• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weymouth FC - 2016/17

Skrill Premier

gyKnrJL.gif

Club Information | Confidence | Finances | Squad | Transfers

Awards

League Over-Achiever (I was expected to come 25th in a competition of 24 teams... I think they would've seen turning up as an achievement :lol:)

General Comments

The first lesson I learned is "Don't set your cup and league bonuses to low" as it will just annoy your greedy squad-members and slingshot you into the start of the season with terrible morale. That single decision of mine cursed me with bad morale for the entire season, and I'm lucky to survive. I honestly thought I was going back down to the North/South 3/4 of the way through the season. I only survived due to a late reprisal from my team, with no help from my top goalscorer who went 12 games without hitting one in (after getting a goal a game for the first 12). I guess I can't expect too much from a 17 year old. I can't say I'm surprised with how the season went, as I had trouble getting any new quality signings. I can't stop thinking about all those players who said, "NO, I DON'T WANNA PLAY FOR YOU!", before even letting me throw money at them. I had 2k/week just waiting for a prince charming to take.

League Results

League Table | Position Graph

Cup Results

FA Cup Fixtures | FA Trophy Fixtures - KO'd in Semifinals

My Top 3 Players

Ray Thorne | James Lucas | Gareth Cook

Most Promising Home-Grown Youth Prospect

Season 3 -

Gareth Cook: Gorgeous Gareth has been at my club for 3 seasons, but I only started paying him attention this year. He is my new inductee into the promising youth updates, given that this years intake was a sack of dirt. I plan to keep him in my defensive line next season.

Season 2 - Ray Thorne: Ray was dominating for the first couple of months. I couldn't stop him from scoring, but halfway through the season he just decided to stop and ended up getting quite depressed with himself. I hope he can pick himself back up for next season.

Season 1 - Ross King: He was in and around my first team all season, with a 3 month spell on the sidelines due to a torn hammy. I think he may be a bit of a dude, as he tends to get injured quite regularly.

Aims For Next Season

I am to enter mid-table obscurity next season. Hopefully consolidating my position in the Skrill Prem and gaining enough reputation to start signing some players that are above Skrill South/North standard. I'm also hoping that I manage a slightly better run in the FA Cup... the FA Trophy is not as lucrative as I hoped it would be.

Career Overview

Season      League               League Finish      Achievements               Avg. Attendance
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9159073&viewfull=1#post9159073"]Initial Post[/url]
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9164741&viewfull=1#post9164741"]2014/15[/url]     Skrill South         5th                Lost Play-Off Final        872
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9168237&viewfull=1#post9168237"]2015/16[/url]     Skrill South         1st                PROMOTED                   881
2016/17     Skrill Premier       18th               FA Trophy Semi-Final       1124

Yeah...happened to me in my 3rd qual rd of FA Cup vs Cambridge C...managed to end 2-2 and win the replay at home. Happened to another keeper a few games later...and he got yellow carded.

(I'd been booked a couple times in my career as a GK...but never a straight red...but I've seen it happen IRL too).

For those still managing in the Skrill North/South, have you noticed that the amount of goals scored in your particular league is miles higher than the other one? For example, I'm managing in the Skill North, and last season there was about six players who had scored over 25 league goals, and even the bottom teams had scored an average of almost two goals a game, whereas the Skill South had much more realistic figures. Anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?

For those still managing in the Skrill North/South, have you noticed that the amount of goals scored in your particular league is miles higher than the other one? For example, I'm managing in the Skill North, and last season there was about six players who had scored over 25 league goals, and even the bottom teams had scored an average of almost two goals a game, whereas the Skill South had much more realistic figures. Anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?

In my holiday season 2013/14, both leagues were about equal with the highest team in TSN scoring 65, and the highest scoring team in TSS scoring 63. In my first season in charge of Maidstone in 2014/15, TSS (Which I was in) did have a lot higher amount of goals per team than TSN. The highest scoring team in TSN during the 2014/15 season was AFC Telford with 59 goals. The highest scoring team in TSS that same season was Ebbsfleet with 99 goals. In fact, the only teams in TSS that season which scored less than AFC Telford were Bath and Oxford City, with 50 and 57 respectively. They were the bottom two teams. Something even more crazy in that season in TSS, is Bedford being third from bottom yet scoring 71 goals, while Bromley in 8th only scored 69. Also, in the top five of TSS that season, only one team scored less than 90 goals.

Looking at the current season 2015/16, the scoring rate stays the same the top scoring teams in both leagues will get around 80 goals each (Both average out at 82 goals).

Looking at the real life leagues from 2011/12 and 2012/13 then comparing it to my save, in the 2013/14 season of my save both top scoring teams actually scored a lot less than what they should have. In the 2014/15 season, the highest scoring team in TSS was about right, while in TSN it remained too low. In my current season, if it carries on the way it does, the highest scoring teams in both leagues will be about right.

I definitely noticed that in the Prem. Luton had a striker who scored nearly 40 goals. He had sweet stats, but that's still a lot higher than I would have expected.

Cambridge City FC - 2014/15

Skrill North

hnac.th.jpg

Club Information | Confidence | Finances | Squad | Transfers

General Comments

This year was a harsh reality into the frailties of lower league management. The season was split in two, from the good to the down right awful. The season started really poor, from the first 23 games we managed a meager 14 out of 69 points, which left us rock bottom of the league, with other teams around us getting points, it looked very bleak, however it all changed with a change of tactics my previous 4-4-2 was not working so i changed my formation to 4-5-1 and that's what i think saved us and of course Garrods goals were vital for our safety. The last 19 games where were we adopted the 4-5-1 tactic this culminated in a total of 42 points from a possible 57, which gave us a late surge up the league, ending in a respectable 11th place when the bookies nailed us on for relegation. This leaving us thinking what could of been if we had started a lot better.

League Over-Achiever (I was expected to come 22nd in a competition of 22 teams... So finishing 11th was a super achievement)

League Results

League Table | Position Graph

Cup Competitions

F.A Cup | F.A Trophy

The Fa Cup started well with two home wins but we came crashing back down to earth when we lost to Halifax, which was expected due to them being in the Skrill Prem. On the other hand we had a horrendous day at Cheshunt were we lost 5-1 in the Fa Trophy.

My Top Player

Tony Garrod

Aims For Next Season

Next Season we have to continue were we left off, we need to start better and hopefully that will lead us to a promotion chase, bearing in mind 7 of our key players don't want to sign new contracts so we might be back at square one. .

That was almost a carbon copy of my first season. 4-4-2 at first, wasn't working, changed to 4-5-1, did well, then most of my best players said cheerio at the end.

You'll be bottom of the league trying all sorts next season! :p

Sacked :( Oh well, going to try again!

That was almost a carbon copy of my first season. 4-4-2 at first, wasn't working, changed to 4-5-1, did well, then most of my best players said cheerio at the end.

You'll be bottom of the league trying all sorts next season! :p

It just doesn't make sense all of my best players went to play in leagues below or they haven't even found a club yet its so frustrating why won't they stay ???

I'm getting pretty lucky signing some of my players to extensions by starting a little early (just extended contracts of 3 of my more "decent" players in November). Still a ton that won't discuss contracts tho

I'm getting pretty lucky signing some of my players to extensions by starting a little early (just extended contracts of 3 of my more "decent" players in November). Still a ton that won't discuss contracts tho

I'm having a lot of success by finding 17 year olds that have passable stats for my league, putting them on 3 year contracts, and then playing them so much that they become more than decent for the level I'm playing at. I still have a season and a half left on my best strikers, so I'm hoping I can sell them at the end of the season (before they run away!) and start the process again.

Here's an update to my start to the second season, and first of all, here's the fixtures played so far...

p1rjCzG.jpg

A you can see it's not been, er, great. Just the one league win so far, a scrappy 1-0 win over Harrogate. Some really devastating losses in there as well, particularly the 4-goal drubbings by Histon, Worksop, and Alfreton. The FA Cup was more difficult than it should really have been too. I was 3-2 down in extra time in the replay and down to 10 men, staring defeat in the face, so just went hell for leather, and somehow managed to nick two goals. Scenes.

I've now started a new 3-5-2 tactic as deploying fullbacks is just useless in the current build of the game. Managed a 2-2 draw with Altrincham with this tactic who are a decent side, so hopefully this can propel us up the table a bit.

In terms of playing personnel, being this far into the season and still being fairly clueless about my strongest line up isn't good. Jason Hallet's done well for us. Westlake, Cochrane, and Milbourne have been ok in midfield, but our defence is still struggling. The new boys haven't settled at all. In goals, first choice Phil Barnes has has one too many mistakes and is now replaced by back up Stevie Sutton, who looks a bit more solid so far.

All that means that this is the LEAGUE TABLE

Not good then, but saveable. But we need to start scoring more goals. I may need to bring in another couple of players, and let two or three go. I've still got a bit of room on the wage budget, but the big problem is attracting any decent players. They simply don't want to sign. Annoying.

Made it to the FA Cup 3rd round again after coming back from 2-1 down to win 3-2 against Carlisle. Watching the draw and eagerly awaiting that big money away draw against a Premier League team, and I get drawn away... Against Southend. What a rubbish draw! :(

Made it to the FA Cup 3rd round again after coming back from 2-1 down to win 3-2 against Carlisle. Watching the draw and eagerly awaiting that big money away draw against a Premier League team, and I get drawn away... Against Southend. What a rubbish draw! :(

Don't you still get a fair proportion of ticket sales from away games in the FA Cup?

Excuse me? Not good enough for you are we? :p

And by the way, if I am sacked, it's because of nonsense like this. I offered this guy £300 a week, plus £100 in appearance fees and goal bonuses. He refused to sign, going to a lower league team instead on these terms...

erYJjDC.jpg

I won't be starting another challenge until at least after the next patch. :(

And by the way, if I am sacked, it's because of nonsense like this. I offered this guy £300 a week, plus £100 in appearance fees and goal bonuses. He refused to sign, going to a lower league team instead on these terms...

erYJjDC.jpg

I won't be starting another challenge until at least after the next patch. :(

It's frustrating, isn't it? Teams like FC United and Cambridge City in my save are still below TSN/TSS level, but have TSP quality squads.

That was as good as it got though, ended up losing 4-1, and that could mean only one thing

vp5YUFB.jpg

Ah well, it was a good first season. That's me done for this challenge for just now. I'll have another crack if/when the contract stuff gets fixed. Might continue this actual save though, and see if I can get a job elsewhere. Such a shame, I've enjoyed playing and posting the details on here. Massive well done to people who have had real success at this on this year's game.

Buxton Season Summary 2024/25

blkj.jpg

Championship

Final League Position 10th

A frustrating injury plagued season finally came to and end, with us sitting 10th in the table, just 3 pts outside the playoffs. Quite frustrating, as the team should be good enough to compete for atleast the playoffs, especially with the few new signings this season. Besides the constant injuries, which usually varied from 3 weeks to several months (4-5 weeks at a time was most common) A really bad home record, and a season where the opposition was quite capable of scoring in overtime. Had many games drawn or lost in the overtime, this game vs Burnley quite sums it up.

The only highlight of the season was reaching the semi finals of the FA cup, where Man Utd won 2-0, in a game they could have won with alot more, as we had nothing besides a somewhat solid defense to bring to that game. In the League Cup, we lost yet another home game to Norwich, which we really should have won..

600 games as manager!

The players worth mentioning of this season:

Pepe - GK - Purchased from Valencia's reserves. Good PRM potential, still with some random perfomances, but most were solid.

Casper Hovesen - DL - With an amazing 10.08 tck, and 82% passing he was one of the highlights of the season, his 6.83 av rating, does him no justice at all.

Jannick Christiansen - DC - When not injured, he played a really good season.

Robbie Dinsmore - DC - Had a good season and keeps improving. Was used quite often as DR when injuries hit the squad.

Tomas Necas - DM - His second season and current first pick. Leading CH potential and looks as if he is close to maxed, but a great player.

Jonathan Vandenburg - DM (ML) was having quite a few injuries. Used as ML when left side had double injuries... Played well there, but first choice DM.

Pål Erik Lønseth - ML/SC - New signing previous Molde - Was signed to play left midfielder, but due to many injuries in the attack, he had quite a few games there.

Christian Connoly - ML - First pick on the left side and had too many injuries this season, but was good when he played.

Jacob Larsen - SC - The hope for the future in the attack. Must be for our team, what Bendtner was for Arsenal when he started to play in the first team.

Year        	League       	Position     	Promotions	Cups/Achievements
2014/15		Skrill N	5th		None		None
2015/16		Skrill N	2nd		Yes!		Playoff final
2016/17		Skrill P	16th		None		None
2017/18		Skrill P	8th		None		None
2018/19		Skrill P	1st		Yes!		FAT finalist
2019/20		L2		18th		None		None
2020/21		L2		6th		Yes!		Playoff final
2021/22		L1		12th		None		None
2022/23		L1		6th		Yes!		JPT winner
2023/24		CH		7th		None		None
2024/25		CH		10th		None		FA semi final

unlucky, but I'm sure you'll be back with a vengeance if they fix these contract and transfer issues.

Cheers, I'm away having a go at one of the FMC challenges for now, never bothered with those before, but I've won the first two games, so I'm getting into it!!

Really want to do this challenge again though.

Been struggling in the league in season 2, but I have managed to defeat AFC Wimbledon (23rd, League 2) 4-1 in the cup. At their place.

Also beat Forest Green 2-0 at The New Lawn in the FA Trophy. Eat that you eco-warrior!

Downloading FM14 just to give this challenge a bash

Now reloading for Dulwich or Met Police

Hah, hope you've got some time to kill. That'll take ages!

I've posted a Met Police save a while back, and a kind soul posted a Dulwich save which helped me get started. That might be your best bet.

Oh, what a performance from Ryan Neil! Plucked out of the Under 21's after a handful of first team appearances and he goes and scores a hat-trick after coming on as a sub!! We won the second leg 3-0, 5-2 on aggregate. Now on to Cambridge in the final!

ClubCrest_zps2f659d95.gif

2015/2016

5th in Skrill Premier (pred: 24th) | Skrill Premier Playoffs | Transfers | Finances | Graph | Player Stats (1, 2)

The League

We started off with a strong run of three victories in three games, the second being an incredible 7-1 victory over Welling. From there, though, things became frustratingly inconsistent. Our cup runs meant we had to deal with a lot of fixture congestion - at one point we'd played 5 league games fewer than some teams in our division - and ate up chunks of our runs of form that meant our league results suffered. We managed to put together an 8 match unbeaten streak in September and October, but 5 in a row of those games were score draws. Another seven match unbreaten run featured 3 draws. March in particular was a killer - we played 8 league games plus the FA Trophy final in those 31 days, winning just one of the league matches and suffering 4 defeats. As a result, with 4 games remaining we lay 9th, four points outside the playoffs with a game in hand. With the worst of the congestion out of the way, we still had a shot at finishing 5th and a shot at promotion - and our last three games of the season were home games. A 1-1 draw at Eastleigh moved us up a spot to 8th, but kept us 4 points off a play-off spot, still with a game in hand. That came against Boreham Wood, bottom of the table and already relegated. A 201 victory leap-frogged us over Chester and left us a point away from fifth, with everyone having two games left to play. In the penultimate round of matches, we faced relegation threatened Hyde. In a physical match that saw two players carried off injured and one sent off, we prevailed 1-0 to relagate Hyde - and our promotion rivals Forest Green and Kidderminster both lost to lift us to 5th in the table with one game to go. Level on points with 4th placed Newport and with a two point lead over Kidderminster and Forest Green and a marginal goal difference situation, we needed to win to avoid relying on other results. It looked good for us when youth product Zac Kearns handed us the lead on 12 minutes, but Whitehawk managed to level the match before half time. Despite our best efforts, we couldn't secure the win, and thus our season came down to how other teams did. Forest Green beat Chester 5-4, which wasn't enough to overtake us on goal difference. Kidderminster beat champions Exeter 2-1, which wasn't enough to overtake us on goal difference but was enough to leapfrog us on goals scored. Newport County lost 2-1 to Eastleigh, allowing Kidderminster, Forest Green and us to jump ahead of them, leaving us a net 5th and qualifying for the play offs for a second consecutive season.

In the play offs, we were matched with Ebbsfleet. We'd split the regular season games with a win apiece, and we were unable to be separated after the first leg. Despite looking as if we might snatch a narrow win for much of the match, a late equalizer meant we drew the home leg 1-1. Tom Phipp gave Ebbsfleet the lead in the second leg, but an equalizer from Zac Thelen left us level at the half. From the kick off, we went on the attack, and Thelen's pass set up Dale Johnson to score what would prove to be the decisive goal. This set us up with a match against Kidderminster at Wembley for a place in league football. The first half of this game was perhaps the dullest half of football to ever happen - nothing of note happened. It was going the same way for the first quarter of an hour of the second half, when Lewis Hilliard's free kick was lofted forward to Adrian Sear on the edge of the box, and the St. Neots captain fired home. While the game livend up after that, mostly through Kidderminister looking for the equalizer, that one goal was all we needed, and we won promotion.

The Cups (FA Cup | FA Trophy)

The FA Cup draw was kind to us this season, as we progressed to the fourth round. Starting in the fourth qualifying round, we dispatched lower league Royston and Frickley with ease. Our first challenge came in the face of Forest Green, a fellow Skrill Premier side, who we took out after a replay. Next up were Kidderminster, also a Skrill Premier team, in the third round. A 3-1 win at Aggborough set us up with a plum money making tie in the fourth round against Premier League Stoke. Although we lost convincingly, the crow of 26,413 who watched us meant we scored a huge windfall for the club.

The FA Trophy, meanwhile, was a tough slog. Three times we went to replays in this competition, a significant factor in our fixture congestion. In particular, the fourth round penalty shootout victory over Chester was particularly hard on the team. That win put us in a semi-final with Dartford. A 2-1 in the first away leg put us in charge, and by drawing the second leg 1-1, we set up a date at Wembley with Wrexham. Things started brightly for us with an early goal from Eddie Adjei, and when Lewis Hilliard scored fromt he spot 10 minutes into the second half, we secured victory and our first trophy.

The Players

Highest Average Rating (Min. 10 starts): Zach Thelen, 7.13

Top Scorer: Zach Thelen, 24

Most Assists: Eddie Adjei, Dale Johnson, Zach Thelen, 15

Worst Discipline: Arran Ferney, 5 yellow cards, 2 red cards

Ever-Present: None

The Finances

Our cup runs managed to make us enough money to be secure for the immediate future, and fund some improvements to the club. Overall, we're looking pretty good in this respect.

The Future

We have training and youth facility improvements coming along, so hopefully we can look forward to continuing that development for the club. In addition, in order to meet the stadium requirements for League Two, we're having our terraces converted to seats, so we'll be playing at an all-seater stadium when that's done. In the meantime, we'll be playing at The Abbey Stadium in Cambridge. Being in League Two means we've turned professional, so I've also got to start moving everyone over to full time contracts.

[b][u][color="black"]CLUB HISTORY[/color][/u][/b]

[b]SEASON	LEAGUE	POS.	Notes[/b]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]14/15[/b]	TSN	[url=http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee69/DizzyIzzyB13/St%20Neots%20Town/2014-15/SkrillNorth_zpsf5f72613.png]5th[/url]	Promoted via Play-offs
[b]15/16[/b]	TSP	[url=http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee69/DizzyIzzyB13/St%20Neots%20Town/2015-16/SkrillPremier_zps2feccd53.png]5th[/url]	Promoted via Play-offs

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[b][u][color="black"]TROPHY CABINET[/color][/u][/b]

FA Trophy
Winners: [url=http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee69/DizzyIzzyB13/St%20Neots%20Town/2015-16/FATrophy_zps69b1aab7.png]2016[/url]

Isabella Bianchi (Profile)

[b][u][color=purple]MANAGER AWARDS[/color][/u][/b]

Skrill Premier Manager of the Year: [url=http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee69/DizzyIzzyB13/St%20Neots%20Town/2015-16/ManageroftheYear_zpsbf1e7d96.png]2015-16[/url]

Skrill North Manager of the Season: [url=http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee69/DizzyIzzyB13/St%20Neots%20Town/2014-15/MoS2014-15_zps6c69c94c.png]2014-15[/url]

Skrill North Manager of the Month: [url=http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee69/DizzyIzzyB13/St%20Neots%20Town/2014-15/MoMAugust2013_zpse6a8e98d.png]August 2013[/url], [url=http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee69/DizzyIzzyB13/St%20Neots%20Town/2014-15/MoMDecember2013_zps7e1786b0.png]December 2013[/url]

Archived