dafuge's FM14 challenge

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thamesmead Town - 2013/14

League Table - Graph - Squad - Transfers - Finances

Ended up surviving the first season after a good of results which stated in March. Never held much hope after finding the wage budget was 2.5k and the assistant insisted my Gk's best position was AM R :eek:. Lost around 80k over the season even though we were spending just over 1k per week on wages. In the transfer market our hands were tied, even ending up loaning players from the poorer teams of our own league.

Fa Cup - Fa Trophy

Cup runs were non-existent, dropping out of both cups at the 1st hurdle against Lower league teams. Need better next year to ease the financial pressure

Player of the season was This Man, his goals kept us up and hope we can build on that next season.

One personal accolade at least winning Manager of the Month in March :cool:

Hypothetical question - if you used the editor to change the reputation of your favoured club to ensure they got promoted (on June 24), then changed it back again immediately after (on June 25 before taking the job, setting targets etc) would that be against the spirit of the competition? It seems ridiculous to have people reloading for days on end.

Hypothetical question - if you used the editor to change the reputation of your favoured club to ensure they got promoted (on June 24), then changed it back again immediately after (on June 25 before taking the job, setting targets etc) would that be against the spirit of the competition? It seems ridiculous to have people reloading for days on end.

It usually gets asked every year, and the 'no editors' rule still stands. Sounds tough, but I really didn't want any blurred lines on that one.

Plus, I think some people actually enjoy the reloading :D

Holidaying at the moment. Going to do about 50 reloads before I just plump for the Met Police.

I am one of those people who enjoy reloading, it's fun to me. However I can see why it would be infuriating, before this year I hadnt seen Met police come up before.

Also, good luck to anyone playing Fylde. Last year after about 30 years in-game and repeated winning of the premiership the board still wouldnt upgrade my stadium from about 12000 :(

EDIT: To anyone just starting, dont forget to put on weekly rolling saves over 3 slots! There's always that chance of a crash after a 3 hour session.

It usually gets asked every year, and the 'no editors' rule still stands. Sounds tough, but I really didn't want any blurred lines on that one.

No, that's fair enough. I found the loading kinda therapeutic - it's certainly less stressful than playing!

East Thurrock United FC

Skrill South

2015/16

lh8nT6m.gif

GAME OVER (Relegated from Skrill South and Sacked)

General Comments

Terrible season. I made horrible signings, and had an incapable team that I couldn't get anything out of. I experimented a bit with tactics to try and learn something about LLM tactics after halfway through the season, as I knew it was over. Time to restart. Hopefully I'm not as completely hopeless next attempt. It was a shame, as I was really enjoying some of my players and the general feel of East Thurrock.

Attempt #3 commencing shortly!

League Results

League Table | Position Graph

Career Overview

Season      League               League Finish       Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9130598&viewfull=1#post9130598"]Initial Post[/url]
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9142182&viewfull=1#post9142182"]2014/15[/url]     Skrill South         17th                Survival
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9142182&viewfull=1#post9142182"]2015/16[/url]     Skrill South         20th(relegated)                

Holidaying at the moment. Going to do about 50 reloads before I just plump for the Met Police.

I am one of those people who enjoy reloading, it's fun to me. However I can see why it would be infuriating, before this year I hadnt seen Met police come up before.

Also, good luck to anyone playing Fylde. Last year after about 30 years in-game and repeated winning of the premiership the board still wouldnt upgrade my stadium from about 12000 :(

EDIT: To anyone just starting, dont forget to put on weekly rolling saves over 3 slots! There's always that chance of a crash after a 3 hour session.

I've started with Fylde. Good to know for the future - Initial problem seems to be that you are left with just two first team players, the other four have been offered contracts so low they reject and then refuse to negotiate.

I have no doubt that Hyp gets some sick pleasure from it

Nantwich_town_125.png

Nantwich Town FC

For the third time, Icelandic nobody Krummi Samuelsson is attempting to run a lower league team after previous failures with Lewes and East Thurrock. Oddly enough the resume he handed to the Nantwich chairman did not state any previous managerial experience.

Overview | Information | 1st Team

Third time lucky!

Previous Challenge Attempts

Lewes

Managed to lose 10 games straight and become the most hated person in Lewes FC history. Quitting early due to the team being beyond repair.

East Thurrock

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9130598&viewfull=1#post9130598"]Initial Post[/url]
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9142182&viewfull=1#post9142182"]2014/15[/url]     Skrill South         17th                Survival
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9142182&viewfull=1#post9142182"]2015/16[/url]     Skrill South         20th(relegated)                

I've started with Fylde. Good to know for the future - Initial problem seems to be that you are left with just two first team players, the other four have been offered contracts so low they reject and then refuse to negotiate.

I'm trying to remember the state the club was in last year. Wasnt as bad as that, though I think I had about 6 or 7 players.

Is Matty Hughes still kicking about? He was at the club when I started last year, stuck it out all the way to the premiership. I still have no idea how.

I like you determination Foot :D.

Cheers mate. I'm a few matches into my new season and I've started the season with a glorious 3 match losing streak, sitting tightly in 22nd.

This is, by far, the worst I've ever been at something. I've read the 12-step-guide to FM tactics, I've read a bunch of tips on how to manage Lower League teams in FM, but I'm still entirely incompetent. There has to be something I'm missing. I feel like I will lose no matter who I sign or what tactics I play with.

Cheers mate. I'm a few matches into my new season and I've started the season with a glorious 3 match losing streak, sitting tightly in 22nd.

This is, by far, the worst I've ever been at something. I've read the 12-step-guide to FM tactics, I've read a bunch of tips on how to manage Lower League teams in FM, but I'm still entirely incompetent. There has to be something I'm missing. I feel like I will lose no matter who I sign or what tactics I play with.

What about the training and match prep. I find that if I have a lot of new players, regardless of the assistant advice I always select teamwork

What about the training and match prep. I find that if I have a lot of new players, regardless of the assistant advice I always select teamwork

Good point, I've never really bothered with the match prep. That'd probably explain why my players always look like a rabble of eyeless mutes.

Good point, I've never really bothered with the match prep. That'd probably explain why my players always look like a rabble of eyeless mutes.

I normally do fitness and team Cohesion from the start until the season begins, at least. Also, in the lower leagues I try and buy 1 pacey striker to play up front, really helps you get an edge.

Met Police - Under New Management

Manager Info - Manager Profile

PC McGarry has been relocated from Camberwick Green to Surrey to take control of the Met Police squad. The Met have high hopes for the future of both the squad and various police puns over the next few years.

(if someone could just have a check of those manager profiles to check I havent cocked up before starting that'd be fantastic. Also, thanks to Brizza for uploading this save)

At the moment following promotion and a new season, I have a key player request a non contract rather than previous part time contract. Also a transfer target not willing to enter negotiations but talking to clubs in a lower division.

Also try and play as many pre-season friendly as possible. i usually set my assistant with the responsibility for arranging pre-season friendlies. Usually comes up with at least 4 or 5. Give you time to see your formation and tactics in action without costing you points.

Also try and play as many pre-season friendly as possible. i usually set my assistant with the responsibility for arranging pre-season friendlies. Usually comes up with at least 4 or 5. Give you time to see your formation and tactics in action without costing you points.

I didn't even know that was possible. Cheers for the advice. I'm all ears if you have any more tips!

I didn't even know that was possible. Cheers for the advice. I'm all ears if you have any more tips!

It's also worth putting in the time to make a quick corner tactic.

My usual one is to have 1 CB attacking the near stick (the one with the better heading stat) and the other attacking the far post. My striker stands on the keeper and the best long range shooter lurks on the edge of the area. I will then have deliveries set to either near post or 6yard box.

A good corner tactic is worth at least 15 goals a season, well worth trying. It's also good to do that at the start so you can see how it works in a friendly and tweak it as needed.

6pOGbhG.jpg

Chorley FC

The failure fetishist, Icelandic nobody Krummi Samuelsson is going for his fourth attempt at greatness after failed attempts with Lewes, East Thurrock and Nantwich Town. I have a bit more hope this time, as I've learned quite a few solid lessons in my last three attempts. If I finish in the top half of the table I will be more than chuffed.

Overview | Information | 1st Team

Third time lucky!

Previous Challenge Attempts

Lewes

Managed to lose 10 games straight and become the most hated person in Lewes FC history. Quitting early due to the team being beyond repair.

Nantwich Town FC

As disastrous as my Lewes campaign. 10 games in with 9 losses and a single win. Third time was definitely not lucky. Also, their 'field green' coloured tops were chaffing my thighs.

East Thurrock

So after my last game crashed and I decided I didn't want to carry it on from the previous save, I started again. I already knew who I wanted to be and it only took a few reloads to get them.

7QWzykt.png

WORKSOP TOWN

Introducing the new manager of Worksop Town, Darren Denton. (Completely forgot to do the screenshot on the first day, managed to do it before the season started though.)

There can't be many better ways to start this season than this.

Well this is annonying it appears the league have forced us to expand our stadium for no reason, our capacity has just been increased by 1,000 to 4,000 but we can only use 2,671 capacity in normal matches (it seems they are only letting me use the seats that were closed during the expansion) :confused:

Anyone know what the real Skrill Premier ground rules are?

I dont think there are rules regarding stadiums apart from having to be at a certain standard/grade. You certainly shouldn't have to only use seating.

We can still use standing area, just not the extra 1,000 standing area we've just been forced to put in by the league. It seems to have affected a couple of other sides in the league who have expanded their stadiums as well.

I have no doubt that Hyp gets some sick pleasure from it

I think you could be right. I find it strangely enjoyable. However I am glad to be able to play FM this weekend and not spend all of it reloading like last weekend!

Archived