dafuge's FM14 challenge

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4ea2fd360dd3077b5dc849dedebfb7fd.png

The Other Bury: Season #1 (2014-15) - Conference North

Season Summary

As newboys in the Conference North (I have removed the sponsored names from the English competitions), I expected a long season and ultimately a lower-end mid-table finish. It was only after the first few games did I think we may have what it takes. Players played well, and at one point we went on an amazing run of over 20 games in which we scored at least one goal. With an aggressive 4-3-3 tactic, the team scored 104 goals, the most ever for the Conference North (Chester with 103 were the previous holders).

As others have said, player fitness was a major issue, although I managed to squeeze extra fitness by resting players between the closer together games, allowing the more important players many more chances to impress. At times, however, we were terrible, for example losing 2-0 to Oxford City one game after securing the title. Our last game of the season was equally abysmal, only managing a 2-2 draw with relegated side North Ferriby.

As for the cups, we were good in the FA Cup, beating three lower league sides, including an excellent 6-0 win over Ilkeston, to set up a match with League Two side Rochdale at Spotland. On that day I expected little, especially when we went 3-0 down, but an improved second half attempt saw us lose only 3-2. The FA Trophy however was abysmal, with us losing at the first hurdle to Conference South side Chelmsford.

Finances are a major problem - I am deeply in debt and will be hoping the increased revenue of the next tier will be enough to save us from insolvency.

League Table - Graph - Transfers - Finances - Squad stats

Key Players

John Sands - Top Goalscorer

Will Hendry - Most Assists

Luke Hannigan - Top Rating

Progress

Season   Division   Pos.  Avg Att. Top Scorer   Top Player       Notes
14-15     Con. Nth.  1st  562 (16%) J Sands(19) L Hannigan(7.75) Promoted as champions

Some of the rarer teams I've seen. I'm still hunting for East Thurrock, so will save and upload any other rare ones that I come across.

Carshalton

Chippenham

Hemel Hempstead

Hendon

AFC Hornchurch

Ilkeston

Skelmersdale

Thamesmead

Truro

Cheers mate, I've not been able to load my St Albans game so I may give AFC Hornchurch or Skelmersdale a go.

EDIT: I changed my mind when I saw that Hornchurch had Jon Nurse :p Decided to go with AFC Fylde instead.

badge_zpsc9c9e333.png

Table - Fixtures: One/Two - Transfers

Top Goalscorer: Adam Wallace - 23

Top Assists: David Adedipe - 20

Highest Av.Rating: Gregory Lake - 7.66

Since I don't use player search, the severe lack of players offered to me via assistant recommendations and agent offers made life very difficult, since my scout is useless. I soldiered on with what I inherited, and on the last day we won promotion by a single point. Next season we'll need to strengthen to have any chance of getting anywhere, and a £100k loan to improve our stadium certainly hasn't helped our already poor finances, especially as we never got near to using any of our previous capacity, let alone the new 4000 capacity we will have when construction is over...

Year        	League       Position     	Achievements
2014/15	        TSS	     1st		Promoted

Sorry to say it, but I'm glad no-one else has them yet. Makes me feel exclusive! Plus they're my actual local club, so of course I feel qualified to be their manager! ;)

I'll keep reloading until i see them. ;) Also wanted Them last year, but they didn't came up :(

Struggling to win with Canvey. 6 points clear though. Seeing this as a transition year. Next year will be my own squad completely.

Just as I say that, I win 4-1. Tried to sign a Grenadian but he turned down a trial and didn't want to move for less than a full time deal.

Made the playoffs! Our end of season form has been stunning. If my players can stay reasonably fit I fancy our chances against anyone in the league.

won us the first leg 3-2 after being 2-0 down! His second goal of the game. (No idea why the video is glitchy.)

I've just had a horrible 10 days in the cups - been knocked out of both the FA Cup and Trophy on pens :(

Whilst it doesn't do my bank balance any good at least I can now concentrate on the league.

I find that November and December is awful for congestion.

Does anyone know why I would have to pay money out of my transfer budget to sign players on free? They are all U-21, but they were released by their clubs. Is this an error?

All agent and singing on fees now come out of your budget just as it does in real life

Right, so the first season with the Albion and we scraped up in to the Skrill Premier at the first time of asking... was pretty tight, but some solid defensive performances and a couple of streaky goalscoring runs kept us in the hunt.

here is my profile at the start:

FredClark_OverviewProfile_zps34e10178.png

and my page at the end of the year:

FredClark_OverviewHome-2_zps304d280b.png

FredClark_OverviewProfile-2_zps009b7868.png

Couple of real stars:

Josh Glover was my rock at the back

Sam Ives was a real diamond in midfield

Just started second season and things are going surprisingly well... a little more adventurous tactically so scoring more... but leaking a lot too.

More worrying was the club taking out a massive loan at the end of the season to build a new stadium and now there is talk of a takeover... lets hope i can keep my job!

Icelandic nobody, Krummi Samuelsson has given up his career as a fisherman to yell at some English boys.

Overview | Information | 1st Team

I don't expect to go too well as I haven't played this game since FM11. My tiny starting squad will make things interesting at least.

I lost 10 games straight and everyone in the squad hates me. Time to restart I think. Looks like I'll be re-learning this game the hard way.

AFC Fylde season 1 - 2014

Great first season ended in heartbreak with a soul destroying penalty kick defeat in the playoff final against Stalybridge!! Despite controlling the match we were unable to find a winner and missing the 7th penalty knocked us out!! (can anyone explain why they got to play at home in the final?)

Final league table - 4th place over all which was as high as we got all season.

The highlight off the season was our run to the 3rd round off the FA cup where we lost to Blackburn... gutting as they drew Manchester united at old trafford in the 4th round!!! We were also named biggest over achievers in the cup However replays in the FA cup meant we had to sacrifice the FA trophy in the first round.

Finances - boosted by the FA cup run and tight control of the wage budget spending only 5k of the 7k availible..... a profit of just over 50k for the season which we will struggle to maintain next season

Key players - Hard to pick with some fab performances but..

Matthew Blinkhorn - Star striker missed 1 league game all season smashing home 32 goals in 50 matches and 29 from 44 league games.

Danny Lloyd - Plying just in behind the striker with the man listed below an impressive 18 goals and 16 assists.

Matt Jansen - assistant manager and played just behind the striker with Danny Lloyd. Despite being 37 his creaking legs managed 11 goals from 37 appearances.

Special mention for the defense who all managed over 35 league matches each.

Season aims 2015-2016

Promotion with a few tweaks here and there should be achievable with some luck.

Parent club - get the board to find one lol

east_thurrock_united_fc_0.gif

East Thurrock FC

Icelandic nobody, Krummi Samuelsson gave up his career to coach Lewes FC. Sadly he managed to lose 10 games straight and become the most hated person in Lewes FC history. He has been blessed by the goodwill of East Thurrock, with the town allowing him to try his hand at managing them instead.

I am hoping that my second attempt has a smoother start. I would like to make it to Christmas this time... three points would also be nice.

2-0 up in the final after 11 minutes, comfortably won 3-1! We're going up!!

Congrats mate.

Great first season ended in heartbreak with a soul destroying penalty kick defeat in the playoff final against Stalybridge!! Despite controlling the match we were unable to find a winner and missing the 7th penalty knocked us out!! (can anyone explain why they got to play at home in the final?)

Unlucky with the lose, come back stronger next season. As for the bolded part, the team that finishes highest gets the final at their ground.

[/b]Icelandic nobody, Krummi Samuelsson gave up his career to coach Lewes FC. Sadly he managed to lose 10 games straight and become the most hated person in Lewes FC history. He has been blessed by the goodwill of East Thurrock, with the town allowing him to try his hand at managing them instead.

I am hoping that my second attempt has a smoother start. I would like to make it to Christmas this time... three points would also be nice.[/center]

I've been reloading for 3 days and not got them! By the way, there's no town of East Thurrock. In fact there's no town of Thurrock, either! It's a borough near London. East Thurrock play right at the east end of the borough, in a town called Corringham. I live about a mile away.

thought as much... was gutted as though the final might bring in a bit of much needed cash :confused:

Congrats mate.

Unlucky with the lose, come back stronger next season. As for the bolded part, the team that finishes highest gets the final at their ground.

Gypsum's End of season update - King's Lynn - 2015/16 - Skrill North

League position: 4th (Position graph)

Media prediction: 15th

After last season I knew we could do with trimming down the squad and adding some quality... but I may have lost a few more players than I expected! Fortunately the players brought in were clearly superior to what we had last season. The signings of Hanlan, Wood, and Hedges were particularly useful. Early on in the season we really struggled for fitness, with youth players having to cover in a lot of games. Our First XI was probably good enough to win the league, but we lacked strength in depth. After Christmas the fixture congestion eased up and with the addition of a couple of loanees from parent club Burton we finished the season in emphatic form. Dorey was a particular delight to watch. He was so brilliant creatively that I could have played him up front with a wardrobe and it would get 20 goals a season. Despite this, it went down to the final game until we were assured of a playoff place.

Playoff semi-finals: King's Lynn 3-2 Alfreton, Alfreton 1-3 King's Lynn

Stunning performances from Mulready,

, saw us come back in the first leg. We comfortably dominated the second, helped my a man of the match performance from 16 year-old left-back Adrian Gorman.

Playoff final: AFC Telford 1-3 King's Lynn

Controversially dropped Mulready to start my established strike-partnership. But the gamble paid off, as Hanlan bagged a hat-trick, assisted twice by Dorey.

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Star players:

Ian Dorey - Striker - The Lynn lad went from strength to strength this season. Fantastic finishing and creativity in partnership with Hanlan terrorised defences and saw him net 22 goals and 19 assists. Not bad for a 17 year-old!

Brandon Hanlan - Striker - Signed on a free after being released by Charlton, Hanlan gave us a burst of pace to compliment Dorey's creativity.

Laurence Gaughan - Centre-back - Club captain and our defensive rock.

Year                 League                    Position              Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15           Skrill North                   7th
2015/16           Skrill North                   4th                Playoff winners

Redditch United - Season 2015/16 - Skrill Premier

Wow, what a shocking season which culminated in me being relegated for the first time since I started playing FM (CM98 IIRC). I'm not sure how, but I managed to beg the board for more time. I need to get 9 points from the next 5 games which should be do-able. Without the two players I've highlighted below, it would be much worse. My defence was shocking. Swapped back to a rigid 4-4-2 for the last few games but it was too late.

( League Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances | Manager Overview )

( Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | FA Trophy | FA Cup )

( Matt Godden | Lyle Della-Verde | Board Conversation )

EDIT: The board cut my budget to 3k/week which is impossible for me to work with and therefore It's time to restart the challenge with Truro :)

I've been reloading for 3 days and not got them! By the way, there's no town of East Thurrock. In fact there's no town of Thurrock, either! It's a borough near London. East Thurrock play right at the east end of the borough, in a town called Corringham. I live about a mile away.

There is no town of East Thurrock? Great, no-one will be disappointed if I shame the name. It is good to know!

I'm pretty chuffed to get a team that is so rare. I feel like I have won the lottery. Now I just need to win some matches.

Whitby Town

Skrill North

2018/19

l8egA7j.png

Club Information | Confidence | Finances | Squad (1) (2) | Transfers (1) (2)

The League

League Table | Position Graph

The Cups

FA Cup Fixtures | FA Trophy Fixtures

FA Trophy Win

Key Players

Ben Deegan | Miles Nicholson | Steven Sutton

Awards

Fan's Player of the Season

Ben Deegan

'The Beast' Ben Deegan wins it two years running. He may not have been this year's top scorer, but he was the most in form player across the season.

Top Scorer

Mukhtar Mitchell

31 in 53 for Mukhtar with 23 from 34 in the league. To be honest, he could have had 20 more if it wasn't for some terrible, terrible misses.

Millward Player's Choice Award

Manager's Player of the Season

Ben Deegan

Again, not the top scorer but the hardest working player at the club.

Jordan Swinburn Award

Surprise of the Season

The FA Cup run. That was insane.

Aims For Next Season

Stay up!

Career Overview

Season      League               League Finish       Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9101025&viewfull=1#post9101025"]2014/15[/url]     Skrill North         13th                Survival
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9113054&viewfull=1#post9113054"]2015/16[/url]     Skrill North         12th                Survival
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9125478&viewfull=1#post9125478"]2016/17[/url]     Skrill North         12th                Survival
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9125483&viewfull=1#post9125483"]2017/18[/url]     Skrill North         5th                 Playoffs - Utter Heartbreak
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9131557&viewfull=1#post9131557"]2018/19[/url]     Skrill North         1st                 Champions

Some of the rarer teams I've seen. I'm still hunting for East Thurrock, so will save and upload any other rare ones that I come across.

Carshalton

Chippenham

Hemel Hempstead

Hendon

AFC Hornchurch

Ilkeston

Skelmersdale

Thamesmead

Truro

Also added

Banbury

Bashley

Droylsden

Frickley

Lewes

Maidstone

Stafford

These aren't all from the same reload, I run through the first season every couple of hours or so.

160px-Rushallolympicfc.png

Well, I've completed three seasons over the weekend. More mid table rubbish with no sign of getting into the playoffs. The third season I finished 13th. I stayed in 13th position from game 21 to the last game 42! How boring is that!!

I am getting further and further into debt! Now at a whopping £700k! Wage budget is now a maximum of £2.9k a week and my start striker Adam Armstrong who was on £400 a week and wanted £550 a week and the board wouldn't let me offer any more than £0 a week has now left after scoring 87 goals in 109 games.

Each season I have to release 20 players as the board won't allow me to offer an wages for new contracts, the total wage then goes below the wage budget and then I have to sign 20 new players.

Olympic Rushall

Season        League      POS        FA CUP     LGE CUP     EUROPA       CL

2014-15        TSN        13th        QUAL
2015-16        TSN        16th        QUAL 
2016-17        TSN        13th        QUAL
2017-18        TSN        12th        QUAL

Buxton Season Summary 2019/20

sx0u.jpg

League 2

Final Position 18th

Cannot decide if this was a season I should be pleased with or hate. On the bright side, we didn't go down - on the other side, we conceded soo many games and lose in the final minutes and often in the 90s.

League Cup and JPT was an utterly disaster, exiting in the round we entered, though I reckon we coulnd't be expected to beat neither Sunderland nor M'Boro. The FA was an exit in the 3rd round with the first 2 rounds vs Skrill N/S teams. We drew Aston Villa home and was up 1-0 until the 92nd minute where we conceded.. Positive ofcourse was the rematch (which we lost 4-0), but would have been soo much more fun to win.

Finances aren't pleasing but the youth setup is alot better than "it should be" for this level, so am hoping for some good players coming that way, as board doesn't want to increase payroll.

Buxton was taken over by a new chairman and hopeful as I was, I had hoped it would be a rich bloke from the eastern countries, alas it wasn't, it was a local business man who apparently doesn't have any money...

Personal player of the season is Les Jenkins, a former Tottenham player with L1 potential.

Game of the seaon, a 5-1 win home win vs League winners Coventry.

I really like how they upgraded the info on games in charge of club - 300 games.

Year        	League       	Position     	Promotions	Cups/Achievements
2014/15		Skrill N	5th		None		None
2015/16		Skrill N	2nd		Yes!		Playoff final
2016/17		Skrill P	16th		None		None
2017/18		Skrill P	8th		None		None
2018/19		Skrill P	1st		Yes!		FAT finalist
2019/20		L2		18th		None		None

160px-Rushallolympicfc.png

Well, I've completed three seasons over the weekend. More mid table rubbish with no sign of getting into the playoffs. The third season I finished 13th. I stayed in 13th position from game 21 to the last game 42! How boring is that!!

I am getting further and further into debt! Now at a whopping £700k! Wage budget is now a maximum of £2.9k a week and my start striker Adam Armstrong who was on £400 a week and wanted £550 a week and the board wouldn't let me offer any more than £0 a week has now left after scoring 87 goals in 109 games.

Each season I have to release 20 players as the board won't allow me to offer an wages for new contracts, the total wage then goes below the wage budget and then I have to sign 20 new players.

Olympic Rushall

Season        League      POS        FA CUP     LGE CUP     EUROPA       CL

2014-15        TSN        13th        QUAL
2015-16        TSN        16th        QUAL 
2016-17        TSN        13th        QUAL
2017-18        TSN        12th        QUAL

No feeder clubs available nearby to get some players in?

You'll get the playoffs next year. ;)

Drew. Bury Town. Skrill Premier. 2017/2018

Youth Intake - Decent, a new full back and striker/winger.

Table - Started well in the first dozen or so games, before falling away towards the end of the season, but staying up was always the aim with a young squad.

Squad - Still very young, need a new goalkeeper, preferably one with a bit more experience, our defence done well, midfield was solid and our two 20+ goal strikers were superb; John Cullen was once again solid, but with the arrival of a new Director of Football, who may find a few gems or two, his game time will be limited; Gary Elphick was solid, but this will be his last full season with us, stats are going down at a rate of knots, so he will have to be replaced; David Young solid left back, good physical stats for a man so young; Grant Clement one half of our superb striker force, despite a good goal return, his poor finishing and composure let him down sometimes; Wayne Jones was our other star striker, and what a season, if I can improve his acceleration and composure, the Wayne can become a very good striker for us.

Transfers

Finances

Me

Archived