dafuge's FM14 challenge

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy with the first season as usually the hardest. Started poorly as the past positons graph shows, but after the 14th game we were 10th and we yo-yo-ed between there and 13th for the rest of the season.

Squad 1

Squad 2

Erivaldo Felix was my top scorer with 23 goals in 37 starts. Signed him up mid season with another year on his contract so hopefully he can bang the goals in next year

Marien Ifura was my highest average rating, center back (which is probably not suprising with the reported bug in average ratings for defenders.

The Youth Intake was nothing special at all!

Next season is all about conceding less goals and to do that I need to buy a decent keeper

rushall-olympic_l.png

Olympic Rushall
Season        League      POS        FA CUP     LGE CUP     EUROPA       CL

2014-15        SN         13th        QUAL         

Ok so my Dulwich Hamlet save decided to stop working think my computer crashed midway through saving and therefore i can now no longer load the game ive decided to start with Met Police now instead as i wanted them on FM12 and never managed to get them come up so here we go again! Heres my profile

Buxton Season Summary 2016/17

Skrill P

Final Position 16

An interesting season, where Buxton realised how bad the team actually are, in comparison to others in the same league. The final position of 16 is encouraging.

The cup runs were pretty bad this time around with an exit in FA in 1st round home 0-3 to Birmingham. Am pleased we didn't concede more goals in that match.

Had the youth facilities upgraded last season, and the authorities review had it downgraded again >_<

Year        	League       	Position     	Promotions	Cups/Achievements
2014/15		Skrill N	5th		None		None
2015/16		Skrill N	2nd		Yes!		Playoff final
2016/17		Skrill P	16th		None		None

Drew. Bury Town. Skrill Premier. 2015/2016

Table - It wasn't pretty, but we did what was asked of us, and that was staying up, though I feel that if I had more experienced players then I would not have found myself in this position.

Team - solid but nothing special, Gary Elphick was the main man in defense, his experience was vital in ensuring we stayed up; John Cullen was his partner, good physical stats, but I'm hoping to bring in someone with a bit more pace for next season; Grant Clement's goals were vital in ensuring that we stayed up, you will notice that I released him at the end of last season then re-signed him, and I'm glad I did, 22 goals from the young man.

Transfers

Finances

Me

Next season:

Survival again is the main aim.

Apparently Kingstonian are in the new update - so away on holiday I go before
(I live in Twickenham so Kingston is a 15 min drive from my house)
Sounds like it's okay to start now. So i'll go on holiday in a few minutes and try to get Enfield promoted!

It seems they've added Kingstonian to the DB but are still not playable :(

Looks like I have to find a new team this year (got a save with Thamesmead that I might do)

Been reloading for most of the last day and not seen Enfield yet mate :(

Took me just over 20 hours of actual reloading (clock was stopped for breaks, sleep, etc) but I finally got Enfield town!

The only thing is, that in my excitement, I cracked straight on with the save and didn't save it (nor take my manager picture) on the 25th... Sorry guys who wanted Enfield Town.

Dunno if a lack of manager pic on the 25th renders me illegible for the challenge now? I'll leave that for dafuge to decide.

Hey guys, Im brand new to FM this is the first time ive ever purchased it.

The reasoning behind this is because I am a FC Utd fan ive been waiting for them to get promoted to the conference north but after being beaten in the play offs for the last 3 seasons in a row i cant see us getting promoted again this season as we are in a very sad 11th position :( We will probably make the play offs but I can see us losing again to chorley or Fylde. Ive have just been reading and saw that FC Utd are the top team to get shown out of this :D I honestly would love to start from the lowest league and maybe win the champions league with them.

Now i am a total noob so how hard is all this to set up ? Mind you ive literally just bought the game now so Ive not even played the game yet.

Im sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section or something but please dont be mad haha :p

Hey guys, Im brand new to FM this is the first time ive ever purchased it.

The reasoning behind this is because I am a FC Utd fan ive been waiting for them to get promoted to the conference north but after being beaten in the play offs for the last 3 seasons in a row i cant see us getting promoted again this season as we are in a very sad 11th position :( We will probably make the play offs but I can see us losing again to chorley or Fylde. Ive have just been reading and saw that FC Utd are the top team to get shown out of this :D I honestly would love to start from the lowest league and maybe win the champions league with them.

Now i am a total noob so how hard is all this to set up ? Mind you ive literally just bought the game now so Ive not even played the game yet.

Im sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section or something but please dont be mad haha :p

If you follow the instructions in the first post of this thread it is easy. Here is a guide with even more detail of how to do it, with images: http://footballmanagerhowto.wordpress.com/2013/06/21/how-to-play-as-an-unplayable-club/

Thanks tacticalgenius i appreciate that link mate that looks abit clearer for me. Also did everyone buy the game from steam? seems to be good since you get to download the game and dont have a disc copy.

No worries. I wrote that guide because so many people found my blog through asking how to play as FC United or Enfield Town. There's a few guides in the 'How-To Guides' section that were written specifically for guys new to Football Manager, so it would be well worth your while having a good read of it all when you have the time. :)

Took me just over 20 hours of actual reloading (clock was stopped for breaks, sleep, etc) but I finally got Enfield town!

The only thing is, that in my excitement, I cracked straight on with the save and didn't save it (nor take my manager picture) on the 25th... Sorry guys who wanted Enfield Town.

Dunno if a lack of manager pic on the 25th renders me illegible for the challenge now? I'll leave that for dafuge to decide.

I think you should be OK as long as you put one up from as soon as you can.

New manager appointed at Poole Town

After hours of reloading I have decided to take control of Poole Town the Mighty Dolphins, I will add screen shots shortly.

I'm very jealous, Poole are the team I wanted to be. Gave up reloading after 3 and a half hours and settled for Dulwich Hamlet.

I wanted Dulwich Hamlet but after about 4 hours in total of reloading I had to give up, Poole Town seemed like a good alternative. By reading the

thread they don't seem to pop up much either. Its going be tough though they have a available wage budget of £1300 and i need it to create basiaclly a new squad.

Gypsum's End of season update - King's Lynn - 2014/15 - Skrill North

League position: 7th (Position graph)

Media prediction: 22nd

Blessed with a generous wage budget of £9k and a reasonably sized squad including a couple of decent youth prospects, taking over my most local team in the challenge was a bit easier than I expected! I struggled with setting up a tactic in pre-season by soon settled on a rather simple but effective 4-4-2. This saw us settle quite quickly as a top-half team, and once the team had gelled we made a real challenge for the playoffs. With just a few games remaining the playoffs were still in sight, but unfortunately fatigue and bad luck kicked in and we couldn't capitalise, settling for 7th. Amongst our season's highlights were the 8-1 thrashing of Gloucester, and a rather glorious comeback in added time.

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Star players

Sam Mulready - Striker - Already at King's Lynn when I joined, Mulready proved the most consistent goalscorer in the team, easing out Levi Wright to be Dorey's strike-partner and bagging 32 goals in all competitions.

Reece Yorke - Centre-back - My best signing on a free transfer after leaving Burnham. Formed a solid centre-back pairing with Gaughan by the end of the season.

Ian Dorey - Striker - A 15 year-old Lynn youth product who I eased into first team duties. He soon became our most consistent striker playing as the Trequartista of the front two. A creative attacker with an eye for goal, a real gem at this level.

Year                 League                    Position              Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15           Skrill North                   7th

I forgot how bad defences in the lower leagues can become. After originally having an okay defence that was just a bit slow and left gaps it's now conceded 5 in 2 games. Slightly concerning but the second game was a FA Cup game against Ramsgate and I won 5-3.

Enjoying this a lot more than last year. So far I'm around 7 games in with Canvey and I've a record of I think 3-1-2. Aim is 40 points for this year. Need another 30.

I've also got a youth player that I'm using. A regen called Arran Nurse. Will use him as my entry into the youth challenge over yonder. So far got two goals this season and a couple of assists. Also got a few youth players in the ranks who wouldn't be terrible in my opinion. I had to let George Artemi (And Old school-friend of mine!) leave as he wasn't getting play time and I couldn't fit him in.

Ok finally sorted with FC United, I was just wondering why do i only have 13 players ? And why are some of the names correct but the others are just randoms ? have they left my club or something ? or is it just random names ? i just find it weird i have like 5 correct named players and the rest are randoms and i only have 13 players haha weird.

Just into November and whilst im doing ok in the league (around 8-10th with only 2 defeats but to many draws) im on a remarkable cup run.

FA Cup

Only played one team ranked higher and that was Chester Now face Buxton (who knocked out Port Vale in a replay away from home) for a place in the 3rd round and a whopping 27K in prize money

After being in charge for 1 month at FC United ive really struggled when joining, 4 of the best FC United players had been put up for sale and after trying to negotiate a conract they was not having any of the talks. I have now managed to sign a young prospect from Chorley on a part time contract i have also signed a CM from the youth squad who looks very promising.

It seems they've added Kingstonian to the DB but are still not playable :(

Looks like I have to find a new team this year (got a save with Thamesmead that I might do)

Been reloading for most of the last day and not seen Enfield yet mate :(

Could this be a case with Biggleswade Town to?? They not been mentioned once i was hoping to be them when full release out on 31st

Congratulations! I was frightened that when I eventually got Dulwich I'd instinctively click reload before realising. Well done on avoiding that ;)

I really stuggled last night in the second season, currently 16th so hoepfully will be okay to stay

I just can't defend!

Glad you're doing this again, your tale last season was probably the most memorable FM story I can think of. How long do you think it'll take to get promoted this year?

Simming now hopefully i get fc united :D is there anyway to get the official badges or kits ??

www.sortitoutsi.net has a few kit and badge packs to choose from.

Ok finally sorted with FC United, I was just wondering why do i only have 13 players ? And why are some of the names correct but the others are just randoms ? have they left my club or something ? or is it just random names ? i just find it weird i have like 5 correct named players and the rest are randoms and i only have 13 players haha weird.

Did you add the 'regional premier divisions' during game setup as explained in my guide? If so, check your reserves as a lot of players end up in there for some reason.

Quick Enfield Town update: Being outplayed in every match but we're still top of Skrill South by 3 points after 10 games. Only brought in 6 players so far too.

Don't forget you can follow my progress as it happens on twitter: @EnfieldTown_FC ;)

Glad you're doing this again, your tale last season was probably the most memorable FM story I can think of. How long do you think it'll take to get promoted this year?

HA HA, can't believe anyone remembered my challenge from last year. It was pretty epic! Took soooooooooooo long to get out of non league.

I've got no idea how long it's going to take this time, but one thing I will say, I think this years game is even harder

Season Overview – Managed to strengthen the squad in all the key areas, and it showed as we recovered from a slow start to go top in mid-January and we began to pull away, winning the title with a game spare

League Table – http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a521/jezmaguire/LeagueTableSeason2_zps2234d595.png

FA Cup – we made it all the way to the 3rd round, defeating AFC Wimbledon on route, before a humiliating 7-0 defeat at home to Newcastle United, although improved the finances.

FA Cup run - http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a521/jezmaguire/FACupRunSeason2_zps702083a5.png

FA Trophy – Never really played anyone till the 4th round when he faced Macclesfield and fixture congestion, had us field a weak side and we were turned over.

FA Trophy run - http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a521/jezmaguire/FATrophyRunSeason2_zpsb07c678d.png

The finances are now in a very health position, mainly due to wage control and the FA Cup run

Finances – http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a521/jezmaguire/FinancesSeason2_zps44a2b6ca.png

In all honesty we have no real stand out players, or players that are capable of playing a couple of leagues ahead, we just work harder than other teams, and are defensive in mentality so seem to win games. Fitness seems to be a problem, with from November my physio telling me that at least 4 of my players need a rest.

Squad – http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a521/jezmaguire/SquadSeason2_zpsac359c4e.png

Transfers – http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a521/jezmaguire/TransfersSeason2_zpseae2df7b.png

Aims for next season - A miracle would be nice in the fact that we survive, the squad is certainly one that in my opinion will struggle, some good midfielders may hold us together, but as he had a loan keeper and striker that will need to be addressed, but onwards and upwards.

Sooooo dissapointed. After a great first season with Bury Town, i finished second, and went out on the playoff semis with a 3-2 aggregate loss to Colwyn Bay.

Don't have the energy to write a review right now.

Took all of it out of me.

Ill try cheer up watch the walking dead and post a review of my season tomorrow. Has some highs and lows, but just couldn't get up on the first try :(

Still 2nd in my first season is an encouraging start!

After spending the last couple of years playing in Austria, I've decided to return to England for FM14 and have taken charge of my local side AFC Fylde.

Their stadium is even worse than normal (it doesn't even exist on google maps), as it's pretty much a field in the middle of farmland with acces to it via a pub, one thing I am hoping is that they don't have as much trouble in game as IRL with regards moving to a new ground (planning permision for a move to another site has been rejected several times).

Word of advice if anyone hasn't noticed Physios are now counted as other staff with coaches so sign a physio first otherwise you'll be left without one like me :(

It's a fantastic start Glenn

Cheers mate, really thought i could do it......in some ways would rather had a mid table all season, rather than 1st and 2nd all season and not go up....lots of my good players will also not sign contracts...ahh well hard battle starts now.

I noticed that. Such a stupid change. I literally had to choose between having a coach or a physio. :(

I don't mind the change (just the fact I noticed too late) as in previous versions I've been allowed more physios than GK coaches, with the change I get to choose whether I want another phyiso or a GK coach, though the silly thing at the moment is the board will let me have a DOF, U21 Manager, and a U18 Manager all positions I don't need but I have no way of saying I'd rather have a physio than any/all of them three :(

Archived