Football Manager 2011 official announcement

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miles (or indeed anyone who is "Tester" above their username), I'm guessing you've already done hours of testing?

You know the conversation bits with players - do they look less naff over time? They look a bit... I dunno, almost patronising. As long as you get used to them, that'll be fine.

Also, the match engine looks pretty sharp in the video - good work :)

well if this game comes out in october we can maybe expect a demo next month lol. I just hope that u will be able to create international tournaments like an african youth championship and i also hoped they have improved the international side of the game. Oh yeah and the odd violence

do we have to keep the CD in the drive to play without using steam like fm10?( hopefully not)

God i hope not. My computer might just explode if it does. I think i'd pay extra for a version that didn't require the CD in all the time (but installed via CD)

I don't understand this steam stuff.... i'm in two minds to try it, but then again i'm worried i'll complicate things.

I must say that, in my opinion, FM10 was the most playable 'out of the box' version of the whole series up to this point.

Unless like me you were trying to run a large save file on a high end PC which would crash after a couple of matches & wasn't fixed until months after launch.

Once miles gets the 100 million out of his pocket to pay fifa off for the rights we mite get them ;)

Listening to the podcast Miles mentioned some news that is being held back due to a few legal issues that need finalising, I can only hope this will be the return of nations that have been locked out over the past few years.

As for what has been announced so far my only concern is that with all the "improved" & more detailed interaction within the game FM2011 will be painfully slow for clan games.

i'm really lokking forward to this but im hoping there are no more crash dumps. I struggled to get into fm10 as my game would always crash a few seasons in which is a shame because it's a good game. I've had to go back to 09 and 08 so fingers crossed it's playable for me.

I've a question about football agents: why you don't put real agents? Maybe is too late for the research but it could be done easily for the update of the database that will be out with last patch (that usually come out in February/March). In my humble opinion it would be really cool to have the actual real agents for players, with their own temperament and skills, I live in Russia but I'm Italian and I know how people like Mino Raiola (agent of Ibrahimovic, Balotelli...)

Well i dont think that should happen, but it defiantly has room for improvement on the re-gen side of things. Its a little like a dark era of football once you hit the 12 season mark.

Some youngsters take longer to bloom and some start strong but dont go on to become the world beater people think, But its all about finding them. Plus the national teams get way biased towards the leagues that play in.

I think that if Shevchenko retires a new Ukrainian player should appear in a youth team, who will go on to be a similar player. obviously you wouldn't know who it was though. That keeps the game even throughout.

Anyways back to FM11.... can't wait for all these new features to be announced. Love the agents thing, although i'm sure it will frustrate the hell out of me when i play (in a good way)

New training.... wait and see. But i'm sure it will be brilliant.

Can't wait

I don't like the Shevchenko thing, i think it was like that in the past (if memory serves correctly). I like that they changed from that model.

However i think the system is too reliant on reputation and in general too few talents are generated.

I've a question about football agents: why you don't put real agents? Maybe is too late for the research but it could be done easily for the update of the database that will be out with last patch (that usually come out in February/March). In my humble opinion it would be really cool to have the actual real agents for players, with their own temperament and skills, I live in Russia but I'm Italian and I know how people like Mino Raiola (agent of Ibrahimovic, Balotelli...)

I can imagine it being quite the work finding every agent out there and asking everyone of them for permission to use them in the game, then negotiating a price with every agent out there.

I don't like the Shevchenko thing, i think it was like that in the past (if memory serves correctly). I like that they changed from that model.

However i think the system is too reliant on reputation and in general too few talents are generated.

Yeah, what i used to see alot is an international striker who has finishing 12 and stats that more closely resemble a centre back, but yet he worth 22 million, just because he plays for Real Madrid! That doesn't make sense.

I think at least with the Shevchenko example, you get a good spread of nationalities entering the game and some good young prospects. For example i played as Manchester United for 12 seasons and i did not have one youth team graduate that ended up a first choice, either because their stats weren't good enough or they just didn't perform.

Now i understand that not many players come through youth systems these days at the bigger clubs, but there are a few like Flecther, Jonny Evans, Wellbeck etc so i would of expected in 12 seasons to have one especially with a state of the art youth academy.

Now maybe i just got unlucky?.... but the thing was no teams seemed to have a quality youth player. Yeah some were worth alot, but stats sucked and generally just didn't perform.

I love the football manager series, but i get to the 10 season mark with a team, and my interest goes, simply due to the lack of quality around the league. I'd like to see it improved. Its not make or break, but its something that could improve.

If you run a game with no team for 10 seasons, you can't tell me the spread of players and quality is the same as the start.

If you run a game with no team for 10 seasons, you can't tell me the spread of players and quality is the same as the start.

I generally only run a single save per FM release & things have definately improved, my 09 save was over 50 seasons old & there were still plenty of talent spread around the world & in my FM10 save which is nearly 20 seasons old there are also no issues of limited player talent.

• SI Staff
What I think would be a good idea is that SI could contact the creators of the massive face pack and logos pack from susie, when the transfer markets shut, and give them the unique Ids of all the players and clubs in the game so they can get to work making there packs before the release of FM11. This way it'll just be like we have the licences of the leagues we dont have licences for. :thup:

The unique ID numbers in our database don't change between versions unless a player has been deleted and recreated which is very rare.

The unique ID numbers in our database don't change between versions unless a player has been deleted and recreated which is very rare.

Cheers Ter. I suppose that means that most FM logos and faces of FM10 packs should work. That's great. :thup:

I generally only run a single save per FM release & things have definately improved, my 09 save was over 50 seasons old & there were still plenty of talent spread around the world & in my FM10 save which is nearly 20 seasons old there are also no issues of limited player talent.

Maybe i'm doing something wrong. But it certainly seems that way to me. In 08,09 & 10 it has happened to me where the game has run out of steam.

How many leagues do you run at one time. I generally run England, Spain, Italy, Holland, Brazil, Argentina, Portugal & Scotland at the same time, and i find that the quality of the players in top teams and national teams come 12 seasons in are weaker than the in 10 seasons before.

Interesting you don't find the same, because i've never had a long game where i didn't feel it.

Maybe i'm doing something wrong. But it certainly seems that way to me. In 08,09 & 10 it has happened to me where the game has run out of steam.

How many leagues do you run at one time. I generally run England, Spain, Italy, Holland, Brazil, Argentina, Portugal & Scotland at the same time, and i find that the quality of the players in top teams and national teams come 12 seasons in are weaker than the in 10 seasons before.

Interesting you don't find the same, because i've never had a long game where i didn't feel it.

I think there will always be issues with the period in the game when the regens start replacing the real players, unless the regens are absolutely spot on you will always get a few strange squads in this period. Once you get past that and the game becomes entirely regens then things seem fine, since it is all relative.

Ok, I seriously can't help it, I have to post this here!

Any chance of getting an "Assist" column when a news item concerning a player is made? (You know, when the player's face is usually shown on the right, with his average rating, position, and goals).

Would be nice to have :D

Other than that.. Time is passing so slowly. Oh please let it be released in October!! :D

Fingers crossed, I cant wait any longer than that :(

The changes to appear in FM11 sound amazing, especially looking foward to the introduction of agents. As although they have been around for some time I dont think they have been as prominent as they should be.

SI, couple of questions if you don't mind,

1) I've asked on the Korean announcement thread but as of yet didn't get an answer...

Will we be able to get FM on STEAM in South Korea this year (last year it said our territory was not eligible), would be great as it was so tough to digitally download it last year.

2) Will there be many changes / improvements to the text in the game this year? I've recently downloaded the SOK commentary pack and must say the improved commentary has really improved my gaming experience. It's been said before and I couldn't agree more, that for a text based game the text has run a little stale in the last few versions. It surely wouldn't take too much to make a multitude of variations for news items, commentary, interaction etc.... and I genuinely believe it would give the user a much greater and prolonged interest in each version.

One thing i would like to see in this or the next football manager is that with the money you earn as a manager you should be able to use instead of it there and not meaning anythink :)

What you really mean is that you want it to be scrapped? Because then the money would never leave the club's bank account and would be there available to be spent. Realistic? Its a small price to pay for doing well...

And Miles will only get that £100m if people stop pirating the game, we have runaway inflation and there is a bank error in his favour. A few passes of "Go" could help, I suppose.

Hehe. Set up an account in Zimbabwe and withdraw sales proceeds. He'll be a gazillionaire. :)

You'll be able to scoop a loaf of bread for a cool billion dollars.

One thing i would like to see in this or the next football manager is that with the money you earn as a manager you should be able to use instead of it there and not meaning anythink :)

If you haven't just joined these Forums, I'd be really mad at you and told you to go play FIFA Manager.

Welcome to the Forums. :thup:

Was reading another Q&A with miles and it's got me all excited. He mentions that his favourite new feature is one that hasn't been announced yet for legal reasons and that it will be announced as soon as it's passed legal. It involves SI working with another company. I wonder what it could be?

Was reading another Q&A with miles and it's got me all excited. He mentions that his favourite new feature is one that hasn't been announced yet for legal reasons and that it will be announced as soon as it's passed legal. It involves SI working with another company. I wonder what it could be?

Link please? :)

Just throwing it out there, but would it be with Nike? It's on the ball on the cover anyways. But yes, like Fabio said, link please. :)

Will try my best to edit it into this post asap (I am on my iPod touch and copying and pasting is incredibly hard on it)!

Here it is - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-08-11-football-manager-2011-interview

Ive just read the article. Do you think it could be some kind of deal with the Premier League? Maybe German national team. Something along those lines?

Hi to all the team of Sports Interactive, Sorry for my english.

---The physics of the ball when it score in the nets, is more real, when you score a goal ,remains stuck in the net of the

goal box instead of moving inside the goal box, as if it were real, this would give more realism to dial a goal, better

graphics in most real nets, including more diversity in the size of netss, as happened in the FM2009.

---Put the shield on your team in the nets of the goal or on the lawn next to the bench, so that you notice at field where

they play.

---I dont see well what equipment and selection of training at a time, this might seem more real, that the selection was to

train consequence of doing well with the team.

---Being able to be president, and sign or dismiss coaches.

---Missing screens champions when it is league or cup, league cup or cup with the name corresponding your team.

---Incorporate a tactical option for players to make coverage for partners to rise to the attack. Example: if one side goes

up to attack the central band can cover it by the coverage, power tactics page to make the players do.

All these improvements would be well, may I continue to encourage all who componeis Sports Interactive team for you to

continue doing as good as before, a greeting from Barcelona.

Fran.

Ive just read the article. Do you think it could be some kind of deal with the Premier League? Maybe German national team. Something along those lines?

That's what I thought at first but then I remembered that he said it was his favourite new feature and I doubt this would be his favourite new feature. My guess is some kind of massive change to press-conferences or teamtalks.

That's what I thought at first but then I remembered that he said it was his favourite new feature and I doubt this would be his favourite new feature. My guess is some kind of massive change to press-conferences or teamtalks.

Yes but why would he be working with another company just to improve press-conferenced and teamtalks? That is just a case of adding new text. I cant see any need for legalities in that.

My guess is they have done a deal with some kind of company/league to add something into the game. This is why I was thinking maybe the Premier League to include real logo's or whatever else comes with it. Or maybe with the German National Team to include the real squad.

Maybe some kind of Kit Maker program so you can make your own kits and add them to the game. Possibly in conjunction with Nike.

Who knows, but I'd say its more of a cosmetic issue with regards to adding some kind of graphics or use of data than just adding new text. Like I say, why would they be doing deals and signing legal paperwork just to add new lines of text?

Archived