Liverpool Thread 2011/12

Rafalution

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I shouldn't really laugh considering Villa are probably the only team worse than you at the moment but **** it..

Hahahahahahahahaha. Poor Stewart Downing, thought he was moving to a team who would be in the top 4. :D

why do you think he's done so bad for us? tactics or just couldnt hack the (presumed though now non-existent) step-up? Looks a totally different player to the one you had last season

why do you think he's done so bad for us? tactics or just couldnt hack the (presumed though now non-existent) step-up? Looks a totally different player to the one you had last season

I have no idea. I thought he would be a good signing for you but it just hasn't worked out for him at all, maybe he hasn't settled or something? He's looked alright in a couple of the game i have watched, but nowhere near the player he was last season.

I just don't think Downing is a left winger. He's better in central areas or cutting in from the right. Didn't scout the player properly and thought we were signing a good level Premiership left winger when we weren't.

That's completely wrong. He played primarily as a left winger for us last season and he was brilliant. He isn't the type of winger who cuts inside a lot because he doesn't have the pace of players like Walcott and Ashley Young who cut in all the time and do it very well.

If he was to be played on the right wing (i'm not sure if he has been for Liverpool?) then all you would see was him running down the right but cutting back to cross with his left foot on pretty much every occasion because he can't use his right foot to save his life. His crosses with his left foot are very good if he gets in the right position.

ii think hes much better on the left but hes been switching lately and started a few on the right. if he had a clear and defined role as an AML we'd get the best out of him. the amount of times hes been brought off minutes after carroll coming on or even for him is ridiculous though.

That's completely wrong. He played primarily as a left winger for us last season and he was brilliant. He isn't the type of winger who cuts inside a lot because he doesn't have the pace of players like Walcott and Ashley Young who cut in all the time and do it very well.

If he was to be played on the right wing (i'm not sure if he has been for Liverpool?) then all you would see was him running down the right but cutting back to cross with his left foot on pretty much every occasion because he can't use his right foot to save his life. His crosses with his left foot are very good if he gets in the right position.

Not disagreeing with you but that's not what I've been told by other Villa fans really? I've been told he's a much better pass and move footballer than he is to attack a full back and try to whip crosses in and therefore you got the best out of him cutting inside or starting centrally, whilst you had Ashley Young cutting in from the left (which definitely looks his best position).

This is your worst form at this time of the season since about '54 or something :/

If the last 11 games were indicative of a whole season Liverpool would end up with 28 points. Last season the bottom team had 33. That's close to a third of a season it's based off as well

He's rubbish at beating a defender, but like i said, get him in the right position down the left and he can whip in some really really good crosses. I can't remember him cutting in much at all whilst he was with Villa tbf. He used to score a good few goals from the back post as well (including one in the last game of the season against you last season).

Still say give him to the summer. The quality of the squad is more of a problem than anything else.

Agree about letting him stay until the summer while they work in the background to have a new manager ready in june.

On your 2nd point,it seems to me like Dalglish can't motivate properly,Liverpool are quite good in "self-motivating" matches (cups and against top teams).

It's become such a clear trend it's not coincidence anymore.

Sacking KD with less than ten games to go in the season whilst we are still in the FA Cup is just pointless. What Liverpool need to do is assess at the end of the season how the team have done and what if any progress has been made. If it is determined that KD is not making significant progress then you ask him to step down which I am sure he will do. Treat the man with some dignity and remember exactly what he has done for the club.

Can we Just dispell this ******** once and for all, and this isn't just about Kenny this is footballers in general.

They aren't great "servants" to our club, Its not the 70s or 80s any more where footballers were paid what a doctor or a Lawyer might but only for 10 years and so loyal players would be "looked after" and shown respect for not moving on for a "big" signing on fee.

They are Employees of our club Very very very well paid ones, His dignity is his 4 million quid a year and the respect of the player he WAS not a job now if he's not good enough.

Can we Just dispell this ******** once and for all, and this isn't just about Kenny this is footballers in general.

They aren't great "servants" to our club, Its not the 70s or 80s any more where footballers were paid what a doctor or a Lawyer might but only for 10 years and so loyal players would be "looked after" and shown respect for not moving on for a "big" signing on fee.

They are Employees of our club Very very very well paid ones, His dignity is his 4 million quid a year and the respect of the player he WAS not a job now if he's not good enough.

Well said. :D

I think part of the problem has been we have played downing in about 5 positions this season rather then letting him get settled on the left. Pretty sure it doesn't help when Bellamy is in and out of the side, same Carroll then add kuyt

I disagree, KD is someone who has represented Liverpool with dignity and honour on and off the pitch, especially during Hillsborough. Yes they are paid extremely well, but I personally think it does nothing for the reputation of Liverpool to fire someone like KD at this stage in the season.

ERRRRRRMMMMMM

was just no fight from our players.

Thought Gerrard had a shocker.

We made Caldwell look like paolo ****ing maldini.

Why the feck are we playing 1 upfront Vs a bottom 3 side?

The young lads who were given a chance did decent - Only positive i can take from the game.

AND PEPE why does the ball always go through your legs.

kenny saying in his interview we were tired because it was our 3rd game in a week and that hes not gonna risk the kids and end up ruining them when asked about sterling and he moaned about not having enough players in the squad.

make all the excuses in the world LFC should have beaten that wigan team today, they were/are awful.

Our defense hasn't been good at all since we lost Agger, and Spearing was always ok as a short-term fill-in for Lucas but was never going to fill that gap for half a season.

At least we've been scoring some goals, unfortunately we've been letting them in more than usual.

Kenny blaming the lack of squad depth and tired players is pretty laughable though, as it's him that's not rotating.

apparently if the league started Jan 1st. You'd be bottom :D

Not quite - still not the best of stats.

18 - If the Premier League had started on January 1st, Liverpool would be 18th with 8 points (19 QPR 8pts, 20 Wolves 5pts). Hangover.

The really disappointing thing is that the "tiredness" excuse really comes as no surprise. There are times when you simply have to acknowledge that the team hasn't done what was expected of them and it wasn't good enough. Being "tired" is no excuse for Liverpool failing to beat Wigan at home. Never mind being beaten, we were outplayed and out possessed for periods of the game.

In all honesty I'm not sure how much benefit there is in Dalglish leaving now but come to the end of the season he really should be moving on. The next issue then becomes who replaces him and I have some concerns about that too, but at least we can properly address it in the Summer.

I am of the opinion that he should go, but there is no point sacking him now when the season is all but over anyway. Let's see if we can lift that cup in May and then we can part company. It would be fitting end to KD's career at the club if he can leave on a high despite the car crash of our league campaign.

It will do no favours to anyone dumping him now and despite what others say it would be utterly disrespectful to the man himself.

As for going forward. I don't care who it is, as long as they are progressive in their coaching and they are backed with plenty of cash. It's alright buy potential (Henderson, Carroll), but it needs to be backed up with real high quality (not Adam, Downing,). Even though our signings have been poor, we are punching below our weight. The squad should be good enough to challenge that top 4, especially this season with the poor form of others. We are hanging on to a top half finish at the moment by the skin of our teeth.

Just got in now from the game (after staying out).

My God, that was probably the worst performance this side of the decade. I actually now hate Henderson and Downing. The fact these two idiots cost nearly £40 million makes me cry.

Downing never stuck to the left once all game and left big gaps which he could have caused problems. Instead, he stuck centrally, and played it safe; hiding from the game. Speaking of Hiding, Henderson, is a massive joke of a player. How can this man be playing for Liverpool FC? I'd just get rid of them in the summer; even if it's for a small fee. I've no desire to see them in a Liverpool shirt again.

Felt sorry for Suarez and Carroll, no service and there was just no midfield at all and they were all over the place. Getting dominated by Wigan. Haha. No doubt the mastermind of Dalglish himself.

Bright spark was Sterling; who got a massive applause. Done more in his 5 minutes cameo than Henderson and Downing combined that game.

Archived