dafuge's FM14 challenge

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Loaning players from a parent club is allowed, but a lot of people choose to avoid it.

I continually get nothing when going for a parent club despite there being 3/4 within 30 miles of my team. Managed to stay up first season. Will put my report up tonight. Struggle to get anyone in on loan the most common reason is that they want their players to play with higher quality players.

Anyone else get many loan players in? Have around £1k left in the second season. Need 3/4 players, all versatile. Have youth players to come in as well for back-up if need be.

Barwell Season 2016/17

Overview – We changed the system, playing a long ball technique as the pit pitch at our stadium was a mess and the players liked that system and it seemed to work. We had good runs in both the FA Cup and FA Trophy, hoping to play some football next season.

Transfers http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a521/jezmaguire/TransfersSeason2_zpseae2df7b.png

The League – A very good and surprising season, never in the top 2, and drew a lot of games as we seem to find goalscoring a problem, but still managed to finish 4th

Table – http://s1282.photobucket.com/user/jezmaguire/media/Table_zps257bbbd8.png.html?sort=3&o=2

Play off Semi 1st leg http://s1282.photobucket.com/user/jezmaguire/media/PlayoffSemiLeg1_zpsbca7c97b.png.html?sort=3&o=3

Play off Semi 2nd leg http://s1282.photobucket.com/user/jezmaguire/media/PlayoffSemiLeg2_zpsa34d4a70.png.html?sort=3&o=2

FA Cup – had a very simple run to second round where we met Oldham Athletic and beat them, Swansea City at Home in the £rd Round and and yet agin the game was on TV and seriously helped the finances, also gave them a bit of a game.

FA Cup Run – http://s1282.photobucket.com/user/jezmaguire/media/FACupRun_zps171ce180.png.html?sort=3&o=1

FA Trophy – A very good run in this competition, made it all the way to the Semi-final where we lost the tie to Luton Town, who won the trophy.

FA Trophy Run- http://s1282.photobucket.com/user/jezmaguire/media/FATrophyRun_zpsb917b858.png.html?sort=3&o=0

Finances – Were seriously helped by the Cup runs, hoping to get more people through the gate next season by playing a better quality football, hopefully another cup run will help as well

Finances http://s1282.photobucket.com/user/jezmaguire/media/Finances_zps737a59db.png.html?sort=3&o=1

Squad – Happy with what they achieved this season, but need to overhaul, some of the players in the squad are simply not good enough especially up front, where goals has always been a problem, also need width as none there in quality and some over paid players.

Squad http://s1282.photobucket.com/user/jezmaguire/media/Squad_zpsfdec8e36.png.html?sort=3&o=3

Next season aims – Certainly need to ask the board to lay a new pitch, and add some better width and a goalscorer, refreshing members of the squad and clearing out deadwood. Major concern this season is also that we are failing to get any decent youngsters.

150px-Cifc-crest.png

Canvey Island - Skrill South - 2014/15

Fixtures (1) (2) - League Table - Transfers

At the start of the season we were instructed to just avoid relegation, which I agreed with. I saw no point in us trying to go for anything more that could affect us in the long term with us not being able to get a good squad in. I was handed a budget of £4.5k which I felt a reasonable amount. After getting rid of some of the players who came up with the team and bringing in some who I felt added something I had a squad ready. Some players bizarrely stayed with us throughout the season without asking for a new contract which meant that we were paying them £0 in wages, which helped. The loan market was quite small with only a few players available, something that annoyed me as I thought we'd be able to attract a wider range of players. One of those players, Jason Bouable became our star player ending up with over 20 goals which included a 5 goal game near the end of the season. Overall though I'm fairly happy with my season. We managed to get a short way in the Cup but sadly didn't go far in the FA Trophy. On the one hand that did help as it reduced the congestion.

Key Players:

Nick Hague - A key player in the center of midfield. He really improved from when I bought him and it showed as he became our star midfielder. I signed him to a new deal towards the end of the season.The only downside to his play was his aggressive nature. He appeared to pick up a lot of cards and was suspended a few times.

Jason Bouable - Our star striker. His biggest game was a 5 goals performance near the end of the season. He dragged us through some games and I've signed him for next season on a free transfer. I hope he can replicate his form.

Arran Nurse - Our star youth player. He stepped up when it mattered at times and was a real bargin. Improved slightly over the season and finished with 6 goals. Will hopefully be the full time AMR next season.

Youth Intake

Paul Badham - Our best player from the youth bunch. We have two other youth players in Vincent Hategerimya and Kaan Tillson. Both of whom came through during the season after I bought them. Both have promising futures and I'll look to give them more game time over this season to ensure they fulfill their ability.

Canvey Island
Season        League      POS        FA CUP     LGE CUP     EUROPA       CL

2014-15        SS         10th        4th.QUAL         N/A          N/A             N/A

FC United FC_United.png

My first ever season with FC United is great im having so much fun !!!

Season Recap up to now-

Ok getting into the deciding part of the season Ive just come of 2 of the best results of the season and my team is playing brilliantly, I outplayed and managed to beat AFC Telford Who are 1st and Worcester who are 2nd..

I went on a nice 8 unbeaten streak in the middle of the season but managed to draw 4 against middle class teams which i should be beating.

I then lost my streak too Bradford Park avenue where i was outclassed and outplayed it was hard to watch me get destroyed, even though i lost 1-0 to BPA that result doesnt reflect how much i got destroyed hahah.

I am now coming towards the ending of the season and hoping i can win the title and push on up the leagues . Would be a great achievement for me getting promoted in my first season on my first year of of the game

Will post final results :)

League Table - http://gyazo.com/23baf9e56ae159b13b986824d25fdeca

Match Results - http://gyazo.com/d89bbb1c60381c31ffe6194647cd9571

AFC Fylde – Skrill North 2015/16 – Season 2

After losing the Playoff Final last year the board were expecting us to reach the playoffs again though with £2K less a week wage budget, the media predicted we'd finish 4th one position worse than last season, with the bookies making us joint favourites with three other sides.

Transfers - Another cheap but busy season, as I went about replacing the various squad players I couldn't renew contracts on with cheaper and hopefully better players.

FA Trophy - Awful as my second string despite dominating both games somehow went out on pens.

FA Cup - We made a good start beating Barrow and Nantwich before crashing out to Telford who again beat us on pens, and make matters worse this was the same week as the Trophy defeat :(

Skrill North - We made a poor start in the league as we just lacked any kind of consistency, however after updating to the current build we won six of our last seven games to come within a whisker of the title - with three games left we were sat in 4th having secured at least a playoff spot with Bury and Halifax ahead of us by one point and an out of form Macclesfield top by six points, next up were bottom side Worksop where we fell to pieces after winning the last four games without conceeding we managed to throw away a 2-0 lead and needed a late goal to claim a 4-4 draw, and to make matters worse Macclesfield's poor form continued as they lost to Colwyn Bay whilst Bury and Halifax both claimed easy wins putting them both three points ahead of me and three behind Macclesfield with two games left. In game 41 we just about beat midtable Hyde (who were one of the bookies favourties at the start of the season) despite having Midfielder McNair sent off in the first half, elsewhere Macclesfield lost a five goal thriller to FC United, Bury lost to Histon and Halifax could only draw to Boston (with a player being sent off for each team in both matches) - this left just three points and eight goals between the four of us going into the last day.

The Final day matches saw each of us play lower-half teams with all of us apart from Macclesfield playing away, and by halftime the table was as you were as we were all winning, but in the second half the tide started to turn Bury lost to Colwyn Bay after throwing away a 2-0 and 3-2 lead, whilst Macclesfield conceeding a last minute goal which gifted the title to Halifax by one goal who thrashed Worksop 6-0 (if we'd done that the title would have been ours :() which made our 3-0 win over Gainsborough moot.

Playoff Semi-Final drew us against Bury and despite a woeful performance we managed to escape with a 0-0 draw, going into the second leg I was forced to give my best centre-back Dalley an injection to get him through the game and it paid off as a solid defensive performance helped us on our way to a 1-0 win.

Playoff Final no surprise as we drew Macclesfield, though we'd have to do it without my best Centre-Back Dalley, so McNair dropped back into defence and a fine performance saw us snatch victory and promotion with a last minute goal from on-loan Striker Ben Clark :) which cruely cost the Macclesfield manager his job.

Squad, Overview - Slight tactical switch this season as I moved my Wingers into the AMRL positions and switched them to a support duty, which allowed them to support my Striker better and not launch as many long range shots.

GK - Ben Hinchliffe continued in goal but had a mixed season and I'm not sure if he's going to be good enough for the Prem, rotating with him was Jason Alexander who showed glimpses of his League 2 potential, though after getting injured he lost his place to Hinchliffe (the fact that I have to give him a £40 pay rise if he plays another game was also a factor)

RB - Sam Minihan had another fine season it also helps that he takes my corners and free-kicks and he's also learned how to score pens.

CB - Experienced Centre-back Kyle May started the season well but lost his place in the second half as youngster Jonathan Raby was given a chance after he'd started to develop and my staff now reckon he has League Two Potential.

CB - Partnering them was Welshman Declan Dalley who was a rock, though he does struggle to finish matches sometimes.

LB - Jeff Aspin was a near ever-present on the left, largely due to a lack of options and had an ok season though he no longer seems to be rated by my coaches.

DM - Was taken up by two promising youngsters Sam Putterill and Ashley Brady, though neither really impressed and though my staff rave about Brady I just cannot get him to play well.

CM - DLP - Junior Konadu had another fine season in the centre with a match winning performance in the Playoff Final.

CM - BBM - Patrick McNair again ran the show in the middle with Konadu.

AMR - Highly rated youngster Dylan Stringer-Moth was in fine form on the right wing after being snatched up after Wolves released him and has a Championship potential, though his low CA (decent Skrill North) maybe a worry next season.

AML - Danny Lloyd had a mixed season on the left, the move forward made him more of a goal threat, though he was more greedy hence his lower assists and I don't think I'll be renewing his contract. Providing cover was youngster Greg Skelton who put in some good performances on either wing.

ST - Upront I bosltered my Strike Force by snatching up another ex-Man Utd youth player bringing in the highly rated Ashley Fletcher who broke my wage budget with his bonuses and to be honest I was expecting more from him, thankfully loanee Ben Clark made up scoring nearly a goal a game including the goal that sent us up, though his stats don't tell the full story as 16 of his goals came in just seven games (5 doubles and 2 hat-tricks).

Best XI - Spot on Role wise, though I'd pick Putterill ahead of Brady in the DM spot.

Overall XI - Brady, Blinkhorn and Hankin are the one season players who get in, whilst the worst player Aspin has the most appearances for the club with 85, though Keeper Hinchliffe is the record holder thanks to real life appearances.

Finances - Continued to get worse as whilst I cut costs where possible, interest payments killed us as did a drop in income as we earned £40K less from matches as our average attendance dropped from 19% (571) to 15% (464). And to make matters worse the board have taken out another loan to pay for an another pointless but enforced expansion :(

Manager Profile - No real changes this season, though I did play my 100th game which turned out to be the 4-4 costly thriller with Worksop.

So the plan for next season is to somehow stay up, sign my better players on new contracts and get out of debt, it also looks like there are no loan restrictions in your match squad in the Skrill Prem so I think it's back to my old method of loaning in a team.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements                  
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15        Skrill North             3rd        Playoff Finalists                 
2015/16        Skrill North             3rd        Playoff Winners - Promoted!                 

PooleTownFC.png

After getting the sack from Dulwich Hamlet on Saturday I have been reloading ever since looking for Poole. After reloading all Saturday afternoon, all day Sunday and for almost 4 hours tonight I can finally begin with Poole Town.

I admire your persistance :D. Hope you do well with them

Well the Skrill Premier is going to be hard, I am down to 10 players (plus two loanees) at the club :(

Nobody seemed interested in signing a new contract I lost Keeper Alexander to League One Bury on a free, Minihan joined fellow Skrill Prem side Aldershot though they did have to pay £10K compensation (not sure why I got compensation for him but nobody else?) which is a new record sale, whilst Hinchliffe, Dalley and Brady all decided to leave on free's I couldn't even get some of my youngsters to sign new contracts.

I'm also struggling to find players to loan in who are even Decent Skrill Premier quality, it doesn't help that even with promotion our reputation is still worse than 16 of the 44 Skrill North/South sides.

Well the Skrill Premier is going to be hard, I am down to 10 players (plus two loanees) at the club :(

Nobody seemed interested in signing a new contract I lost Keeper Alexander to League One Bury on a free, Minihan joined fellow Skrill Prem side Aldershot though they did have to pay £10K compensation (not sure why I got compensation for him but nobody else?) which is a new record sale, whilst Hinchliffe, Dalley and Brady all decided to leave on free's I couldn't even get some of my youngsters to sign new contracts.

I'm also struggling to find players to loan in who are even Decent Skrill Premier quality, it doesn't help that even with promotion our reputation is still worse than 16 of the 44 Skrill North/South sides.

haha same mate. Really strugglinh

4.1/week to play against Pro teams isnt on

to the people who managed to get up to the Skrill premier so far, what kind of formations/ tactics are you using?

Am using 4 - 2DM - 2MR/L - 2SC, short passing, play out of defense, use tighter marking. - attacking mentality and fluid.

Dulwich Hamlet 2013/14 end of season review

Table | Squad List | Transfers | Tactics | Finances

The board instructed me to avoid relegation for our first season so i decided to try a tactic that would give us numbers at the back but also when we broke we went as a unit after a pre season playing 10 nearby teams my team looked set to go! Had a great start to the season which left us in the top half. We carried on our good form into the second half of the season and after a fantastic last 16 games where we won 11 and drew 3 we managed to finish as champions by beating already relegated Boreham Wood 2-1 on the last day pipping Braintree to the title by just one point!

Top Goalscorer - Marcel Henry-Francis

Key Players- Erhun Aksel Oztumer & Joe Obersteller

Is this since the latest patch, as i'm halfway through the first season and finding not one player is interested in contract talks. I could end up with no players

Was Minihan under the age of 24?

I'm finding those who are marked as not interested now won't even listen to a contract offer. Before the patch I could chuck a load of money at them and potentially turn their head by offering over the odds, but now they just tell me they're not interested. Something's definitely been tweaked which impacts on the lower leagues.

Am running up to the end of the first season and hoping this doesn't **** up my pre-season.

The Mrs is going to murder me, but am going to start this tonight. I've already done a season on the Beta with Staines, so reckon I've figured my way round the game. Going to be a close call on who I choose between AFC Fylde (home town team) or Dulwich Hamlet (nearest to where I live and have a cool name)

I noticed the same thing on my non-challenge game with Staines. Ended up losing 90% of my first team and staff at the end of the first season.

Sounds a bit game breaking, hope thats not the case.

At least its easier to sign decent staff, put an advert for u18 manager up, had Owen Hargreaves, Clarke Carlisle and Mido apply. All had good stats, hargreaves has bumped my scouting knowledge up to 8% :).

Useless i know since i can only scout England.

Sounds a bit game breaking, hope thats not the case.

At least its easier to sign decent staff, put an advert for u18 manager up, had Owen Hargreaves, Clarke Carlisle and Mido apply. All had good stats, hargreaves has bumped my scouting knowledge up to 8% :).

Useless i know since i can only scout England.

It was a pain, especially as my assistant manager was one of them, so I couldn't filter out unrealistic target from the player search, made it very labour intensive.

I went back to an earlier save to try and get players to sign longer than 1 year but they wouldn't. Hoping it won't happen every season. while I'm in non league. Will see how it goes with the challenge though

Buxton Season Summary 2020/21

sx0u.jpg

League 2

Final Position 6th

An exciting end to the season, where teams 6-14 had a chance to reach the final playoff spot. Luckily for puny Buxton, they drew the longest straw and reached the promised land. Never before that I can recall in any FM game, has the table been that close.

The semi finals had us play Bradford. With a 3-2 home win and 3-3 away, we progressed to the finals, where Dag & Red awaited. In front of a 51.758 attendance, they witnessed Buxton win 3-2 in extra time. The game could rightfully have been finished with us wining 2-1, but a goal in the 87th minute, had us go to extra time. Looking at statistics, we were completely in charge of that game.

Last season personal favourite Les Jenkins, would renegotiate his contract, but board wouldn't allow the extra wages to do so. Managed to sell him to L1 gillingham with a 20% sell clause. It was the better option, compared to release him.

The cups were pretty good. In the League cup we had a 3-2 win away vs Leeds. In the second round we lost on penalties to Southampton, also away.

In the JPT we reached the semi finals, before Accrington decided they wanted to be the better team.

The FA Cups hosted the best game of the season, with a 3-0 home win in the 3rd round vs Derby. 4th round saw us humiliated 5-2 away to Cardiff.

Had some new signings this season that i believe in and hope can take on the challenge of L1.

GK - Michael O'Boyle (previously Shelbourne) Looks like he can become a great player, despite all the goals conceded this season.

DC - Des Shaw (previously Leeds) His 3rd season with us and the first season he has gotten this much play time, but he progresses well. (currently negoating contract renewal with him)

DC - Lewis Probert (previously Gatehead) Has been solid in defense, and has played backup FB. Happy with this guy.

ML - Dean Kane (previously Fulham) Plays better that his stats are showing, especially on the assist department, with 16 assist and 9 goals in 34 games.

MR - James Murphy (previously St. Pats Athletic) Signed him for winger, but he has mostly played attacker. Played a solid season.

MR - Tony Digby (previously Leeds) Used all over midfield, also as DM in my formation. This one is my personal pick of the season. Decent stats, but many goals and assists from him.

SC - Luke Fisher (previously Crewe) Was able to sign him, after selling Les Jenkins. 9 goals in 17 games, have high hopes for him next season.

Next season will be interesting. In general I am happy with the squad, though could definately use a DC (or DL) and 1 or 2 DM, rest of the positions I am happy with.

Year        	League       	Position     	Promotions	Cups/Achievements
2014/15		Skrill N	5th		None		None
2015/16		Skrill N	2nd		Yes!		Playoff final
2016/17		Skrill P	16th		None		None
2017/18		Skrill P	8th		None		None
2018/19		Skrill P	1st		Yes!		FAT finalist
2019/20		L2		18th		None		None
2020/21		L2		6th		Yes!		Playoff final

As a relative newcomer to the FM series (started with FM 2012), I figure it's probably a good time to throw in with the community that has been invaluable in my learning to appreciate both this game and international football on the whole.

After waking up from a week-long blackout during the final leg of his English holiday, American tourist, Dale Coleman, found himself with a splitting headache, and a new gig as the manager of recently promoted Rushall Olympic. Mr. Coleman requested a big glass of water, as he fumbled with his phone, apparently scouring Google maps to find out exactly where he was. Confident he had already lost his job in the States, and severely limited in his future career prospects, this US expat has decided to have a go at managing his new-found West Midlands club.

When reached for comment, Mr. Coleman was quoted as saying, "Onward, Rushall, to European glory!" He then added, "But first, another glass of water, please."

to the people who managed to get up to the Skrill premier so far, what kind of formations/ tactics are you using?

A nice and simple 4-4-2. Full-backs supporting, one centre-back covering. Wide midfielders, a defensive ball winner and a supporting deep lying playmaker. Up-front a creative trequartista and an advanced forward which seems to work particularly well. Counter attacking mentality and balanced fluidity.

Short passing, hassle opponents, drill crosses and run at defence.

The strikers are really the focus, creating the chances between themselves, everyone else is set up to support them and cover.

I'm about to go up. I'm using a version of Braumiller's strikerless formation from 2013 (check the tactics forums). Creative AMC, two fast AMCs either side of him. Fast tempo, get the ball forward quickly on the counter, with two fit, mobile, strong, central midfield ball winners. Gone really well for me (one defeat).

Use your wage budget on 7-8 good players, then loan in another 5 to fill the gaps. Prioritise goal scoring rather than stopping.

Sounds a bit game breaking, hope thats not the case. At least its easier to sign decent staff, put an advert for u18 manager up, had Owen Hargreaves, Clarke Carlisle and Mido apply. All had good stats, hargreaves has bumped my scouting knowledge up to 8% :). Useless i know since i can only scout England.
I had this at the start of the first season and could only sign regional league quality players :(. Nvm, seasons going well

Has anybody else seen the rating for fullbacks drop massively since the new update?

yes looks like an issue. mine have gone from averaging about 7.1 over the first 10 games to never getting over 6.6 over the next 20, i end up subbing them as they are usually about 5.4

Archived