Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.2.2 - Feedback Thread

Since the last update, there is an issue in my save that I don't know how to fix. Some young newgens are relagated to the Trialist team without any chance to bring them back to U18 squad nor U21. All of them are 15 or 16 years old, some from my intake others signed, and I don't understand why their Squad menu have different options for the other youngsters.

Another big problem with this is that I amb unable to access to some of them, because there's not an option to see the Trialist team when you are off period.

Does anyone have the same problem or know how to fix it?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AI should quickly issue a patch because the game has so many errors that distorts the meaning of the game. There will always be so that the moderators will defend the product. For this they are paid.

I'm sure that'll be news to the mods. They'll be looking for those pay cheques now! They are not paid and NO, I don't want the AI to patch itself. That would be horrible :D

Are you sure? GK passed with ball through invisible post.

Not mine vid...

Ha, that's pretty shocking... Well it's the worst I've encountered personally... Am noticing a very common theme with warning against complacency and these sorts of goals, almost to the point where I'm scared to do it now for I fear one of these will crop up within the first twenty seconds of the second half.

It's been quite amusing watching the regression of 'keepers as the game has been updated.

I thought they were quite good early on, but this update has made them a complete parody.

I agree... It's along the lines of the extremes in full backs ratings during the beta stage. Remember the consistent 9.0 match ratings, especially at left back, to barely being able to scratch a 5.0 in the next version?

Don't know if this has been mentioned ( not read the whole thread ), but there appears to be a lot of wrong offside calls after the patch and the first touch ( especially of the fullbacks ) is often too hard resulting in lost possession. Rest of the ME is much, much improved.

far too many injuries.

May I make a suggestion...For Football Manager 2015 I don't want anything new, no extra features...nothing, that side of the game is perfect and I don't ask anything else from it. I just want you guys to update the transfers and staff and that's it and spend the rest of the time working on the match engine you already have. That way all these bugs that come up and frustrate the hell out of us won't happen anymore or at least won't be such a bi problem. just a thought.

Another corker, long ball over the top, defender does the right thing and heads the ball back to the keeper, Gk obviously stoned walks off in a completely different direction and away from the flight of the ball.

Or he assumes that the defender will leave it, and he is tracking towards where he anticipates the ball will go?

There are stupid goals (all of which should be posted in the Bugs Forum and supported with .pkm files), but that one is plausible in my opinion.

EDIT - general note - lots of Bug Reports are being "supported" by YouTube videos. These don't really help SI that much - they really need .pkm files in order to get the level of detail they need to properly investigate issues that are logged.

Or he assumes that the defender will leave it, and he is tracking towards where he anticipates the ball will go?

There are stupid goals (all of which should be posted in the Bugs Forum and supported with .pkm files), but that one is plausible in my opinion.

I've certainly posted it there, PKM files means mucking about Downloading an FTP client, I will if it’s wanted and I’ve saved one but I'd rather not bother, it’s pretty obvious the GK have a problem, given the frequency it’s hard to imagine why it has not been spotted in testing, I'm getting one every two or three games. I guess your explanation might be right but its stretching it I think, given the distance the ball has to travel I would expect at the least for the GK to start to move back and it looks to me that the Gk has gone beyond the trajectory of where the ball would have gone in any case. Of course it could be a combination of the two, tracking and bug, the animation doesn’t help because it appears that the keeper is not even watching the ball, a Gk would surely shuffle sideways not turn and walk towards where he thinks the ball is going to go.

Another corker, long ball over the top, defender does the right thing and heads the ball back to the keeper, Gk obviously stoned walks off in a completely different direction and away from the flight of the ball.

This is now the major problem with the ME the sheer variety of these is outstanding.

You think thats bad? try this...

[video=youtube;2WAskwPHmxM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WAskwPHmxM

I've certainly posted it there, PKM files means mucking about Downloading an FTP client, I will if it’s wanted and I’ve saved one but I'd rather not bother

Dare I say, it is quicker than uploading a YouTube video and very easy to do. We've seen plenty of keeper errors already, but not all of them are the same so I'm sure SI would want the pkm files.

EDIT - general note - lots of Bug Reports are being "supported" by YouTube videos. These don't really help SI that much - they really need .pkm files in order to get the level of detail they need to properly investigate issues that are logged.

You're being gentle. They don't help AT ALL! No PKM and time stamp of the incident, then no possibility for a bug fix.

Fair enough have transferred three PKM files from the matches where I feel there is a genuine issue.

I uploaded a pkm with a similar goal a few week ago and it was confirmed to me as a bug.

This is stretching it to a ridiculous degree I think. Sure, the keeper may anticipate things wrongly, but there is no reaction to what actually happens. He just strolls off and keeps jogging on while the ball is flying towards his goal.

What's happened here IMO is what happens fairly often in this ME - the whole team's reaction to change in possession or a general match incident glitches. You see it most clearly at times when on attack and someone passes the ball against the back of an opponent - the players often just keep on running for seconds as if the attack is still on.

Better now with the patch.

Can I have my tactical familiarity back?

I'm coming from a really good pre-season with none of the season matches played and the tactical familiarity for about two I guess closing down or so has been reduced to zero.

How is this logical? This is not acceptable. No matter how you calculate it, this should NEVER happen before the start of one season.

I thought this was a good patch till this ruined my games. Why should I lose my tactical familiarity when I've gone through and finished pre-season and start one season after the patch?

Better now with the patch.

Can I have my tactical familiarity back?

I'm coming from a really good pre-season with none of the season matches played and the tactical familiarity for about two I guess closing down or so has been reduced to zero.

How is this logical? This is not acceptable. No matter how you calculate it, this should NEVER happen before the start of one season.

I thought this was a good patch till this ruined my games. Why should I lose my tactical familiarity when I've gone through and finished pre-season and start one season after the patch?

The answer is on the 1st, 2nd and probably every other page. There was a bug with tactical familiarity and how it was calculated. SI fixed this. You'll have an initial drop in familiarity, but it will work fine after that.

I'm not going to go over the whole thread and check, but has anyone noticed a relatively absurd amount of goals directly from corners? Either the taker curves it straight into the goal, or the GK kinda catches it and backs past the line.

I've had one of these as well ('Keepers fumbling it under no pressure into his own net from corner, that is)... The list of calamitous own goals goes on...

Has anyone else got a problem with under hit shots at goal? i.e striker is between 5-10 yards from the goalkeeper and the shot has so little power that the GK just catches it. Not punches/parries it away. Catches it. As if it's not bad enough that it is straight at the GK but then to hit it with barely any power at all. Happening way too many times since the patch.

I'm playing in the English League 2 so I don't know if it is because of the quality of the players or a general issue.

Anyway, I'm going back to FM13. I'm not playing FM14 until the final patch is released.

The answer is on the 1st, 2nd and probably every other page. There was a bug with tactical familiarity and how it was calculated. SI fixed this. You'll have an initial drop in familiarity, but it will work fine after that.

Well I know that. It does not make sense before the season has begun. They should have really made sure this never ever broke pre-season. Whatever happens, whatever it takes, a pre-season gain should have been taken into account.

Well I know that. It does not make sense before the season has begun. They should have really made sure this never ever broke pre-season. Whatever happens, whatever it takes, a pre-season gain should have been taken into account.

It has nothing to do with what time of the season it is. The problem was with familiarity itself, which is now fixed.

far too many injuries.

May I make a suggestion...For Football Manager 2015 I don't want anything new, no extra features...nothing, that side of the game is perfect and I don't ask anything else from it. I just want you guys to update the transfers and staff and that's it and spend the rest of the time working on the match engine you already have. That way all these bugs that come up and frustrate the hell out of us won't happen anymore or at least won't be such a bi problem. just a thought.

I second this.

It has nothing to do with what time of the season it is. The problem was with familiarity itself, which is now fixed.

Understood. I really hoped that a pre-season sort of game would not be affected. Oh well, thanks.

*Prays for a good winning streak*

My GK, Maxey Koval, a decent one with no morale or other issues, seems unable for two seasons now, since new update, to have a good match and get a rating over 6,8-6,9. Also its very frustrating that opponents need around 3 shots for a goal regardless skills or form or whatever, while on the other hand I need an average 8-10 and at least 2 clear ones. Last year on Europa League quarter finals against Utrect, I have Sheffied Utd, I beat em 4-1 at my home 22-3 shots and lost 7-1 at theirs with shots 11-18. If u call that realistic I surrender.

I have Sheffied Utd, I beat em 4-1 at my home 22-3 shots and lost 7-1 at theirs with shots 11-18. If u call that realistic I surrender.

For your next few games, go on holiday and see what happens when your AM manages the team. If you see more realistic scorelines with more realistic stats, well, you can probably guess the rest...

A lot of negativity in this thread but that's probably because those who are enjoying the new patch are too busy playing the game! But i'll take some time to say how much i'm really loving the new patch. Three things in particular I really like

1. The nice variety of goals including a lot more goals from outside the box, I even saw a scissor kick fly into the top corner.

2. Goalkeepers no longer catch every single free-kick a lot more parries and a lot more freekicks flying wide

3. The ball height variation on the 2d view

Good Job SI, keep it up

I was hoping the defensive issues would go away with more games but nope.

While the ME improved the game fluidity the defense is completely bugged. Period.

At least 50% of the goals conceded come from own goals or GK\CB brain farts. This game i am playing right now and just equalized 2-2, the goals i conceded were own goals from corners. Previous game the goal i suffered came from a GK-DC becoming paralized and complete poor decision when approaching the clearance.

I'm not going to go over the whole thread and check, but has anyone noticed a relatively absurd amount of goals directly from corners? Either the taker curves it straight into the goal, or the GK kinda catches it and backs past the line.

I have noticed this too, I was going to ask if anyone else has noticed it before I look into it more. I have noticed a large amount of own goals happening, for example one 2-1 result was three own goals :/. Another cause for concern was the number of near post corners scored, a game I lost 3-0 today was because of three corners, one hitting my defender and going in, one scramble on the line and one went straight in from the corner.

Am generally enjoying the game and find it helps if I don't get too obsessed with what my pixelated players get up to in 3D, sometimes it is a bit crude, but clear enough to get the message. Yes I do believe it is usually my tactics. However now I can blame the ref. Playing as Arsenal at home to Sunderland Ozil commits a foul 5-10 yards inside our own half by the touchline. Penalty given and scored - gobsmacked. Where is the blame the ref option?!

Has anybody had a pen saved or missed in a match for either side ? Played a season since patch and every pen has been scored.

Yep, not long had Alex Mcarthy save one for me. He's done it a few times now... Also had a player of mine miss one over ninety minutes. Not yet experienced a crazy penalty shootout or noticed a huge conversion rate...

Well Well Well after half a season of the new patch yes corners are not great for and against and yes there the odd own goal moment but i think i have seen a shift.

I thought the last patch favored a counter attacking system and the game seems more balanced in that respect.

I have changed my tactics accordingly the framework and i'm now seeing similar results but better football than i had before.

I have gone from a quick up top 3 to a more patient attacking 3 and support and it making sense again.

I going to post my theory in the tactics forum soon but so far so good in 2021...

For 2 years in a row there have been game breaking patches at Christmas, released it seems, purely because it's Christmas. There is so much wrong with defender/goalkeeper decision making, corners, tackling, blocks I wouldn't even know where to begin. Next year can we please NOT have a patch that wrecks things for the holidays and right up until patched again in February? A roll back to the previous ME would be ideal for now.

I don't understand this I played the last 14 or so games of my third season with the 14.2 patch and found it a huge improvement. Started the new season and suddenly I'm seeing what people are complaining about own goals, horrible goalkeeper errors and players just stopping completely.

Off to post in the bugs forum about a keeper who walked out to a long ball into his box and then just stood there while a forward made up fifteen yards to get to the ball he had let dribble by him.

Archived