dafuge's FM14 challenge

After spending the last couple of years playing in Austria, I've decided to return to England for FM14 and have taken charge of my local side AFC Fylde.

Their stadium is even worse than normal (it doesn't even exist on google maps), as it's pretty much a field in the middle of farmland with acces to it via a pub, one thing I am hoping is that they don't have as much trouble in game as IRL with regards moving to a new ground (planning permision for a move to another site has been rejected several times).

Word of advice if anyone hasn't noticed Physios are now counted as other staff with coaches so sign a physio first otherwise you'll be left without one like me :(

It might be hard to find but it was bouncing for my recent 3rd round FA cup tie against Blackburn!!! 3000 fans saw us go down 2-1 in an epic match:applause:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't believe how you got them promoted. I've been reloading nearly two days now. The rarest teams I've seen is: Hendon, Frickley, Dulwich Hamlet and Skelmersdale.

Even got Met Police now.

Didn't realise where my friendlies ended and my league campaign began... so I just tried naming 12 subs for a Skrill North match. Ended up playing the game with three left-backs on the bench. Won 6-0 though. Good job I named my true first XI!

After spending the last couple of years playing in Austria, I've decided to return to England for FM14 and have taken charge of my local side AFC Fylde.

Their stadium is even worse than normal (it doesn't even exist on google maps), as it's pretty much a field in the middle of farmland with acces to it via a pub, one thing I am hoping is that they don't have as much trouble in game as IRL with regards moving to a new ground (planning permision for a move to another site has been rejected several times).

Word of advice if anyone hasn't noticed Physios are now counted as other staff with coaches so sign a physio first otherwise you'll be left without one like me :(

At least you have a ground its not fun paying out bury every home game :lol: Im trying to save up so i can move FC into a new ground and continue from there !!

6 games in and im fairing very well in the skrill north. First game of the season i lost and i thought everything was going to go downhill, Ive now found my formation and my players are noow stepping upto the plate. Im currently in 2nd position and pushing to get that top spot !!

http://gyazo.com/244d9799be864c4efceca8560de1e5c7 - Heres my results so far a nice 5-1 win against hedensford :D

will post more updates soon :)

Well looks like I'm stuck with a duff chairman yet again.

Ask for a parent team to get players on loan, he see's no point, after some arguing he finaly agrees to get one only to come back a month later saying he was unable to find anyone.

Couple months later again ask this time for one to give us some money, considering we are £100K in the red halfway through the season, but again he sees no point, but agrees after arguing, only to again come back a month later having failed to find a parent team, I don't even think he is looking :(

With 10 games left we are save from relegation and sitting pretty in second place - nine points behind leaders Stockport and 12 points ahead of Bradford who are just outside the playoff spots.

The bad news is my lack of a physio is now coming back to bite me, I currently have my three best players out injured - my Keeper, Centre Midfielder and Striker :(

Whitby Town

Skrill North

2016/17

l8egA7j.png

Club Information | Confidence | Finances | Squad | Transfers (1) (2)

The League

League Table | Position Graph

The Cups

FA Cup Fixtures | FA Trophy Fixtures

Key Players

Ben Deegan | Gilbert Kavanagh | Mukhtar Mitchell

Awards

Fan's Player of the Season

Mukhtar Mitchell

38 goals from 45 games will pretty much guarantee you this award, as well as the one below...

Top Scorer

Mukhtar Mitchell

In addition to this, he also got the league's top scorer. Great season from Mukhtar.

Millward Player's Choice Award

Manager's Player of the Season

Mukhtar Mitchell

No brainer.

Jordan Swinburn Award

Surprise of the Season

The brief FA Cup run, and Mukhtar Mitchell's 38 goals.

Aims For Next Season

Top half is the aim. 13th and two 12ths has been good but it's time to push on.

Career Overview

Season      League               League Finish       Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9101025&viewfull=1#post9101025"]2014/15[/url]     Skrill North         13th                Survival
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9113054&viewfull=1#post9113054"]2015/16[/url]     Skrill North         12th                Survival
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9125478&viewfull=1#post9125478"]2016/17[/url]     Skrill North         12th                Survival

Whitby Town

Skrill North

2017/18

l8egA7j.png

Club Information | Confidence | Finances | Squad | Transfers

The League

League Table | Position Graph

Skrill North Playoff First Leg | Skrill North Playoff Second Leg

Heartbreak. Absolute heartbreak. Seconds away from having the lifeline of extra time for our promotion hopes and it's ripped away from us... by an own goal. We worked so hard and were so close only to cause our own collapse. You can't code this stuff.

The Cups

FA Cup Fixtures | FA Trophy Fixtures

Key Players

Ben Deegan | Miles Nicholson | Steven Sutton

Awards

Fan's Player of the Season

Ben Deegan

'The Beast' Ben Deegan got the fans vote this year with his 22 goals, also netting him...

Top Scorer

Ben Deegan

This. 20 from 33 in the league. Not bad at all.

Millward Player's Choice Award

Manager's Player of the Season

Miles Nicholson

And those 20 goals were largely made up from Miles Nicholson's 19 assists. Fantastic winger.

Jordan Swinburn Award

Surprise of the Season

Hitting the playoffs. Also the biggest disappointment of the season.

Aims For Next Season

Go one step further. If we can make the playoffs, that's good enough but after this year, I want retribution.

Career Overview

Season      League               League Finish       Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9101025&viewfull=1#post9101025"]2014/15[/url]     Skrill North         13th                Survival
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9113054&viewfull=1#post9113054"]2015/16[/url]     Skrill North         12th                Survival
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9125478&viewfull=1#post9125478"]2016/17[/url]     Skrill North         12th                Survival
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9125483&viewfull=1#post9125483"]2017/18[/url]     Skrill North         5th                 Playoffs - Utter Heartbreak

Buxton Season Summary 2017/18

sx0u.jpg

Skrill P

Final League position 8th

Profile - Squad - Table - Graph - Finances - Transfers - Cups - Records

An overall good season. The original 4-4-2 I had played with past seasons, had a remake to 4-2-2-2 which helped us concede less goals, in return, didn't score as many either. Was actually sniffing at a playoff spot with 6 games to, but with a mix of injuries and tired players, we lost 5 of the last 6 games and ended in 8th position.

High point of the season, was the FA Cup game home vs Burnley. Despite loosing 1-0, we had our first sellout and sold a whooping 4k seats!

The downpoint of the season was the FAT, where the entry round saw us loose heavy 3-0 home to Macclesfield.

There hasn't been any single player who made a huge impact, it has been a mix of trying to get own youth prospects mixed with the first team players. Ashley Palmer has probably been the most consistent player over the season.

Am finally being able to attract some better players, but the finances are lacking to actually sign them, this is by far the most frustrating part of the 2014 game.

Year        	League       	Position     	Promotions	Cups/Achievements
2014/15		Skrill N	5th		None		None
2015/16		Skrill N	2nd		Yes!		Playoff final
2016/17		Skrill P	16th		None		None
2017/18		Skrill P	8th		None		None

Badge-Hampton.jpg

Hampton and Richmond Season 2014/16 Review

Skrill South

Table - Graph - Finances - Transfer - Squad

What a strange feeling I had when this season ended, we started off OK but inconsistent. With my (very) small squad (mainly due to me trying to play hardball with some players and losing them in the summer) any rush of injuries meant a change in our shape, when 3 of our 4 forwards went down I had to change the shape from a 4-1-3-2 to a 4-2-3-1, this resulted in an upturn in results and lead us on a run of only 1 loss in 13 games to propel us to the edge of the playoffs, a run of only 3 wins in 10 looked to have cost us before we hammered St Albans in our final home game 4-0 to move into 5th place.

Last game of the season saw us head to 15th placed Eastbourne where a win was needed to secure the final playoff place, a nervy game from us but we took the lead and were very comfortable, before a goal in the 88th minute from Eastbourne. That meant we ended 6th.

Key Players

Jordan Parkes - my attacking LB was a star. 10 goals and 5 assists and my free kick master

Sami El-Abd - the CB was a rock and even chipped in with 5 goals

Charlie Reece - My playmaker, team revolves with him, 14 assists shows his importance

FA Cup

A nice run, but we were unable to make the first round proper

FA Trophy

Meh, nothing really to see here

My save has corrupted so i will have to restart. In the 2nd season, the team had only drawn 3 games out of 9 in the league and had gone out of the FA cup, the sack was probably on the horizon anyway. Can't seem to get the hang of setting the team up to defend without the sliders.

After a few reloads i decided there was unfinished business with Rushall - profile

Seems a stronger side this time around with a lot more players at the club. have to make sure i keep some of them.

I have to say I'm not surprised at this at all. I have been sacked after finishing rock bottom of the Skrill Premier. This was in no small part down to me messing about to much with my tactics.

Tv2vFCJ.png?1

We went on to lose 4-1

jWTTEEh.png?1

Yes it was annoying to get the sack but this is a really nice new feature where you can give a reason for your failings and try to persuade and in some cases beg for more time.

vb3NwF6.png?1

My reasons for failure didn't go down to well and I was shown the door.

13 Games in and im having a great season ! in a nice 4th position hopefully pushing for the top 2, Played AFC Telford in my 11th game and narrowly lost 1-0 in the 85th minute, !

Mike Norton is having a great season with 9 goals in 10 games ! http://gyazo.com/ac44c984fdbe0f6899af62b01a437bd9 here is the league table

aswell ! http://gyazo.com/0a7542f85917abd73319e08bde28f595

Drew. Bury Town. 2016/2017. Skrill Premier

Youth Intake - Already I can see that there is at least two playes that can make a difference next season, Wayne Jones looks like he will be a very good player for us, as long as we can keep hold of him.

Table - Improved from last season, not by much, but it's still an improvement.

Squad - Some decent performances there, most notably from my defenders, John Cullen put in some solid performances in the centre of defence, but may have to be content with playing at fullback next season; Gary Elphick was another one who had a good season, solid as usual, is getting on a bit now but his experience is vital for my young side.

Transfers

Finances

Me

AFC Fylde – Skrill North 2014/15 – Season 1

Having returned from a couple of years (decades in FM terms) in Austria to manage my local side the expectations were to avoid relegation though the media rather surprisingly predicted we'd finish 17th.

Transfers - Busy season as I went about building a squad bringing in ~25 players some key players and the rest mostly child labour on £5p/w, I also culled as much dead wood as possible.

FA Cup - Disappointing debut in the FA Cup as we narrowly beat lower league Cambridge in the 2nd Qual Round just to be well beaten by another lower league side Bury Town in the next round.

FA Trophy - Went better after a slow start where we needed pens in a replay to beat Southport, before beating Premier sides Morecambe and Grimsby before crashing out to fellow North side Harrogate in a replay, that would prove costly as I lost my three best players to injuries, with Keeper Hinchliffe being ruled out for a month and Striker Blinkhorn out for two months.

Skrill North - Solid debut season as we finished 3rd spending the entire season in the playoffs but we just couldn't push on to make a push for the title, we eventually caught upto early leaders Histon, but we unable to stop Stockport from pushing past us and they were quickly out of sight, and with injuries piling up Telford pipped us to second place at the end of the season.

Playoff Semi-Final - We drew Halifax in the playoffs and despite being battered we managed to escape with a 1-0 win the first leg though the pen miss could prove costly, with the Second Leg at home we were again battered but a last minute goal from McNair put us into the Final.

Playoff Final - We got off to an awful start conceeding a long range free-kick and another long range effort before 16yo Striker Webster pulled a goal back before half-time and then equalised earlier in the second half, and were then battered by Telford needing several fine saves from my Keeper to keep us level as we spurned what few chances we had to snatch a winner, extra-time went pretty much the same which saw the game go down to pens, we started brightly as my two 16yo strikers Nurse (who'd come on purely for the pens) and Webster scored, unfortantley Minihan again missed his pen knocking it straight at their Keeper as Telford scored all five of theirs :(

Squad, Overview and Best XI

After messing around for the first half of the season I've finaly settled on a tactic that works - Fluid Counter 4-1-4-1 formation with them hassling the opponents - we pack men behind the ball and break with pace hoping that my wingers and striker can break free of the defence, which turns it into more of a 4-3-3 formation when we have the ball.

GK - Ben Hinchliffe is Fylde's real Keeper and was in fine form singlehandly keeping us in several games including the playoff final.

RB FB-S - Sam Minihan - picked up on a free by the AI in the first season after being released by Rochdale and had an excellent season bar is penalty taking and has the potential to be a League One player.

CD-D - Nat Kerr was poached from FC United before he could play a game for them and was a rock at the back who was also a danger from corners, however annoyingly he picked up an agent after joining me and I cannot offer him a new contract as I don't have any money to pay his agent.

CD-D - Experienced Centre-Back Kyle May was picked up after being released by Workington and formed a solid partnership with Kerr, before being phased out by Welshman Declan Dalley who joined after being released by Man Utd and has League One potential though he made a slow start mainly because he was on a free for over six months before he finally agreed to join me.

LB FB-S - Jeff Aspin was picked up on a free and made the left back spot is own despite only being 16.

DM-D - Aaron Chalmers was picked up after being released from Southport and was a steady pressence in the DM role.

RM W-A - Dave Hankin was another existing player who had a solid time on the right wing.

CM DLP-S - Junior Konadu was signed by the AI after being released by Histon and had an excellent season in the middle of the park.

CM BBM-S - Patrick McNair was snapped up after Man Utd released him and formed a fine partnership with Konadu in the middle and is another player with League One potential

LM W-A - Danny Lloyd another AI signing and whilst highly rated he has an annoying habbit of shooting on sight which wouldn't be to bad if he ever got his shots on target.

ST P-A - Matthew Blinkhorn another existing Fylde player the much travelled former-Blackpool youngster (who I'm sure I'd signed in an earlier challenge) lead the line well and was fairly lethal when he got his shots on target and was missed in the second half of the season when he spent most of it out injured. Providing cover were two 16yo Strikers Dougie Nurse who isn't the fastest player but is fairly lethal in front of goal and Tom Webster who joined from Loughborough Uni and is the opposite of Nurse - he has bags of pace but isn't that great at finishing but creates enough chances to make up for his finishing.

Academy Prospects - Striker Harry Williams was the best of the bunch and he was only signed due to my lack of Strikers.

Finances - Not good as we lost nearly £200K this season, and to make matters worse the board took out a £60K loan to pay for putting in 450 seats.

Manager Profile - Reputation increases to Regional already, whilst the game seems to treat my 4-1-4-1 formation as 4-3-3 on the plus side the board offered me a new contract (though they left it late) which I managed to get down to £95p/w from the crazy £500 p/w they were paying me before (they paid me over £20K wages last season that could have been better used elsewhere :()

The plan for next season was to get promotion, however I have to slice £2K p/w from the wage budget which is going to leave me thin on the ground if we pick up any injuries next season - I'm down to a first XI minus a Right Winger with just several kids for backup.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements                  
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15        Skrill North             3rd        Playoff Finalists                 

Bury Town FC: Season Review 2014/15

What a season for the Blues. Skrill North Manager of the Season Sam McNally has guided Bury Town Football Club to promotion into the Skrill Premier Division. We finished 4th and after beating Tamworth 2-1 over two legs (1-0 (H), 1-1 (A)), we found ourselves taking on Guiseley at Nethermoor for the ultimate prize. The game finished 1-1, and thus went to extra time, with local 15 year old Jason Bartlett scoring his fifth goal in as many games with 100 minutes on the clock, a goal that would eventually prove to be priceless to this football club. We are going up!

League Table | Transfers | Play-off Final | Squad

Awards

Fans’ Player of the Season

Joe Whight

Manager’s Player of the Season

Joe Whight

Joe has put in immaculate performances on a regular basis this season. Not only was he one of the key figures in the back four which conceded the fewest goals in the league, but this naturally gifted player earned himself 4 goals and 12 assists due to his exceptional ability from set pieces.

Cups: disappointing in general as we were knocked out pretty early on from both competitions.

Aims for next season: With much restructuring of the club required and no less than 12 players departing, we need to get a squad together capable of keeping up up. That would be classed as a success for me.

AFC Fylde – Skrill North 2014/15 – Season 1

Having returned from a couple of years (decades in FM terms) in Austria to manage my local side the expectations were to avoid relegation though the media rather surprisingly predicted we'd finish 17th.

Transfers - Busy season as I went about building a squad bringing in ~25 players some key players and the rest mostly child labour on £5p/w, I also culled as much dead wood as possible.

FA Cup - Disappointing debut in the FA Cup as we narrowly beat lower league Cambridge in the 2nd Qual Round just to be well beaten by another lower league side Bury Town in the next round.

FA Trophy - Went better after a slow start where we needed pens in a replay to beat Southport, before beating Premier sides Morecambe and Grimsby before crashing out to fellow North side Harrogate in a replay, that would prove costly as I lost my three best players to injuries, with Keeper Hinchliffe being ruled out for a month and Striker Blinkhorn out for two months.

Skrill North - Solid debut season as we finished 3rd spending the entire season in the playoffs but we just couldn't push on to make a push for the title, we eventually caught upto early leaders Histon, but we unable to stop Stockport from pushing past us and they were quickly out of sight, and with injuries piling up Telford pipped us to second place at the end of the season.

Playoff Semi-Final - We drew Halifax in the playoffs and despite being battered we managed to escape with a 1-0 win the first leg though the pen miss could prove costly, with the Second Leg at home we were again battered but a last minute goal from McNair put us into the Final.

Playoff Final - We got off to an awful start conceeding a long range free-kick and another long range effort before 16yo Striker Webster pulled a goal back before half-time and then equalised earlier in the second half, and were then battered by Telford needing several fine saves from my Keeper to keep us level as we spurned what few chances we had to snatch a winner, extra-time went pretty much the same which saw the game go down to pens, we started brightly as my two 16yo strikers Nurse (who'd come on purely for the pens) and Webster scored, unfortantley Minihan again missed his pen knocking it straight at their Keeper as Telford scored all five of theirs :(

Squad, Overview and Best XI

After messing around for the first half of the season I've finaly settled on a tactic that works - Fluid Counter 4-1-4-1 formation with them hassling the opponents - we pack men behind the ball and break with pace hoping that my wingers and striker can break free of the defence, which turns it into more of a 4-3-3 formation when we have the ball.

GK - Ben Hinchliffe is Fylde's real Keeper and was in fine form singlehandly keeping us in several games including the playoff final.

RB FB-S - Sam Minihan - picked up on a free by the AI in the first season after being released by Rochdale and had an excellent season bar is penalty taking and has the potential to be a League One player.

CD-D - Nat Kerr was poached from FC United before he could play a game for them and was a rock at the back who was also a danger from corners, however annoyingly he picked up an agent after joining me and I cannot offer him a new contract as I don't have any money to pay his agent.

CD-D - Experienced Centre-Back Kyle May was picked up after being released by Workington and formed a solid partnership with Kerr, before being phased out by Welshman Declan Dalley who joined after being released by Man Utd and has League One potential though he made a slow start mainly because he was on a free for over six months before he finally agreed to join me.

LB FB-S - Jeff Aspin was picked up on a free and made the left back spot is own despite only being 16.

DM-D - Aaron Chalmers was picked up after being released from Southport and was a steady pressence in the DM role.

RM W-A - Dave Hankin was another existing player who had a solid time on the right wing.

CM DLP-S - Junior Konadu was signed by the AI after being released by Histon and had an excellent season in the middle of the park.

CM BBM-S - Patrick McNair was snapped up after Man Utd released him and formed a fine partnership with Konadu in the middle and is another player with League One potential

LM W-A - Danny Lloyd another AI signing and whilst highly rated he has an annoying habbit of shooting on sight which wouldn't be to bad if he ever got his shots on target.

ST P-A - Matthew Blinkhorn another existing Fylde player the much travelled former-Blackpool youngster (who I'm sure I'd signed in an earlier challenge) lead the line well and was fairly lethal when he got his shots on target and was missed in the second half of the season when he spent most of it out injured. Providing cover were two 16yo Strikers Dougie Nurse who isn't the fastest player but is fairly lethal in front of goal and Tom Webster who joined from Loughborough Uni and is the opposite of Nurse - he has bags of pace but isn't that great at finishing but creates enough chances to make up for his finishing.

Academy Prospects - Striker Harry Williams was the best of the bunch and he was only signed due to my lack of Strikers.

Finances - Not good as we lost nearly £200K this season, and to make matters worse the board took out a £60K loan to pay for putting in 450 seats.

Manager Profile - Reputation increases to Regional already, whilst the game seems to treat my 4-1-4-1 formation as 4-3-3 on the plus side the board offered me a new contract (though they left it late) which I managed to get down to £95p/w from the crazy £500 p/w they were paying me before (they paid me over £20K wages last season that could have been better used elsewhere :()

The plan for next season was to get promotion, however I have to slice £2K p/w from the wage budget which is going to leave me thin on the ground if we pick up any injuries next season - I'm down to a first XI minus a Right Winger with just several kids for backup.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements                  
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15        Skrill North             3rd        Playoff Finalists                 

Great Read !! What badge pack did you use ?? I really want the FC United Badge !!

Dulwich Hamlet Football Club

Skrill South 2014/15-What a fantastic first season ending in winning the title on the final day! Beating Braintree for the title by 1 point in a fantastic first season for The Hamlet.

FA Cup-Knocked out against East Thurrock in the 2nd qual round after dominating the game we just didnt take our chances losing 1-0

FA Trophy-Knocked out against Eastbourne Town in the 3rd Qual round played a few fringe players but they didnt have the best of times losing 4-1 in a very disappointing performance!

Squad | League Standing | Tactic | Transfers | Finances

Stand out players were

Joe Obersteller

signed him on a free and was a monster of a wing back constantly getting up and down and scored a few important goals coming in at the back post

Erhun Aksel Oztumer

was already at the club turned him into my playmaker and built the team around him!

Top Goalscorer

Marcel Henry-Francis

Very frustrating player could have had 30+ goals if he didnt crumble in front of goal but scored the winner on the final day to win us the league so all the sitters he missed have been forgiven!

Next seasons objectives

Avoid Relegation- To do this we mainly need to strengthen the depth of the squad we were lucky in that we didnt have huge amounts of injuries at the same time!

thamesmeadlogonew_5026a3b89bc78.png

Decided to give Thamesmead in East London a go. Presenting the new manager: Lanthal Rowning

We're pegged to come 22nd and the chairman wants to avoid relegation. Let's hope I can manage that.

EDIT: Given that my starting senior squad has 9 players in it... this could be a rough first year...

bhV9EHb.png

Grays Athletic - Skrill Premier - 2016/17 - Twentieth [survival]

Season I would rather forget. We survived but barely.

The board still won't give us any money so I don't know where we go from here.

I HATE THE BSP

League Table

Games

Notable games

None really

Finances -Same place as last season. We don't get any money from the Board for wages, but we aren't really making any back either.

FA Cup - Poor game against Braintree which we had to take to a replay. Only just snuck by there. Outclassed against Carlisle though

FA Trophy - Great run in a time where we couldn't win any league games. Disappointing against Salisbury though

Squad - Rubbish. Quality strikers, but they had a crap year. Defence was and midfield were average at best.

Key Player Profiles

Dan Sintim - Another quality season. Have signed him on for another two seasons.

Colin Grey - Class player who really helped us in some games. controlled the midfield and kept out some rubbish

Player of the Season

Marc Lamb - really lived up to expectations. He could have been better, but in a team of poor players he was easily the best

Youth Players

U18's Position - 5th

Average intake overall, but I did get a bit lucky getting Wayte. He should be quality if we can keep him

Sean Wayte - Should be the goods in the next few years.

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2014/15       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill South       18th                 
2015/16       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill South        2nd 
2016/17       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill Premier     20th    

Next Season

Rebuild squad with our pitiful wage budget

Mid table? We just need to increase that budget

Do well enough in the cups for some cash

Facility News

We had some more seats installed last season. I am guessing we might have the same done this season

Major Competition Winners

Skrill Premier - Newport Co., Cambridge

FA Cup - Cardiff

FA Trophy - Macclesfield

English Premier League - Man City, Man Utd, Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea, Southampton

Championship - Bournemouth, Crystal Palace, Reading, (7th) Norwich

Champions League - PSG

Euro - Arsenal

Hyundai A-League - Sydney/Brisbane

Buxton Season Summary 2018/19

sx0u.jpg

Skrill P

Final position 1st

Profile - Squad - Graph - Table - Transfers - Finances - Cups - Records

The difference between injuries and a semi large squad made all the difference this season. I'm quite surprised with the quality of youth players from own ranks, and their playing abilities.

There was only really 5 teams who could challenge for the title as the graph shows. Didn't change the tactics during the season, which proved quite good the last season. The fact, that some of the youth also matured in age, mixed with the experience from the elder players, is really encouraging.

The cups really put some decent cash in the bank with 2 games being televised. This makes up for the loss in the FAT final. The FA cups was a breeze until the draws put a PRM team on our field, who clearly had no intention of fielding a "more fair" team for our match :lol:

My pick for player of the season, has to go to a home produced attacker. Jason Cullingworth played 40 games, scored 20 times and 14 assists, with an average rating of 7.47

Board is upgrading stadium to meet the requirement of L2, also they agreed to invest in youth coaching and youth setup, which is now exceptional and setup level 3.

Walsall has to be the biggest suprise in TSP, relegated from L1 to TSP in 3 years and only finishing in 17th place.

Year        	League       	Position     	Promotions	Cups/Achievements
2014/15		Skrill N	5th		None		None
2015/16		Skrill N	2nd		Yes!		Playoff final
2016/17		Skrill P	16th		None		None
2017/18		Skrill P	8th		None		None
2018/19		Skrill P	1st		Yes!		FAT finalist

90023012_zps59791692.png

Ilkeston Town

Skrill North - 2014/15

Manager Profile - Proof of Start Date

Squad - TransfersIn/Out[/url] - -

Season Summary

Absymal start as I just couldn't get my head around the new tactics system at all. Bit of help from TG and I was on my way though, eventually, implementing changes for the visit of Solihull Moors. Problem being I was trying to make it too complicated replicating an FM13 tactic, and playing counter somehow struggling to score goals. Horrendous in the cups, and I don't really know why, losing to Staines I suppose was expected in some way, but not the FA Cup loss. Didn't get asked to set bonuses for competitions (been removed?), and player fitness is proving a huge issue. Despite all my signings, most were on non contract. Which means that they in general are not very good except the left winger, so aren't good enough to provide depth. Which of course means that I made virtually no subs during the season as I wasn't confident in any of the backups to come in. My full backs just never got going all season, regularly getting sub 6.0 ratings and I have no idea how to fix that one either. At one point I really should have been sacked, sitting down in 20th place, and I don't know how I wasn't. Solihull Moors came from behind the second time I played them from 3-0 down on the hour to destroy me, and then I lost patience with the full backs after losing to Telford, changing to a 3-2-2-3 for Guiseley when defeat left me hanging on by the skin of my teeth. So I changed back, and did well to scramble a draw against promotion hopefuls Boston. That then turned the end of the season around, and some harsh words with my full backs made some kind of difference at last. We survived by beating Southport, 3rd place. For some reason we always seemed to do better against the bigger teams, something I'll need to sort.

-

Key Players

- His pace does it and that is about it. There's no other reason for him to be so good at what he does, but his channel runs behind the right back of most teams were fantastic.

- Already at the club, I expected him to be easily displaced by the incoming midfielders, but not so. Stuck to it admirably and had a fantastic season, but can't see him progressing any further.

- Another player I feel ridiculous for trying to replace, he easily outshone the other strikers for large portions of the season and scored most of the important goals. Having said that, I was very stubborn about playing him and spent ages trying to make my signings do well up front, yeah, didn't happen.

Awards

Manager's Player of the Year - Symon Cort - The non contract left winger is incredible, I guess 14 pace does it, but he won't sign a full contract and I'm scared I'll lose him.

Fan's Player of the Year - Symon Cort

Top Scorer - Adam Farrell - 19

Most Assists - Symon Cort - 10

Signing of the Season - Symon Cort - enough has been said previously

Flop of the Season - Both Italian midfielders, particularly Campagna. Looked good initially but was absolutely awful and someone I can't wait to get rid of.

Season League League Finish Achievements------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------2014/15 Skrill North 12th Survival (just about)

Archived