dafuge's FM14 challenge

Having a bumpy season so far with Hampton & Richmond. Down in 19th in the table, a point out of the relegation zone, with 9 games played. But so far we're in the FA Cup 4th Qualifying round where we play Lewes. So far our results in the FA Cup have been poor.

2nd: Flackwell Heath 2-2 Hampton & Richmond

2nd Replay: Hampton & Richmond 1-0 Flackwell Heath

3rd: Theamesmead 3-4 Hampton & Richmond.

But if we get into the 1st round (proper) it will give us quite a bit of money that we can then use to persuade Peterbrough (My parent club) players to join.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well done on your promotion, but your league table further confirms there's still an issue with way too many goals in the playable leagues with full detail. Three teams with 100+ goals, another two with over 90, and four teams who have conceded over 100. That can't be right surely?

It is bizarre. I just checked the other playable leagues and the level of goals there seems to be pretty normal, so maybe it is just a freak season.

It is bizarre. I just checked the other playable leagues and the level of goals there seems to be pretty normal, so maybe it is just a freak season.

Following the previous posts its seems to be a common thing for the leagues you arent in to have normal amounts but the league your team is in to have crazy high numbers of goals.

Following the previous posts its seems to be a common thing for the leagues you arent in to have normal amounts but the league your team is in to have crazy high numbers of goals.

I see. That is worrying then. They've got some real problems with FM this year (although I'm quite enjoying it overall).

SamRuff04, congrats on the good result. Hopefully you can stay up!

Gypsum, good timing on the full-time status. I was worried that my top striker wouldn't sign a new contract extension, as he won a bunch of awards and missed out on the 'Skrill Prem Top Goalscorer' by 1 goal (he had 30). Turns out that both him, and my other favorite youth product, were excited to extend their contracts due to their passion for their club and respect for me as a manager. I was shocked by how reasonable that sounded!

quick update:

Just had the board agree to a Youth Facilities upgrade worth 190k, and my young striker just broke the Skrill Prem record for youngest ever goalscorer by 1 day. I'm feeling good about this season already (form so far has been W-L-W-W).

2 weeks into January, King's Lynn update.

We're sitting in 16th place on 31 points, 8 wins, 7 ties, 11 losses. We've stayed around 16th-18th place all season, our best position was 15th. I stuck with a 4-4-2 for months, had some very inconsistent form, and finally decided to switch to a 4-5-1. The change in tactic has been good for us and makes me wish I had made the switch earlier in the season. Managed to sign a few players in the squad to longer contracts however, a decent amount of them are still uninterested in discussing anything

SkelmersdaleUnitedlogo_zps4a7b085d.png

Roster - League Table - Finances - Position Graph - Transfers

2014/2015 Predicted: 22nd *: *Finished: 4th

Not much was expected the first season in charge. We were predicted to hang around the relegation zone all season and at just about the half way point the club was just outside the relegation zone. At the start of December everything started to click for the club and from then until the end of the year the team only lost twice. This run vaulted the club up from 15th to finish in 4th. In the playoff semifinals we faced off against AFC Telford who scored in bunches setting the league record with 109 goals through the seasons. We lost the first leg 4-3 away so I had high hopes we could take the 2nd leg and move on. Unfortunately our offense stumbled and only managed a 1-1 draw and thus were eliminated from the playoffs. The team is setup great for next years promotion run. There were many many transfers this year trying to find a formation/lineup that would work. Next year should be more stable. Only looking to bring in a couple players in key spots. The board infused the club with 100k the last couple months of the season which was great for the financials even though they aren't to good. With a solid lineup from the start we can make some better Cup runs again next season. Board also said they were going to start a stadium expansion.

Top Players:

• Sean Miller-**Our top scorer. Brought in on loan from Chester a couple weeks into the season. He scored 22 on the year with 7 assists. Should have scored more but he did see to miss some sitters.
  • Liam Thorpe- Was at the club before this season. Was best player on the club. Scored 12 this year. Had trouble staying on the pitch with injuries though. Hopefully he can play more next year.
  • Joe McGee-*Was a dynamo in the center of the park. Scored 9 goals and setup 13 more. Signed him up for another year
  • Alan Burton- Was the workhorse in the midfield had many solid balls to setup Miller. Finished with 13 assists. Looking for a large raise so not sure if he can be brought back.

Next Season Goals- Promotion

GoalieManPat - The Football Manager Blog

Cambridge City FC - 2015/16

Skrill North

hnac.th.jpg

Club Information | Confidence | Finances | Squad | Transfers

General Comments

What a year for the Cambridge City staff and players, the season started a lot better than last year we managed to gain 14 points in 10 games, last year it took us 19 games to get to the same total so it was a dramatic improvement. The whole season was very inconsistent unlike last season where we had an awful start then a brilliant second half of the season, this season we won a few games then lost a couple then won a few .... well you get the picture, however there were enough positive results to take us into the last play off place on the last day of the season were we won 2-1 away from home against 6th place Leamington a draw would have been enough but the win put the icing on the cake there was some bad news however that came out of the fixture, our star player and goal scoring machine 18yr old Jaiden Jeffers was ruled out for 4 months with a torn calf muscle which meant he would miss the duration of the playoffs. So the playoffs started and we played 2nd place Stockport we drew 0-0 at home but once again a massive away win, running out 2-0 winners took us to the Final were we would play AFC Telford in the final who were on a 11 game unbeaten run. The rest was history 1-1 in normal time, the game went to penalties and we ran out 5-3 winners Scott Hadland scoring the decisive penalty.

League Results

League Table | Position Graph

Cup Competitions

F.A Cup | F.A Trophy

The Fa Cup this year started and ended with a Home defeat to Southport were we lost 3-1 we played this game in a period of the season when we was on a pretty bad run so a defeat was not a suprise. On the other hand the F.A Trophy was a little better where we reached the 2nd round and had an away tie to Skrill Prem team Hereford where we eventually went down losing 4-1.

My Top Player

Jaiden Jeffers

Aims For Next Season

Next Season we have to consolidate and try to avoid relegation, once again 6 of my first team regulars do not want to sign contracts, this means we have to rebuild once again. I think our main objective is to win as many home games as we can and pick up the odd result away from home, hopefully that will help keep our status in the Skrill Prem

Well it has taken a while but I've finally managed to get into our second season in the Skrill Premier, pre-season was spent rebuilding the squad again (I've offered out a combination of 1, 2 and 3 year contracts this time to hopefully make things a bit more stable in the future) in came 12 new players to replace the 15 I lost - 2 good and 2 decent Skrill Premier rated players with the rest rated at Skrill North/South level but most with potential for League 1/2.

I've also changed my tactics again as we are lacking any outstanding (5 star rated players - 4 4.5 star players are the best I have this season) players and my 4-4-2 formation was getting overrun so I have gone back to 4-1-4-1 but rigid with Wingers on Attack switching between Counter/Standard depending on how the game is going, with my Striker rotating between False 9/Advanced Forward/Poacher Roles depending on how isolated he is getting, and after a rocky start not helped by having to bed in a new side we are sat 7th after 10 games just three points off the top of the table with six wins and three defeats.

However off the pitch things aren't going too well we have already lost £50K this season and we haven't even reached the end of september, we are also over our wage budget even though I've struggled to build a squad with an average wage of £200 p/w, I also have several moaning unhappy players including a guy who demanded first team football before the season even began :(

I have at least found a way to get some extra money out of my board - they won't let me pay anything towards a loanee's wage but will let me give a side the same amount as a monthly payment for a loan even though my transfer budget is zero :confused: shame hardly anyone good enough is willing to come on loan, though I did somehow manage to bag a Striker from Newcastle who has 5 goals in 7 games.

Truro City - Season 2015/16 (Skrill South)

So after coming second last season and losing on penalties in the play off finals, I thought repeating the task would be tough, but possible. A lot of last seasons stars refused to resign their contracts, so I promoted a lot of my youth players and signed a handful of players to provide cover in key positions. The result was being 2k under my wage budget meaning that we turned a good profit for the season - largely helped by a televised FA Cup game vs Southend (which we lost).

My youth players did well, by well I mean, bloody fantastic. We were hunting around second/third in the league all season and then went on a great run from January to March which put us top of the league. It was still close until the last 3 games of the season..we won them all and our rivals (Bromley) Lost 2. Promoted as champions :)!

( League Table | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | FA Cup )

( Squad | Transfers | Finances )

( Manager Profile )

Key Players

Greg Palmer- 44 Goals and 16 Assists in 51 appearences says it all really. However he does seem to get complacent and stop scoring for a few games in a row, so I guess his goal tally is even more impressive. Had to tell him off a few times over the course of the season, but either way without him we wouldn't have won the league.

Stewart Yetton - 42 Goals and 19 Assists in 54 appearences. Great return from last seasons clubs player of the year. Getting a bit old now at 30 but his assists were influencial. The difference between him and Greg Palmer were that Stewart was consistent.

Daniel Thompson - 26 Assists in 46 games. Good winger, have doubts about how well he'll do in the higher division, but he came good at the end of the season.

Ben Johnson - 27 Assists and 11 Goals in 53 games. One of my transfers in and he made a huge difference. Quality on the wing and I think he'll be with us for a long time to come.

Neil Fairclough - Came through the youth system with my Assistant Manager claiming he'll be League 2 quality soon. Let him lose in the DM Position and whilst his Average Raiting wasn't the highest in my team, he played well and was consistant.

Next Season

Avoid Relegation. Stregnthen my defence, try and keep turning a profit, so that if we do go back down we can afford it :). Another FA Cup run would be lovely.

Started with the Met Police properly now, got my AssMan and scouts in. Quick question though.

On this footy manager when you go into the boardroom and see you staff limits, does 'other staff' comprise of Physios, player coaches, keeper coaches AND fitness coaches?

I'm allowed 2 in total if thats the case, and 1 is already taken up by my rubbish physio that was already there.

Started with the Met Police properly now, got my AssMan and scouts in. Quick question though.

On this footy manager when you go into the boardroom and see you staff limits, does 'other staff' comprise of Physios, player coaches, keeper coaches AND fitness coaches?

I'm allowed 2 in total if thats the case, and 1 is already taken up by my rubbish physio that was already there.

I think so, yeah. I had to fire a coach within days of hiring him, as I needed a physio but didn't have the space in my other staff. Don't know why they've grouped it up like that. I was fine the way it used to be.

So with a few signings and a tactical change (thanks to Foxo in Steam Chat!), things are a little better. Now 16th, 5 points clear with 3 games in hand, and just lost to City in the 3rd round of the cup. The money earned there should keep us afloat. :)

Just signed a 39 year old Rory Delap, who is apparently still one of the best players at this level.

Maybe it's just me, but at the moment i just feel as if i'm going backwards... ive been promoted, stayed in the skrill prem quite comfortably and yet despite that, due to people not renewing contracts and oddly a smaller pool to recruit from, i have a weaker squad than i did when i was promoted to the skrill south... and a smaller budget...

maybe that's just Thamesmead though...

Maybe it's just me, but at the moment i just feel as if i'm going backwards... ive been promoted, stayed in the skrill prem quite comfortably and yet despite that, due to people not renewing contracts and oddly a smaller pool to recruit from, i have a weaker squad than i did when i was promoted to the skrill south... and a smaller budget...

maybe that's just Thamesmead though...

Stick with it mate. I'm now in my 3rd season in the Skrill Prem and I'm finding it slightly easier to retain players. My 19 year old home-grown talents are actually resigning contracts because they have a 'passion for the club' or 'admire my ability'. One player who left my club last season, refusing to resign, was glad to resign a contract a few weeks into the next season. I'm assuming that my club and character reputation are slowly catching up to me.

I get the impression that they've added a bit of lag/momentum into the way that club and character reputation changes over time.

Stick with it mate. I'm now in my 3rd season in the Skrill Prem and I'm finding it slightly easier to retain players. My 19 year old home-grown talents are actually resigning contracts because they have a 'passion for the club' or 'admire my ability'. One player who left my club last season, refusing to resign, was glad to resign a contract a few weeks into the next season. I'm assuming that my club and character reputation are slowly catching up to me.

I get the impression that they've added a bit of lag/momentum into the way that club and character reputation changes over time.

Lets hope so... i still think it's buggy as hell when the guys who wont resign, then spend in some cases 2 full seasons unemployed or sign for clubs 1 or in some cases 2 leagues below. If i could retain my players it wouldnt be such an issue... but it feels pointless to have to resign an entire first 11 every season... but with less wage allocation

Do full backs actually do anything

They're doing well for me as an attacking option. I am using a 4-1-3-2 formation, with the 3 midfielders playing MCL, MC, MCR, so I have no wide players besides the fullbacks. I have the bomb forward whenever possible, and they're quite consistently supplying me with a large number of crosses into the box every game. I figure that they don't work defensively, but if you set them to attack the flanks they will press the opposition a little whilst giving you an advantage in attack.

So they do nothing defensively, but they give me a good option in attack, especially if the middle of the pitch is clogged up with the opposition midfield/defense.

Lets hope so... i still think it's buggy as hell when the guys who wont resign, then spend in some cases 2 full seasons unemployed or sign for clubs 1 or in some cases 2 leagues below. If i could retain my players it wouldnt be such an issue... but it feels pointless to have to resign an entire first 11 every season... but with less wage allocation

The board have solved the contract problem in my game by refusing to let me offer people a wage and mid way through the season they have reduced my wage budget by another £1K p/w to just £4.3K p/w which should make the end of the season interesting :(

Though things could be worse I could be manager of Whitehawk who are routed to the bottom of the table have an even lower wage budget than me (the only one) and are losing fans like crazy - seemingly each home game this season they have set a new Skrill Premier low attendance record hitting a record low 200 on boxing day which makes me somewhat greatful for the ~450 people that turn up for my games.

Buxton Season Summary 2025/26

blkj.jpg

Championship

Final League Position 1st

Season saw us start with 3 draws, which was neither pleasing nor dissapointing. Did still have some long injuries this season, but luckily not as many as last season, and they were better "spread" across the team. (last season 2/3 of my defense were injured at the same time). Besides winning the Championship and recieving the Manager of the Year award, we also had 3 players in Team of the Year and Young player of the Year award. Finances took a huge hit, as i have used the transfer budget to increase salaries two seasons in a row. But the outcome was worth it, and hopfully in the PRM the finances can start going into the black, as well as starting to invest in facilities.

The League Cup was a good run, which finally saw Chealsea beat us. In the FA Cup we were unlucky and were handed Aston Villa in our first round and lost.

Capital One Cup 1st round - 2-0 home win vs Fleetwood.

Capital One Cup 2nd round - 2-0 home win vs Hull

Capital One Cup 3rd round - 3-2 extra time away win. Score didn't do us justice, as we had 2 goals ruled out.

Capital One Cup 4th round - 2-0 home win vs Watford.

Capital One Cup Qtr final - 4-2 away loss to Chealsea. Happy with the result, but could have been fun to beat them and get Man Utd.

FA Cup 3rd round - 4-3 away loss to Aston Villa. Felt gutted about this one, but pleased with the goals we scored. But we really should have won that game.

In the Championship having regular playing FB's as well as the keeper getting better and used to the playstyle, we had the leagues best defense, were tied with Brighton in the offense. Last round of the season was a nailbiting one. Would need a win or draw to secure the title, with a loss Brighton would have gotten it. With a goal in the 84th and 90th minute, we beat QPR home and to the joy of our fans, we secured the title, in our 3rd season in the CH. At one point Brighton was 12 points ahead and more or less was in the first position all year. But they started to loose and all the teams in the play off zones gained quite some points on them.

Best game of the season from a managers view, was a 5-1 away win vs former PRM West Brom. Followed by a 4-0 away win vs M'Boro, where we had complete dominance.

The team which did this magnificient achievement:

Pepe

Jakub Kriva	Jannick Christiansen	Robbie Dinsmore	Kasper Hovesen

Sean Dunphy		Tomas Necas

Bruno Arona						Christian Connoly

Pål Erik Lønseth	Roger Eugster

Pepe - GK - Quickly knocked O'Boyle away and is our first choice keeper. Had some good performances.

Jannick Chrisiansen - DC - First pick in center defense. As well as being really strong there, he can use his head in the other end as well. I see a new Agger in him!

Robbie Dinsmore - DC - Had this guy figured as reserve, but he proved me wrong this season and had some good performances.

Kasper Hovesen - DL - Second season with 10+ tackle. He is a great player!

Jakub Kriva - DR - New signing from Mlada Boleslav - Was a much needed right defender. That position has been our hardest to fill over the past 3 seasons.

Sean Dunphy - DM - New signing from Man City - Have had loanspells in L1 and CH all his career. Now he has earned a starting lineup with Buxton, really good DM.

Tomas Necas - DM - Between injuries and bans, he had a good season :D

Bruno Arona - MR - Really encouraged with him on the MR position. He will become great.

Christian Connolly - ML - 35 games 20 assist 5 goals. I love this guy.

Pål Erik Lønseth - SC - Was originally intended as ML, but with a really good season as SC, he will continue there.

Roger Eugster - SC - New signing from St. Gallen. Had planned to use him as MR, but Arona did great, and Euster did great in offense, so a good match.

Other players worth mentioning:

Ingi Ólaffson - DC - His stats are improving, he just isn't as good as the first picked ones, am sure he will get there.

Steen Ambrosen - ML - New signing from FC Nordsjælland. Continuing to bring in the Danish blood to England. Retraining him to DL and promising reserve player.

Darren Perris Jones - SC - Not that many games this season, it was hard for the normal strikers to beat the performances of Lønseth and Euster.

Jacob Larsen - SC - Same story as Jones. Did give him more games, but he lacked the goals, still have good hopes for him.

Torgeir Thorbjørnsen - SC - New signing from Tromsø. I dont know, his stats just looked great, had to have him. Will be a good reserve to have.

The best part of the upcoming season, is having 7000 more seats installed, as well as being able to use Port Vales 19k facilities, while the construction is going on. Looking forward to see, if the players can cope at the best level, many of them have had a few seasons to mature in now.

Year        	League       	Position     	Promotions	Cups/Achievements
2014/15		Skrill N	5th		None		None
2015/16		Skrill N	2nd		Yes!		Playoff final
2016/17		Skrill P	16th		None		None
2017/18		Skrill P	8th		None		None
2018/19		Skrill P	1st		Yes!		FAT finalist
2019/20		L2		18th		None		None
2020/21		L2		6th		Yes!		Playoff final
2021/22		L1		12th		None		None
2022/23		L1		6th		Yes!		JPT winner
2023/24		CH		7th		None		None
2024/25		CH		10th		None		FA semi final
2025/26		CH		1st		Yes!		League Cup Qtr

Congrats on making it to the EPL Dons. Hopefully now you can fix those finances :lol:

Cheers! Am confident with finances, the TV money alone is amazing, also the friendlies if choosing the big teams, are between 200 and 350k each.

Just finished my first season with AFC Fylde, had a decent season. Finished 13th, should have been higher but March and April were terrible only a couple of wins from the last 10 or 12 games. However I think my future my be in danger. We've just been placed under a transfer embargo as we are a takeover target. Got a horrible feeling I won't survive the takeover.

AFC Fylde - Season 1 review

Was a bit of an up and down season. Started pretty badly but then in November, December and January we found some form and looked like we could make a push for the playoffs.

That all came to a sudden halt in February and March, we hit an awful patch of form and from then on it was just about where in mid-table we were going to finished. In the end we finished a creditable 13th. Against a media prediction of 18th. http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/rayallger/media/SkrillNorth_OverviewStages_zpsd106f577.png.html

Of course due to the contracts bug most of my good contracted players have were refusing to resign.

Our form in the cups was pretty terrible, dumped out of the FA cup after the first game and drawing the Skrill Premier leaders in the second match of the FA Trophy. We could have done with a cup run as our finances were getting worse by the month despite being £4k under my wage buget.

I quickly settled on a standard 4-4-2, with very few instructions as I didn't want to make it too complicated for players at this level. The only instructions were retain possession and run at the defense.

The start of the off season didn't get any better. With finances looking like this: http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/rayallger/media/AFCFylde_BoardroomFinances_zps6e58a412.png.html

We were subject to a take over, by what turned out to be the non-league equivalent of the Glazer family, they promptly provided no new money and took out a £230k loan. http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/rayallger/media/AFCFylde_BoardroomFinances-2_zpsb7b22f02.png.html

My best player was undoubtedly Matthew Blinkhorn, who despite a rocky spell in Feb, when he went around 11 hours without scoring finished up with 24 goals for me. Of course he has now left me, despite being happy as a pig in the you know what, he didn't want to negotiate a new contract

So onwards and upwards. I've lost all my first choice defense, although considering they shipped nearly 90 goals that might not be a new season. We'll be out to confound the critics, with a media prediction for my second season of 21st. I'm bizarrely optimistic. I have a load of young players who have a year under their belts with me and I reckon that while the playoffs might be a stretch I'm aiming for a top half finish.

I reckon this guy might turn in to a real gem: http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/rayallger/media/EddieHughes_OverviewProfile_zps5abae65e.png.html He had a reasonable season for me, and he'll only get better. If I can keep hold of him I reckon he can be with me until at least League 2.

Hope the links worked. If not I'll come back and edit this post.

St Neots 1st season review

Reasonable start follwed by a dreadful run dropped me in to the bottom 3 - fortunately I managed 10 wins in the period from Jan onwards.

The less said about the cups the better.

It looks like I'll be loseing 6 of my better players as they won't sign new contracts. Just got my keeper to re-sign after some buttering up.

Congrats to those who've been promoted.

Some players aren't renewing contract saw with me. So annoying as some are really good for me too. Ah well. Got the youth intake soon can pick up some players there and give them long contracts until I can get promotion.

I'll probably save the game as soon as the season finishes so that after any update that fixes the problems I'll have time to get people to stay.

Some players aren't renewing contract saw with me. So annoying as some are really good for me too. Ah well. Got the youth intake soon can pick up some players there and give them long contracts until I can get promotion.

I'll probably save the game as soon as the season finishes so that after any update that fixes the problems I'll have time to get people to stay.

It's a bug in the game, SI have done apparently done a fix but they don't when the next update is going to be.

A bit belated as I've been busy all day with my sons birthday party, but welcome and good luck to Eugen and anyone else who's started the challenge since last night. Also, congratulations to Dons for reaching the EPL.

Just so you all know, I've restarted as FC United as I missed playing as them. I've got a completely new squad as pretty much everyone naffed off elsewhere or to the job centre to sign on. The squad I have got now though is pretty damn good. They just need to gel and get used to my tactics, then I should do great with them. They're all signed on for three years, and I'm hoping the contract issue is sorted before I complete three seasons. I also have a fantastic backroom staff, all of whom I signed after taking over the club.

Here's my Current First team (the midfielder is only injured for a couple of weeks), all signed for free and pretty much all on three year contracts :D

Whitby Town

League Two

2020/21

l8egA7j.png

Club Information | Confidence | Finances | Squad* | Transfers (1) (2)

* Bottom half didn't screenshot and I've changed the squad since. The rest of the squad contained Andres Guerreri, John Rooney, a 37 year old Marouane Chamakh, Mark Anderson, Ishmael Miller and Leeon Mason.

The League

League Table | Position Graph

Playoff Semi Final First Leg | Playoff Semi Final Second Leg

Playoff Final

The Cups

FA Cup Fixtures | Capital One Cup Fixtures | Johnstone's Paint Trophy Fixtures

Key Players

Albert Rusnak | Ishmael Miller | Ryan Russell

Awards

Fan's Player of the Season

Ryan Russell

Ryan deservedly gets the award from the fans. Hugely important player and the heart of our defence.

Top Scorer

Leeon Mason

He may have been the top scorer, but he was hardly the top striker. That once again goes to Ishmael Miller. Spoiler alert, Leeon Mason got cut after terrible performances in the first few games of L1 and an influx of new and better talent, and some interesting older signings.

Millward Player's Choice Award

Manager's Player of the Season

Albert Rusnak

Last season, I didn't even consider him one of the top three key players despite the fans voting him as Player of the Year. This year, he proved me wrong. Fantastic season from a great player who I hope will stay as good for many years to come. Ex-Man City too, which is always a plus for me.

Jordan Swinburn Award

Surprise of the Season

Back to back promotions!

Aims For Next Season

Survive!

Career Overview

Season      League               League Finish       Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9101025&viewfull=1#post9101025"]2014/15[/url]     Skrill North         13th                Survival
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9113054&viewfull=1#post9113054"]2015/16[/url]     Skrill North         12th                Survival
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9125478&viewfull=1#post9125478"]2016/17[/url]     Skrill North         12th                Survival
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9125483&viewfull=1#post9125483"]2017/18[/url]     Skrill North         5th                 Playoffs - Utter Heartbreak
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9131557&viewfull=1#post9131557"]2018/19[/url]     Skrill North         1st                 Champions
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9158018&viewfull=1#post9158018"]2019/20[/url]     Skrill Premier       3rd                 Promoted - Playoffs
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9189285&viewfull=1#post9189285"]2020/21[/url]     League Two           7th                 Promoted - Playoffs

It's a bug in the game, SI have done apparently done a fix but they don't when the next update is going to be.

Yeah, I saw that. I'm going to complete this season and then stop straight after the last game so the fix means I have time to re-sign players.

Let me tell you where I am right now

So as I posted a couple of weeks ago I started again with Rushall. I failed to keep them up first season.

I then tried with numeours other clubs (starting again each time), at least four. Each time failed to keep them up

I went back to Rushall on Friday and started again. Had a pretty awful start I made a few tweaks to the tactics and I thought I had it cracked. We were winning games and went an unbeaten run of 7/8 games and one loss in 12. We moved up to 9th position, six points off the play offs. Then all of a sudden, with nothing changed to the personnel or tactics wise, I win one game in 18!!

None of the better players will sign new contracts so at the end of the season (finished 16th) I have to sign a WHOLE NEW TEAM! It's like starting again every season!

I have picked in ONE point in the first SIX games in the new season. No players above Regional Prem (or whatever it is) is interested

I have played this challenge since FM07, the state of the current game is totally unplayable for this challenge, the only way I play the game.

I am gutted as I love FM but I can't continue to play on like this...............................

Archived