Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

unsure if this has been said.

I would like to see more interaction with player over transfer.

For example some one comes bid for your start player in december, i would like to be able to refuse but tell him i'll sell him at the end of the year (this would then go into his "was promised"

i don't think this is in the game now.

On the fixture list page a row with a number indicate what match number that is of the year.

eg. when managing Man Utd you play nearly 70 games and it's kinda nice to know what game number current you are on. To help distribute the number of games for fringe players or help rest key players.

Originally posted by Cookie Boy:

Also, since I'm on a roll, Player Instructions.

Why can't the instructions be specific to a PLAYER and not a POSITION

Example: Gerrard and Sissoko are quite different players, but they could play the same position whether due to a substitution or injury, but you obviously don't want Sissoko playing anything like Gerrard!

If the instruction was attributed to 'Gerrard' rather than 'Centre Midfield' then that would easily solve the problem. If the player is sold or retires, you could use it as a template for anyone new or just delete it.

We have been asking for this for year (I kid you not!), but SI are not listening for some reason.

Well me i would like contract option like a club can add a year on cause its in the contract, be good for old players or young you don't know how good they are so you offer 1 year with an option of a year.they would have same wage but another year added on and where players can have a one year option aswell.(basically a 'one year option' should be included for good purposes)other manager games have it and it be great to have it to yout addition.

International youth camps would be great idea aswell because you could claim free young talents around the country for your youth camp which your camps scout's have spotted, i think this would be a great addition because it would work really well for your affilate clubs in near future for work permit reasons.

it be nice to bring back the chairman stats where you can see what sort of person he is.(it could be like player masking wher unkown chairmens you cant see the stats)

be nice for managers,players etc going on your fav personal list.

I think theres a lot of good ideas

i think the idea of training set peices is a good idea as it happens in football all the time.

also giving your subs a teamtalk is another good idea and something that happens in football all the time.

Cookie Boy

Amateur

Posted 24 October 2007 19:39 Hide PostReply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post

This has probably been posted but they need to get the AI to understand what a negotiation is. Example:

I want Richards.

Man City want £28 million

I offer £25 million, and leave it as 'negotiable'

Man City come back asking for £39 million + clauses?!?

and repeat...

This is very annoying!

i think this needs to be sorted out cause it annoys me to

another thing that really annoys me in the game is the value of players. i think so many players are over priced in the game and you have to pay ridiculus amount of money to buy them

and selling average players for a reasonable price is also very difficult. for example if i wanted to sell pennant for like 6-7 milloion i dont think it should be that difficlut as most good teams in the premiership would want to buy him for that price but if i was to put him on the transfer list clubs would mostly bid half his value or less and i dont think this happens in football one way i think this you can overcome this is to be able to tell players to look for a new club. the players can then say to the manager that these clubs are willing to pay this for teh player and then you can negotiate with these teams. i hope this makes sense

there should be more interaction with the fans of your club.for instance just before a really important game issue a rallying call to the fans to really get behind the team. if attendances are dropping off,question the fans commitment as to whether they want a successful team,and if they do then theyre going to have to support the team in greater numbers,you could also approach the board to reduce ticket prices to make this happen.

I'd like to see some really basic stuff

1) Overhaul of the transfer system to reality. Negotiation means 'try and meet me half way' not up your price!

2) Set player instructions for players, not positions. For example Player Instructions for 'Gerrard, Steven' not AMC or RM.

Also Player Instructions for players not starting or in the match day squad so when they are used, they're used to their strengths. For example, the player instructions for Xabi Alonso are very different to the instructions for Momo Sissoko but they play the same position.

3) Hot keys to switch between formations during the game

4) More options when talking with your player.

5) When a player requests a transfer and you grant it, he then comes back and pesters you every 20 seconds saying he wants to stay.

6) Telling your player who you want him to mark from the opposition (what happened to that?).

7) When a team keeps asking how much you want for a player and you have an asking price set!

8) Players request a transfer. You oblige. They then don't want one but you want them to go because you're used to them not playing. This may be a bug, but the players keep asking and asking and asking etc to come off the transfer list. This happens every time I reject them and press continue

I didn't take the time to read through all the 32 pages, so many (maybe even all) of these have probably already said.

1) Like Cookie Boy said in the previous post, it would be important for us to save our own pre-set player instructions. Now when you sub Beckham type of player to Robinho who is more of a dribbler, you have to change so many sliders every time. By letting us save our own pre-sets (and "unlimited" number of those!) all this would be eliminated.

2) More options in to tactics screen. For example you could instruct your wingbacks not overlap, to overlap all the time or overlap some times. (Just like with TTB.)

3) Instructing your strikers to

a) come down to meet the ball

b) go forward and try to find space behind the opposition defenders.

This could be done with a tick-box.

4) Instruct your (wide)players to cut in / stay near the sideline / mixed. This way you could instruct your wingers to go to the box while your fullbacks would provide width. This can be done to some extent now, but it is a hazzle and not clear for many players how to do that.

5) Players would learn PPMs while playing. For example if you have MC in your team and you set him to shoot from distance and he plays in your team for example 3-4 years, I would guess that the player would naturally try more long shots even if the would swap teams. This could also mean that by setting your MR to cut-in regurarily, with time he would adopt the Cuts inside - PPM. Of course this would depend on players potential and the fact that does he like you or not.

6) Shooting charts. Plain and simple, add a view to match stats where you can see where your team has shoot and where the ball has went. Simply an 2D pitch with red X (and the number of the player who shot) marks shot wide/over the goal and green O marks a shot that resulted to a goal. This way you could analyze that you concede a lot of goals from outside of the box and you have to do something about the issue. Even better if you could see "still image" or a screenie type of picture of the situation so you would see where your players were on the current moment. (By hovering your mouse over the X's and O's the image would change.)

7) Passing charts. By selecting a player you could see where he has tried to pass and with what success. This would help you to analyze for example your playmaking.

8) Training revamp. Divide the training to more spesific sections like passing, shooting, one-on-one situations, set-pieces, off the ball movement, defensive movement and so on. Of cource training eg one-on-one situations would improve the dribbling skills and technique and a little bit of first touch too while defensive movement would improve the tactical discipline and positioning of players and so on. Of course this would mean the tactics section would be more complex than it is now, but hardcore fans would appreciate an approach of this kind. The newbies could just use the default settings for different positions.

9) Improved mentoring: players would not always "copy" the mentors PPMs because really, isn't that a little bit stupid? If Guti argues with the referee, would the player being tutored really start bashing them too? In some cases of course, but every time? I don't think so. Also while selecting a tutor for a player it would be good if you could see the personalities of players available in the drop-down menu because currently you either have to remember who would be suitable or always check it and then make a decision.

10) Improved player interaction: you could point to player what he has done right and where he needs to improve. For example you could say to Gilardino that you are pleased with his efforts but you hope that he would be more consistant and improve his teamplay.

11) More options in team talks. Maybe it's not necessary to add the options, but increase the AVAILABLE options. For example if you are winning by 2 goals you could still encourage players, now you just have to settle for being pleased.

12) Talks to sub players: when taking a substitution you could say something to the player coming on, eg no pressure, I expect you to deliver etc.

I do realise that many of these would make the game more complex (of course it would be great to be able to delegate some of the things to assman), but I think that SI has to decide whether they are the egg or the chicken. They can't fully please the casual player and the hardcore fans with the same product, because for one of those groups the game is too simple/complex. If SI tries to be in the middle, then both groups are unhappy.

I would like to see more 'events' on the pitch. Things such as;

1) When you win a very important match, the subs and staff run onto the pitch to embrace the triumphant players. Only major finals obviously. This isn't likely to happen away to Barnsley.

2) Players NOT celebrating after scoring against one of their favoured clubs. I had Paul Wotton for Norwich City, and despite being born in Plymouth and playing for his entire career, and having them as his favoured club, after he scored a free-kick against them for Norwich he 'kissed his (Norwich City) badge and thumped the air'. Unlikely.

3) When scoring away, players running over to the away fans (I don't actually want to SEE the fans, just have them run over one point of the pitch._

4) Flair players doing over the top celebrations, such as messing with the corner flag or even jumping into the crowd.

I don't want these every game or anything, but once in a while would be neat.

One of the things I would like to find in fm2009 is about "locations". In real life, players from lower leagues play at home clubs, don't go abroad to earn 50£ p/w. So they can go to a club in their home city or maybe 10-20 kms away, not too far. A system of UTM coordinates for each club and players location / birthplace will tell if a player is interested to go to a club for little money. Also mature players will be more likely to play in a club near their birth place.

So, a player would be likely to play in a club if:

-It's located at his birthplace or quite near.

-It's located near his current team's place.

What happens if you want to hire a non-local player? If he is playing for youngsters, you may have a place to grow up all these boys (hall of residence?), and pay for it as a whole. If he is not really young, or maybe more ambitious, or you have offered him a contract with first team, you will have 3 options:

1- Offer nothing to him. He will demand more money, specially if going abroad.

2- Locate a home for gun and pay each week for this.

3- Buy a home for him (bad, normal or good). he will be happiest, but could be quite expensive. Only for players to stay years at club and/or very big teams.

maybe this option is not needed; if a player is non-local, he just could demand more wages (minimum 100£ p/w, best plyers maybe 20,000£ p/w), and don't trouble with homes.

This will make the game more accurate, and clubs will make more inteligent and coherent with their hirings. What do you think?

1) I'd like the ability to have trial days where local players get a run-out. Then you can sign those you deem good enough. As there isn't really a lot of scouting going on in RL LL clubs, this could be an alternative to scouting at the lower levels. If that is hard to implement (where to draw the line?) it could be an addition to regular scouting as it works today. This would be a great addition for proper LLM gaming.

2) Different scout reports. All attributes should be hidden for players that are not famous. You shouldn't be able to see attributes unless you have heavily scouted the guy. Scout reports would be more along the lines of "X is quick. X has good shooting. X has good movement in the box. X is not a good header. X is physically weak" etc. This would be more in line with actual RL scout reports. The attributes will naturally stay in the game, it will just demand more heavy scouting to reveal them all. After eg 3-5 scout reports on the same player, you will know all the attributes. This will depend on how good the scout is.

3) More statistics in the game, and career-long statistics. Eg pass completion ratio for the entire career.

4) Trophy cabinet for the manager! Divided up by each club (s)he's managed. This has been wanted for many versions and is easy to implement. Please do so icon_smile.gif

5) Let the AssMan deal with the press. After a while I get very tired of the whole procedure, and just hit random answers or do the Wenger routine "I didn't zee it" or "no comment".

6) Individual comments to players that doesn't get leaked to the press. "Hey poof, you were utter **** today! Improve or lose the spot". "Well done lad, but you can do better". "Awesome match! KUTGW". "You're in my long-term plans so work well in training and you'll get to play a few". And many others.

7) Actual transfer and wage negotiations. If you meet the requirements the guy shouldn't demand more.

That's what I came up with now, off the top of my head (and some inspired by recent debate).

Originally posted by Pangaea:

1) I'd like the ability to have trial days where local players get a run-out. Then you can sign those you deem good enough. As there isn't really a lot of scouting going on in RL LL clubs, this could be an alternative to scouting at the lower levels. If that is hard to implement (where to draw the line?) it could be an addition to regular scouting as it works today. This would be a great addition for proper LLM gaming.

2) Different scout reports. All attributes should be hidden for players that are not famous. You shouldn't be able to see attributes unless you have heavily scouted the guy. Scout reports would be more along the lines of "X is quick. X has good shooting. X has good movement in the box. X is not a good header. X is physically weak" etc. This would be more in line with actual RL scout reports. The attributes will naturally stay in the game, it will just demand more heavy scouting to reveal them all. After eg 3-5 scout reports on the same player, you will know all the attributes. This will depend on how good the scout is.

Agree with these 2.

I would like a feature when you first take over a club the news thing come up with a box much like the captaincy and budget item's to assign the person who will look after your reserve and youth teams and whether they renew contracts so you can sort it there rather than it being self set and almost hiding it in the Manager options section. Of course keep that so if it needs to be changed so be it. You could also have reaction from that e.g. coach a is really pleased you have given him such responsibility or coach b hopes this is a stepping stone to future management etc.

Support for goal scoring goalkeepers - they do exist, and it's impossible to track them.

An end to the punishment for not picking the 'grail' tactics - 03/04 was the best release in all the interations of this series, because so many approaches could work - this version (and 07 tbh) were a joke in this department.

Firstly and most inportantly, get the match engine working from the off, without need for continuous patching. FM2008 is already a great game, enough options, but the match engine needs more reliability.

What i'd like to see additionally is to set a squad status for players in the first team that's "allow player to play in reserve games".

I have about 20 players in my first team, between 2 and 6 rarely play (depending on injuries). I'd like them to take part in reserve games to keep match fitness, but can't be arsed to micromanage moving them to the reserves on weekly basis.

With the new board confidence, your goals for each competition should be taken into account. As the manager, I should be able to tell the board that I expect to win the Premiership, make it to the quarterfinals of Champions League. I'd also expect to be able to tell the board that I plan on giving fringe and youth player's first team experience in cup games.

When we are first starting the game or starting a new job, instead of the board asking for just our goal in the league, they ask for all the competitions.

Net transfer spend: an aesthetically displeasing term in the financial presentation.

OK, some may consider this a trifle matter but I think it deserves mentioning: the net transfer spend item. The current model has been used for years: Net transfer spend is an expense account, hence expenses will show up as a positive figure and income as a negative one.

Why not relabel the account "Net transfer income"? That way expenses would show up as negative figures.

I know, I know! It's a minor thing but it would be extremely easy to remedy, pleasing even the most nitpicky individuals...

3 things I would like to see:

1-managers able to take training sessions, espically important for smaller clubs where you quite often only have an Assist M and 1 coach.

2-Manager stats either random gen or allow so many points for distribution by gamer

3-Allow gamer to be player/manager again stats as above, ob. would have no control of proformance on pitch but would be fun having to drop yourself when you play rubbish

one simple addition - manager for managin national teams recieve money and ability to spend earned money in some way (like buiyng/co-ownership of (low div) club , pumping money back to current club...etc.

And more advanced atraining - ability to choice in new screen new position to learn for players, currently it is painfuly and time consuming to give everY player "request" to learn new position.

and third - please, please send mesage to yoz when player finishes leqrning new position (acomplished level).

and latest - for forum - make please seperate forum for suggestions, leve general discusion alone. This will realy help for looking/comenting new ideas.

Updated youth-system!

Instead of just giving us 6-8 youngster each season on random, give us a list with 20-25 names and then let me as manager choose which ones i want.

The assistant manager would give a report on each player (of course not accurate).

Youth-schools in other countries would be nice too!

Similar to the feeder clubs. And that will add 2-3 more players to the list of FREDs every season from that country.

I find it tedious having to spend time changing every single players asking price in my squad.

Why not have an squad overview with the option of changing asking prices for your players. Preferably in the Transfer overview, it make the most sense afterall!

I have a few wishes, and I apologise if any of these are already present, I just couldn't be bothered to trawl through 32 pages!!!

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>I would like to see the option of more clauses for players... I often hear about clubs who have an "option for an extra year". IMO it should be possible to insert this into a player's contract. Also, offering a player first team football, say "you will play in >80% of matches or you will be able to leave for £x", or, if you aren't in Europe (as a European club, obviously!), "you will be able to leave for a club in European competition for £x". I'm not sure how people feel about this, but I'm pretty bored of the bog-standard clauses now...

<LI> I would like an option to delete scout reports after a certain time period. If I'm correct, they expire after one year... but if I look on my scout's reports and see Joe Bloggs Min. A.P. as £1m, then bid only to find that he's already moved, it gets on my wick. I would like to be able to make scout reports disappear after two or three months, say. (set it on a sliding scale?)

<LI> The option of setting you, the manager's, favoured staff. I know it's a little thing, but you should be able to pick who your favourite players and staff are, even if it has minimal effect in-game. Same with clubs.

<LI> The option to send a player to a work permit regulations feeder club (or whatever they're called) "until he qualifies for nationality" Obviously, after then, it's his choice as to whether he takes the nationality, but it saves the manager having to resend a player each year.

<LI> Negotiations for players. Once a club sets a price, it's a pain when it suddenly increases because you aren't willing to match every single part of the offer. e.g. If I try and sign a player for £2m, they negotiate to £3m + 40% next transfer, and I offer £3m + 20%, all of a sudden they now want £3.8m + 45%. Very annoying!

I think that's all for now. If I think of any more I'll add them.

I knew there was another one! If a club's in financial trouble, having the option to ask the club's staff (both playing and non-playing) to take a wage cut (again, sliding-scale thing) to help ease the financial worries. Obv. not all would do it, but people whose favourite club it is might, as well as others. Of course, there should be ramifications, such as upset towards those who don't take the pay cut.....

I would like an option to delete scout reports after a certain time period. If I'm correct, they expire after one year... but if I look on my scout's reports and see Joe Bloggs Min. A.P. as £1m, then bid only to find that he's already moved, it gets on my wick. I would like to be able to make scout reports disappear after two or three months, say. (set it on a sliding scale?)

R click on the players name in the scouting reports and you can choose to delete all his scouting records.

What i'd like to see additionally is to set a squad status for players in the first team that's "allow player to play in reserve games".

I have about 20 players in my first team, between 2 and 6 rarely play (depending on injuries). I'd like them to take part in reserve games to keep match fitness, but can't be arsed to micromanage moving them to the reserves on weekly basis.

FML has a nice feature which allows you to "include" players in any squad. e.g. You have First team, Reserves and Youth team in their respective squads and you R click on a player to include him in a different squad.

He then shows and can be selected for both squads.

A bit more difficult for FM as you don't actually select the Reserves and Youth normally.

I believe you should be able to without managing their matches, as a manager in real life would of course have a big say in selection for the other squads, especially if he wanted first team subs kept fit or injured players to be returned to match fitness.

Originally posted by Kriss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I would like an option to delete scout reports after a certain time period. If I'm correct, they expire after one year... but if I look on my scout's reports and see Joe Bloggs Min. A.P. as £1m, then bid only to find that he's already moved, it gets on my wick. I would like to be able to make scout reports disappear after two or three months, say. (set it on a sliding scale?)

R click on the players name in the scouting reports and you can choose to delete all his scouting records. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understand that, but doing that for every player gets tedious very quickly! And I know I can delete one scout's reports, but some of them may be only a few days old, and therefore worth keeping, if you follow me? It's basically just that I'm lazy!

One of the things I would like to find in fm2009 is about "locations". In real life, players from lower leagues play at home clubs, don't go abroad to earn 50£ p/w. So they can go to a club in their home city or maybe 10-20 kms away, not too far. A system of UTM coordinates for each club and players location / birthplace will tell if a player is interested to go to a club for little money. Also mature players will be more likely to play in a club near their birth place.

When you transfer lower league players they will now sometimes choose the club bidding for them which is closest to home, giving the reason that the other club although bigger is further away.

I understand that, but doing that for every player gets tedious very quickly! And I know I can delete one scout's reports, but some of them may be only a few days old, and therefore worth keeping, if you follow me? It's basically just that I'm lazy!

Create a new shortlist and add the players to it that you want to keep listed then delete the report.

Alternatively hire a secretary you lazy sod icon_biggrin.gif

1) When you win a very important match, the subs and staff run onto the pitch to embrace the triumphant players. Only major finals obviously. This isn't likely to happen away to Barnsley.

Occurred to me only a couple of days ago that the subs don't even twitch when you score, they should react of course.

Came up with couple ones:

How about the ability to SEE the defensive line in the tactics screen? I mean that a concrete line would show up in the tactics screen to represent where on the pitch this is. This would help the manager to better analyze how the team is responding. Of course it could (/should) not be "the one and only truth" but should give an impression where it stands. This would also help the newbies so that they should not have to guess what which slider does. Because this is still a bit of grey area for experienced players too!

Also, could it be possible to see "closing down zones" in the tactics screen? Like for example if you play 4-4-2 the players dots would be in the center of the zone and then there would be a radius which would show the area where that particular player closes down opponents. Of course, the further the slider is in the right (eg more closing down) the bigger the radius would be. This would be just to show when players will begin closing down and make it in a visual way. Again, this would help the people playing the game understand it better. The radiuses shown would be "default" and then the players individual attributes would determine if he would really close down in that area (eg. difference between Gattuso and Ronaldinho who is more likely not to close down while Gattuso will charge the opponent).

Originally posted by Jeztah:

Came up with couple ones:

How about the ability to SEE the defensive line in the tactics screen? I mean that a concrete line would show up in the tactics screen to represent where on the pitch this is. This would help the manager to better analyze how the team is responding. Of course it could (/should) not be "the one and only truth" but should give an impression where it stands. This would also help the newbies so that they should not have to guess what which slider does. Because this is still a bit of grey area for experienced players too!

Also, could it be possible to see "closing down zones" in the tactics screen? Like for example if you play 4-4-2 the players dots would be in the center of the zone and then there would be a radius which would show the area where that particular player closes down opponents. Of course, the further the slider is in the right (eg more closing down) the bigger the radius would be. This would be just to show when players will begin closing down and make it in a visual way. Again, this would help the people playing the game understand it better. The radiuses shown would be "default" and then the players individual attributes would determine if he would really close down in that area (eg. difference between Gattuso and Ronaldinho who is more likely not to close down while Gattuso will charge the opponent).

I really like both suggestions, they could be shown on the positions screen.

The closing down one obviously much harder to implement.

Football Manager Tycoon 2009

Regarding the finance part of the game here is my 2,4 cents with an example.

Burghausen club starts the season in Germany’s 3rd Division South with a +400k balance, adequate facilities + youth academy and a 12000 (4000 seated) really old stadium.

The player is then asked about the players/wage budget to choose from. Good, lets keep that.

However when he clicks on the Board to ask for either an upgrade of facilities or to expand the stadium, the choices will be accompanied by values. These values would give an estimation so that the player gets a bearing of the impact to the club’s financials before he proceeds. So an upgrade of the said stadium would read that the stadium would be ready in 2 yrs and that payment options are as follows :

a) around 30mil. payable in 8yrs (312K/month) [i guess this option would exist for filthy rich clubs icon_wink.gif]

b) around 40 mil. payable in 15yrs (220K/month)

c) around 55 mil. payable in 30yrs (150K/month)

Similar options will be present for the upgrade of the facilities.

Clicking on one of the options the Board would then have to decide whether to accept, deny or counter-propose.

The Board should be obliged to deny if the club is debt ridden or if the avg. attendances of the past 2 yrs are less than 70% the existing capacity. So I guess that no one will be able to ask for it before he is tested as a manager for some time.

As a second thought I would love to see a 4th choice to renovate the stadium. That would cost considerably less, with a minimal effect on capacity but with a much larger effect on match day income and increased price of tickets.

Back on our choices, I guess that if the Burghausen Board went for the first option they should first request the manager (me) to change the 5yr plan to something like “expect the Championship and the EURO Cup and may be the CL…â€. icon_eek.gif Yet if they went for my proposed 3rd option the game should have (internally) calculated the following:

- how much the Board loves the Club to funnel extra money of its own for the plans

- how much the Board would consider healthy to borrow

- how much the Board would expect to receive from state grants for the expansion. (After all a team that plays in the European Cups should have an appropriate stadium. I believe there are FIFA rules that don’t allow my derelict 2nd WW stadium to play any such games).

To answer the issues above lets have the following:

- The Club’s president loves the Club and is not even dreaming of leaving. (Which means that we get 1 vote of approval).

- His, internal to the game, financial statement reads that he is valued at 8 million. I guess that this is rich for a 3rd division German team president. Good but not enough for large scale development. (Which means that we get another 0,5 vote).

- A random factor decides how much the state is willing to support any development plan this year (from 0-50% with priorities to poorer clubs and smaller scale investments)

So make the Board ask for a State grant to cover part of the investment. Let’s say that we receive a news flash that we are allowed to build a 55 mil. stadium, 50% covered by 30yrs bank loan, 30% by state grants and 20% own participation paid in X yrs (where X is the no of years of the game plan agreed initially with the Board) and are given a deadline to respond to the finance ministry.

Calculate… calculate….calculate…11mil own money in 5yrs+150K/month for the next 30yrs. Sounds feasible.

In game, the Board would tell me that they are ready to cash in lets say 5mil to start up the project, as long as I manage to get the other 6mil from the 5yr plan. Given that at the moment the whole team is valued around 400k it is certainly not a small feat to achieve. However I pop open a Champaign and say YES. icon_biggrin.gif

From then on, at the end of each season if there is a profit it will be redirected to the investment piggybank reducing my promised contribution. I know that if I don’t pull this one through after 5 yrs I shall be unemployed with a negative financial trait to follow my fledgling career. And that follows even if I quit early the club’s bandwagon.

On another front, I would love to see a greater integration between the team and the local community that comes as implemented by the SimCity 4 cartoon advisors.

Have my PR advisor give me options to participate in city events, select the fun days, visit orphanages, fund the mayor’s election campaign, give interviews to local/regional/national press, go on a world tour, etc. From these the Club would gain “fame points†equalled to higher ticket sales, higher state grants, better players appearing in the youth academy, increased loyalty for existing players etc.

The “fame meter†could of course point down if the in game results don’t justify the expectations.

My Finance manager would come forward with opportunities to earn FM$$ through concerts held at the stadium, shops build on the Club’s property, rent of parking lot space etc.

The Board’s secretary would hold the options to purchase property (for future expansion, new stadium, additional facilities etc.), to improve facilities (under soil heating, better lighting/sound installation, better turf, VIPs facilities, journalists facilities, etc.)

As a side note I shouldn’t be able to build a 100.000 capacity stadium in a village/town/city icon_confused.gif, but I should be able to always build a 15.000 capacity one, just to be eligible for the European competitions.

Similarly, a team that has to play for a competition where such rules apply, should play these games in the closer alternative – and pay a rent- if its own stadium doesn’t meet the standards.

Please show some pictures. It would be nice to have a picture from the Board room where a mini image of the stadium and its facilities rests upon a table and you can pan around and zoom in. There will be a trophy shelf and portraits of the favored personnel/best players.

Sorry for the long post...they came altogether icon_rolleyes.gif

I would like to see a more complete data of the youth systems. Especially in Spain, currently a lot of prospects are missing from the game.

It'll be nice if more younger players could be included in the game. Also with the proper youth system ranks.(Instead of just "B Team", "C Team"......)

First of all: I haven't read all 32 pages and don't intend to do neither - so pardon me if this idea already has been forwarded:

A nice and useful feature would be to make it possible to ask your board for an youth academy aboard - e.g. in Africa, Asia or X, you get the idea...

I would like to see more african leagues in the game. You have stong domestic leagues out there like Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt & Nigeria.

I dont think it is fair that you only have 1 playable league from such a big continent like africa.

Please feel free to shoot me down in flames if people think this is a bad idea or if it can't be done.

I would like to see an option whereby you can tell a player/coach that you would like them to revert to playing duties only without having to offer them a new contract to do so. On top of this, maybe random events whereby the player decides he does not want to be a coach and would prefer to 'concentrate on his playing duties' would be a nice feature.

A prime example of this in the real world that I can think of that is fairly recent is Gary Speed reverting from his player/coach role at Bolton to purely a player.

It just seems a bit silly that you have to go through the whole contract process to do this at the moment. Does anyone agree? Sorry if this idea has been repeated before but I am fairly new to these forums.

Guest MattJasina

the best things to add to the game in the future would actually be:

-Improving lisencing rights, there are so many leagues in the world so what is wrong about that?

-Choosing what needs to be upgraded.I work at a club and I think that instead of just saying upgrade facilities you should be able to say you want new goals for the training ground.

-improve the Youth System, very important

Not really had time to read all 32 pages so heer's my thoughts (mainly graphical to add to the realism):

- Benches on bottom of screen instead of top so you see the game from the managers perspective. In addition actually have you there on the bench with say 'M' where you usually have the number. Obviously if you click mouse on it your name comes up just like the players. You could even go one step futher by clicking yourself on the bench to bring up a range of options, tactics? Encourage/critise players during the game? Substitutions? Instead of it being from a seperate menu.

- Pitch wear, maybe a budget from the groundman? At the moment the pitches look unrealistic with mud baths in August if it rains and perfect pitches during January and February. It would be a nice touch to start with a perfect pitch each season and it degenerate during the course of the season dependant on weather and how much money you allocate your groundsman. Footballing sides will want a good suface so a manager in real life would request that, vise versa for teams who maybe expect to struggle and want to make conditions difficult.

- Like to see a bit of crowd around the pitch, prodominently (sp?) the home colours with a small section for away support (the players could run there if the away side scores). Not sure how easy or hard that would be to impliment but an idea.

Guest MattJasina

Make International matches being played to be at a different stadium depending on the type of match, as Poland would play big matches at Stadion Slaski and smaller matches at GKS Belchatow's stadium or at other stadiums like Wisla Krakow or Lech Poznan

Wow, so many posts already.

My 2 cents:

1) No obvious game breaking bugs.

2) More realistic transfer.

- When negotiating for their player, they should either stay at the pre-set price or actually come down. It makes no sense to increase their price!

- When bidding for my player, AI should not just throw the towel in if I increase my price. AI should know what is the market price of a similar player and be willing to pay that. When Market price >>>> Player valuation and the AI requires market prices but will only bid player valuation, we have a massive problem.

3) Mentioned above, but per player instructions would be a massive improvement. When I have Beckham and C.Ronaldo, both used as RM, there is no way they should have the same player instruction. It is just not realistic to have player instruction confined to the position rather than the player.

4) AI should stop cheating?

- Reduce the number of games you draw/lose when you outshoot the AI 30 - 1.

- Don't let the AI know the CA/PA of players. Make them scout, and make them use the same information we receive from the scout.

- Make AI follow the same transfer budget. I've noticed that teams with tiny transfer budget (when you control them) will suddenly make mega-buck signing when controlled by the AI. I could be mistaken but that impression did appear for me.

5) More media interactions. Having media interaction is a great idea, but only if I have more than 5 choices for team talk, manager interactions, etc.

- Add more options

- Add more occasions for commenting

6) Do not ask me if an event is a foul or not. I cannot tell if a circle fouled another circle. Unless the game provides me with enough information to make a decision, do not ask me. This "feature" is only highlighting the shortcomings of the 2D pitch engine (my only complaint of the 2D engine).

7) More sounds - team specific chants would be nice

8) Mentioned above which I also think is a great idea:

- Shooting charts

- Passing charts

9) Seasonal statistics. After a match, these is considerable amount of information. If there is a way we can track those information over the course of a season, and over the course of a player's career would be cool. I guess it will increase the size of a save file, so perhaps make it optional to turn it on/off?

10) Keep a record of the year-end table for every year? I am unable to find where I can view the full table from last year / year before. If you play a dynasty, it would be interesting to have a record of how each of the seasons went for yourself and other teams.

11) Winning World Cups/EURO/Player of the Year/Champions League/League should all increase the player's valuation.

- Eg. If C.Ronaldo is worth 30M prior to awards night, if he wins, his worth should shoots up.

In this series, I often think the players themselves are not rewarded for winning/recognition.

12) Have players understand the relative importance of the various tournaments. I rested a my starting XI for the Carlington Cup and they get upset - well morale went down. That won't happen IRL.

Have a player interaction option of "Next game's not important, take a rest"? Resting in this game requires the players to be fatigued before he is happy to be rested. I just want him to rest for unimportant games.

Originally posted by shrekiejai:

Wow, so many posts already.

My 2 cents:

1) No obvious game breaking bugs. every game has bugs anyway i dont think SI put bugs in deliberatly

2) More realistic transfer.

- When negotiating for their player, they should either stay at the pre-set price or actually come down. It makes no sense to increase their price!

- When bidding for my player, AI should not just throw the towel in if I increase my price. AI should know what is the market price of a similar player and be willing to pay that. When Market price >>>> Player valuation and the AI requires market prices but will only bid player valuation, we have a massive problem. maybe they dont want to sell the player so keep the value high to put you off

3) Mentioned above, but per player instructions would be a massive improvement. When I have Beckham and C.Ronaldo, both used as RM, there is no way they should have the same player instruction. It is just not realistic to have player instruction confined to the position rather than the player. yes

4) AI should stop cheating? AI doesnt cheat so stopped reading there, it would make no sense for SI to make the AI cheat

- Reduce the number of games you draw/lose when you outshoot the AI 30 - 1.

- Don't let the AI know the CA/PA of players. Make them scout, and make them use the same information we receive from the scout.

- Make AI follow the same transfer budget. I've noticed that teams with tiny transfer budget (when you control them) will suddenly make mega-buck signing when controlled by the AI. I could be mistaken but that impression did appear for me.

5) More media interactions. Having media interaction is a great idea, but only if I have more than 5 choices for team talk, manager interactions, etc. big fat yes

- Add more options

- Add more occasions for commenting

6) Do not ask me if an event is a foul or not. I cannot tell if a circle fouled another circle. Unless the game provides me with enough information to make a decision, do not ask me. This "feature" is only highlighting the shortcomings of the 2D pitch engine (my only complaint of the 2D engine). betetr commentary text, yes

7) More sounds - team specific chants would be nice yes for more sounds, team chants will cause licence problems

8) Mentioned above which I also think is a great idea: more stats, yes

- Shooting charts

- Passing charts

9) Seasonal statistics. After a match, these is considerable amount of information. If there is a way we can track those information over the course of a season, and over the course of a player's career would be cool. I guess it will increase the size of a save file, so perhaps make it optional to turn it on/off? yes

10) Keep a record of the year-end table for every year? I am unable to find where I can view the full table from last year / year before. If you play a dynasty, it would be interesting to have a record of how each of the seasons went for yourself and other teams. you click on the league then on the right corner theres a drop down of the year

11) Winning World Cups/EURO/Player of the Year/Champions League/League should all increase the player's valuation.

- Eg. If C.Ronaldo is worth 30M prior to awards night, if he wins, his worth should shoots up.

In this series, I often think the players themselves are not rewarded for winning/recognition.

12) Have players understand the relative importance of the various tournaments. I rested a my starting XI for the Carlington Cup and they get upset - well morale went down. That won't happen IRL.

Have a player interaction option of "Next game's not important, take a rest"? Resting in this game requires the players to be fatigued before he is happy to be rested. I just want him to rest for unimportant games.

I'd like to see some additions to the squad views, such as a squad general happiness view to see what all my squad are thinking at a glance.

I'd also like to see some colour coding option introduced so players on certain team status have there names coloured to identify what they are set to. Would be helpful when viewing different views that are not contract related.

Oh and some more tactical analysis tools such tactical overlay graphics to indicate runs, defensive line, dribbles etc.

Archived