Football Manager 2011 official announcement

I, personally, would love it; absolutely love it if SI get rid of those daft regens! Or at least they should give us an option where we can choose before the start of any game not to have any regens in it.

Players age should stay the same and that’s it! Or at least make them restart their careers all over again as 16-17 years old.

I don’t want any of my favourite players retiring. I buy this game because I want to manage REAL players, not some boring, fake ones.

this is the most mental suggestion I have ever seen on these forums. :confused:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But continuing with the years you can't have the same players with the same age because that's unrealistic.

But fake players SUCK!

What's the point in buying this game as soon as it comes out, then 1 month later, you are playing in year 2040 with all fake players?! You bought the game only 1 month ago and now you're bored? (well i am anyway!) COme on... sort it out SI!

Once the regesn take over, the game dosne't feel like FM for me anymore.

this is the most mental suggestion I have ever seen on these forums. :confused:

What so bloody good with regens for crying out loud? Would you rather have some dude called Jiri Kovac in your team or someone like Leonil Messi?? NO CONTEST!

The game gets better once it only has regens.

Have to say, your comments make me laugh :).

Are you having a laugh? BETTER?!! Why exactly? What's so thrilling about managing players that don't exist?

I'm simply asking for SI to give us a choice, nott o get rid of regen completely. But some just can't stand them!

What so bloody good with regens for crying out loud? Would you rather have some dude called Jiri Kovac in your team or someone like Leonil Messi?? NO CONTEST!

I honestly believe you are in the minority on this one. I've had regens who are better than Messi, I've dropped and sold Messi because a regen has come through who is better than him. The beauty of the game once its at regen stage is that no amount of real world footballing knowledge does you any good, its all about scouting and understanding attributes, making the game more challenging.

You are entitled to your opinion obviously but if you think for one second that SI will bow to your demands then you are seriously deluded.

I agree with DivineOne, great comedy comments.

I honestly believe you are in the minority on this one. I've had regens who are better than Messi, I've dropped and sold Messi because a regen has come through who is better than him. The beauty of the game once its at regen stage is that no amount of real world footballing knowledge does you any good, its all about scouting and understanding attributes, making the game more challenging.

You are entitled to your opinion obviously but if you think for one second that SI will bow to your demands then you are seriously deluded.

I agree with DivineOne, great comedy comments.

No to be honest, I think there's pretty much no chance of it, because i agree that I'm in the minority.

You can laugh all you want, i think those people that like the regens more the the real players.... are.... basicly.... just sados. :D

No to be honest, I think there's pretty much no chance of it, because I agree that I'm in the minority.

You can laugh all you want, I think those people that like the regens more the the real players.... are.... basically.... just saddos. :D

So roughly 99% of FM players then?

No need to thank me for fixing your spelling either.

It makes sense for it to be part of training, particularly as a large part of it is to help your team get used to the tactics that you might be using in your next match, as well as deciding which areas of your teams play is going to be needed to be worked on for that match.

It does make sense. Any clues as to how it works though?

It's something I thought would require a heap of tweaking so I am surprised to see it. Hence all the questions. How do you get "tactical preparation" into the ME?

What's the difference with players that do exist?

Well..... isn't it nice when you watch some Soith American football game on ESPN, and you spot this good player who plays for a Colombian side, then you go and search for him on FM.......... and you find a "gem"?

World football is full of gems that we would proabably never get to manage because they'd dissapper after a while.

Or maybe, if your favourite striker is Lisandro Lopez, and you want to make him the best striker in the world EVER (!!!) by scoring bags of goals for you, ending up the top goalscorer for 20 seasons running?? Then finally when you get bored of him, you sell him and buy your other favourite striker, say Luis Fabiano, and try to make him better than the previous one(s)??

You can say that their ability players a part of them achieving or not achieving it, but I once has Chamak in my team, I played the teams' tactics to his strengths....... and he managed to get me 60 odd goals in 50 odd matches. And everyone know Chamck is not exactly world class.

But fake players SUCK!

What's the point in buying this game as soon as it comes out, then 1 month later, you are playing in year 2040 with all fake players?! You bought the game only 1 month ago and now you're bored? (well i am anyway!) COme on... sort it out SI!

Once the regesn take over, the game dosne't feel like FM for me anymore.

If you are getting to 2040 in a month you should try a new approach as you will be missing most of the good stuff in the game.

Personally it can take me upto one month real time to complete a season.

I just wanted to write the same. It depends on the type of season I'm in - be it a rebuilding year, a year with a serious chance for promotion, a year with European competitions or any other year where the club is only mid-table - but I'm spending between 10 and 20 hours per season. Even with my quickest seasons when there's no big challenge, no big competition or I'm in no need of new players, that would take me at least 13 hours each day for a whole month to get to year 2040. Since that's not humanly possible, I can only guess that you're missing out on quite a few game features or maybe you are holidaying all the games.

That was just an example....... don't know how long it would normally take for the game to be completley flooded with regens, simply because i find myself starting a new game as soon as they become regular. I want to carry on with my record... that's why regens are no good for me.

No to be honest, I think there's pretty much no chance of it, because i agree that I'm in the minority.

You can laugh all you want, i think those people that like the regens more the the real players.... are.... basicly.... just sados. :D

I agree with edgar, you just basically said that most of the people on these forums are sados, like me :(

Here's what I think about the issue: young super-stars like Lionel Messi, Pato, Agüero or Fàbregas will be in the game for the next 10 years. While it is "only" 10 seasons for you, it is also an average of 150 playing hours for me and that takes me two or three weeks to play next to work. In comparison with many many other games that's a very sweet deal, certainly better than any shooter games that can only survive due to their multiplayer modes and not the atrociously short single player campaigns.

Once you've accompanied your favorite players to their retirements, you can always start a new game and search for new challenges. Why don't you start out with a mid-table club in one of Europe's top leagues and try sign your dream-squad before they retire? If you have them all, then get the best out of them before they retire by trying for a triple or something like that. Honestly, there's so much you can do within the confines of FM that re-starting the game and playing different scenarios shouldn't become too repetitive.

I love the regens. I still remember some of my regens from FM08 and FM09. I had this guy Marios Pouros. A regen striker from Cyprus. He was great and every time in FM10 I'm struggling to score goals I think "man, if I just had Pouros".

Sad to say there are some names I forgot, but I used to build master sides with regens. I used to love them. I would buy them at a young age and keep them with me their whole career. Its one of the reasons I stay on a club for long periods.

nothing better than finding the next messi..anyways say for instance i take rhyl from the welsh leagu and win a few champs leagues, as my league rep moves higher does it affect the national team? so will wales benefit from my success?

I think as your league rep goes up, more money becomes available to clubs. The major clubs will, or at least should, upgrade their youth and training facilities to the best possible. As the youth facilities improve, better Welsh regens start to appear. This then helps the Welsh national team gain more talent.

With my last post, it just occured to me that the youth and training facilities should decay over time. I don't know if it happens already but its not realistic that once you upgrade to a level 20 training facility in 2011 that its still at level 20 in 2020.

With my last post, it just occured to me that the youth and training facilities should decay over time. I don't know if it happens already but its not realistic that once you upgrade to a level 20 training facility in 2011 that its still at level 20 in 2020.

They already do decay over time :)

OMG!!!!!111 It's the grammar police!

Just when you thought being a regular on computer game's forum isn't geeky enough!!

The deterioration of the English language saddens me greatly.

I'm not going to take this any further, GD has garnered me enough infractions as it is thanks very much. You have a problem with me then PM me.

Looking forward to the new enhancements to the game .. and happy to see that the stadiums and spectators don't look like something they took out of an 80s C-64 manager game ;)

I hope you improve on replies to requests ... such as if I want my youngster to go to one of my feeder clubs and he denies. Why did he deny it ... or why doesn't he see any benefit in being tutored by one of my experienced guys etc.

It would also be great if transfer targets tell the press after they signed, why he chose Crystal Palace, over bids from Watford, Plymouth and Bristol City .. was it money? .. was it because his brother players there? .. was it because he admires the manager? .. what?

... I really like the idea of dynamic league reputation, as it is not like that is a static in the real world.

Not the white skin! Not the white skin!

I'm melting. I'm melting. WHY SI, WHY?

All seriousness, I liked the dynamic league bit, but the real question is. What SI did to Press Conferences? That is the real question. Are they gone or revamped?

Thank you Miles! These are Fantastic Features and i'm looking towards FM 2011!

Now iv'e got a question which is not about the features but about the game generally:

Will be an hebrew version? Anyway i'd like to know how many copies of FM 2010 were roughly sold in Israel.

Will be thankful to the answers!

Not the white skin! Not the white skin!

I'm melting. I'm melting. WHY SI, WHY?

All seriousness, I liked the dynamic league bit, but the real question is. What SI did to Press Conferences? That is the real question. Are they gone or revamped?

That is hardly the real question. Dynamic league rep is something Fmers have been looking after for decades. I'm more than satisfied for a couple of versions.

"Dynamic League Reputation - a new feature meaning as teams get stronger and perform better on a continental level, the league they play in will also get stronger, attracting more players to want to play in the league and a more accurate modelling of the changing face of world football."

LOVE this! Actually makes the Icelandic league worth playing!

The deterioration of the English language saddens me greatly.

I'm not going to take this any further, GD has garnered me enough infractions as it is thanks very much. You have a problem with me then PM me.

Eh? You're the one who needlessley started getting obnoxious. Won't be wasting my time on you.

You don't help yourself by calling someone else a donkey, no need for name calling, whether it's in reaction to being called a name yourself or not. But anyway, the fact is that your suggestion will NEVER (and I mean NEVER EVER EVER) be implemented. It'd be boring and pointless. You'd do 20 years or however long, and then you'd have all the players being back aged 17 or whatever, and starting all over again, yes you'd be further in terms of years, but it'd be the same players over and over, and they'd all stay at the same teams, they'd all still be really good/really bad/whatever, and there'd be absolutely NO challenge whatsoever as you'd know who's good, who's bad, they'd always be that way, etc etc etc. It'd basically be like putting a song on repeat. Pointless I'm afraid. Sorry.

Regarding the dynamic league reputation, does that also mean dynamic UEFA coefficients? Meaning, the distribution of Champions League and Europa League spots may change based on the ranks of the coefficients?

Also, will the MLS include the latest new teams? ie. Philadelphia, Vancouver, Portland...

Regarding the dynamic league reputation, does that also mean dynamic UEFA coefficients? Meaning, the distribution of Champions League and Europa League spots may change based on the ranks of the coefficients?

This already happens in FM10.

ohh btw one thing that really ****ed me off the otehr day which I would really love to see, and it would be a very simple add on, patch-able I should imagine. I was playing a match, loosing 2 nil. In the last 30 minutes I changed my formation to a 4-2-5, with two AM-wingers and three strikers. and that worked surprisingly well, (up 3 goals). Now I've been hunting left and right, and i cant seem to find anywhere that tells me my formation at the END of the match, it only ever shows my starting formation. would it be possible to add a panel/window/filter/ etc which can show you your final formation at the end of the game. I've been wanting to replicate it but for the love of me I cant remember what I had the three strikers set as. 1 poacher and 2 trequarts? or 1 trequar, 1 poacher and 1 deep? I really cant remember :(. tried lookign at the replays but that only shows me the players I was using in what position.

Will the release date be the same in Australia as England?

(Just wondering if to get it pre-owned in England and get it sent over if theres a difference).

I actually cannot wait for FM11, just made my day watching the video and seen the new additions, specially the dynamic Reputation!

Hopefully you cant change a league within a few years, for example turning the Finnish league from 1 star into 5 within 8years or w/e, I hope its quite long winded.

I also hope theres more of a deal about things when u win leagues/cups, maybe ability to see the players celebrate at the end on the pitch (Ceremony)?

More detail is needed within winning trophies 2bh.

Great work guys this fm is looking so sweet, and nice video miles great job,

I like the shirt u had on right at the beginning if you don't mind me asking could you tell me where you got if from please.

Dynamic League Reputation

Now that is something iv been waiting for for ages nice one, and revamped training sweet

I must say this one is looking awesome :-)

Archived