Which team will you be on FM2009?

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Start unemployed and get a job in the lower leagues of Bulgaria as always and work my way up to the top flight either by promotion or by club hopping. If I do good enough and attract interest from Central or Western Europe, than I just might be tempted to head in that direction.

No doubt I'll have a bash at Annan Athletic for novelty value. Other than that I'll mebee try Norway or Iceland again. I generally start up loads of different save games and lose interest before pre-season. It's a bit hit and miss which ones manage to keep me excited past that boring stage so that I kick on into a proper game.

Seconded with respect to Kofi Annan Athletic, I'll let my nationality be decided randomly though so I'll probably be Wallisian/Irish or something...

For the record, I'm normally Nuneaton Borough (the team I support) but we've been liquidated, relegated two divisions and had our name changed to Nuneaton Town so I don't have a choice.

Not a good time to support us, away at Quorn F.C. today anybody?

Do they, by any chance, have anything to do with a brand of rather disgusting vegetarian food items?

Thats all they sell at the Kiosks..Quorn Burgers, Quorn Hotdogs, Quorn Pies... tut tut

They did sell Meat Pie, Chips and Peas for £2.50 on a golden plastic plate. Bargain if you ask me. No vegetarian fare in sight! It's a small village outside Loughborough next to the equally farcically named "Nanpantan".

Leighton Town F.C. from Leighton Buzzard are up next!

Home team Norwich to see what the changes are like, then more than likely move on to an ambitious premier league club like Spurs or even try my hand at AC Milan and bread sucessful youth through, always liked the AC Challenge.

I'll be taking on one of 3 teams; Leicester City (Home Club), Bohemians (Fave FM Club) or Gateshead (just to annoy my Dad who used to play with them on USM if anyone's heard of that game!!!). I'll probably start with Leicester though.

usually Celtic as i support them and always like to take them as far as i can. But there are a number of interesting teams this year. I think Portsmouth could be quite good, Spurs also. Barcelona will be a changed team and Atletico in Champs league could be fun. So many teams actually. Quite exciting.

maybe man utd at first then

dinamo buc (the team that i support from my country)

or

barcelona, inter (just to kick mourinho from the job :)) , real madrid

or maybe i start in a good league with a team i never played or played in years with (sporting, celtic , rangers,psg, monaco, bayern etc )

or simply let fate decide and i start unemployed

I will most definitely start with Man Utd because that is the club I support for 18 years! Although I know that taking Man Utd will be quite boring and not much of a challenge, I just can't bear to take another team and managing that team to beat Man Utd!! Whenever Man Utd loses, it just pains me, even if it is on FM!!! LOL!!!

Do a couple of seasons with my team (Ipswich Town with all our money!!)

Then I'll either do a long term career game (starting unemployed and automatic reputation), Gundo's Challenge or dafuge's challenge.

Can't wait!!

Can't wait to start as Aston Villa. Always villa to start with, and this year looks like being a good squad if barry stays. Then my usual tactic is to play ten seasons to scope out the good young players, and start again with these players on my shortlist. I also run a long term game as boston united, as they are lower division, small stadium, and no money. Winning Champions League with boston is so much fun. Always wanted to try the unemployed route, but can never be bothered with it.

Archived