that is defined as such by re-engineering and tweaking the ME. This is really about how we use language.

Anyway, my feedback is my feedback - the community can make what they want of it, as can SI and it is really for them at the end of the day :)

I'm not going to argue with you on semantics or elaborate definitions of what a new ME is, which by the way you've re-defined from what I said by adding the word "overhaul" in there - a word I never used.

I wouldn't dream of contradicting the man who writes this stuff. I'd also politely remind you that PaulC himself said, after 13.3, that he would then not release any further updates as he was going to focus on the ME for FM14 - a process that occurs most years of course.

I really don't understand why you're arguing this point. It is clear that 14.0 and so on is not 13.0 and so on. Maybe you're concerned that my post implied a radical, new ME each year? I don't think it did and I think the community understand the difference between a brand new ME and a new ME that is defined as such by re-engineering and tweaking the ME. This is really about how we use language.

Anyway, my feedback is my feedback - the community can make what they want of it, as can SI and it is really for them at the end of the day :)

I never said it was the same, but there is a clear difference between updating the ME year on year, and a massive new ME overhaul such as one between FM12 and FM13. And in that case where do you draw the line? do you no longer deal with issues/bugs/areas of improvements over the new 3 year cycle? at what point do you standing still improving it? If you don't stand still, how much do you then fix/tweak?

If SI sold FM14 with 13.3's match engine, I wouldn't buy it. The improvements to the ME is why I buy FM every year at release. 14.2 is already much better than where 13.3 was, generally speaking. There are a few things that need sorting out like the GK blunder issue, but I imagine that it isn't a difficult thing to fix (although I know nothing of what goes into the programming).

The ME needs to improve each year. It has improved. Not to keep up with real life developments, but to get closer to a real-life simulation, which is what I thought the point was.

I've had this once, long clearance from other teams defence, CB leaves it for goalie who the just dives to the ground and lets it bounce over him, instead of simply picking it up.

Also had a simple cross drop into my keepers arms for him to just let it slip out and stand there while the forward pokes it into the net.

Getting there, but too many keeper errors, too many goals from corners, I like the scrambles they often produce in the box, that’s pretty realistic but there are too many goals, the best bit is wing play, combinations of passes down the wing, a cross and a chance of a goal.

End of September in my game and already there have been 61 goals from corners, in the premier league last season up to April 19 there were only 122 scored, so the way my season is going then by the same stage I will be well over 200, that’s just not right.

If SI sold FM14 with 13.3's match engine, I wouldn't buy it. The improvements to the ME is why I buy FM every year at release. 14.2 is already much better than where 13.3 was, generally speaking. There are a few things that need sorting out like the GK blunder issue, but I imagine that it isn't a difficult thing to fix (although I know nothing of what goes into the programming).

The ME needs to improve each year. It has improved. Not to keep up with real life developments, but to get closer to a real-life simulation, which is what I thought the point was.

You didn't buy FM12 then I take it?

I was actually really annoyed at PaulC and co that they decided to release the new ME in FM13 instead of delaying it further. There is still so much stuff that needs to be done with it that they simply cannot do within their current development cycle. What they do with the ME now is not bringing it closer to a real-life simulation, it's just balancing what we already have.

Live league tables are gone - in match widget, in Competition-> Matches-> Live league table, in post match screen too.

this is a confirmed bug, can please SI take note?

i've tried with default skin, still happens, it's a gift from 14.2 patch, where you changed some league table ids, and maybe forgot to update the necessary panel for this.

about the new ME, grrrrr, it's starting to get not fun to play, common, i came from a season where i won the champions league, domestic league, cup, etc etc, and now i lose to a ton of clubs that should get relegated, the match mechanics changed from day to night, don't know what's the point in messing in such a thing. one thing i immediately noticed is that the shots on target dropped massively.

on a online match, the top 2 teams of the country, and we get pounded but low level clubs, of course, only after 14.2, it can't be no coincidence that:

- 14.2 gets released

- i'm on a 4 no wins streak

- my online mate is on a 6 no win streak

- we played about 8 matches since update, it's a good success rate hein, i remember, we are on top 2 teams, i come from wining the CL and all, and was leading the season with about 8 points, now i'm in 2nd place, ridiculous

You didn't buy FM12 then I take it?

I was actually really annoyed at PaulC and co that they decided to release the new ME in FM13 instead of delaying it further. There is still so much stuff that needs to be done with it that they simply cannot do within their current development cycle. What they do with the ME now is not bringing it closer to a real-life simulation, it's just balancing what we already have.

I did. What's your point?

Really take a look at some of these

None of those are as bad as I conceded...the keeper dived . it is physically impossible to concede a goal like that IRL. Unless A sniper took out the goalkeeper.

Also, I wouldn't mind so much if every so often I got the rub of the green from those types of 'errors' but its always the computer.

I did. What's your point?

My point is that if you bought FM12 then not buying another edition on the principle that it didn't have a changed ME sounds, well, unreasonable. Unless you were really dissatisfied with FM12 and that's the reason for feeling that way. Or maybe you didn't have FM11.

Basically, you either didn't own FM11 or you were OK with the fact that the FM12 ME was completely unchanged from FM11 accepting that year as a necessity for a much improved ME down the line. In the former case, fair enough, in the latter I don't really understand the reasoning for the stance against that in the future.

None of those are as bad as I conceded...the keeper dived . it is physically impossible to concede a goal like that IRL. Unless A sniper took out the goalkeeper.

Also, I wouldn't mind so much if every so often I got the rub of the green from those types of 'errors' but its always the computer.

Some of those are pretty bad and of course theyare only a small selection of real life GK errors, for me it’s not that theyhappen in FM but that there are far too many. In regards your second pointthat’s a bit unfortunate, for me it’s the other way round.

Puttingit from a realism point, you want keeper errors in FM they are part of realfootball but how to get it right in a computer simulation that’s the trickything

My point is that if you bought FM12 then not buying another edition on the principle that it didn't have a changed ME sounds, well, unreasonable. Unless you were really dissatisfied with FM12 and that's the reason for feeling that way. Or maybe you didn't have FM11.

Basically, you either didn't own FM11 or you were OK with the fact that the FM12 ME was completely unchanged from FM11 accepting that year as a necessity for a much improved ME down the line. In the former case, fair enough, in the latter I don't really understand the reasoning for the stance against that in the future.

My main reason for buying a new FM is the ME. So unless there is some really big new feature, it wouldn't draw me in. I've moved on a lot from the FM11 & 12 days.

My main reason for buying a new FM is the ME. So unless there is some really big new feature, it wouldn't draw me in. I've moved on a lot from the FM11 & 12 days.

Well I personally want the thing to be as good as possible. If this meant that as long as the final version of FM14 ME was well balanced, leaving it for FM15 save for a couple of tweaked animations as in FM12, all for the benefit of a much better version one or two years down the line, then that would be much preferred. Naturally I wouldn't have bought fm14 with the 13.3 ME either but that's because 13.3 was still pretty poor. 14.x though has the potential to end up rather good. Maybe even good enough to leave it and take a few steps forward again.

I'm close to giving up this is so bad. It's completely ruined my enjoyment. Nobody moves, any pass that's played my players stop and wait for ball but it's been taken from the opponents almost every time.

It's really getting on my nerves now. Literally if a ball is played out further than a short pass I'll see my player walking towards it by that time it's been taken away by the opposition you run and gone on to break towards my goal which is often resulting in a goal. I had a fantastic defence until this.

Something that's always been there that bugs me is that if you're losing in the last minutes of the game or need a goal and no matter how all out attack you put it, your teams seems to favour hitting a long ball back to keeper or overly long ball to the corner flag where it's the opposite direction to any attacker. There's no urgency in a games final moments.

Also I hate if it's the last game of season or just after and a player wants to talk to you about playing more or being loaned out right now.

It's come to a point where no tactics or anything seems to make any different. Well and truly messed up.

What has happened to the wage budgets for lower league teams?? started a new game with Gloucester and it seems I can just keep signing players at will? I saved the game as I noticed I was 100 over my 3k budget and still able to offer wages. I knew this was odd as ive started many a lower league game. Also the maximum i could offer was 200 a week as this is the top earner at the club now i can offer in excess of this. so I started a new game to test this out and I got the wage budget up to 4900 and still able to offer anyone as a key player 250 a week??? before this update when you got up to your wage budget you couldn't even sign non contract players as maximum wage was 1 pound now i can just sign as many players and have a huge wage budget. This has killed the realism and kind of makes a wage budget absolutely pointless, Anyone...

anyone else?

Well I personally want the thing to be as good as possible. If this meant that as long as the final version of FM14 ME was well balanced, leaving it for FM15 save for a couple of tweaked animations as in FM12, all for the benefit of a much better version one or two years down the line, then that would be much preferred. Naturally I wouldn't have bought fm14 with the 13.3 ME either but that's because 13.3 was still pretty poor. 14.x though has the potential to end up rather good. Maybe even good enough to leave it and take a few steps forward again.

I understand what you're saying. If they ever get to that point, I can see them leaving the ME as is again. IMO, that would only be for a massive overhaul like we had for FM13, which won't be soon. While the ME will be very good when the main issues are fixed, there's still a lack of real creativity from attacking players. On the ball decision-making is still lacking compared with where it could be.

There may be a big overhaul if ever the physical side of the game is properly introduced (jostling, shielding etc), but I think we're still a few years away from that.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but I think there's a bug with scout reports.

A couple of times I have scouted a player and in his report the scout says 'he believes (player) would be regarded as important player for the team.'

Yet on the news page at the bottom of quick report the same says the player would not be a worthwhile signing. This can't be right?

How can anyone suggest that this ME is an improvement?

First touch has gone on even World Class players and EVERY goal and i mean EVERY goal is from a set piece or a unforced defensive error.

In what way can this be any kind of improvement???

Why is it that nobody but the Moderators can see my posts?

Archived