dafuge's FM14 challenge

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just seen a thread in the main forum about teams more than 1 league below the starting league being promoted, ie istmian south/north level etc . Just wondered if anyone a few seasons in has seen anything like this?

Started a game late last night so sorry for a crappy introduction, a 26 year old Female American taking over King's Lynn! :) It was just me and the Chairman when I arrived, the only other coach on staff contract expired shortly after I was hired. I made some pretty decent staff signings which I'm happy about. A long pre-season, most of it spent trying to find players to sign, ended and the season finally began. We've managed to win our first 2 games, and score 3 goals in each. A bit surprising to be honest, but very proud of my team. Hopefully the good form continues, the early results can certainly help down the road.

I'll do a new report soon, but came 2nd in the first season as Truro. Lost in the play-off finals on penalties. Not many of my squad will sign contracts but hey, not a bad first season

43-yr old Scotsman John Brogan is the proud new manager of Lowestoft Town

broganlowestoft_zps41e1b24d.jpg

Started the season with what looked like seven players in the senior squad, however, popped into the U-21 squad, which had around 20 players - None of which were U-21, so I've had to swap them all over to the main squad, meaning I have a first team squad of 29 players, and no U-21s. Think I'll be spending the first few days getting rid of some deadwood!

More from the sleepy Suffolk countryside later...

I will not let this challenge beat me.

I've restarted twice now, after disastourous starts with AFC Fylde. I think I need to take a more considered approach to squad building. If only I can get to Christmas not rock bottom with a defence that makes a sive look watertight.

4th time lucky, think the Mrs is getting a bit worried about my stress levels!!

Nice one. Good luck with Billericay.

Thanks mate! I wanted Stourbridge as they are my local team, but I know how long it would take to get them, if I ever could!

Just played my first friendly against rivals Canvey Island and scored a comfortable win! Lets hope my ambitious 4-2-4 formation holds out this season!!!

I will not let this challenge beat me.

I've restarted twice now, after disastourous starts with AFC Fylde. I think I need to take a more considered approach to squad building. If only I can get to Christmas not rock bottom with a defence that makes a sive look watertight.

4th time lucky, think the Mrs is getting a bit worried about my stress levels!!

My missus is already annoyed... she had to explain to me "I don't care if Darren Cole looks like a good prospect for the future... I'm trying to watch X-Factor"

Is this right? It's the 12th July, two days from my first pre-season friendly, and the entire squad is still on holiday, including all my new signings?

EDIT - Forget that, they're back the next time I hit continue - A bit late back though I'd have thought.

Tiny squad to begin with, as said though, alot in the U21 Squad!

Just wait till you feel that sinking feeling when you realise your two best players have signed pre-contracts and leave on the 1st July! (I assume it'll be the same players as mine)

Is this right? It's the 12th July, two days from my first pre-season friendly, and the entire squad is still on holiday, including all my new signings?

EDIT - Forget that, they're back the next time I hit continue - A bit late back though I'd have thought.

You get to pick the recall date next season :cool:

AFC Fylde – Skrill Premier 2016/17 – Season 3

So after winning promotion last season the expectations were to consolidate in the Skrill Premier this season, with the media predicting we'd just about survive in 20th place, whilst Welsh Defender Declan Dalley becomes the first player in history to be liked by the fylde fans shame it wasn't enough to get him to stay. The bookies gave us odds of 33-1 which is better than expected (a sign of a tight league?)

Reputation - Promotion boosts us up from half a star to one full star, however our reputation is the lowest in the league and is beaten by 15 North/South sides.

Transfers - Promotion wasn't enough to keep hold of star players Dalley, Alexander or Minihan who left with a ton of other players and were replaced by the next batch of freebies and a couple of loan players.

FA Cup - no repeat of last years run as we were dumped out in the first game by non-league Ilkeston, though we did start in the Fourth Qualifying Round which is the furthest we'd previously made it.

FA Trophy - We again made it to the Fourth Round (we really don't like the fourth round having been knocked out at that stage in four of the six cup exits), though we made it hard against smaller sides before losing to Morecambe in a replay which was annoying as we fought hard to earn the replay but then didn't turn up in it, though the run did earn us £18K in prize money.

Skrill Premier - An excellent end to the season as we finished 13th just 13 points from the playoffs and 15 points from relegation. The season started well with two wins and a draw in our opening three games, however things started to fall apart as we had a run of Sat-Tues games we couldn't cope with and in our next 17 games we only won two, drew five and lost the other 10 as we fell down the table, however a change in formation from my fluid 4-3-3 to a rigid 4-3-3 but with 3CM's rather than a DM (as I didn't really have one) as we claimed five wins in six games taking us into the new year a few points outside of the relegation zone, though in the new year our form again faltered as we only claimed two wins in our next 11 games with six of them ending in draws as we struggled to score ending in a defeat to Wimbledon with McNair sent off I'd need a new formation for the next game, so I switch to 4-4-2 and with a bit of experimenting settled on a rigid standard formation, with the team told to drop down as we were scoring goals but without the extra man in the middle we were conceeding more, I also started to go for broke changing to Overload in the last 10 minutes in we were losing and it brought us draws again Bristol Rovers (two goals in the last five minutes to claim a 3-3 draw), Whitehawk (2 goals for me, but one for Whitehawk saw the game end 2-2) and Nuneaton as we ended the season unbeaten in nine games with five wins and four draws.

By the end of the season thanks to Halifax's poor season we were no longer had the lowest reputation in the Skrill Premier

Squad, Overview and Best XI

GK - Dharius Brooke was brought in after being released by Bury (which is fitting considering they poached Alexander from me) and he had an excellent season singlehandely keeping us in several matches, however he now feels he is better than the club and has attracted attention from Scotland :(

RB - Brian Watkins was loaned from Burnley and had a solid season even popping up with a few assists and I'll be doing my best to try to get him back next season.

DC - Jonathan Raby stepped up this season and was a rock at the back ensuring we didn't miss Dalley, though he has now also outgrown the club and is attracting the attention of League 2 sides, partnering him was another Burnley loanee Eddie Kissock who despite his tender age had a good season and is another player I'll try and get back next season.

LB - Was a problem position Carl Weaver (who'd been released by Bradford) started the season but had an awful time so I signed Shane Grimes to try and steady the position and he did better though not great until I changed to 4-4-2 (it's possible that the fullback ratings are more affected by a bad tactic than other positions?)

RM/AMR - Dylan Stringer-Moth was again given the chance down the right and he started brighlty, but missed two months of the season due to injury in the new year that he hasn't fully recovered from yet, covering him was youngster Jeffrey Finch who'd been released by Tranmere but I'm not sure he's really good enough to keep around.

MC - Star Player was Jack Hawkins who was loaned in from Mansfield who had a solid season and proved to be a solid partner for Patrick McNair who more was expected of to be honest (he also won't sign a new contract), providing cover was Junior Konadu however he isn't really good enough for a two man midfield neither is Sam Putterill and both are likely to leave if I can find better replacements.

LM/AML - Greg Skelton had a fine season on the left (and has even started to work on his left foot), though he spent a bit of it down the right provding cover, providing backup was Mike Onslow who'd been released by Sheff Wed and showed enough to earn a new contract.

ST - Ashley Fletcher again led the line and did well considering he was on his own most of the time, providing and his partner in the two man attack was Michael Gash who arrived after Kidderminster released him and he did well though he didn't really work as a lone striker, providing cover was Marc Guthrie who arrived in Jan after being released by Barrow and with a leading Championship potential I'm hoping he'll take over from Fletcher next season though he didn't have the best of times when starting matches as all his goals came from the subs bench, he also has a weird collection of alternative positions; DM, MR, AML?

Overall XI - Midfielders Skelton and Hawkins are inducted into the Overall XI.

Manager - Formation is a little messed up as I went through several formations this season (used 4-4-1-1 and 3-5-2 at a few points), and I was also offered my first job interview with Salisbury, offers were also received from Tamworth and Dover at the end of the season all sides who finished below us.

Finances continue to get worse as despite promotion we managed to lose the same amount of money as last season, the problem was even with extra matches we made less money this season from matches, whilst the TV money in the Prem was lower than the North, even £62K league prize money didn't help. The loan and interest payments are what are killing us at the moment. Our average attendance dropping each season isn't helping either as it dropped to a new low of 489 in the Premier.

Finishing mid-table was an achievment considering our salary costs to the rest of the league, though at least whitehawk are in the same position.

Oh and the board still don't see the point in getting a Parent Club :(

Goals for next season

- Survive

- Rebuild the squad as it doesn't look like I'll be renewing any expiring contracts not helped by the board reducing my wage budget by £1K p/w and refusing to let me release players who's contracts are expiring to free up some money, or giving me the money freed up by players who have already agreed to sign elsewhere or are set for release :(

- Somehow get out of debt, it seems the only way to do that is to hope for a good FA Cup run and to getting drawn against a big side.

New for this season (hasn't popped up before):

Leaderboard points (FM Mode)

Single Game: 27,370 (115,086th)

Single Season: 20,675 (122,992th)

Single Season in England: 20,675 (78,386th)

Single Season Skrill Premier: 20,675 (834th) Top 1,000 :cool:

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements                  Leaderboard Points (Season/Game)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15        Skrill North             3rd        Playoff Finalists                 
2015/16        Skrill North             3rd        Playoff Winners - Promoted!                 
2016/17        Skrill Premier           13th                                                    20,675 / 27,370

Just wait till you feel that sinking feeling when you realise your two best players have signed pre-contracts and leave on the 1st July! (I assume it'll be the same players as mine)

Yeah, lost like most of my players through releasing them and not accepting contracts. Kept Erkan OKAY though who I feel will be key along with Jack DEFTY

I'm having a hard time with Met Police. I've lost all but three players after the first season and players are signing for clubs that are well below conference north/south and won't even let me offer a deal. In addition, no one wants to go to me on loan from anyone. Very odd. I can literally find no one to sign.

Here's the Grays Athletic kits. The sponsor logo on the away kit isn't great, as I could only find crappy pictures of it. I'm really not happy with the away kit, but that's the best I could do with the images I found.

qQoqTA1.pngY3KMeRk.png

Wow thanks. You are king :D

How did you make them ?

Is everyone else having the problem of scouts only finding players who would be decent/ good signing if you were in the division below. I'm constantly getting players who would be good signings for Regional Division sides. Only had a couple that say they would be good for the Skril North. Is that because of the reputation the club has in the first season?

Is everyone else having the problem of scouts only finding players who would be decent/ good signing if you were in the division below. I'm constantly getting players who would be good signings for Regional Division sides. Only had a couple that say they would be good for the Skril North. Is that because of the reputation the club has in the first season?

It's not just a problem in the Skrill regionals. I'm in the Premier with @EnfieldTown_FC and my scouts are still pretty much only finding Tier 7 quality players.

I'm a bit lucky in that one of my main strikers, Frannie Collin had already agreed to join before I took over, and the scout report says he's good enough for the Skrill Premier. Most of the first team players my scouts found though were good enough for this division. Currently, I have reports on 853 players across my two scouts. And I've got no other countries players' loaded up.

EDIT - Although having looked at my scout's highest recommended player, it does say he would be a 'decent' signing for the regional clubs, despite having 4-star CA. The star ratings can be very misleading at times!

I wouldn't mind but my scouts both have judging player ability and potential of around the 15 mark. Maybe I'll just have to hope they play above their current ability and reach their potential quickly. I wish there was an option where you could ask your scouts to only find players who are good enough for the division you are in.

Weymouth FC - 2014/15

Skrill South

gyKnrJL.gif

Club Information | Confidence | Finances | Squad | Transfers

Awards

Manager of the Month - January | Overacheiver

General Comments

So I finally had a good season. I managed to spend the majority of my time in and around the top 5, and had some really good winning streaks. I won Manager of the Month for January, and my striker Ross Wring was constantly winning praise and scoring goals (as well as his partner in crime, Kieran Sanders). I made it to the play-offs, and beat Chemlsford in a 7-6 penalty shootout after drawing 3-3 on aggregate over the two legs.

The play-off final was heartbreaking. I was up 2-1, only to have Dover equalize in the very last second of the 4th minute of added-time. My team gave up and let 2 more goals in during extra-time and that was that.

League Results

League Table | Position Graph

Cup Results

FA Cup Fixtures | FA Trophy Fixtures

My Top 3 Players

Ross Wring (top goalscorer, fan's player of the year & shortlisted for player of the season) | http://i.imgur.com/XWufyDc.png | Dwane Lee

Most Promising Youth Prospect

Ross King: Nothing too special, but he will probably be in and around my 1st team next season.

Aims For Next Season

I didn't expect to get this far in my first season, but it was a damn shame to get so close to promotion. I'm confident next year that I'll be able to challenge for promotion again. I'm hoping to hold onto my favourite players, and then replace the weaker players with something more useful. Dwane Lee was one of my top 3, but he was fairly rubbish for the role I wanted him to fill. I'm hoping to get a better Advanced Playmaker next season, as well as a pacey poacher. I also want to find some full backs that can cross and aren't old enough to be my dad.

Career Overview

Season      League               League Finish       Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9159073&viewfull=1#post9159073"]Initial Post[/url]
2014/15     Skrill South         5th                Lost Play-Off Final

Yeh its a problem everywhere, yet the Devs have said on the forums that the game is just harder this season :/

I wouldn't mind but my scouts both have judging player ability and potential of around the 15 mark. Maybe I'll just have to hope they play above their current ability and reach their potential quickly. I wish there was an option where you could ask your scouts to only find players who are good enough for the division you are in.

The issue isn't the scouts, the issue is that players aren't interested in joining. It's the same thing which is causing us to lose our best players at the end of the season when they won't renew contracts. For whatever reason the newly promoted clubs from regional divisions aren't attractive to players in FM14.

The issue isn't the scouts, the issue is that players aren't interested in joining. It's the same thing which is causing us to lose our best players at the end of the season when they won't renew contracts. For whatever reason the newly promoted clubs from regional divisions aren't attractive to players in FM14.

If that was the case then wouldn't it be logical that once you've spend a season or so in that division you shouldn't encounter that problem - your reputation grows so should your attractiveness to players. But that doesn't seem to be happening.

Introducing my first real attempt at this brilliant challenge

Me

Facilities

General

239_whot24ysmq.jpg

St Neots FC- Skrill North- 2014/2015

League Table

Graph

We had a really fantastic start to the season in which we recorded some fantastic results against some very good opposition. We were always a little inconsistent, winning one week by a decent scoreline against a top team, then falling apart against a lower light. In the first half of the season this didnt bother us too much as we kept in touch with the higher echelons of the league and I was thinking of a possible high finish. It was not to be. We fell apart in the second half of the season and didnt seem to be able to buy a win. All season long I had the number of 50 points in my head as being the promise land but I did not manage to reach this numbr of points and was only saved on the final day as North Ferriby also lost their last game. Our superior goal difference means we live to fight another day. Just.

Cups - this really was poor. Spennymoor were seen off after a replay before we lost to Warrington. We got knocked out by Boreham Wood in the trophy. All in all poor.

Intake - pretty good intake all round. Nice varation of positions across the board and lots of pretty gold potential stars. I am thinking that this is more a reflection on the poor standard of my current squad rather than the brilliance of the youth set up

Squad - its ok albeit very young. I along with many others struggle with only being able to attract Regional players the young players I have seem to be already out performing their ability long may this continue

Transfers - A massive change in the club as many players already here were shipped out and lots of new faces came in mainly thanks to my wonderful scouting network who really managed to find me some faces to compete at this level. Hopefully many of these players will remain at the club for a few years.

Finances - Decent enough for this level especially considering I am awful at this part of the game.

Season Stars:

Dean Rivers - Massive player for me this year still really very young but has found himself playing the position of goal scoring midfielder. He is a player I am really keen on and hopefully one that will agree to turn pro with me.

Dominic Churchill - A player who has really come into his own this year. Actually began the season as the 4th choice striker but ended the season as number two. He has worked really hard to cement a place and towards the end of the season began to score a lot. I am hoping this will continue into next year.

Luke Hinsley - far and away the best player at the club. He scored for fun this year in the matches he played. he would have scored a hell of a lot more had it not been for an injury which really bothered him all year long. Next year I will be looking for very much the same again

Career Overview

Season    League            Postion                Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/2015 Skrill North        19th                 Survival Just

Next Season

My main aim was to stay up I just about managed that so I am pleased. It is littered with some disappointment as I felt a strong start to the season promised so much more. I have just been taken over by local businessman so no investment and no threat to my job. I dont want to have a poor start to the season to give him a reason to start looking elsewhere. All in all safety again would be welcomed, although not on the last day. I dream of mid table.

I spent all weekend reloading and Dulwich didn't come up once. :(

I do have a Bashley save though - my choice is now to either a) play that or b) edit Dulwich's reputation slightly so I can actually get them to up, but making this ineligible for the challenge. I'm rather torn.

I spent all weekend reloading and Dulwich didn't come up once. :(

I do have a Bashley save though - my choice is now to either a) play that or b) edit Dulwich's reputation slightly so I can actually get them to up, but making this ineligible for the challenge. I'm rather torn.

There is a post in this thread where someone has kindly posted links to some of the low rep clubs.

Archived