Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

I'm not sure my ideas will be accepted into community, but here goes.

1. More restrictive transfer and wages control.

In fm, we can practically sign whatever amount of players we can, subject to transfer budget and wage budget. We can sell whoever we want to sell also. In negotiating, we are restricted by the board, but it still we that negotiate.

In my point of view, that is not what happening in real life.

In real life, different managers have different amount of control. Jose Mourinho have complete control in Madrid, something that previous Madrid's manager don't have. Raineri at Inter has a little say over who is bought and sold.

In order to reflect real life, I suggest an implementation over these ideas :

There are different types of control of finances (including but not exhaustive of transfer and wages) for different managers. For simplicity some of these may be implemented like below :

a. Complete control. This is exactly as FM2012.

b. Complete say in which players to buy and sell. This level allows manager to do exactly as FM2012, so we can tell who to buy, but no negotiating with players. In selling, you can say no and like in FM2012, most of the time chairman agrees like in FM2012. Also, the manager can give pointers to board about how to negotiate, such as 'offer this player highest contract you can' or 'break the bank to sign him'. The board may not agree with the pointers.

c. Less control. You only have chance to say what you need, for example : 'a young playmaker who has bags of potential'. In selling, you have only your opinion to give to chairman and saying 'not for any amount, he is a key player'.

d. No control. You don't have any right to influence chairman in managing transfers and wages. You are given the squad and your job is to make the most of it.

In new game or accepting new roles, you can negotiate which control you would like to have. Please note that this idea does not remove chairman accepting 'offer they cannot refuse and takes matter into their own hands' even you have complete control.

2. More accurate finance system

In 2013 and beyond, the financial fair play system will be taken into account. As we know already, it follows using accounting data and calculating the accounting profit. However, the accounting profit and cash flow (total cash you have from day to day operations) is not exactly the same. The data that we have on finance tab is by no means profit, but more so, a cash flow statement.

I suggest that accounting record (at least the balance sheet) is added in clubs' finance tab so that we know the finances better.

3. Lifestyle costs

While I don't agree to using the money to buy something like in 'other football management game', at least cost of life can be used using a simple number cost. That way if you are running short of money, you have more incentives to take better paid jobs. After all, the goal of some managers in their life is not to create a successful clubs, but to make money for a living, isn't it?

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Transitional periods.

When you build teams of 16-19 year olds they will eventually become too old to perform effectively, leading to an overhaul of the squad. However, if you have been dominating, the game expects you to continue doing so without failure. As we see quite often in real life, this is unrealistic and the upper echelon understand the need for reform.

I'd like the option to tell the board that this will be occurring so that the expectations are lowered.

Players can announce that they are retiring at the end of the season, I think it'd be good especially if you are a long serving manager to be able to announce that you are leaving (if not retiring) at the end of the season - perhaps the game could include more tributes to you as the season reaches it's end etc (or people trying to make you stay) culminating in your final match in charge. Irl it would be a big deal if you were a legend, so I think it should be a big thing in the game (and if you go back as national team boss in the future).

On a separate managerial topic, when you've been at a club a long term, you're probably being paid well and have a large budget too. When you get offered another job (too rare does that hapen anyway imo for a management game) the salary is always in my experience lower, and the budget smaller. Surely if you are the top boss in the game there should be some ambitious oligarch willing to pay you the GDP of a small nation and give you a huge budget to try to convince you to come and make his team the best, for the prestige of having a huge name signing if nothing else. Surely not many would leave for less money?

I would like to see new manager hiring system. For example I am starting my game in Serbia, only loaded those leagues and I am doing very good for a few years, constantly lifting trophies etc. It isnt possible now, but I would like to be somehow seen by clubs in countries I have not loaded in the start and there would be a possibility of them sending me offer to join them. It would make game much much better and realistic.

I have a few ideas, but not sure if any have been mentioned before.

The first one I would love to see is interviews with the board before getting a job.

I think you should be able to have an interview in kind of like a board interaction style meeting in which you outlay plans or at least long term objectives, tell them what kind of football you'll be bringing to the club and other questions I haven't thought of yet.

I think it would add to the sense of achievement when you actually get a job rather than just holidaying and waiting. Maybe even be able to ask the board questions some how so you know what they are expecting in more detail/more long term.

In real life you hear a lot about manager relationships with the board/chairman, it would be good to get it more involved within the game to.

Another idea is maybe adding in a press interview after you have resigned or been sacked from a job.

Outlining why you quit, or your view on why you were sacked with the aim of bigging yourself up for your next job.

You often hear about managers being sacked for no apparent reason (Lee Clarke for one), would be good to be able to come and have a moan.

Also think that the way you receive training reports needs to go into more detail.

It would be good to know exactly how players are training week by week so you can give them a rollocking rather than relying on a generic coach report to show you a sliding bar or just have the players say they are either happy or unhappy with training levels.

Not sure how this could be done, but I think it's an area that could be improved.

I would like to see new manager hiring system. For example I am starting my game in Serbia, only loaded those leagues and I am doing very good for a few years, constantly lifting trophies etc. It isnt possible now, but I would like to be somehow seen by clubs in countries I have not loaded in the start and there would be a possibility of them sending me offer to join them. It would make game much much better and realistic.

I think you have answered your own question there. The reason you don't get the offers is because you haven't loaded the other leagues. What would be the point in other teams sending you an offer if you couldn't accept it? There is a fix to your problem: Load up more leagues.

I'd like to see greater flexibility on the tactics page for formations. I know you can set how deep players sit but I would like to be able to drag and drop players to more positions. At the moment, it locks the players to too few areas. For example I would like to be able to drag van Persie slightly closer to midfield behind another striker without making him an AMC and the position changing to one that is supposedly unfamiliar to him.

Here is a visual example: http://www.footballuser.com/349287/Arsenal

I'd like to see greater flexibility on the tactics page for formations. I know you can set how deep players sit but I would like to be able to drag and drop players to more positions. At the moment, it locks the players to too few areas. For example I would like to be able to drag van Persie slightly closer to midfield behind another striker without making him an AMC and the position changing to one that is supposedly unfamiliar to him.

Here is a visual example: http://www.footballuser.com/349287/Arsenal

Name a position that doesn't already exist?

In FM positions aren't set in stone, they are a general guideline of the area of the field the player should work in. In your example van Persie is still a ST simply with more supporting/creative orders.

While playing FM, I’ve had an idea that may or may not have occurred to the team. I think it would be a great and quite innovative feature if the user had the possibility to click on the area where he’d like a player to pass the ball. Indeed, for example, sometimes your team is counterattacking and there are 3 players against only 1 defender + the goalkeeper, but the player in possession shoots with no angle and fails, which is really annoying as he could have passed the ball for a perfect (and very obvious/realistic) assist!

Besides, I think it would be fun to kind of “assist” the players at times, thereby also taking risks, in case of interception for example (but there’d be no one to blame but yourself ;)).

This way we’d be watching the game even more carefully and be even more active in the game.

Tell me what you think of that.

Only cosmetic, but I'd like to see them added into future FM's.

1. On the preview screen on the matchday, a little message about the last result between the 2 teams.

I know we have the little 'past meeting' stats thing, before you submit your team and go to the match screen.

But once you get a few seasons in, it's hard to know what the last result/score was with this.

gZEAp.jpg

Maybe something on the match screen preview page like

" The last time these two met, Burnley ran out 3-0 winners at Vicarage Road in the Competition Name (Championship, FA Cup, League Cup)"

Or even add the season the last time they played, (if it's a cup game against a team in another League that you have not played for a long time. Or if you have been relegated/promoted)

" The last time these two met, was in the 2014-15 season. The match finished in a 1-1 draw at Old Trafford in the Premier League"

And with the 3-0 scoreline bit a clickable link, that takes you to that match overview screen from that result. (so you can remind yourself who scored/ attendance/ any red cards etc, and same with the comptetition name, a clickable link that takes you to the League Table/ or Cup overview.

Somthing like this:

BPpMR.jpg

Obviously with smaller/smoother font similar to all the other font. (my cut/pasting and paint skills are poor :D)

When you click on the 3-0, it would take you here: http://i.imgur.com/mGIEq.jpg

Atm I find myself getting to the match screen, and forgetting what the previous score was (especially on long term saves, towards the 2nd part of the season) so I'm clicking away from the match clicking on my fixtures/ scrolling up and checking the previous result to remind myself what happened. It would be easier/ user friendly if it was on the match preview screen.. with clickable link to remind yourself.

2. When it's gusty/ windy, I'd like the corner flag graphics to move about in the wind, and the ball to noticeably sway/drift in the wind when it's kicked long up in the air. And maybe the player's hair/shirts to move about abit from time to time.

When it's gusty/windy on the match engine atm, it just look's like any other normal game. You don't get the feeling that it's windy whatsoever... everything is still like a normal day.

3. I'd like there to be a little popup box when a substitution is made, with the player name's that are going off/coming on in the pop box.. when playing with extended/full match highlights. I already started a thread about this before FM12 was released:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/266658-FM12-Please-show-us-when-a-substitution-is-made-by-the-AI.?p=6860756&viewfull=1#post6860756

Possibly a bit of a pointless change, but what's kind of annoyed me over the last few FM editions is the use of generated computer images for newly generated players within the game. The whole 'face in the game' thing a few years ago (2006 or 2007 was it?), kept the continuity of faces, and just made it feel a bit more real. May have been mentioned previously, and for all I know there could have been privacy issues with it?

Okay, some new ideas and some that I already posted:

Sound Overhaul:

When I play in front of 100 fans I want to hear that! And not a 10,000 crowd that has been turned to 25% of its original volume. That would make the lower leagues so much more fun to play.

Scouting Improvements:

- Right now a scout can do a report on 5 players from different clubs in like 3 days, with exact attributes. They didn't even have a match... Okay, you could argue that he could have watched videos of them playing but still... Scouting is too easy and in reality, players are usually scouted for a long time before they are being signed. I also wish that scouts would overjudge or underjudge a player's potential depending on their current form.

Transfer Overhaul:

- The market value for players should be more based on their average ratings. I always hate to see that some Arsenal/Chelsea youth players are worth 6 million despite having played 1 match in the first team and my 21-year-old top striker who scored 25 goals (and 20 goals last season) in Germany is only valued 3 million :-S

- AI Clubs should buy more players with high average ratings in the past seasons rather than splashing the cash on a 15-year-old 200* PA regen that hasn't even played for the youth team of his very small club yet

- The AI should make more "human" bids. So the first bid should be at face value and when you reject, they come back with a better offer. Right now, the AI withdraws 90% of their offers if I try to renegotiate them. In all honesty, THEY want the player, so they shouldn't expect to get him for his market value. At the moment I don't really see the difference between "slight" and "huge" interest in a player.

Smaller additions:

- Dynamic rivalries: Depending on geographical distance between clubs, whether they are in the same league and past events (competing for the same table positions for some years, Manager A insulted Manager B, Club A won cup final against Club B...)

- Name Editor: Users should be able to add surnames to the game so that long term games are more enjoyable. We already had a lot threads where people moaned that the surnames for their home country are too limited.

- a hall of fame: A page where all of your club's (ex-)players are listed with appearances, goals, assists, years at the club and transfer fee in and out.

- It would be nice if you could assign your scouts to clubs

- You can let your players focus on improving one skill. How about improving the weaker foot?

- Custom views: I would like to have a column where I can enter my own notes about a player. And then be able to sort the views by this notes-column

- Tell the reserve coach which players to field

I'd just love to be able to have a proper connection with fans, players, staff and the club as a whole if that makes sense. I find that when I have built up a club for years and made it successful

and I leave for whatever reason or get fired then that's that. It just feels a waste of time and no 'emotion' behind anything. Just another 'meh' moment.

I want to be able to speak to the fans, build a better relationship with players and staff and just to ask who I should sign etc.

Maybe as you go further into the game the game will take screen-shots of 'special' moments like winning trophies and when you leave, get fired or retire you get a sort of storyboard to look back at your game

Would love something like this implemented into the game. Just be amazing.

A custom name generator.

This would be relatively easy to achieve using the same database that regen players and staff get their names from. I don't always want to play a game using my real name but, then again, I don't want to have to use third-party sites.

Oh, and I'd like to be able to add clubs to my 'favourite clubs' list. Yes, we can do this at the start with one club, but I develop an affinity to the clubs as I play with them.

I would really like there to be post-tournament win celebrations. Like with winning the CL, have the team celebrate in front of the fans for a short while and then have the medal presentation. It would be a nice visual reward for accomplishing a big win. Of course for those who don't want to watch it there could be a skip or continue option.

I would like to see the board be more interactive with the manager in the game, for example the board asking to have meetings with managers (like they do in real life) to discuss further the progress/ambitions of the club and how you can move forward. This can then link into the feature already embedded in the game where you can ask for more money etc but this way you can have a more in depth interaction with the board. An example would be the board asking 'we have some concerns with recent performances, we'd like to discuss them further with you' the manager can then arrange a meeting and explain what the situation is from his perspective and then have a dialog with the board as to how the manager is going to correct it by e.g. buying players in the window (which links into the feature already in the game).

It all seems too one dimensional with the board at the moment, i know that this is a management game but the board are now a massive part of a managers life and a manager is always in contact with at least one board member on a regular basis and i dont feel that FM currently integrates this enough in its games.

Hints and tips

Move them away from the splash screen while processing. Sometimes the screen is just not open long enough to read the hint properly. Either because there is not much processing to be done, or you play on a high-end PC which processes too fast.

Why not move it up into the top pane (where the logo and navigation tabs are)?? ... it could be a small box, where the tip would change every time you press continue. There could even be a button to cycle to the next hint, if the user wants to. I will then have time to read it before pressing Continue.

As to not annoy all the people who already know these things, make a setting in preferences, on whether to show it or not.

I just hate the fact that the hints are not always shown long enough, and it is a huge bother to try and find the same hint again afterwards.

I posted this elsewhere but...

...at the end of each match there should be a drop down box somewhere on screen that lets you add notes to be assigned to your opposition (club and/or manager and/or players and/or formation). When you next play against that team/manager/player/formation them this comes up as an alert at squad selection or on press conference day for example in your news feed.

Would be a quick and simple way to remind yourself of what worked / did not work against different styles of play, or things that worked against a particular type of player.

Dont know if this has been suggested before but I'd love this feature...

Marty McFarty.

Name a position that doesn't already exist?

In FM positions aren't set in stone, they are a general guideline of the area of the field the player should work in. In your example van Persie is still a ST simply with more supporting/creative orders.

Well an example would be the 4-4-1-1 formation. The front 2 are both considered strikers in that formation. Yet on football manager the player would have to be an AMC rather than a striker. Yes, I could do a 4-4-2 and set one of the players to play deeper but that would not accurately reflect the 4-4-1-1, it'd show up 4-4-2. It's a little niggle, not a HUGE problem but it does bug me.

Not sure if this was said or not, but I think regens being dubbed "the next" etc etc. Should also take more younger modern players and even new regens that become superstars into consideration. For example Neymar, Lucas Moura and Raphael Varane, or into the future maybe you could get regens dubbed after established world superstar regen players. Also does it still dub players some of the older legends? Been a while since i seen a player dubbed the next Pele, Zico, Van Basten and I have never seen the next Johan Cruyff

That and i would love to see them sort position training and expanded your own manager attributes

I'd like to see a 3D stadium render and built what stands you want on your stadium like they had in LMA Manager series that would be a really nice option if not then for instances if your Norwich and you get a new stadium built the seats are automatically black and not the Yellow their suppose to be but 3D Stadium render would be great. I don't know why but maybe they could integrate their own version of Twitter where players can go on and rage about something or praise someone etc... Would be a nice option.

I'd like to see a 3D stadium render and built what stands you want on your stadium like they had in LMA Manager series that would be a really nice option if not then for instances if your Norwich and you get a new stadium built the seats are automatically black and not the Yellow their suppose to be but 3D Stadium render would be great. I don't know why but maybe they could integrate their own version of Twitter where players can go on and rage about something or praise someone etc... Would be a nice option.

I do think social media and players getting in trouble for the personal life should be repersented in the game, for example, Ryan Babel got banned for tweeting a pic of was it howard webb? And joey barton seems to be getting in touble every other week for something he says. So if a unhappy player tweets about you(his manager) or a fellow teammate they dont get on with then you can fine him for being unperfeshional, or maybe you chould call a team meeting and inform them that you are outlawing twitter which then could affect the teams morale depening on their personalitly. Also if the media report a player getting into a trouble at a bar/night club personal life then his good morale could suddeny drop

I do think social media and players getting in trouble for the personal life should be repersented in the game, for example, Ryan Babel got banned for tweeting a pic of was it howard webb? And joey barton seems to be getting in touble every other week for something he says. So if a unhappy player tweets about you(his manager) or a fellow teammate they dont get on with then you can fine him for being unperfeshional, or maybe you chould call a team meeting and inform them that you are outlawing twitter which then could affect the teams morale depening on their personalitly. Also if the media report a player getting into a trouble at a bar/night club personal life then his good morale could suddeny drop

No way they would be legally allowed to do that for real players.

TRANSFER NEGOTIATIONS.

Although I wouldn't use it in theory, IRL chief scouts, club presidents or a club's chief executive would perform transfer negotiations (fee/wages etc). I suppose a manager would highlight whom he would like to sign, and the person in question goes off to negotiate. Obviously this would effect your budget, but if it was an option you could switch on and off, it would create a bit of realism.

For some people it may speed up the game too.

Usually clubs don't like a football manager being the financial negotiator which is probably why this occurs IRL. And this occurs regularly in the likes of Spain and Italy were the manager, or rather coach, doesn't actually buy players.

I'd like to see the number of away fans traveling to away games.Right now this is already displayed a few times, but it would be nice to see it for every game.I know, only something minor, but never the less a nice additional feature.

crazy_merch

No way they would be legally allowed to do that for real players.

You talking about all of it, using twitter or just the getting into trouble part? You dont have to call it twitter in the game, imagine get a bit of news in, "player x has reportedly complained on a well known social media site about the Referees performance in in Teams X 1-1 draw with Team A, and could face a disciplinary meeting with the FA which could lead to a ban"

I think i remember seeing players get banned in the old CM's all sorts of things, Including Assault on Refs. And I recently had a youth player who missed training with out leave and was pictured at being at a nightclub the night before, Needless to say he got a stern warning, saying that it might have been a regen player not sure tho.

I'd like to have an evaluation system for your coaches and other staff. You've got scouts for players and you can evaluate them through their reports. Why am I always left in the dark when I hire someone for my staff? EDIT: I actually mean to say that you can see the potential of that coach. I do see coaches have their ratings increased but I never know what their limit is or I need to see that in FMScout. Maybe it could be done like this: on the basis of your own CA the computer evaluates coaches and other staff. So, the better you do as a manager, the better your coaches will be and their potential.

Also, I'd like to have my own agent who can spot possible job opportunities for me. It's quite a hassle going through all of these job adverts when you're unemployed.

TRANSFER NEGOTIATIONS.

Although I wouldn't use it in theory, IRL chief scouts, club presidents or a club's chief executive would perform transfer negotiations (fee/wages etc). I suppose a manager would highlight whom he would like to sign, and the person in question goes off to negotiate. Obviously this would effect your budget, but if it was an option you could switch on and off, it would create a bit of realism.

For some people it may speed up the game too.

Usually clubs don't like a football manager being the financial negotiator which is probably why this occurs IRL. And this occurs regularly in the likes of Spain and Italy were the manager, or rather coach, doesn't actually buy players.

I think this would take the core out of FM which is about scouting and buying players and putting them in the squad.

Make it easier to sell players. If you place a player on the transfer list, tell him to his face that he's no longer wanted, and put him in the reserves, he should be gone during the next window.

This happens easily for computer controlled teams, but in player controlled teams, WAY too many just do a Bogarde. It's completely unrealistic.

While playing FM, I’ve had an idea that may or may not have occurred to the team. I think it would be a great and quite innovative feature if the user had the possibility to click on the area where he’d like a player to pass the ball. Indeed, for example, sometimes your team is counterattacking and there are 3 players against only 1 defender + the goalkeeper, but the player in possession shoots with no angle and fails, which is really annoying as he could have passed the ball for a perfect (and very obvious/realistic) assist!

Besides, I think it would be fun to kind of “assist” the players at times, thereby also taking risks, in case of interception for example (but there’d be no one to blame but yourself ;)).

This way we’d be watching the game even more carefully and be even more active in the game.

Tell me what you think of that.

Welcome to real life buddy. I bet all Managers think they could win it all if only they could control the action on the pitch from the sideline ;)

In all seriousness, this isn't FIFA X, it is a management sim and that is kinda the point.

How about this idea:

Manager can send coaches to visit seminars. As an example: I am playing for Leeds. I want to send my assistant manager or coach to a tactical seminar. The seminar will cost the club 100k pounds. The higher ambition and/or determination and/or professionalism - the higher is the chance that my coach will have a "+1 increase" to the tactical training. We can build a scale, so that money needed to be spent will vary. Say, if the coach has Tactical Coaching 10 - the seminar will cost 50k. If Tactical Coaching is 15 - the seminar will cost 500k.

I guess everyone understands what i mean - there can be many ways to integrate this into FM13. Only if SI is interested in the idea.

1) I love the stats/history part of this game and really enjoy the achievements page. However, I find it a bit challenging to get an overall sense of the player's career since everything is lumped together in one list.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dnscpcnf3dnvh25

While I appreciate the fact it lists he was a runner up for the league cup best player award, I'm sure most would agree that it should not get the same visual weight as ballon d'or, etc.

Also, you can't sort by the 'Award' column (see previous link) which itself would be a welcome change nor can you select all/copy/paste into excel so you can sort.

What I suggest is something visually closer to these other systems already in place in the game for the Club history screens:

http://www.mediafire.com/?umd1sxy1fl5d48t

http://www.mediafire.com/?ybscaseif6ac7vq

I've always liked that second link as it appropriately groups each award for easy visual grouping ( so I can easily tell which awards he's won and how many x) and puts them in the appropriate level of importance (I suppose listed by award rep?).

Also, some sort of toggle (checkbox?) would be appreciated to toggle between all 'awards' and just the wins

Here's a quick comp. I put together just for example/inspiration?

http://www.mediafire.com/?lpd2xhg7r3k82d2

Again, love the game...just really enjoy the history/stats/progression part of it the most and would love to see the player achievements screen tweaked just a bit so it is easier to tell how the player's career is going on the awards/competition side.

Currently, I don't get that sense by seeing one big list with everything lumped together with the same weight. The club history screens do a much better job of letting you know the club's history/achievements IMO.

cheers.

P.S. The player 'Competitions' list (found under the dropdown in the first screenshot) would also benefit from this approach, so I can see how many times Player X won the world cup, champs. league, league, etc. instead of having to visually try to find/compile them.

2) I second the above about making it easier to sell players. I couldn't sell Kaka in 2011 right now to save myself ( offered to clubs for £0 ) after he's been in the reserves for only 6mos as part of not fitting into my plans. Same for Pepe or Carvalho. I guarantee IRL Anzhi or some Chinese club would make an offer if Real offered the players to them. I cannot believe how difficult it is to sell players, especially from good teams (and I don't even mean that the player won't sign for them..just no teams 'show interest').

** Edit: I couldn't sell them in the starting window when they were still in the first team either **

This really breaks down on the other end when it is very hard to sell on all of your reserve youngsters (I'm pretty sure a large percentage of Manchester United youth players were signed by some lower league teams in the recent past). I'm not talking about scrub U19s that have no chance (although I still would expect some league 2 team to take a flyer if I offered you him for £0) but for 18yos who have lit up the youth/reserves leagues and made a few decent first team appearances. You'd think clubs would try to get in early while the costs are down.

The same applies to loans. If I'm a massive club it should be relatively easy to get offers for young players who've at least played a few times for the reserves/first team ( maybe based off their match avg. where a decent string of results proves they can hang with professionals). I'm sure IRL a low-league team would take a flyer on a young player good enough to player in Man Utd reserves/first team, especially if I offer to pay their wages (no financial responsibility to the other team).

Fixtures will probably never ever replicate real life fixtures, do you have any idea what goes into scheduling a footballing season? It would take more processor power than the game itself would if they tried to replicate real life exactly in that aspect.

Archived