dafuge's FM14 challenge

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So finally get top with Bury just before Christmas.

Get beat for first time in 7 games by Stockport (2nd) then get two draws.....:(

Now 2nd by 3 points. Still a good first half of the season.

January is around the corner and hope i can change my Goals for the season to get a bit extra wage budget and buy a couple of reinforcements

Half way through the season. 7th but only 4 points from 2nd. Had to stop the rot by changing to a rigid 4-4-2. Luckily I'm conceding less and creating more chances. If I can keep the form going I think a playoff spot is up for grabs. Also a player who became a legend on my Fm13 career is available on a free and whilst I can't approach him yet due to lack of funds, no one else is interested. Fingers crossed no one else gets him before I do.Starting to make a profit of 4k a month, however with a debt of 50k, it's not enough. Hoping my attendances continue to increase. If I can get a playoff spot I think I'll have turned a profit for a year and hopefully be able to get the squad I need (DL, DR, ML, ST), plus a physio and coach

Half way through the season. 7th but only 4 points from 2nd. Had to stop the rot by changing to a rigid 4-4-2. Luckily I'm conceding less and creating more chances. If I can keep the form going I think a playoff spot is up for grabs. Also a player who became a legend on my Fm13 career is available on a free and whilst I can't approach him yet due to lack of funds, no one else is interested. Fingers crossed no one else gets him before I do.Starting to make a profit of 4k a month, however with a debt of 50k, it's not enough. Hoping my attendances continue to increase. If I can get a playoff spot I think I'll have turned a profit for a year and hopefully be able to get the squad I need (DL, DR, ML, ST), plus a physio and coach

Wow, i only turned a profit during one month, but that was full of fa cup ties (3 if i remember rightly (One replay)) That profit was like 1k if that i think.

I have an FM legend i was watching but he eventually went to a league 1 club.:( Took him 3 months to get snapped up. He wanted 2250 a week and i could only offer 725 after getting rid of loads of players.

BadgeBognor_Regis_Town.png

Bognor Regis Town

2014/2015 Season Review

Final Position: 11th - Pretty pleased with this. Board expectations were to avoid relegation, and at around Christmas it was clear that wouldn't be a problem. We are the very definition of mid-table.

Cups: 2nd Qualifying Round FA Cup - lost to Oxford City

1st Round FA Trophy - lost to Eastbourne Boro

David Stevens - One of my two centre-backs who were pretty consistent throughout the season.

Ricky Valentine - The other half of this season's consistent pair.

Ben Johnson - Very pleased with this striker's effort this year, as one of two strikers. 20 league goals in 36 appearances.

Ben Joyce - The second half of my strike partnership. Ben and Ben combined well. 21 league goals in 27 appearances.

Next Season

After a pretty average season, I'll be looking to add some extra depth to the squad. Both full-backs could do with some competition and/or a replacement. Hopefully next year we'll be able to challenge for the playoffs and get a cup run to add to our poor finances. This season was dominated by takeover talk, as a succession of takeover bids failed. As we go into the Summer, there's yet more speculation. With my contract up in June, I'm pretty keen for it to be sorted pretty soon.

Wow, i only turned a profit during one month, but that was full of fa cup ties (3 if i remember rightly (One replay)) That profit was like 1k if that i think.I have an FM legend i was watching but he eventually went to a league 1 club.:( Took him 3 months to get snapped up. He wanted 2250 a week and i could only offer 725 after getting rid of loads of players.
Ouch, 2k a week!! That's like 7 of my players :D!I've no idea how I'm making a profit, but I have no u21 or u19s and only 19 first teamers. Don't have any coaches (both the vehicular and trainer type considering how unfit my players are) and only one scout and an assitant managerTo the chap above, enjoy FC United, my Fm13 save with them was my best and most enjoyable ever. The 10k stadium share was a godsend in league 2

As a side note, does anyone know whether the stars when setting up a scouting assignment are '5* players compared to your squad' (like the CA Rating on Coach Reports of existing players)?

I've seen Chesham, Canvey Island, Marine and St Neots a few times this past hour... Nothing on Enfield Town though. I will not give up though! Took me 8 hours last year...

Oh gosh, seems that I'm going to be participating in a reloading marathon once I've finished holidaying to the end of the season! Tell me if you get Enfield Town :) If you do, please can you send me the save?

Had a bit of a go on Razer's American challenge but a crash dump meaning I lost all my progress in the first month (forgot to change to a weekly auto save :seagull:) means I'm returning to this challenge - how I've missed it.

It seems Kingstonian don't come up this time so will have to find a new club to be (maybe Hampton and Richmond)

Let the reloading begin

Looks a absolute star mate. I remember Moran last year as well - how the hell do you do it? :D

I have no idea. Moran came through the ranks whilst I did the holiday season last year so technically I didnt bring him through but still my player.

This guy just looks insane. only took him 12 minutes of his debut to score as well.. Looks like a star.

Over 7h15m of reloading, and still no Enfield Town. :(

That's some mad perseverance!

Youth Intake

Wow. Youth intake day has produced an absolute gem.

Introducing from New Zealand Matt Little.

Attributes

If anybody can remember my career last year with Kettering I am immediately comparing this guy to Paul Moran who was a youth player who came through for me there. Big Expectations!!

Has fantastic potential and looks like he can make an immediate impact!

716_zps6ea97114.png~original

ST ALBANS CITY FC

Skrill South - 2015/16

Squad - Transfers In / Out - Table - Graph

Season Summary

A fantastic season compared to last season, especially considering the reduced wage budget. That wage budget meant we had to rely on a couple of loans, but the lads we brought in were fantastic. We didn't have a great pre-season, which included a testimonial match for Dean Lewington, we only managed the one win against Mildenhall. We lost against three good teams, which was acceptable, but then we lost to Banstead. Moving into the season, we started with just 1 loss in 12 games, which saw us in the final play-off place. We then went on to secure that place, we lost only 6, which was the lowest in the league, but we also drew the most in the league with 16. We had more success in both cups this season, managing 3 rounds before getting knocked out in the next. In the FA Cup we got an away tie with Portsmouth and although we lost 3-1, the 15k crowd helped with our finances. In the FA Trophy we got knocked out by Dartford away. Their crowd of 1500 didn't swell the coffers so much but every little helps I suppose.

Fixtures - Pre-Season - 1 - 2 - FAT - FAC

The Play-Offs

In the Semi-Finals we got local rivals Boreham Wood. The first leg was a tight affair, with only a few shots on target for each team. It finished 1-1 which meant we had to go and win on their turf. The second leg was the complete opposite of the first leg, with plenty of shots for each team. The score was almost the same though, until our loanee striker managed to snatch an injury time winner and send us into the final. Because Sutton finished above us, the Final was played at Gander Green Lane, but maybe it was more of a home disadvantage than an advantage, as they struggled to get into the game. But it was probably more a case of how good we were, we relished in the pressure and managed to get a 2-0 win to secure our promotion to the Skrill Premier.

Key Players

Danny Kelly - Once again finishing top scorer, albeit only joint this time, he was our main ST and I'm sure if it wasn't for another late injury he probably could have scored a few more. I've already signed him up for next season so we'll have to see how he fairs against Skrill Premier defences.

Stuart Tarka - The Ozzie, on loan from West Ham, ran Kelly all the way for the top goal scorer award, but in the end they had to share. He was Kelly's main strike partner once it was obvious that Jay Curran couldn't replicate his form from last season. If he had been the starter straight away, maybe he would have been the out and out top scorer.

Lee Hildreth - The midfield magician took over from Richard Graham as the creative spark in the team notching up an incredible 20 assists, as well as bagging 10 goals for himself.

Paul Rodgers - Improving on his previous season, he was still our defensive rock, getting an average rating of 7.38 from 44 appearances.

Awards

Manager's Player of the Year - Danny Kelly - There was no other choice with the big guy bagging 25 goals and 17 assists.

Fan's Player of the Year - Danny Kelly

Top Scorer - Stuart Tarka (Danny Kelly) - Both strikers finished with 25 goals, but Tarka gets the award for getting them in less appearances.

Most Assists - Lee Hildreth - Midfield man bagged himself 20 assists.

Signing of the Season - Stuart Tarka (Danny Kelly) - I wanted to say Danny Kelly for him signing a contract extension but that would be cheating, so I had to choose Tarka on loan from West Ham. Hopefully he can come back next season.

Flop of the Season - Jay Curran - Unable to replicate his form from last season, getting dropped fairly early into the season and eventually getting transfer listed.

I also managed to bag the Manager of the Season, I had my acceptance speech all prepared after many hours sat in a small room with my own thoughts. Then they sent it in the post.

Next Season

Survival is of course the first priority, anything else would be a bonus. Another good cup run to help inflate the clubs piggy bank would be nice too.

Career Summary

Season      League               League Finish       Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15     Skrill South         13th                Survival (just)
2015/16     Skrill South         5th                 Promotion via Play-Offs

BadgeDulwich_Hamlet.png

Dulwich Hamlet - Skrill South - 2016/17

We came very close to reaching the playoffs this season. With only 5 games to go we were 1 point off the playoffs. Unfortunately we had a poor run in and slipped down the table. We only lost 10 games this season which jointly the 2nd best in the league, we just drew far too many games, 16 in total which was the highest amount in the league. The best thing about this season was the amazing youth intake day which got us Matt Little. Hopefully in a full season he can be the difference.

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - Early exits in both competitions. Not to worried.

Squad - Very happy with the make up of this side. I think it has the potential to reach the playoffs next season.

Finances - Meh.

Key Player Profiles:

Bobby Traynor - 29 goals in 35 games. Missed long parts of the season injured.

Matt Little - I am pinning my hopes on this guy over the coming seasons. Hopefully he can make the difference.

If we can get a good start I dont see any reason why we cant challenge the playoffs.

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15         Skrill South                14th              Survival
2015/16         Skrill South                8th                  
2016/17         Skrill South                10th              

After pushing up into the playoff places the Christmas turkey obviously didn't go down well and I've no hit a bit of a slump. A run of draws and now four straight losses in January is frustrating. Still sitting in 11th, which is well above expectations. Hopefully a rousing talk to the squad will help.

10 hours of reloading. Actual sitting at the PC and reloading. Clock stopped for **** breaks, etc. I think I need help. Proper, men-in-white-coats help. I think I'm averaging 1.5 reloads per min (allowing for distractions) so that's what? 900 reloads?

I'm with you man. I've still not found Dulwich and I've definitely not seen Enfield in that time either. I'll keep an eye out for you!

I'm with you man. I've still not found Dulwich and I've definitely not seen Enfield in that time either. I'll keep an eye out for you!

If you get Enfield Town promoted, please upload the save then. After going through the teams, I think i'll have a go with them.

how can i get the ilkeston one off you, i spent 18 hours reloading to try and get them

They're on the Met Police save. I've started checking both divisions now, before I was only looking at Skrill South. Hoping my suffering can help someone else out!!

I've got the following. If anyone wants one, let me know before I go to bed in 40 minutes or so -

Skelmersdale

Fylde

Bedford

Billericay

Brackley

Carshalton

Chippenham

Corby

Hampton and Richmond

Maidstone

Met Police/(Ilkeston)

Skelmersdale