Liverpool Thread 2011/12

Rafalution

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

40 - S. Downing has delivered 40 accurate crosses this season, more than any LFC player. Also, more than Messi, Hazard or C. Ronaldo. Tidy

Maybe if we had a striker who could finish people wouldn't hate on Downing so much.

Downing's still ridiculously average. Pretty much exactly the same as I called when we signed him. £20m on him was a joke, just not quite as much of a joke as £16m on Henderson or £35m on Carroll.

I wish we could pack Kenny off into a DeLorean and make him redo the past 15 months. GREAT SCOTT!

calling ******** on that downing stat tbh. no way he's delivered 40 accurate crosses (how do they even measure this?). he simply doesn't deliver the ball at the right time and when he does manage to get a cross in it's usually too deep.

been such a nothing player for us and i had such high hopes on him being the wide player we've been crying out for. the guy has the ability i reckon just doesn't look mentally up to the job, happy to go missing far too much. been some encouraging signs recently but it's too little too late. hope for a more consistent and settled season next year i guess but you don't expect to splash 20m on a ready proven premiership player and reap the rewards 12 months after.

Jose Enrique has made 50 successful dribbles this season, 3 more than Cristiano Ronaldo who has made 47. Control.

Stats ftw, eventually they'll find a stat for the whole team that beats Ronaldo :D

how do they measure it? by the fact that it got to one of our players.

wide players that hug the touchline are useless when you have no one in the box

Does that include crosses that sail over the head of everyone in the box and are picked up by full-backs on the other side of the pitch?

I actually don't mind Downing, I think he's got a decent footballing brain, he actually tries, he's still fairly fast and fit and he can put in a decent cross as well as a bit of dribbling. I think he's performed well below what we expected in terms of goals and assists and I think we paid over the odds for him, but he's probably the best left winger we've had for a decade.

tbf to downing you have to have some idea and understanding of where your striker is gonna be when you do cross and with suarez always dropping deep i dont think anyone on the planet knows where carroll is ever likely to be as the guy doesnt even know himself.

When Carroll is on the pitch I am pretty sure everyone knows where he'll be when a wide man has the ball

I actually don't mind Downing, I think he's got a decent footballing brain, he actually tries, he's still fairly fast and fit and he can put in a decent cross as well as a bit of dribbling. I think he's performed well below what we expected in terms of goals and assists and I think we paid over the odds for him, but he's probably the best left winger we've had for a decade.

Harry Kewell :cool:

Jose Enrique has made 50 successful dribbles this season, 3 more than Cristiano Ronaldo who has made 47. Control.

Stats ftw, eventually they'll find a stat for the whole team that beats Ronaldo :D

This one I believe. He does like a good dribble.

Not at all disappointed with the news on Adam - I hope Shelvey gets a little go before the end of the season, although I guess Spearing/Gerrard is our first choice midfgield pair now - with perhaps Henderson getting more of a chance in a position that may actually suit him?

Archived