Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

I think recieveing a knighthood is an amazing idea!

I think also that there needs to be a stadium revamp. Because stadiums are becoming a more and more popular thing to do in the world of football, i reckon SI should go into more detail about expanding a stadium. I reckon that when you want to expand the stadium, the tactics screen instead of being tactics should turn into a blue print plan of your current stadium and on the left hand side (where the players names would usually be) is the options you have in expanding and what those options look like with details of them of how much they cost etc.

I also think that the media comments need a complete and utter revamp as they are boring and predictible as always. There needs to be at elast 1000 different media comments so that they are not the same ones all the time and after 2 years you know exactly how to answer them. Instead they should create at least 1000 different comments, let them go through one by one and then randomly select them after all of the original comments have been selected this way it means that you dont know or remember the comments so its like being asked a new question every time, like in real life where you dont know the best answer.

I also think that maybe scenario's should be introduced into the game. As it can, after a while, get very boring and even though this seems extreme, allegations of rape, drug taking, fights etc are always being thrown about in the press and in some cases are actual events, a prime example of this is Joey Barton. So even though it seems unrealistic and extreme, managers in real life are having to deal with these scenario's i mean look at Hughes who now plays for Oldham, he did a hit and run when he was at West Brom! No scenario is ever unrealistic.

I also think another good factor would be pitch invasions or streekers coming onto the pitch, ok it is not meant to happen and can disrupt the flow of the game but it happens, and if SI want to make this game the most realistic football management game ever then they are going to have to include this feature.

I reckon that you, as a manager, should have some sort of a say in kits. Managers in real life dont design the kits, obviously, but do ahve a say in what the final design is and go over it with the designers and chairman etc. Therefore i reckon that in FM09 you should have the option of e.g. 4 different designs for your new kit and you have a 'recommendation' on which one you prefer. Making the game more business like i know but managers are becoming more business like as the years go on and so are football clubs too. So i reckon SI will need to recognise this and take a more business approach with some aspects of the game.

Finally, i reckon you should be able to create an empire like business with your club doing things such as e.g. build youth programmes/facilities in other countries like how Man City are in Thailand. This will then create a bigger empire for them to challenge the top four, which will add to the realism of the game. Another example would be Chelsea who have even brought out a dvd called 'Blue Revolution' which is showing us how they are building their own empire and a winning football team as a result.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like this features in Football manager 2009:1)That bigger teams/countries can beat smaller teams/countries with bigger difference it may not be strictly bigger team but it must be in winning form.

2)I would like that I dont have to set up tactics to win a game because i set up best tactic and my team loses it should be what players do you have and if they are not tired and if their morale is high they should win.

3)Maybe worst part of the game is nations(team managers dont call up best players in the nation setup)many players dont evee play for nation that you put in i think that should be fixed and one thing i would like that in editor i can set up which players should play for nation.But that wouldnt be necessary if you make better AI.

4)I would like that goalkeeper dont stand on goal like a statue,i would like that he throws in different directions that he dowsnt stand on one spot.

5)If you would make 3D players and pitch i would like that you make players detailed as much as you can and i think that you have great potential if i say in football language,i would like that players have gloves,neck warmers,in the winter,that i can see captain armband and that it looks great or if you make 2D like now Ii would like that you make detailed smaller leagues because croatian,and other small leagues arent detailed as they should be I love to play with smaller leagues because they offer much competition and like many people would like that they look better and realistic.

6)I dont like when some goalkeeper who has attributes 10 is great as for example buffon and casillas all players who get in penalty box should score a goal if they have chance goal is big enough that players can pick side where they will shoot and they never score a goal through goalkeepers legs and they should be.

7)I would like that you fix that when player gets kicked or released from the club they shouldnt stay long time without club because all players must have some club that is interested for them.If player can not find the club they should accept offer of his mother club or retire.

8)When some player scores a goal there should be written that "stadium exploded" i mean that supporters are happy and that should be on derbies like when rivals are playing also in the match there should be sounded drums and realistic supporters chant to make atmosphere form the stadium.

9)Any player should make forward run in front of goalkeeper and score or cross the keeper if there are no players after him or they are far.

10)Big clubs should appoint big names(trainers)that have played for that club or made big career in or out the country,or players with big results(they have made far with small club) or they are talented.

11)I would like black or white skin with black or white fonts because it is best.(cameleon skin was superb from FM 2006)

12)I would like that clubs like Atletico Bibao buys Basque players,that clubs like Dinamo and Hajduk dont buy serbian players and from Serbia Crvena Zvezda and Partizan dont buy croatian players.I newer saw that Asian players play in some South American club because they only buy South American Players.

Thank You.

how about a shortlist for staff?? takes a fair while at the startof the game to go through and get the coaches you want, especially if you have to keep typing their names in and searching for them. why not have a shortlist, as we do for players, that we can add them all onto and save, then theyre there for each game. also helps if we see a decent member of staff but for some reason we cant hire them at that exact moment, rather than looking for them again, we can add them to the list!

Hello everybody.

Just side note. Burying this thread where I only when I started a thread about this. Really nice... Sorry for my comment, but I feel lack of respect to the fans of FM community. That is what i feel. So I putting exactly when I started my thread, since there should have at least different threads for separate games. Sorry for bashing.

I'm creating this thread not to be another thread to bash Football manager 2008 and how isn't playable and that sort.

I'm the few people that played FM08 but in overall didn't like it much and return to FM07. I seen in this forums a lot of people complaining about the FM08 and all and this seems to have some clashes between the people who enjoy it. So this is thread to give the people at sigames (that probably they are working on FM09)

So I will have it a go:

1- I will like the substitution should return to the stop the match and not be on going like it is on FM08. Or at least give it option for people to decide if they want on going or stop the match.

2 - An improvement is needed on transfers, because in real time there must always be people interested buying the players that the clubs wish to sell. (exemple: On my FM08 and FM07 in my chelsea game i tried to sell shevchenko for a 1 million or 500k and there is no one interested, come it is shevchenko some club must be interested, but i simply don't like the player).

3 - It is little exaggerated when clubs want to buy your players it has what he values or they will not continue to pursue buying the player. While we the gamers if we want to buy a good player we need to put an extra million to buy him and this seems to be the way in every player.

4 - I never tried coaching national team on FM08, but I know it has been incorporated in FM08, but some scouts would be nice to search for players to play on their national teams.

5 - Affiliated clubs. Well this needs to be improved. Most of us (players and fans), need to say that we don't have a top of the line computer where we can choose every league. I personally always choose between to three or four leagues (with all of their respective leagues on) and when i choose an affiliated club I intend to choose a club that is on those leagues are working to see the progress of my players and their stats. So again an option for us to choose whose league (nation) we want for the club to find an affiliate.

6 - The clock on match day, should be fluent (showing the seconds) on faster speeds and not like on FM08 that only passes the minutes.

7 - The editor should have an creation of leagues instead of people replacing existing leagues. Or at least the option to create a reserve or B league. Also an option on the editor to increase the number of clubs on league (i play a lot on portuguese league (Bwin Liga)and one of the things i extremelly critic is that the bwin liga should have at least 20 teams. So place an option (an idiot guide to help people to do it correctly or an automatic thing (like if a person chooses that he or she wants 20 teams on Bwin Liga (Portugal), then the first season goes as normal as it comes original and on the second season with the promotions instead of only 2 relegated and 2 teams be promoted like it is Bwin Liga and Liga Vitalis respectively, it does like 2 teams relegated and 6 teams promoted.

8 - Player pictures and their personal stats should return like it was on FM07, with slight alteration: put the pictures of the players 180x140.

9 - The logos are a mess on FM08. I mean that you choose for a logo and since the normal and huge logos out there are 180x180, the game resizes the logos. Which I thought was cool, but that seems to exchange from skin from skin and that will make the logos or smaller or larger (the code in this part should be more friendly). I suggest you choose a dimension and stick with it. My suggestion: Small 20x20; Normal 120x120; Huge 180x180. Same goes for the pictures above, because a lot of people transport their graphics from previous games into new ones.

10 - Make a new skin like the Flexion. The skin for FM08, most people hate it, me included.

11 - Well I personally feel that fmf files hurt the creators of skins, kits, logos and so on. I don't see what exactly the advantage to encode this files. Like it was said here is to prevent from people to screw up with the game files. Then put an idiot guide that everything (graphics, leagues and so on) is to be put on the folder on my documents. Put it on the installation (when the game is installing give this information there) a lot of games do it that way.

12 - The options buttons that should be like FM07. What i mean is regarding of selling the player you have to see the proposal (i don't like the view offer, refusal bottuns on the news).

13 - The structure of showing the transfer of players and stuff should be review. In my opinion the FM07 was more intuitive, but that could be slightly improved and more friendly.

14 - I'm like for my assistant manager to do something on my game so I give him to be in charge of team talk and training reserves or B and sub-18 teams of my club. But i choose for him to do it I don't need to see what he says.Once a player chooses that AM does the team talk doesn't need to show up, period. If person wishes to do the team talk that he unclick that same option.

15 - Drop the news about transfers. News is News and that should appear and stay on the news. Also side note: when i buy a player on Fm07 and it happen once on FM08, it seems to warn me sometimes that he has refused the contract or the club declined the bid.

16 - The staff states needs to be improved. On FM08 on SL Benfica (their staff is simply rubbish) and in reallity is not so, well there must be few not so go coaches, but all of them?

17 - When purposing new contracts to staff it seems they all say it would take larger contract to accept the contract. I think it is little to farfetched. Incorporate what you had on FM07 and improve it little.

18 - When you ask your Assistant Manager a team report the category should return to FM07, but some improvements Best Players in 1st/2nd XI, Weakest Players in 1st/2nd XI, Potential Stars (here it seams to disappear the players and always should have some one independently how bad he is).

That is what I thought for now. So put your input here to show the people in Sigames what do we expect of Football Manager to be more memorable at each passing year.

Well I posted this in its own thread last night, but was told that I should put it here... I'm gonna copy/paste it here, and add two more suggestions I wanted to add this morning.

-------

Has ANY information besides the inclusion of new african leagues (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_Manager_2009) been given about 2009 yet? With 2008 so unplayable (even if patched, many of the issues are considered WAD) i'd like to know if the series is actually gonna be going anywhere. Don't get me wrong - its still lightyears ahead of championship manager.... but that doesn't mean they shouldnt be improving the game- 2008 is more of a downgrade from 2007, especially when you consider how much slower it is- It shouldnt take middle of the road (3 gigs of ram) computer 4 Real Life days to play till 2011 from 2008.

In any case the point of this thread is less to complain, but to find out whats being planned for next years version. Here are some things I'd personally like to see.

1.) More lower leagues - include the Norweigen 3rd division, Unibond/British Gas/Ryman, etc. -- Nothing is more fun than to take a team from the bottom all the way to the top. I'm not saying go all the way down to Bristol Downs, but a few levels deeper in more leagues would definatly help.

2.) The ability to add and remove leagues from the game dynamicly (perhaps at a set point durring the year) - this is actually VITAL to keeping the series interesting. You don't always know what league your going to want to play in 10 game years down the line- as it stands in 2008, if you want to manage a team in China, and China wasn't selected when you started the game, than you have to start over and lose all your stats, and all the work you've done (which when you consider how long even a single season takes in 2008 would be a huge loss)

3.) no more "virtual" players -- all players need to be kept track of, and be recruitable. They don't have to be updated constantly like those in the main leagues at the time, but maybe once or twice a year update them.

4.) Stats should be on a bigger scale. What I mean by this is the maximum number for any attribute should be higher than 20 - maybe 100 or more. The difference between a top tier player and some 15 year old kid who can barely play is a lot more than 20 times the difference, and as it is now when your around the middle of the table theres no where really to go but to the really good or really bad players which have a huge difference between them- VERY unrealistic.

5.) A faster pace- more information should be done in the backround. Nothings more frustrating than spending an hour working on tactics only to have to wait 10 mins for a turn to finish immidatly afterwards. The game doesn't have to take every variable into account either, execpt for the league your currently playing in - It can randomize some information, and do lots of other tricks

6.) It needs to feel more like a game and less like an interactive spreadsheet. Give the game some music, use more graphics to represent stuff.

7.) An actual tutorial would be nice that explains stuff to people who don't know the sport as well as the average joe. Explain stuff like what a Playmaker and a Target Man is. Explain how to get the most out of your team, and how to adjust your tactics to the level you want.

8.) Make the game easier to get into by giving the player more "broad" ways of doing things. Stuff like "auto-complete" buttons for setting corner takers, etc. would be real nice. Its a real pain to have to adjust this stuff every time I get a new player.

9.) Give the AI more intelligence when it comes to players and teams. For example a newly promoted team should have a better chance of recruiting players than a team in the league they just left, but less of a chance than teams that have been there awhile.

10.) Give more variety of player names. At one point I had a team made up entirely of people with the last name Larson.

I can think of a lot more things i'd like to see, but what does everyone think about these suggestions, and what other suggestions do you guys have?

oops forgot the two new ones...

-----

11.) I'd like to see the game allow for changes in the "system" -- this is a HUGE part of football today, and is not reflected in any manager game. What I mean by this is for the heads of the various leagues to get together once a year and decide if the current structure is how they want it. I believe in England this is partially determined by the boards of the various teams, but I could be wrong there. In any case this would allow for new/changed leagues in a long game.

12.) Related to #11, I'd like to see the game be able to be started in earlier timeframes. I've read a few threads on this, and the answer always seems to be "no because our licincing of the clubs only covers this year" -- my response to that is than CHANGE THE LICENCING AGREEMENTS - At the very LEAST allow for games to be played using fictional characters in the earlier years -- all this while following the league rules of that time - and the "new" league rules might not necessarily end up being the same as they are now.... this would make for an amazing dynamic feature!

grrr... got one more.... regarding your staff...

#13) I think the entire staff system needs to be re-worked. Obviously theres good staff and bad staff.... but this shouldnt be based on just one or two traits. Scouts for example should have attributes for finding players (making them show up on the search screen at all), determing skill and potential (as it has now), determining tactics (of opposition teams), and lots of other traits.... Physios on the other hand should have skills in treating injuries on the field, off the field, determing how long a player is going to be out for, seeing a potential injury before it happens, etc. -- stuff like that should be just the tip of the iceburg!

Oh yeah...#14) No more picture less players! Thats just annoying - if theres no picture, generate one! Also give the player a choice of pictures of there manager!

A lot of the info on the manager's 'staff profile' screen is purely cosmetic (i.e. your supposed tactics, and your mentality don't affect anything), and the manager's Personal Information screen is a complete waste of time.

The manager's Overview should be with his profile on the other screen, which just leaves the superfluous happiness and half a page of blank screen.

There is so much potential here!

I would love FM09 to focus on developing the manager's personality and interaction with others so that the manger's mentality and tactical preferences (which you can select when setting up the game) make a real difference, both in terms of on-pitch activity and relationships within and outside the club.

After watching Man Utd and Arsenal this week it struck me that (especially in Arsenals case) players pop up everywhere i.e Cesc will pop up left wing time to time and Kolo will often burst through the middle like he has been possessed by George Weah, and I think this is what makes them so good to watch.

The problem is that creative freedom in FM just means take long shots when a simple pass is on and mess up the move, and swap position only lets them move to one place instead of a few different positions.

I was thinking maybe something like a 'positional discipline' option on the tactics menu varying from rigid on one side to adventurous on the other, it would be nice to create a tactic similar to RL arsenal or Brazil 70 where players take up many positions and become nigh on impossible to mark.

Potential rating:

If a player has the potential to be a leading star, but put's in poor performances his potential should drop.

If someone has the potential to be a decent player, but puts in brilliant performances and becomes top goal scorer etc, his potential should raise to leading star and even turn into a world class player.

This would make the players more realistic.

Hopefully they would do it in FM2009 icon_smile.gif

Now i know im gonna get stick for saying this but i would like to have the option of being an assitant manager! My reasons for this are say if you are not doing great with a team get sacked and then get a the assistant job at a club and control the reserves and under 18's then people might notice you! and also it would be good for when you are online with your mates! If you dont want to be an assistant manager then just dont take the job if you are offered it in the game! or have it as a download then we who want to do this can and those who dont can carry on!

another thing that i would like to see is maybe the ivory coast leagues or some african country league look and there international players they look class and maybe there are some in the leagues! that we dont know of!

This is something that i think would make player transfers more exciting and realistic:You should like i said before allow any club their real transfer budget like in real world because there is no point of playing game if you cant buy anyone,second transfer demands for players are too high for young players future stars price is between 10-30 million,and other good players that are not drogba,cristiano ronaldo price should be maximum 10-20 million.

Then i think that you should see list of transfers in every country and see which players froma what counties do they buy because this would make game more realistic.

Another suggestion is that you make that if you have good attackers and you dont have good midfield players to feed attackers with balls you cant score many goals especiall if you dont have ones like drogba and thery to run alone wit the ball and score a goal,also if you dont have good goalkeepers and defenders to stop opposition attacks you should take many balls in the goal home.

Attributes do not show players ability for instance many players do not play good although they have good attributes why is that so i dont know but i hope that this will change in future version because player who has

passing 20 should be world class passer and goalkeeper with reflexes 20 should save the goal lake the cat,attacker

with 20 finishin and composure should score a lot of goals like luca toni and van nisterlooy and not like now they

miss a lot of sitters and chances although they are going one on one with goalkeeper and have a lot of space to put ball behind his back or round him and score there are so many ways of scoring.Also clubs and nations should have in their first team:three gk-s,eight defenders two for every side(dc,dl,dr),eight midfielders(mr,ml,mc or dm,aml,amr,amc)and five strikers.And in nation setups there shouldnt be players that are close to retirmrnt that are not in form and arent playing for their club unless they have no other players.One last advice is that i think that it would be better if ability points would show percentages of scoring,marking,saving,passing exampleicon_razz.giflayer with 20 finishing should score in 99% cases if he is in situation of scoring.

Thanks,and good luck.

I have not tralled through 36 pages of suggestions so I wholeheartedly apologize if my suggestion has already been mentioned.

When going into the player search you can select your assistant manager to filter out players he does not think will sign for you. My idea involves being able to change who does the filtering out. I think it should be possible for you to make your head scout do this for you. This should get a far better picture of players that will want to sign for you, than if your assistant manager does it.

Guest yurii123

I wish you could choose a penalty taker right when the penalty happens, because sometimes i have a player thats on a hattrick and then i have to go into my tactics and change things, or sometimes I want the guy who gets fouled to take the pk (that is if he is exceptional at taking them).

Another thing I'd like to see is being able to pick a side for your players to shoot on. (Like you can choose to show plyers onto their weaker foot, GK's profiles should mention whether they are right or left handed, and then being able to tell your players to shoot for his weak hand, which would make it easier to score one-on-ones etc.)

Board Room <UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI> Request the type of feeder club you want, such as for work permits.

Competition <UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Some stats in competition player stats should have a minimum games played, such as goals conceded.

Scouting <UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Assign scout to a club (or its reserve team) for possible targets.

<LI>Ask scout to target players for transfer or loan.

Team/Players <UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Goalkeeper Goals Against Average stat.

<LI>Make a player available to reserves until he is match fit--not just 5 days.

<LI>Private interaction with players and team--everything is always public now.

<LI>If a player is un-scouted and his abilities are unknown, your Asst should not be able to comment if he is a good signing or not on the "Approach to Sign" screen.

<LI>When taking a job, staff who are also players should accept contracts as players only--since they will not accept mutual termination like other staff.

Match <UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Make your own position presets for the "Set to" menu in the tactics screen.

I posted up a few idea over the last few months in separate threads, I thought I'd consolidate them into the wishlist so they don't get lost forever.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Club Location Atlas - I'd like to see an ingame atlas system which will geographically show where any club in the game is located. I don't mean like a mini map but a full screen map zoomed into the chosen country. It be also of benefit to show where all clubs in a chosen league or competition are located as well. The map co-ordinates are already in the game and used for club city locations, no reason why this data can't be made better use of and it would really help to add some personality to the game. Check here for an exellent example of what should be available in the game.

<LI>Tactical Changes Audit Trail - It be good if any player made tactical changes made during a match were recorded in the match report. This way when going back to analyse a past game you can keep track of what changes you made when.

<LI>Match Highlights - Something we've needed since CM4 and that is being able to view highlights which are linked to match/player stats. An example is switching to the Match Stats screen for a completed match and click on 'Crosses Completed' and then being show a highlight of all the crosses in a game for better analysis. Another example is click on the Shots Off Target match stat and being shown all shots attempted by your team (or opposition depending what you clicked on) which were off target. For more granular highlights, switching to the team ratings screen, clicking on any of the individual statistics for a player would just show the highlights for the particular stat, eg interceptions.

<LI>More Statistics/Graphs for Match Analysis - Continuing on with matches, we need more statistics and in more graphical terms. We need better statistics for possession and passing, showing who was keeping possession and who was losing it, what types of passes were being attempted and to whom etc. Here is an example of what be good to see. It be also good to be able to graphically see where each player is spending their time on the field. The field would be split up into small sections and when a player is selected, a percentage would be given on how long taht particular player spent there during the match.

<LI>Tactical Diagram System - Since the slider system was introduced to replace the wibble/wobble screens, they've been a constant source of confusion and often frustration. I'd like to see the slider system moved to a more graphical approach so that most tactical configuration can be done on the graphic view for the tactic. Here is a very basic mock up of the desired system. The graphics would work the same as the sliders, so dragging the graphics around would do the configuration with the benefit of making it a little bit more meaningful of what you'd see in the 2D view. It might look confusing at first but sticking to a familiar notation system and having most settings (either team or position) displayed at once allows a better overview of your tactic as a whoole instead of having to click through each position.

Summing up, with each release of FM getting more complicated and requiring more contant tweaking of tactics, we need access to better tools and data to help make our lives as managers a little more enjoyable and feeling less like frustrating guesswork. While a club location atlas does not directly add anything to the game, it would help break up the monotony of FM and ground the game back into the real world, instead of it feeling like a souped up spreadsheet.

better stadium expansion with more orpions to talk with board (or make requests) like :

-board, cut my wage and transfer budget to save enough money for future stadium expansion

- make more pressure on local council to finaly approve building of new/expanding of old stadium

-instead of expansion of e.q 3k make expansion of 10k at price of reduced wage/transfer budget

--etc..etc.

stadium expansions/new i believe you should have to neogotiate with the board on the capacity and how much it would cost. also i think that the whole of the finance control system should be revamped with things like ticket prices at the start of each season. Also better board interaction and fan interaction you should be able to tell the fans to make the attendances better etc.

i would also like to see improvement onto the scouting i like it at the moment but i believe the scouting and the youth part could be so much better with things like training camp around places and the bigger your club then the further your scouting can go!

Originally posted by sheriffpatgarrett:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sinead87:

i would like them to take their time for the next version and not sell us this rubbish 2-bit piece of s**t

I agree. Fm08 was too flawed I reckon, still played it a fair bit, but not as much as earlier versions icon_smile.gif

Still the greatest game I´ve ever played though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I mean the CM/FM-series icon_smile.gif

A minor thing I would like to see is a "little bit more" with media options when commenting on a dangerman before a match.

You only get to say something negative if he's a former player. This should be expanded on to offer positive/negative/neutral/mind games options, as with managers.

I'm sure there's many of us who would like the option to "try" unsettling a teams most influencial player before a match. icon_wink.gif

Sorry if my idea has came up but 36 pages is a lot.

My idea is nothing big but i would like to see more facts/milestones on players or even teams, e.g - if "player A scores against Team B today, it will be his 25th goal against them since joining Team A in 2005". And "It will be the first time ever these two teams histories have met in the league/cup" Things that commentators would say now and again.

These little touches make the game a bit more realistic imo.

Also why not have inbuilt challenges in the game? You email SI with your best challenge (e.g- Dafuage's challenge)and say the 5 or so who are the best get put in the game and all you do is click the challenge button at main menu and choose from the 5, and maybe new challenges should be put in with every offical SI update.

Closer Attention To Player Development and Regens

Simple fact is that players in FM decline far too rapidly above a certain age. While it is true that the most professional and talented players can perform well into their thirties, beyond 34 or so years ability drops off extremely rapidly. For example I've noticed that every version for the last 5 years has seen Maldini decline rapidly once the game starts. While I'm not suggesting that SI should try to be psychic with regard to player development and Maldini is an oddity, it's clear that no player currently below 35 years old will ever come remotely close to the ~150CA Maldini is currently judged to have at 39, showing that the game does not correctly handle aging players.

I could also look at the start of a player's career in this way. On any starting FM database, there will be several very hot prospects capable of playing to a reasonable stadard in any league at a young age. This year it's Bojan, Pato, Aguero, etc and previously, Messi, Rooney and Adu were all star buys. However, after a few years it's clear that very few young players can cut it at the top, instead taking until they are much older to produce top form. I've looked at a lot of games in ten years time and the few regens really doing the business are in their mid-20s, the rest of the most prized players being today's youngsters.

Regens start way too poorly and develop far too late.

It also appears that all players develop at the same rate, meaning there are no young superstars or late bloomers (Toni, Crouch...). They all hit their peaks around 24-25. I'd love to be shown that this isn't true but I've never seen a truly awesome regen to rival Silva or Messi.

Some extra modifications FM needs to make it more streamlined.

Can the Next Opposition Scout report please be added to the Match screen. It's annoying to not be able to see this information when you enter a match and I often refer to this information when setting opposition instructions. Clicking in and out is tedious. Also, can the weather conditions please be added to the Pre-Match Analysis screen because the only time you can see it is after the match has started.

With team talks, the assistant manager team talk feedback should be added to the match result summary news item you receive after a match because that is often the time you want to review this information.

Assistant Manager Functionality

I'd like to be able to be appointed Assistant Manager of a nation (a'la Steve McLaren) whilst still managing your club (or maybe not, if you so choose). In addition, if you manage a club in a lower divison, or are unemployed, you should be able to apply to (or be appointed by) other clubs as their Assistant Manager. It'd be a far more realistic way of achieving higher league experience and could offer you plenty of functionality including making recommendations for tactics/changes (voluntarily or when asked), arranging training schedules and friendlies, and taking charge of reserve team games.

Recommend A Successor

If you leave a club on good terms, you should have the option to recommend a successor, as often happens in real life. This could also happen at a national level, as when Premiership managers were consulted prior to Fabio Capello's appointment as England manager.

Hello I would like this implemented in a game:

-I would like that if players are going on far place or country that they could tire,and travel could lower their mental condition because of that(longest travel more tired,and nervous players)

-Then in both previous and in fm 2008 manager games there was that players like paolo maldini,and costacurta and many other old players were wanted by other big clubs and now i ask myself how could this be first they are dedicated to the club and second they are far too old that big clubs could have interest in these players-for the sake of reality.

-I would like that you begin making new game with features of football manger 2006(for me it was the best).

-I would like that tactics dont have main part in the game because i think that if you havent good players tactics wont help you either(would like that main factor are players)

-I heard some manager when he said that players who are recovering from injury have to train 6 months before they can catch their real form,and i would like that this is in the game).

-I would like that when some club is buying player from one country that other clubs dont follow them and buy other who have left because in that way they lower club strength.

-I would like that you fix graphic part of the game because we are bored after some time because of monotony.

-Make that in tactic screen instead of marking player who you want that your players mark,tackle,or closing down that you give order to some player(it could be defensive midfielder or any other player)who do you want to him to mark like in total club manager where you could give orders which player you want to mark opposition player.

-Last advice is to put in the game some sort of radio or mp3 player because every good game must have music in it it is the mark of excellent game.And there should be video and music when game starts like introduction.

Thanks!!

Without reading all 36 pages I have this idea, sorry if its been posted!

How about the option to upgrade the training facilities of one of your feeder clubs. This would benefit any loaners you send there.

If you do this then the link cannot be broken by them, only if you want to break the link.

the things I would personally like to see in the new FM would be :

1. complaints about referee's

2. less fixture pile up

3. better match engine

4. to be able to design your own strip

5. handling sponsorship deals

6. more options on the team talk page, everytime i want to say something to the players i have to settle for another options because the thing i want to say isnt there.

7. less stupid actions from players, eg. watching the ball roll past them in fromt of goal leading to the opposing team scoring the winner, or passing to the opposing team, i know it happens irl but come on not as much as it does on FM08 its ridiculous.

8. sort out training trips and morale-boosting events such as nights at a restaraunt or something like that.

9. id like to have private talks with players if they have dissed me or blabbed to the media, i think it is weird the only way you can talk to your players is through the media.

10. to be able to practice certain moves on the training ground such as styles of free kick passing moves etc.

these have probably been mentioned, but this is what FM08 is lacking in my opinion.

Hello,today this come on my mind:I would like that when you win some cup or champions league or uefa cup that all prize money goes to the my own budget that nothing goes to the club but that all money goes to me or if money goes to the club(personal)

I would like to have anything with finances or budget because i think that is a job of club board(i would only like to give my shortlist/wish list to the board and they should buy me a player)

Then i would like that player ask value isnt so high because maybe best player zinedine zidane has been sold for about 72.000.000,00 euros and there shouldnt be any player that is sold much higher because in game ask value for david villa is 100.000.000,00 euros which i think is way too much unrealistic for 100 million i should build a dream team i want to say that there should be only messi,c.ronaldo,or someone else who should reach price for about 100 million.

I would like that club accepts players in exchange for a wanted player if he has enough quality and his value reaches asking price.

I would like better that you take your time and make a game that is worth of playing than releasing half-product.

I would like that you release beta version of the game with all mentioned features and then gamers who play the game report any bugs and recommendations and then you fix that and THEN you release real game!

This is only thing i had to say!

I would SI to less biased to the top 4 teams in England, no matter how good you play, how many goals they score they will always win. For example I'm Sunderland played Aresenal away. 2-0 to me a half time. 12 shot to their 2 none on target. Ended up losing 3-2 with them having 4 shot on goal to mine of 10. Something the SI will have to fix as those teams are good but not that good.

I would like the following to be considered for FM2009

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Season ticket update and estimated revenue from it

<LI>financial report of teams during calendar year stating who made amazing profit or losses

<LI>scaling of corporate membership vs genuine fans

<LI>estimated revenue when clubs sign high-profile players, for e.g. Kaka, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo etc

<LI>Clauses in staff contracts, for e.g. not signing directly for rival club

I Realise this is probably too late now but i think a good feature if not for patch 8.0.2 but for fm 2009 would be for clubs that are in debt like for eg man utd or other similar teams that have won a lot since the user has taken over and therefore become ridiculously rich, i believe a good option would be to opt to pay off the 200 million debt in 1 go for eg if of course they have a huge amount in the bank like say 700 million as i have made that much money by 2014 using man utd before and been extremely annoyed that im still paying 5 million a season off when i could just get rid of the debt completley with the amount ive got in the bank

is this a possibility si?

thanks

Martin

I'd like to see a manager star rating feature, giving us as managers the ability to star rate players as we see fit. The normal 7 star rating would apply but would function similarly to the star rating system in Windows Media Player.

It be handy for putting our own rating against players our scouts recommend as a reference to to refer back to later, or used on our own squad as 'tag' like system to refer back to later if we are thinking of transfer listing them.

Sometimes player notes are too fiddly and especially for our own team, the squad status is too final.

This hasa probably already been mentioned but I can't be bothered too go through 36 pages of posts.

I would like the option to return from holiday "if offered a job" instead of applying for one as I have had lots of job offers when I have been on holiday which I haven't applied for.

what about press conferences, where you are asked questions about your line up, opposition, player form, injuries, disciplinary matters. Also being able to make public comments about the fact you have dropped a player because he was absent from training or something.

also i think it would be good to be able to try and select "resolve issue" with a player. maybe they are unhappy because they want a move and this way you could negotiate with them, to either tell them you will let them move on or you want them to stay because they are crucial to the future.

oh and sort out the bloody transfers! i am not paying £25m for someone who is alright but not world class yet!

Originally posted by llama3:

what about press conferences, where you are asked questions about your line up, opposition, player form, injuries, disciplinary matters. Also being able to make public comments about the fact you have dropped a player because he was absent from training or something.

I second this!!! icon14.gif

Its probably been mentioned somewhere else, but i would like to have the option to talk to a player about sending him on a short-term loan to gain match fitness, eg:

Sending a good striker who has just come back from a long term injury to a lower league club to get going again.

Dunno about others but i find it impossibke to convince older players to go out on loan because they dont see a benefit, well this would at least be an attempt to convince them of the benefit.

Archived