New Forum Skin - Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy mother. This is a mess.

Where's the drop down thing at the bottom of threads to go back to the Forum's thread page? Now I have to scroll all the way up to go back to the main page. The damn link is right at the top, a long way to scroll.

Where's the "Last page" link for threads with pages and pages of posts? Now we just have a stupid number.

The fonts are so small, it's so hard to read. Not to mention the colour scheme (Bright blue on white?!)

The smileys are different, they look so sissy. :thdn:

Our PMs are gone. Deleted. :mad:

I could go on....

Can I just say it took me an age to find the quick reply box because of all the whiteness. The font is so small in the quick reply box. Where on earth has just the boldness for moderators gone? What happened to the decent smileys? What is with all this wasted space? This is going to take the pages longer to load now. I will carry my rant on later once my eyes recover from all this whiteness :mad:

You always expect things to IMPROVE not the OPPOSITE.

This is terrible, and u call this a SKIN? LOL or maybe not, maybe it's for crying out loud !

At least give people the option to choose, choose from a variety of skins, I mean REAL SKINS, or at least the option to choose the old style, the style that so many people got used to, this all white is TERRIBLE !

Can I just say it took me an age to find the quick reply box because of all the whiteness. The font is so small in the quick reply box. Where on earth has just the boldness for moderators gone? What happened to the decent smileys? What is with all this wasted space? This is going to take the pages longer to load now. I will carry my rant on later once my eyes recover from all this whiteness :mad:
It feels a bit 'in your face'.

It is thin but still crammed. Feels awkward.

Exactly! :thup:

There are too many drama llamas about. It's been what, half an hour, and you're already asking for it be changed back? ... The light it hurts my eyes

im certainly not asking for a rollback, we're here for feedback right? :)

alternative colouring would certainly help make it easier to read...the white burns my eyes on my Dell monitor (known problem lol)

• Administrators

It's weird but before this change I never realised how many websites use a fixed width. Go to somewhere like Facebook, Twitter or even the TFL website and they're all fixed width too.

Not to my liking i'm afraid. I think John Smith has a good point in his link below too. The photos look awful running into the margins.

Has anyone seen posts with pics such as this?

Basically the photos are running way out into the margins and gives an unbalanced look.

I'll stop here. The white is killing me.

Just found a bug. If I click on the number of posts in a thread to get the list of posters, then click on the number to get a list of that person's posts, I get a list of threads started by that person instead of a list of posts by that person in that thread.

I hope that makes sense.

I fully understand the need for updates on forum software. However, I think some things need to be altered a bit.

1. The white. Come on. I know white is white, but a forum doesn't need to be this much white.

2. Too much space-waste. The 2 darkgrey columns at each side could easily be minimized and the space allocated for each forum user name etc could also be smaller.

3. Its nearly impossible to see which threads that you have posted in. That green 'check' icon could be made bigger.

It's weird but before this change I never realised how many websites use a fixed width. Go to somewhere like Facebook, Twitter or even the TFL website and they're all fixed width too.

That is one of the things I really don't like about Facebook :(

When I'm on my User CP page, if I click 'go to last post' on a thread, it takes me to the first post for some reason. Anyone else having this problem? :confused:

Yes, the same happenes to me. :thdn:

I just hope that FM11 won't be as terrible as this new look is. :(

Oh, wait...nothing can't get bad as this look. :rolleyes:

It's actually so bad that I probably won't use the forum as much as I used to. It's really frustrating. Slow, blocky, bulky, too bright. It's actually hard work to navigate, hard work to read posts and load up threads etc. I hate the margins as well. In short, it looks bloody awful! :thdn:

It's actually so bad that I probably won't use the forum as much as I used to. It's really frustrating. Slow, blocky, bulky, too bright. It's actually hard work to navigate, hard work to read posts and load up threads etc. I hate the margins as well. In short, it looks bloody awful! :thdn:

I absolutely second this! :thup:

exactly!

I seriously think I'm not going to use the forum in any way, maybe log in every couple of days just to see if things have changed.

Is it so hard to change it to how it was???!

This is not a forum you could use in the dead of night.. the whiteness of the background would melt yer eyes!! the colour scheme used blends too much .you've got white, paler white, light blue and a heavier blue. i feel this needs to be more bolder, more clear cut to should where things begin and end!

I think the poll in OTF says it all. Epic FAIL here. This will put a lot of users off from using this forum from now on I think. Either that or stock up on Anadin Extra before you log in. You'll need it for the headaches.

Formatting-wise, I would call this look unfortunate.

I'm sitting here at my desk trying to find a display font that won't run a longer thread title into the page jumps at the top of each thread, and those of us who post tables on our corner of the forum are going to have to reformat and repost a lot of our work if we don't happen to choose Courier New as our display font.

I also can't see my logout link at the top since there seems to be a line break that drops it into the white space that I can't find or alter through my sizing options in my browser. Firefox doesn't seem to like this very much.

Perhaps some of the issues generated on this thread will be fixable through workarounds, but one thing that can't be changed is the white background. My eyes aren't what they used to be and at my age, I'm looking for something a bit easier on them since I spend so much time keeping my young ones in line in FMS :D

Awful change. Looks like a cheap blog.

This forum skin is more likely to discourage content than encourage it. There was nothing wrong with the old one from my point of view, other than perhaps a lack of sub forums in Tactical and Training Tips.

I don't imagine it is going to be much fun wrestling with this tiny interface when trying to post guides or start tactical discussions.

Major thumbs down from me.

Nail on the head. A big shame, this was a fun place to debate football.

Archived