Football Manager 2011 official announcement

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All true. I still can't believe FM relies so much on reputation.

Oh well, you can't have it all, can you?

Thanks. Oh yeah these games are so complex and with one a year i'm just hoping it might be in FM12 or FM13 if it doesn't improve in FM11.

I'll buy the game whatever, its just some of the cooler feature like Dynamic League Reputation is set up for 20-30 season games and i'm saying that i probably wont get the benefit of that amazing feature, as i find the game doesn't age well in terms of regens.

Its a small problem in a wonderful game.

Just got finished listening to the podcast.... and i think some people are smoking something funny! Chelsea 5th?:D

I have a question from reading the pc gamer article where Miles mentions about dealing with the ''wrong kind of agents''- will you be able to ask a player to change his agent, maybe recommend one that you prefer dealing with and tell him that you wont sign him if he is still represented by his current agent?

If he wants to join your club/respects you maybe he would and if he did dump his agent would the agent then hate you and would this affect future transfers?

The amount of stuff SI can't seem to do beause of legal issues!

They probably have their own, better, no-legit, version of the game :p

They press control-alt-F2 or something and suddenly they're controlling the star man from a first person persepective, and then the game turns into an uber-realistic FPS...

• SI Staff

Sorry for the delay in replying to the last couple of pages - it's been a very busy weekend and day!

Listening to the podcast Miles mentioned some news that is being held back due to a few legal issues that need finalising, I can only hope this will be the return of nations that have been locked out over the past few years.

It won't be - they are locked out due for all the reasons others have given on this thread (although Konami don't have an exclusive on the J-League license as was mentioned, but there are other reasons (legal and otherwise) why we don't get that license).

I've a question about football agents: why you don't put real agents? Maybe is too late for the research but it could be done easily for the update of the database that will be out with last patch (that usually come out in February/March). In my humble opinion it would be really cool to have the actual real agents for players, with their own temperament and skills, I live in Russia but I'm Italian and I know how people like Mino Raiola (agent of Ibrahimovic, Balotelli...)

Research, cost, licensing issues, and we wouldn't be able to have any "difficult" agents if they were all real. The route we've chosen is the best one possible.

training is still the same !!! only the interface has changed...

Not true at all.

SI, couple of questions if you don't mind,

1) I've asked on the Korean announcement thread but as of yet didn't get an answer...

Will we be able to get FM on STEAM in South Korea this year (last year it said our territory was not eligible), would be great as it was so tough to digitally download it last year.

I don't know the answer to that - maybe someone from SEGA who is reading this can answer?

Ive just read the article. Do you think it could be some kind of deal with the Premier League? Maybe German national team. Something along those lines?

Nope.

The possibilities, in random order:

- implementation of real Japanese league and players

- implementation of real German national team

- Premier League logos and pictures

- kit maker with Nike

- having sponsorships with real companies, including kits and the possibility of having a real stadium named after a company (eg. Nike Stadium)

- something else? :)

The last one is accurate.

I have a question from reading the pc gamer article where Miles mentions about dealing with the ''wrong kind of agents''- will you be able to ask a player to change his agent, maybe recommend one that you prefer dealing with and tell him that you wont sign him if he is still represented by his current agent?

If he wants to join your club/respects you maybe he would and if he did dump his agent would the agent then hate you and would this affect future transfers?

You can't ask a player to change agent, no. Not this year, anyway.

And one final nugget - we're trying to find a way to be allowed to have variable prize money/tv money in the leagues that don't have it currently (as was discussed a few pages back) based on feedback here and elsewhere, mainly because we agree that it should be possible. Will update when there is more info, which could be days, but could also be weeks...

• SI Staff
Cheers for the reply Miles. I'll keep brainstorming then until those legal issues are solved and you can tell us that fantastic feature. :)

It'll likely disappoint. It might be my favourite feature, but is something that won't change anything in the actual game, or be used by everyone.

Can you answer my question from a few pages back Miles? Whenever you can, here it is :)

Will dynamic league reputation affect regens as well? My point being, if a nation becomes a high reputation one through a couple of decades of titles and good international appearances, will it mean the regens will be of a higher ability themselves? It only makes sense, but i don't know if it will be implemented in this next, amazing and exciting FM2011.

Saludos!

C

Guest El Payaso

What I would like to know is one thing: how has the match engine changed. That's because IMO the FM 10's match engine really doesn't look like real football at all. Since FM 07 you have improved passing and intelligence of attacking players and complete forgotten the true beauty of defending in football. Well organized defending like Hodgson's Fulham and McLeish's Birmingham have in real life just is not included in FM's match engine. Players like Essien and Fletcher almost always perform well for their teams but in FM they have rating of 6,8 or 6,9 unless they score goals or get assists. Any changes for this, if not, You have just lost one loyal customer.

No offence.

I hoping that they've sorted the confidence update where the board say how disappointed they are at losing the second leg of a knockout tie when you've already got through over the two legs and even won the whole tournament! :(

Totally agree Harry. My only gripe with the game ( other than dynamic league reputation which is now fixed ) is the board and fan confidence. Fan responses to match results have been poor a lot of the time. Losing 1-0 away to Liverpool in the FA Cup 3rd round when managing Southport in the BSN is not a bad result. Of course the fans wouldn't be happy to lose, but they may be very happy with the performance against a far superior team. Please also do away with x played poorly y should have played instead..completely useless feature.

Miles - will we have a feature to question the boards uncertainty over your position when you have previously peformed miracles with the club ?

Looks fb

Can we expect to see it raining every single game though? It hasn't affected me this year as I've been in 2D classic but I will be using 3D next year due to the great improvement in graphics, I just don't want to see a dark, wet day each game

And we need more snow...

Had it once in about 12 years on my villa save

I'd love to be able to use the 3D mode but don't because if its instability due to the memory leak - I hope this has been fixed for the next game. I like to run a lot of leagues in a world career and built a gaming PC for this specific purpose, so I generally use a lot of memory during games.

Guys, Im really proud of being a consumer of SI. But when I saw the changes for FM11 I started to cry. But my tears were not tears of pain and suffering, were tears of pure happines!! Dynamic league reputation!! Snif snif. This year would be outstanding.

I'm more interested to hear that there will be very little bugs :)

I read that SI went as far back as FM06 to try and tackle the bugs and work they're way through to FM10. I haven't read anywhere what has happened with this or how far they have gotten.

Anyway, I'm not overly impressed with the new match engine - only 100 extra animations. It's hardly going to blow my mind away. I love the contract negotiations now and the interactions with players.

This version will seem so much more realistic - at long last.

I'm just hoping when more is announced that the news items and press conference questions have been re-vamped because they are soooo boring now.

Legal issues stopping announcement of Miles favourite feature. I reckon it's Prozone in FM2011! How good would that be?! We already have the chalkboards (but I hardly use them) improvements in that area would be massive!

I don't think so, on the podcast Miles talked quite effusively about the improvements to the chalkboards.

Maybe Konami will finally let Japanese league and players be in FM11? Really wishful thinking on my part... :p

The possibilities, in random order:

- implementation of real Japanese league and players

- implementation of real German national team

- Premier League logos and pictures

- kit maker with Nike

- having sponsorships with real companies, including kits and the possibility of having a real stadium named after a company (eg. Nike Stadium)

- something else? :)

Legal issues, legal issues and more legal issues with your requests. Plus lots of money to get real players from Japan and Germany included. I honestly can't see any of that happening. I would like to see it though, don't get me wrong.

Good luck with this release! Still enjoying FM10 tho so I think I will give FM11 a miss and enjoy the more pronounced improvements in FM12 (final patch 3 for that one probably released in Feb 2012, so long away!)

Hope all purchasers enjoy the new version - let's all try and be patient with the bugs. There will be some. There's a lot of code floating about.

Maybe it's stadium related - there seems to have been plenty of work done on themn, so maybe a stadium editor and/or some real life stadiums?

I'm pretty sure Miles already sure real life stadium weren't going to be in the game this time. And I highly doubt there will be a stadium editor in, as it's not the manager's job to actually build stadiums.

I'm pretty sure Miles already sure real life stadium weren't going to be in the game this time. And I highly doubt there will be a stadium editor in, as it's not the manager's job to actually build stadiums.

But it is the purchaser's job to watch all the 3D matches! Would be good to have the option under the table like we have with the other graphical features. Im sure folk on these forums could whip up some amazing looking stadia within a day of release!

Not exluded what Blanco said. As I posted earlier in this thread, I read here on Forums in June, that we will have more control over the stadiums in FM11.

What i dont understand with the bugs are dont miles and the team from si play and test the game before they go selling and distributing a bug infested game i just dont understand. Dont they play the game before the sell it. Can someone please answer my question im confused.

It doesn't have to be in-game though, could be in the editor etc. IMO it would be amazing with either a really good stadium editor or by making the stadiums moddable, it could really help improve the atmosphere a lot.

What i dont understand with the bugs are dont miles and the team from si play and test the game before they go selling and distributing a bug infested game i just dont understand. Dont they play the game before the sell it. Can someone please answer my question im confused.

No they don't bother, they just put it out and hope for the best.

No they don't bother, they just put it out and hope for the best.

:D

Just to avoid confusion, yes, there are various stages of in-house and external testing before a game is released. The whole testing procedure is quite a bit more complicated than it sounds, and to be honest, if the game was tested to the point where it was bug-free it would probably never get released.

Can you answer my question from a few pages back Miles? Whenever you can, here it is :)

Will dynamic league reputation affect regens as well? My point being, if a nation becomes a high reputation one through a couple of decades of titles and good international appearances, will it mean the regens will be of a higher ability themselves? It only makes sense, but i don't know if it will be implemented in this next, amazing and exciting FM2011.

Saludos!

C

Well i think if you have the best training and young camp for your clubs better regens will come

Legal issues, legal issues and more legal issues with your requests. Plus lots of money to get real players from Japan and Germany included. I honestly can't see any of that happening. I would like to see it though, don't get me wrong.

Well Miles did say it had to pass legal. I was just giving ideas of anything that could pass legal... :p

Hello!

I always dream that I can be chairman in FM. I mean something like in fifa manager. Maybe developers can create something like chairman mode. When you will be playing for some years by only one club you can start in election for a new club director or you can buy small club using money which you earn in bigger clubs.

or in public limited companys you can buy shares and when you have it enough you can take control on a club or in club like barcelona you can be elected by supporters. Next thing is that we have money earn in clubs but we can't spend it it's unrealistic if you want that this game was realistic you should give to our in-game avatars some ability to take more control about our virtual life and clubs.

Hello!

I always dream that I can be chairman in FM. I mean something like in fifa manager. Maybe developers can create something like chairman mode. When you will be playing for some years by only one club you can start in election for a new club director or you can buy small club using money which you earn in bigger clubs.

or in public limited companys you can buy shares and when you have it enough you can take control on a club or in club like barcelona you can be elected by supporters. Next thing is that we have money earn in clubs but we can't spend it it's unrealistic if you want that this game was realistic you should give to our in-game avatars some ability to take more control about our virtual life and clubs.

Dream on.

Welcome to the Forums. :thup:

Hello!

wait "Football Chairman"

welcome

Does the new training set up include the option to tell a player to improve a specific part of his game? Like for example heading, left foot? Or telling him stuff like to stay behind trainging and practice freekicks?

Surprised this feature hasn't been included before.

Does the new training set up include the option to tell a player to improve a specific part of his game? Like for example heading, left foot? Or telling him stuff like to stay behind trainging and practice freekicks?

Certainly sounds like it:

There are also more basic training schedules for players, and 14 different individual skill areas that you can focus your players on.

Yes it includes this, I've seen it a screenshot :thup:

Certainly sounds like it:

Yes, it does.

But will training finally be explained by SI? Why the big secret?

As things stand now you need a complex and illogical line of thinking, many times, in order to set up a good training schedule. And even this comes from experimentation and pure guess work.

If the actuall mechanics are not properly explained to us, what's the use?

Archived