dafuge's FM14 challenge

Not sure whether to do a bit of reloading myself or to download a pre-set save by someone on here. Would very much like Canvey but the chances seem slim. Will probably give it a quick bash tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buxton Season 2014/15 summary

Profile - Squad - Transfers - Finances

Not alot to over this season. Didn't have any players worth mentioning really.

Finished in 5th position and lost in semi finals play offs to Stockport 4-5 on agg, Stockport later was promoted.

4th qual round FA exit to Bury Town, whom won Skrill North in sublime fashion.

1st round FAT exit to Chester

Finances are pretty in their red colors!

Year        	League       	Position     	Promotions	Cups/Achievements
2014/15		Skrill N	5th		None		None

Wow dude nice one. Most I have scored in a game is 5 but the other team usually gets 5 as well :)

I lost the previous two games 3-1 (albeit unfortunately), so it was a nice turnaround! I've established a fairly solid 4-4-2 tactic, but stopping the opposition bursting through your defence and snatching goals seems impossible.

So how's everyone finding it this year? Struggling with finances a little, especially knowing that all my players contracts are up at the end of the season.Only had time to play to September but so far so good, leading most games but end up drawing 2-2..last game I won 6-0 away from home so fingers crossed this a turning point. Still, fairly happy with 14th after the first month. Playing a 4-2-3-1 however I've pulled one of the CMs in to a DM slot to offer more support. Most players on short passing with a normal tempo. As soon as I'm happy with it I'll swap to commentary only.

Just done all of my pre season games, was pretty happy with all but the last.

My Bury Town side has been bolstered by about 14 signings, only had 11 players, 4 of which left on frees just after i took over.

So now have a good 23 with a few U21 players pulled up into the first team.

Now about to start my first game against north ferriby, a previous dafuge team of mine!

Won first two games :)

Only problem looks to be fitness....at the moment i have 3 games in 8 days, after the 2nd game half my players are 60% fitness or below, even after i rotated 3 or 4 in the second game.

Any advice?

Only problem looks to be fitness....at the moment i have 3 games in 8 days, after the 2nd game half my players are 60% fitness or below, even after i rotated 3 or 4 in the second game.

Any advice?

Its taken me 11 games to register 2 wins with nine games without a win including throwing away a 3 goal lead at halftime in the FA cup to a lower team. My physio tells me after every game several players need a long rest but since there is no-one to come in thats impossible.

I reckon I'll go for Corby town, as they are fierce rivals with Kettering and it'll be the closest I can get to Kettering!

Ties in nicely with my FM13 save where I was Kettering, although I never managed to post on this thread, couldn't find time to play it and write up about it, but I managed 24/25 seasons with Kettering and I won the Europa League twice but never managed to break top 4 as all 4 teams were Oil clubs and could spend triple what I had without selling anyone!

Its taken me 11 games to register 2 wins with nine games without a win including throwing away a 3 goal lead at halftime in the FA cup to a lower team. My physio tells me after every game several players need a long rest but since there is no-one to come in thats impossible.

Who you start with?

My wage budget was pretty low (7.25k) so found some decent frees. Now got 9 points from 4 games

Won first two games :)Only problem looks to be fitness....at the moment i have 3 games in 8 days, after the 2nd game half my players are 60% fitness or below, even after i rotated 3 or 4 in the second game.Any advice?
What training setup do you have? At the moment I'm using the following :-Allow rest before and after match.Default focus - tactics lowMatch Prep - Att.MovementEach players individual focus is set to the role I want them to play (I.e winger). All set to average intensity.Problem is players do end the game on like 60% fitness. I'm wondering if that's because I have no coaches, or I play with 'hassle opponents' on at all times.

What training setup do you have? At the moment I'm using the following :-Allow rest before and after match.Default focus - tactics lowMatch Prep - Att.MovementEach players individual focus is set to the role I want them to play (I.e winger). All set to average intensity.Problem is players do end the game on like 60% fitness. I'm wondering if that's because I have no coaches, or I play with 'hassle opponents' on at all times.

My training is similar, can't check right now. But pretty sure its similar.

I also play with hassle opponents on at all times until im winning by a few goals.

If i remember rightly now i have played 7 got 14 points! So not bad. Did have one atrocious result of a 5-0 away loss against AFC telford :(

As it stands

My top Earner is on 575 GBP per week.

Average age of my squad is 24

Predicted 14th in the league.

Gone 7 games unbeaten.

Currently 5th - 9 games 20 points.

However i know i usually start well and end not so well.

Any advice?

Being part-timers, fixture congestion can be a nightmare. I was lucky that King's Lynn came up with a pretty big squad and I had the budget to add to it. Not a huge amount of quality though but the numbers help. And my assistant handles match preparation and all that, which really helps. I rarely have players who are shockingly unfit unless they're injured.

But I tend to sacrifice certain games if needed by fielding the reserves for the sake of first team fitness. Cup games in particular, and occasionally league games if fixtures get too congested. The only thing to worry about is morale dipping from a loss, but assuming your opponents are facing similar congestion (AI managers tend to field REALLY tired players) then you should have a fitness advantage to make up for it. But primarily I don't add to the problem by playing anyone with fitness below 90%, anyone below 95% is only started if things are desperate.

Being part-timers, fixture congestion can be a nightmare. I was lucky that King's Lynn came up with a pretty big squad and I had the budget to add to it. Not a huge amount of quality though but the numbers help. And my assistant handles match preparation and all that, which really helps. I rarely have players who are shockingly unfit unless they're injured.

But I tend to sacrifice certain games if needed by fielding the reserves for the sake of first team fitness. Cup games in particular, and occasionally league games if fixtures get too congested. The only thing to worry about is morale dipping from a loss, but assuming your opponents are facing similar congestion (AI managers tend to field REALLY tired players) then you should have a fitness advantage to make up for it. But primarily I don't add to the problem by playing anyone with fitness below 90%, anyone below 95% is only started if things are desperate.

Interestingly enough i have selected certain games to play my reserves and they have won :)

Now won 6 in a row and unbeaten in 11.

Just hope we can keep going.

3rd after 10 games now.

Got good competition for places, just hope we don;t have a sudden dip in form, or get too many injuries.

Who you start with?

My wage budget was pretty low (7.25k) so found some decent frees. Now got 9 points from 4 games

Rushall, my budget was 6K. I could only find frees who were the same standard as my existing players and they all seemed to want about £350-500 pw in wages.

I've managed to squeeze 6500k/pw as Blyth, gave up on the Corby dream.

Albeit I've only got around 1k to play with as the rest is being spent already on players. An interesting thing, for me as an Arsenal fan is I've signed Robert Pires as a coach for £30p/w. Decent stats but I just had to sign him for sentimental values!

I've managed to squeeze 6500k/pw as Blyth, gave up on the Corby dream.

Albeit I've only got around 1k to play with as the rest is being spent already on players. An interesting thing, for me as an Arsenal fan is I've signed Robert Pires as a coach for £30p/w. Decent stats but I just had to sign him for sentimental values!

how did you get a coach to sign for that amount, standard for me seemed to be about £130-160 p/w. Perhaps Blyth's rep is higher, players and coaches always sign for less if the rep is higher.

My scout keeps starting expensive assignments around UK and Ireland with no conditions without me asking, any one else having this problem?

Well still going well.

After 17 games, im 3rd with 34 points.

Leads me to believe that at least i will still be in a job next season.

Just hope we can push on for the rest of the season. Already 900 pound over my wage budget so no more signings in January unless i get rid of some of our less then stellar performers.

PS: Really enjoying FM14 just feels more fluid, and smoother than 13. And somehow faster on the same laptop i was using for 13.

how did you get a coach to sign for that amount, standard for me seemed to be about £130-160 p/w. Perhaps Blyth's rep is higher, players and coaches always sign for less if the rep is higher.

Yeah I've got another coach on £25p/w too but all the other scouts/coaches and YOUTH players are asking silly money. I've tried to sign 15 year olds and they want 200-300p/w some of them, it's ridiculous, had that problem on last years edition but not too this extent!

BadgeDulwich_Hamlet.png

Dulwich Hamlet - Skrill South - 2015/16

For me this was a extremely frustrating season. We started nicely and we were in and around the playoffs up until week 15. at this stage we decided we wouldnt win a game for another 10 games. We then found ourselves sitting just 3 points above the relegation zone and I was fearing the worst. Thankfully we found our form at the end and jumped back up to 8th position. We finished only 5 points off the playoffs and in my opinion if we didnt have that terrible run we would have comfortably reached the playoffs.

League Table

Past Positions[/url]

Cups - FA Cup was rubbish. Knocked out in the first game. FA Trophy we mafe the 2nd round where we lost 5-2 to AFC Wimbledon. This started our downturn in form.

Squad - I'm happy with the squad. Needs a few more reinforcements. Especially in goal.

Finances - Meh.

Key Player Profiles:

Bobby Traynor - Not as good as last season but 36 goals in 46 is still a exceptional return.

Robin Nicholls - 6 goals and 10 assists from central midfield.

Hopefully next season we can really push on from this season. Avoid the mid season slump and maybe we can get into the playoffs.

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15         Skrill South                14th              Survival
2015/16         Skrill South                8th                  

[TABLE=class: cms_table]

[TR]

[TD]Team[/TD]

[TD]Chance of Showing[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]FC United[/TD]

[TD]56%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Cambridge City[/TD]

[TD]47%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Lowestoft[/TD]

[TD]47%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]St Albans[/TD]

[TD]47%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Wealdstone[/TD]

[TD]32%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Chorley[/TD]

[TD]29%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Bury[/TD]

[TD]29%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Rushall[/TD]

[TD]24%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Billericay[/TD]

[TD]24%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]AFC Fylde[/TD]

[TD]21%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Weymouth[/TD]

[TD]18%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Corby[/TD]

[TD]18%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Hampton & Richmond[/TD]

[TD]15%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Witton[/TD]

[TD]15%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Redditch[/TD]

[TD]15%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Buxton[/TD]

[TD]9%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Margate[/TD]

[TD]9%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Worksop[/TD]

[TD]9%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Ashton[/TD]

[TD]6%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Lewes[/TD]

[TD]6%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Chippenham[/TD]

[TD]6%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Whitby[/TD]

[TD]6%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Kings Lynn[/TD]

[TD]6%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Bognor[/TD]

[TD]6%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Marine[/TD]

[TD]3%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]St Neots[/TD]

[TD]3%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Blyth[/TD]

[TD]3%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Nantwich[/TD]

[TD]3%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Bedford[/TD]

[TD]3%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Hitchin[/TD]

[TD]3%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Canvey Island[/TD]

[TD]3%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Hinckley[/TD]

[TD]3%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Chesham[/TD]

[TD]3%[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

A few hours reloading got these figures. You can make the assumption that if they are not listed then you can safely say that they will be at best around the 3% mark.

I've seen Chesham, Canvey Island, Marine and St Neots a few times this past hour... Nothing on Enfield Town though. I will not give up though! Took me 8 hours last year...

I got what appears to be a large wage budget of £8.5k at Bury.

It has made signing folk easier but there's a couple of high paid reserve players who I can't get rid of. Anyone else finding the board blocks even mutual terminations on high wage players?

Archived