dafuge's FM14 challenge

Was Minihan under the age of 24?

Both Minihan (22) and Alexander (20) were under 24 whilst Lloyd was 24, the only thing that I can think made a difference between getting compensation for Minihan but not Alexander is that Minihan had an 18th month contract, whilst Alexander only had a year (the only other difference was Minihan earned a promotion wage rise and had an agent).

Though I've always found compensation a bit hit and miss in previous versions, I also need to remember that Irish, Welsh and Scottish sides can offer contracts in Jan rather than May for english sides though they haven't shown any interest in my players yet.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
to the people who managed to get up to the Skrill premier so far, what kind of formations/ tactics are you using?

Any that I have players for :(

I've managed to cobble together 26 players but the start of the Skrill Prem season is brutal - I've had eight Sat-Tues fixtures in the first 10 games that has killed my players.

At the moment I'm using a Fluid-Counter 4-4-1-1 formation (FB-s, CD-d, MRL; WG-s, CM; DLP-d with BBM-s or CM-s depending on player, AM; AM-s/AP-s, ST; Poacher) which see's me sat 17th Won 3, Drawn 3, Lost 4.

Though my full-backs are having a torrid time and I'm not sure how much of that is due to the rating problem with them (I'm lucky if they get a 5 something rating, last season with the same patch they'd be somewhere in the 6 rating).

Hi guys, just starting a new Challenge, tried a week ago, managed cambridge city, kept them up first season. I got them to 3rd and then half way through the season the club was bought by a consortium and decided to fire me :(. So now im trying the challenge with FC United

will post screenshots shortly

Hi all i have tried to post my season review twice now and each time it said that my post needs to be approved by a mod and nothing has appeared. My profile on day one of the challenge went up no problems then at the weekend i posted my first season review with Dulwich and nothing has appeared since. anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Ok. So lets get this band wagon rolling again.

Have taken over as manager at AFC Fylde

A Pretty impressive wage budget of £7k per week, with an aim of mid table finish. However I have a first team squad of 6 players

A right back, left back, 3 defensive midfielders and a striker. And no staff.

Any ideas on how I can post screen prints. Every time I hit print screen I try and paste it in to imageshack and it just pastes the current screen not FM.

If anyone's looking at starting the challenge now, I'd definitely wait 24 hours or so until the game is released. The contract/reputation situation in the lower league will screw up your pre-season and that's pretty crucial for the first season. Also, there's bound to be a host of changes in the full game which'll work best from a new save game. Given this is a long term challenge, it's got to be worth waiting a day to get it right?

Don't see a Pogba with their team, neither in history. Atm 19 games into season they are 2nd. So they fare alot better than my 13th position :D For PRM, no idea around there, quite a few current PRM teams CH or lower in the game.

If anyone's looking at starting the challenge now, I'd definitely wait 24 hours or so until the game is released. The contract/reputation situation in the lower league will screw up your pre-season and that's pretty crucial for the first season. Also, there's bound to be a host of changes in the full game which'll work best from a new save game. Given this is a long term challenge, it's got to be worth waiting a day to get it right?

I'm wondering if this is influencing which teams come up after the first season, as well. I haven't seen a team that's new to me in the last 2 or 3 days of reloading, and a couple of the rarer ones I saw before haven't come up again either (Hemel, Grays, Dulwich).

The only thing you'll need to start a new save for would be data changes, which at a lower level I doubt much will change (Data is locked until January now)However you could wait in hope that a release day patch makes it easier to sign players, having said that even with this issue I'm still doing well..in a sadistic way I actually enjoyed only being able to sign regional quality players as it seems a tad more realistic since Truro had just been promoted and were odds on to go down.

PooleTownFC.png

After getting the sack from Dulwich Hamlet on Saturday I have been reloading ever since looking for Poole. After reloading all Saturday afternoon, all day Sunday and for almost 4 hours tonight I can finally begin with Poole Town.

Good luck - I'd say Poole are somewhat more of a challenge than Dulwich.

Will you be redoing your career thread?

Am I right in thinking patches work with older save games? So if I started now, the release day patch will apply to my save game I started today?

So in my first attempt at this challenge, I learned that I cannot take an undermanned, understaffed, unhappy, injury plagued, part-time, fledgling side and force them to learn my super-fancy, advanced creative tactic, whilst fighting relegation and mutinous supporters.

RIP Rushall Olympic.

Apologies to Rushall, and vice-chair Nick Allen, who actually retweeted my enthusiastic announcement yesterday. I feel like I've let you all down.

Beaten, but not defeated, I'm going to give this another go, focusing on building a simple, slow and steady, tactically sound squad.

This time around, I've landed 30 miles south in Redditch.

East Thurrock United FC

Skrill South

2014/15

lh8nT6m.gif

Club Information | Confidence | Finances (i.e. Debt Roller-coaster) | Squad | Transfers

General Comments

I had a mediocre start to the season, followed by a brief period around Christmas where I thought I might sneak into the playoffs. My optimism was unceremoniously crushed with a hefty losing streak, and I was lucky to hold on and avoid relegation by 2 points. I will only be able to hold onto a couple of my players into next season, and I fear my wage budget will be slashed, so it is going to be a rough road ahead. I obviously need to learn to stop leaking so many goals, as I ended up with the worst defense in the league. I think I'll operate with a more defensive formation next season.

League Results

League Table | Position Graph

Cup Results

FA Cup Fixtures | FA Trophy Fixtures

My Top 3 Players

Jordaan Brown | Kris Newby | Ronnel Dennis

Most Promising Youth Prospect

Emmanuel Yakubu: Nothing too special, but he has good Finishing and Composure for a kid.

Aims For Next Season

I told my squad that I want to finish top-half next season and they all got angry over it. The club chairman suggested I just aim at avoiding relegation again. I guess I am too ambitious given that I just finished a disastrous season. I'll just hope to secure some of my promising youngsters on longer contracts, and to avoid blowing my wage budget again. I am now just twiddling my thumbs, waiting for a bunch of contracts to run out so that my chairman will let me start signing some fresh meat.

Edit: Jordaan Brown (one of my top 3 players) and my captain just got poached by other clubs, as I couldn't offer them new contracts. Sad days ahead. :(

Career Overview

Season      League               League Finish       Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9130598&viewfull=1#post9130598"]Initial Post[/url]
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9142182&viewfull=1#post9142182"]2014/15[/url]     Skrill South         17th                Survival

WHY WHY WHY did I ever read this thread? (real answer: linked to it from Reddit). I gave up my super-easy Eastleigh save (first season: TSN champions; FA trophy) to end up with Buxton. To say this is significantly harder is an understatement.

ClubCrest_zps2f659d95.gif

2014/2015

5th in Skrill North (pred: 22nd) | Skrill North Playoffs | Transfers: Cash, Free (1 2), Loans| Finances | Graph | Player Stats (1, 2)

The League

The first month of the season was excellent for us, with 3 wins and a draw from out opening 4 matches earning me the Manager of the Month award for August. We drew our next two games, before suffering an agonizing 4-3 defeat to Boston, in which we came back from 3-0 down to level the match in the last minute, only to be denied by an injury time winner. We kept within touching distance of the play-offs during the early season, pleasing since I'd set the ambitious goal of achieving a mid-table position. Then came November. A 1-0 win over Witton Albion lifted us to fourth place, but after that, a 3 game losing streak sent us plummeing to 10th, the lowest position we'd hold all season. It looked like we might be sliding back to a more expected position. But we fought back in December, winning four straight and drawing one as I won my second manager of the month award. From the last match in November, a 0-0 draw with Southport, we went unbeaten until the middle of January, a 9 match unbeaten run that left is in 4th place in the table. Another slump of 3 defeats in 4 games lead us to fall to 9th place, and while we recovered somewhat, inconsistent form - 3 wins and 3 draws - before a defeat to Harrogate left us in 9th place with 5 games to go. The table was tight, and we were close enough that a good run of form could still net us a a play-off spot, especially since I still had to play two of my competitors. The first was against one of my rivals, Stockport, and a goal 14 minutes from time by substitute Alex Simmons sealed a 3-2 victory in a back and forth match. We followed up with our best result of the season, a 5-1 away win over Worcester. We were still 8th with 3 games left to play, and after vitory over Stalybridge and a draw at AFC Telford, we went into the last game of the season in 7th place, one of three teams with a shot at talking 5th spot and the final play-off spot. Stockport played at Guiseley, while Leamington were visiting me at Rowley Park. The situation was simple - we had to win. If we did, then Stockport could secure the play-offs spot with a win, or a draw if we didn't win by three goals. We started in the worst possible way, conceding on 6 minutes, and at half time, it didn't look good. We trailed 1-0 to Leamington, although Guiseley were 2-0 up against Stockport. We kept at it, though, and on 75 minutes, fullback Lee Featherstone slipped the ball through to winger Ryan Ndlela, we levelled the match with a cool finish. We'd been given hope, but nothing more, and 4 minutes later, Stockport pulled one back against Guiseley to make it even more tense, since it was clear if they levelled that match, we'd be denied a play-off sport on goal difference. 84 minutes arrived, and we won a freekick on the edge of the area. Lewis Hilliard's free kick was saved by Leamington 'keeper Tony Breeden.He launched the ball up field for a Leamington counter attack. I was sure that this was going to be the attack that ended our season, but a poor cross was taken comfortably by Angelo Lionis at the near post. He quickly threw the ball to Featherstone, who switched the ball inside to Lewis Welch half way inside our half. Welch controlled the ball with his right foot and delivered the most beautiful, perfect, brilliant ball in Confernece Regional Divison history. The Leamington defence had committed too far up the field. The ball and Ndlela's run had been timed to perfection. Ndlela took the ball in stride, cut inside towards goal, jinked sideways to decieve the 'keeper and fired home to give us the lead. 5 minutes to go. The play-offs were ours. I changed tactics, went defensive, shut up shop and told the boys to waste time. Then I stopped looking. When If inally opened my eyes, and it was all over, we'd done it. No last minute heroics from the other teams. Guiseley held off Stockport. Leamington couldn't find a way past us. We were heading for the play-offs!

Play-off time. I was paired with Altrincham, who finished second. Thanks to an FA Cup tie, we'd played each other 4 times already. 3 draws, and one random 4-1 win for us in the replay. the first leg, at home, was more of the same, although it could have been much more. An early goal gave Altrincham the lead, but on 35 minutes, their goalkeeper was sent off for handling outside the area. Despite our best efforts, we could only score the equalizer, and e were denied the win. In the second leg, however, things went our way. An early Daniel Cowie goal from a corner wiped out their away goal, and an incisive counter attack that lead to Ndlela heading home a second put us in control of the match, and while they dominated the rest of the match, they couldn't break us down. A late counter attack for a Zach Thelen goal secured us a 3-0 and a spot in the play-off final. There, we faced Harrogate, who had beaten us in both of our previous meetings. After a goalless first half, both teams came out after the break fired up. 5 minutes of back and forth football culminated with Thelen meeting Eddie Adjei's cross at the near post to head us in front. Despite their best efforts, they couldn't break us down. Skirll Premier, here we come!

The Cups (FA Cup | FA Trophy)

We were pretty lucky in the FA Cup, staying away from some of the tougher draws. Altrincham shared four close games with us over the course of the season, with the 3-0 win in the play-offs and this 4-1 win bucking the trend - both, incidentally, away from home for us. The Brackley win was a good one over a Skrill Premier side, although they eventually finished bottom of the table. It was disappointing to end our run with a 6-2 defeat to a team just one division above us, although Bristol Rovers had just been relegated and were promoted straight back to the Football League as Skrill Premier Champions while winning the FA Trophy. Still, we exceeded expectations and that's all that really matters.

As we weren't expected to do much of anything in the FA Trophy, beating Harrogate Railway was a nice draw, and the 3-2 defeat to Lincoln, who finished third in the Skrill Premier was a relatively decent result.

The Players

Highest Average Rating (Min. 10 starts): Zach Thelen, 7.20

Top Scorer: Zach Thelen, 20

Most Assists: Lewis Welch, 13

Worst Discipline: Adrian Sear, 5 yellow cards

Ever-Present: Angelos Lionis

The Finances

Money is tight, but we're getting by. Hopefully, we can get a good cup run or two nest season.

The Future

Aims for next season are simple: Try to stay up, try not to lose too much money. The stadium is being improved to met the standards of the division ahead of us, which is good. Hopefully we can get the money to improve our youth and training facilities.

[b][u][color="black"]CLUB HISTORY[/color][/u][/b]

[b]SEASON	LEAGUE	POS.	Notes[/b]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]14/15[/b]	TSN	[url=http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee69/DizzyIzzyB13/St%20Neots%20Town/2014-15/SkrillNorth_zpsf5f72613.png]5th[/url]	Promoted via Play-offs

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[b][u][color="black"]TROPHY CABINET[/color][/u][/b]

N/A

Isabella Bianchi ()

[b][u][color=purple]MANAGER AWARDS[/color][/u][/b]

Skrill North Manager of the Season: [url=http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee69/DizzyIzzyB13/St%20Neots%20Town/2014-15/MoS2014-15_zps6c69c94c.png]2014-15[/url]

Skrill North Manager of the Month: [url=http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee69/DizzyIzzyB13/St%20Neots%20Town/2014-15/MoMAugust2013_zpse6a8e98d.png]August 2013[/url], [url=http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee69/DizzyIzzyB13/St%20Neots%20Town/2014-15/MoMDecember2013_zps7e1786b0.png]December 2013[/url]

Good luck - I'd say Poole are somewhat more of a challenge than Dulwich.

Will you be redoing your career thread?

I might redo my career thread. I just want to get a few seasons under my belt first to make sure things are a bit more successful. All things going well I will restart in in a weeks time or so.

Am a bit confused with the ass.man main pick for DC between these 3. Clive Eustace is his first pick - what makes him better according to the game, compared to Davey Taylor or Josh Neal? The only thing i can come up with is mental stats, personally I would say Neal is the better of the 3?

What Role do you use at DC? As a normal centre-back I'd say Eustace would be the better player as it's only really his physical attributes that are worse and his greater mental attributes should make up for that, he is also only 18 so should have a better chance to improve than the other two depending on peoples PA, if you are using limited defenders then Neal would be the best.

What Role do you use at DC? As a normal centre-back I'd say Eustace would be the better player as it's only really his physical attributes that are worse and his greater mental attributes should make up for that, he is also only 18 so should have a better chance to improve than the other two depending on peoples PA, if you are using limited defenders then Neal would be the best.

Ball playing defender

If I may raise a point of order, I don't think I fully understand what you are supposed to do if you get sacked.

Do you chose a team just promoted to Skrill N/S as of the next summer, or as of the 2014 summer?

As of next summer though they cannot have played in the active leagues since the game started (i.e. you can't pick a side that was relegated in the first season and has come back up in the third season). If you are still in pre-season then you should be able to take control of one of the sides that has just come up provided they weren't in a playable league in the first season onwards.

LOYAL MARINE F.C. SEASON TICKET HOLDERS

Our manager Phil Brazier managed to get this club promoted into the Skrill (whatever that is) North against all odds.

We thank Phil for his commitment and professionalism during one of our finest years at Rossett Park. Today we are replacing him with a man from Buenos Aires named Pedro Sawicki. You can't do anything about this. I own the football club. I laugh at your attempts at protest.

Chairman of the Board,

Paul Leary

No way I could ever improve on the above, espescially since I ironically ended up with Marine(just took the worst team on the first time through, no reloading). I'm a near-complete noob to the game so I expect many failures. My condolences to the Marine fans who will be forced to endure my ignorant, flailing attempts to 'guide' their club.

http://i.imgur.com/3DPsqAY.png

Typical that it'd happen in the end. My laptop has been overheating and turning off recently, and it had to happen during saving. Oh, and I had to forget to turn on the rolling autosave... Lost my FC United save. Thankfully, I was only in October 2014. I'm going back to my Maidstone save, as I can't be bothered with the pre-season again.

Buxton Season Summary 2021/22

sx0u.jpg

League 1

Final Position 12th

Profile - Squad - Table - Graph - Transfers - Finances - Cups - Records

An overall good first season in League 1. Had a bunch of players coming in, aswell as a bunch departing. Took some time for the team to gel together, but once tactics was learned (mid september - and how can it be, players completely forget all they have learned over course of a season, during 4 week holiday?) And once their manager found out how to play the new players, we strolled on a steady mid table course. On the last team meeting, I told players I expected them to come back to a midtable season, however, they said I wasn't ambitious enough.. Looking forward to seeing them perform then!

Cups were not great at all. Second round defeat in the LC to Fulham. JPT second round defeat to Fleetwood. FA third round defeat to Leicester.

One of the new signees is rotting in the reserve squad. Having played 29 games and recieved nothing less but 9 yellow and 5 red cards - Kodi Lyons-Foster, doesn't deserve to wear his uniform anymore..

A few other players who really impressed.

Des Shaw - was used DC, DL and DM over the season, and what playing well, regardless where he was positioned.

Samuel Rowlands made an attacking duo with James Murphy - both scored quite a few goals, am quite happy with their goals, considering the strength in the other teams defenses.

Year        	League       	Position     	Promotions	Cups/Achievements
2014/15		Skrill N	5th		None		None
2015/16		Skrill N	2nd		Yes!		Playoff final
2016/17		Skrill P	16th		None		None
2017/18		Skrill P	8th		None		None
2018/19		Skrill P	1st		Yes!		FAT finalist
2019/20		L2		18th		None		None
2020/21		L2		6th		Yes!		Playoff final
2021/22		L1		12th		None		None

Now that the editor is up, took the time to get the reps. Should safe Dafuge some work...

Ryman Football League Premier Division

AFC Hornchurch - 1700
Billericay - 1700
Bognor Regis - 1500
Bury Town - 1750
Canvey Island - 1600
Carshalton - 1500
Cray - 1300
Dulwich Hamlet - 1350
East Thurrock - 1400
Enfield Town - 1200
Grays - 1450
Hampton & Richmond - 1650
Harrow - 1300
Hendon - 1450
Kingstonian - N/A
Leiston - 1250
Lewes - 1550
Lowestoft - 1750
Maidstone - 1500
Margate - 1550
Met Police - 1350
Thamesmead - 1400
Wealdstone - 1700
Wingate & Finchley - 1250

Calor Gas League Southern Premier Division

Arlesey - 1200
Banbury - 1450
Bashley - 1350
Bedford - 1500
Bideford - 1100
Biggleswade Town - 1150
Burnham - 1150
Cambridge City - 1600
Chesham - 1450
Chippenham - 1450
Corby - 1800
Frome - 1100
Hemel Hempstead - 1300
Hinckley - 1600
Hitchin - 1500
Hungerford - 1000
Poole Town - 1050
Redditch - 1650
St. Albans - 1750
St. Neots - 1500
Stourbridge - 1250
Totton - 1150
Truro - 1500
Weymouth - 1600

Evo-Stik League Northern Premier Division

AFC Fylde - 1750
Ashton Utd - 1550
Barwell - 1400
Blyth - 1550
Buxton - 1600
Chorley - 1700
Droylsden - 1500
FC United - 1900
Frickley - 1450
Grantham - 1450
Ilkeston - 1500
King's Lynn - 1550
Marine - 1650
Matlock - 1500
Nantwich - 1550
Rushall - 1650
Skelmersdale - 1450
Stafford - 1500
Stamford - 1400
Stocksbridge - 1400
Trafford - 1350
Whitby - 1550
Witton - 1650
Worksop - 1600

Drew. Bury Town. Skrill Premier. 2018/2019

Youth Intake - Okay intake, nothing too special.

Table - So close, so very close, I think we could have done with drawing less games, and wining more but other than that, I could not fault my side.

Team - Some good performances this season, defence was relatively solid, midfield was okay, I think I could have done with my strikers scoring a few goals between the; Joe Cooper despite not being my best defender, he definitely put in a half decent shift, and his high average rating proved that; Colin Carmichael was another one, despite not being the best stats wise, he put in a lot of hard work which payed off; Wayne Jones had a solid season, despite not scoring as much goals as I had hoped, but this could have been down to the whole team not clicking as much this season, but still a very good season from the young man.

Transfers

Finances

Me

Redditch United

The Skrill North

2014/15

wgeUYKI.png

Manager Profile|Manager Information|Confidence

Club Information|Squad|Transfers

twitter@cmpn

The Skrill North

Finished 11th

Table|Position Graph

FA Cup

Lost to Shepshed in 4th Qualifying Round on penalties

FA Trophy

Lost to Forest Green in First Round

Key Players

Andy Ring|Harvey Headley|Scott Cousins

Well, I survived my first season at Redditch. I managed to place 11th in The Skrill North, in spite of a woefully underqualified, understaffed and underfunded side. Upon my arrival, I was shocked to discover I had zero staff. It was just the Chairman and me. After I cobbled together a passable team, I went about the task of assembling a squad with the half-dozen players that hadn't bailed on me. As you would expect, the board was incredibly tight-fisted with the purse strings. I'm hoping my midtable finish on a shoestring will inspire them to kick me a bit more dough for next season. I'm definitely going to need to bring in some more talent, ASAP.

Career Overview

SEASON       LEAGUE       POS       NOTES
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15      TSN          11th      BBC Sport's TSN Biggest Overachiever

Right! Looks like I going to have to start again

I finshed the 2018/19 season in 18th place and £904k in debt then during pre season I went into administration, so I am docked 10 points for the new season. The PFA place a transfer embargo on the club. I can't sign any free transfers.

Because I was unable to offer any new contracts to the players whose contracts were expiring I had no first team players left and had to promote all my under 18's into the first team squad. I played 9 games of the new season and drawn one and lost EIGHT! No chance I am going to stay up.

Gutted

Are you going to see the season out first?

Not sure, will have a think today. I'm in September already, unless someone buys the club out of adminstration ASAP, I can't see how I am going to get out of it. The morale is awful, I am 11 points away from the team above me. Not sure if it's worth spending the time starting again

Archived