Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

When a member of your coaching staff recommends a player in a backroom advice meeting, they should already have done a scout report, and I should be able to see that players attributes. I've just had a few players recommended to me in a meeting, and it's taking 2 scout reports from the coaches to show me their attributes.

I'm guessing the meeting goes something like this at the moment:

Ass Man: I know this great left back who we could sign.

Me: OK, tell me what's good about him.

Ass Man: Erm, I don't actually know anything about him apart from his name and position. I'm going to have to scout him first.

Me: :rolleyes:

If your coaching staff are recommending players, they should have already done research into those players. They shouldn't need to be prompted to after the recommendation.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd like to see a game developed by real & succesful developers who know what they do

I guess SI have failed for 20 years, thankfully at the rate you've collected infractions it's good to know that you're on hand to teach them about making highly considered decisions & the best way to communicate them into a workable plan.

More intelligent AI, especially for developing youth and buying players. This would be so much better for long term saves. My ultimate wish.

Also, pace/acceleration being less powered. Very difficult to do, but it's improved a lot on recent versions, so if they could keep going with that, it would make the game more difficult imo.

Better 3D match engine. I'd like to be able to see matches in more detail (e.g. facial expressions, tricks, style of dribbling, etc.)

I didn't start playing FM until the 3D view was introduced because I just couldn't get immersed in the game when I had to watch circles running around. I had no emotional connection to any of it, because I was too aware of the fact that everything on screen was programmed, so I never played the game seriously enough which resulted in half-assed tactics and poor results.

International management: divide the national pool in categories, much like squad status for the clubs but private, ie, not affecting the morale of players.

(my original thread for the idea - Simple UI improvement which would make international management 10 times more bearable)

Let's start by saying I'm still on FM11 so no idea on what you guys did to this on FM12 but I doubt you included it.

My idea is... *drumroll* divide the national pool into sub-categories.

What's the point of having a list of roughly 100 players where over half of them are only relevant for the U21/U19 squads? It's a total nightmare to browse it. All I want is the ability to set my group of core players which I'd call up no matter what, whenever they're available. Then I'd have a secondary list of primary backups/squad players, a bigger list of afterthoughts for whenever there's an emergency of player shortage, and special lists for youth squads.

It'd make life so much, much easier as an international manager. Currently what I do is go to the player search screen for every single position (there's always good players the previous manager forgot to put on the national pool, I don't want to miss them), and analyse the best available players, for every single call-up. It's incredibly dull. This way it'd be just a bunch of clicks:

1 - go to the core players list screen and click a "call all available players from this sub-list" button

2 - analyse the gaps in the squad and look at the 2nd (and eventually the 3rd) list of who fits them best

3 - look at a screen with the differences between the team you just picked, and your assman's suggestion of choices, and click confirm.

Then maintain the lists throughout the season much like you'd maintain the squad status of players - move them casually whenever you think they deserve it. Except these lists would be private and not affect the morale of players.

Surely it's far simpler and easier this way?

Please at least consider the idea SI, I'm sure you understand the reasoning for it and why it'd be helpful.

So many posts, I am not sure if it has been mentioned before but please, please, please add a transfer listed feature to the editor.

Whether its by the club, or requested by the player.

For example, Alex and Anelka wouldn't normally be sold by Chelsea under normal circumstances in the game, however IRL they have both requested transfers.

Man Utd bought Henriksen for £19.5 million and have not played him once over the entire season. He's had no injuries except for a cold and finds himself in the reserves on the transfer list. This has to change.

Deffinatly agree with this, On my save Man City bought Shaqiri for £16million and they never once played him over an entire season, after a year and a half he went on loan to Napoli, then Aston Villa bought him for £4.8million.

Another example of this is Chelsea bought Afellay from Barca for £15million and in January loaned him to Shalke. He is now in Chelseas reserves rotting away.

I wish these things could be somehow cut out. its too unrealistic...

Id like to also see some cheaper youth signings, Im Spurs and wanted a regen from Crystal Palace who is 17 and worth £1.2million. I wasnt prepared to go over £4million for him and they asked for £8.5million upfront with 40% of profit from next sale. No Thanks.

Id like to have the option to place a job advert when the current member of staff is not willing to discuss a contract renewal, damn annoying if your assistant does not want to extend his deal but you can't start looking for a replacement until he leaves the club.

To be fair, Arsenal paid in excess of £10 million to sign Oxlade-Chamberlain and also Walcott from Southampton.

I know, I know but what i was getting at is its a common occurrence. Some transfer fees are to unrealistic. I needed a new goal threat for my Spurs team and i refuse to pay £36million for Leandro Damiao when that was what Internacional asked for him!

Had a couple of ideas and suggestions within a football supporter community that i am a part of. I don't know if any of these have been suggested, don't really have time to go reading through the last 77 pages. So here goes:

1. This is one of the more important things to me, the press conferences need to be improved. Reporters need to be more hostile, so that when an area of your team has been exposed or there is a flaw in your game plan that cost you goals, they crucify you for it, IE high line, weaker on the left etc, slow movement allowed sides to defend you too easily or quick movement cost you possession too often etc. The other thing i'd like to see, although this would be just a nice bonus: Sometimes you have games where players have a poor first half and a great second, or vice versa. I'd like to see the reporters press you on that, make you choose between hanging your player out to dry for his poorer half, defending his poorer half or praising his better half.

2. Incidents. Specifically those that don't occur at training or the game. These should be included, after all, all players are human and thats how the game is based, so they make mistakes in life as well, which could and should be reflected in the game. I'd especially like it if these were infrequent, but as humorous as possible, like brought a gun to training ala ashley cole, or maybe gets involved in a pub/bar altercation with a rival fan, or even better a fan of his or maybe a stalker. For on the field stuff, every now and then it'd be nice to see a player booked for abusing a ref or linesman, from both sides, sent off for something similar or a fight, and have that last one reported to you even if it's in a league you're not actively following. Has little to do with the game play other than suspensions et all, but i reckon it would just immerse you in the game just that little bit more. Which brings me to number 3:

3. Emails and news. Right at the moment you have color coded emails and news all in the one section, the inbox section. This is fine, although at times like real emailing, it can a bit jumbled and hard to find stuff, so first things first: in the inbox section at the top where the filters section is, next to the "next undread" buttons and so on, have it divided slightly and have 4 little icons representing 1) Team news, ie injuries, performances, training reports, bannings etc etc 2) Just the news 3) Everything to do with agents and transfer offers etc 4) I'd like to see little icons displaying when you have unread and/or actionable emails in these sections, sort of like how you have the ! mark on actionables now but i'd like to see them on the icons so it flows a little nicer. And finally, like real emails... reminders. For the love of god i want to set reminders.

4. Random board meeting when they're displeased, as well as the dreaded "FULL BACKING OF THE BOARD" press release not long after the "the board finally running out of patience with x" message. Along with these, a statement of intent from the board would be good, IE we want you to do etc etc, the club is about attempting to win the cup, surviving in x division or getting promoted from x division, concentrating on youth developement.

5. AND FINALLY, this is something that should've been done years ago in my oppinion: Warm up and warm up reports. First part of pre match should be a warm up, and a report following, thusly, when selecting your squad before hand, you should also be able to name an emergency or two. So essentially, pick you squad, plus emergency or two, submit team. After after the match analysis screen, before opp instructions, insert the warm up. Basically what i'd like to see would be something similar to the text you have during a game, just saying that each stage of the warm up is complete, IE physical warm up, shooting drill, ball skills, 5 a side, goal keeper warm up and practice, maybe specific warm ups for each section IE midfielders, strikers etc like goalkeeper and whatever else. At each stage have a tick or an exclamation mark, tick signifying that there are no injuries, exclamation mark signifies an injury. Have reports in the pre match screens about how players warmed up, looked complacent, look fired up, look nervous etc etc and ofcourse injuries are self explainable. Players coming back from injuries should also have something there as well, IE if it's their first game back from injury and straight into first team, a rating on their return would be helpful, IE "looks to be struggling" or "looks to be holding back" or "looks 100%" and so on.

Anyway, hopefully someone from SI reads this, would be nice to have some of these additions either via patching or possibly in next years version.

Remove the fecking unskippable advertising/logos/intro/etc after first game launch

Or at least allow us to skip

The way I see it, if it has forceful advertising/intro, it's a free game.

(I still paid tho, but it's annoying)

I know, I know but what i was getting at is its a common occurrence. Some transfer fees are to unrealistic. I needed a new goal threat for my Spurs team and i refuse to pay £36million for Leandro Damiao when that was what Internacional asked for him!

Damiao is already a top level striker in the game. Hardly unrealistic. He's at the same level (in fm) of Pastore/Cavani/Neymar/Hazard/Gotze/Sanchez in real life, and these players demand a 40m + fee

It's the way footballing world is this day. a sad, sad time.

Media Prediction

The media prediction is totally based on the reputation of the teams in a league, therefore the game itself can give a very detailed ranking, say club A's prediction is 1st and club B is 20th. But in the real world, media can not rank the teams in that way, they could say that Arsenal will be a title challenger this season, but not say like they will be 3th in Premier League, right?

Why not go back to FM06 or even before? Media prediction was a description but not a rank at that time. It is more realistic. The only problem of media prediction in FM06 was there were only 3 descriptions if I'm not wrong: title chaser, relegation battler, and promotion contender. It is good to see some more descriptions for middle teams.

I know rank can help players to find a right team. But there is really little difference between 7th, 8th or 9th, right. So descriptions could also help player to choose a team, but in a more realistic way.

Refactor the game code to remove hard-coded elements from the game and make everything customisable through the editor (including adding continents and nations). Even if there are special one-off fields like "this is the World Cup so we have some extra code to deal with that".

I think that the game would be more realistic if SI were to do away with PA and instead have every player were to have infinite PA, CA should be much more dynamic and reflect the players current form. For instance in the current system if in my game save a player such as Lionel Messi were to start playing badly then I think his attributes should alter accordingly, if his passes become more erratic then his passing attribute should change from a 19 to 16 for example. To give another example if I were to motivate a championship player to work his socks off and get good then his stats should reflect his form for instance if you had started a game save on a previous football manager while Joleon Lescott was with Wolves in the championship there would have been no chance for him to become the top defender he is today. However with my proposed system of dynamic player attributes if Lescott were to start playing well in the Wolves game save then his attributes would improve and his form can be maintained he may develop much further then he would have in the current system. Every new iteration in football manager has differences in player attributes based on form why do we still have an outdated system where player attributes are so rigid in each game if I can get Lescott to play amazingly why don't his attributes change to reflect how hes playing? and if Lionel Messi plays badly for two seasons in a row why are his attributes still so godly?

DISCUSSING THIS HERE: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/293900-Dynamic-player-attributes-based-on-form.

I would like an option for my social media logins (facebook etc.) to be stored in my manager profile so that when I start a new game I don't have to type them again, unless I create a brand new manager or delete an existing profile. You could password the profiles if you chose to keep the login details.

Remove the fecking unskippable advertising/logos/intro/etc after first game launch

Or at least allow us to skip

The way I see it, if it has forceful advertising/intro, it's a free game.

(I still paid tho, but it's annoying)

The game is loading whilst you see these. Would you rather see a black screen?

I'd like to see another tab added to the player screen simply called "Career Highlights."

Say I save a goal scored by Wayne Rooney, for example, then this would appear in his career highlights tab. Also, a information box for each goal saved would be nice as well so you even write a short description regarding the circumstances or whatever surrounding the goal.

It would be a really nice touch expecially for someone like myself and numerous others out there who have saves that span decades.

This system could also be implemented automatically e.g it would automatically save landmark goals etc. :thup:

Opinions?

I would like to create my own roaming scouting regions. I would much rather send my Spanish, Dutch or Serbian scout roaming through say the Iberian Peninsula, the Low Countries or the Balkans rather then Central Europe, Scandinavia or Eastern Europe where their scouting knowledge is wasted looking through random countries they have no knowledge of.

I would like it if the assistant manager could suggest to me that (lets say) 'Player 1' should be loaned out to 'Club 1'

Instead of trying to find clubs for the players to be loaned out to, the assistant could deal with that and give me the recommendation for the club witch is best in his opinion.

Also, if you could recommend witch nationality the players should choose.

I think the 3D Engine is good, considering the technology available for the developers. But what i very much would like, is that the crowd could to the wave, for an example. And that you record a little more crowd noise, lets say youre leading 5-0 against Manchester City and you are playing with a team with lower reputation, the crowd could to the "woo" everytime the team passes a ball correcty to each other.

This is just nit picking, i very much love the game and i play it on a regular basis.

A slight change to Team Reports

Right now when your scout looks at your next opposition, you see how good your opponents players are compared to each other. What I want is to see how they match up to the players in my team.

An example, say I was Manchester United, playing against for arguments sake Crawley, their team report would probably show me 3* and 3 1/2 * players, which give me no indication as to how good they match-up to my team. My way would probably mean the whole team is rated at 1/2*, which is fine, that means they'll likely be no threat to me whatsoever.

I would very much like to see more corner instructions, especially direction to make runs or positions to run between.

The inspiration is a goal from Demichelis in the Spanish cup against Real Madrid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxJYf3R5Iiw#t=0m23s). In that goal you can se movement towards the corner flag and two pairs of attackers running towards and past eachother. Especially running sideways and running from far post to just outside goalkeepers box is somewhat impossible to implement in FM2012. These disruptive runs can be seen as methods in modern football.

The option to instruct my defenders to mark left/right post instead of or including the existing near/far post instruction set, 50% of the time two players end up out of position & this creates problems when corners are cleared.

When you're creating a manager you can have the ability to add your own player history, if you picked former professional footballer or higher. For example I can add that I played over 400 games for Derby County before going into management, and maybe lay it out season by season. Just as if you looked at John Terry's history if he retired and became a manager, and you would see he played all those games for Chelsea, or whatever. Nothing much, but it would be neat.

i would like to ingame direct player shouts, instead the general option they now have now where u tell the whole team , i want to be able to tell an individual player ( like nani push on forward, or step your game up)

and

the view screen for the squard was better on 2010 compared to the new look 2 yrs later

the other

would be a fantasy mode (like pro evo master league but football manager style)

where the game begins from the bottom of the lowest league, it allows u to choose the nation you want to start England , Italy etc etc

and you then build a small club from board right up to club , team and players kit and scouts and u play your way to the top.

what do you think?

Match tactics

Generally i really like the new tactics engine introduced some versions ago. However what still annoys me is the inability to configure tactics in a "relative" manner to a greater extend. E.g. i create a new tactic based on the "Control" mentality. E.g. wide play, short passing, fair amount of creativity etc. Of cause i then have the option to set a relative higher creative freedom on the team instructions settings. But the same options are missing for individual player instructions. Here i only have the option of overruling the default settings, however these will not be impacted when using touchline shouts during the game or e.g. changing the mentality from "Control" to "Defensive". In practise this leaves me only rarely using the specific player settings as i cannot see out the consequence of setting them in case i want to change mentality during play. Some would say that i should just create a number of alternative tactics, however this will leave me with a huge task of changing individual tactics every time i want to change my concepts.

Example: I create a home tactic control based in a 4-2-3-1 formation. However compared to the SI developed Control settings, i want my wingers playing a bit more direct passing. So compared to the default settings i check the specific player instructions flag and tweak those passing settings a bit more direct. So far so good. Now suddenly when in the game, playing the control tactic, i go 0-1 behind and want to push on. I would have several options for putting a higher pressure on the opponent, e.g. switching to Attack mentality or apply one or more of the touchline shouts. However neither choices would impact the passing setting of my wingers, since they are set specifically. E.g. going gung-ho would leave the rest of the team playing a more direct play than my two wingers, still using the settings i applied with the Control mentality in mind.

Again, some would argue, that i should create a seperate attacking tactic where my wingers have even more direct play than the default setting, however this also leads to one tactic per different scenario in a game. Instead i would like that if you choose to overrule the player instructions you have a simple flag which marks whether the changes you make are fixed or relative to any changes applied to team play.

I have a few suggestions that I think could improve the tactical aspect of the game.

Corner set pieces.

I would like it to be possible to create a number of attacking corners. As it is now you only have two options (left or right). I like the idea of the new set pieces designer, but I find it too simplistic as I think you should be able to create several different corner combinations. You should also be able to control the players starting position and then draw a line to where you want him to run to and where you want the corner taker to aim at. In the build up for the forthcoming match you should then be able to choose which combinations you would like to see used.

Defensive positioning

As it is now you can only choose how high you want you defensive line and how wide you want your team to play, but my understanding of this is, that it’s when you are in posession. I remember some old CM games where you could control the ball on the tactical drawing board and then instruct exactly how you would like your players to be defensively positioned. I think it would be very good to have this feature back in the game.

Build up play

I think it should be possible to create a more complex build up play. As it is now, you can choose to play from short to more direct, but I would like to be able to instruct my teams build up play more in depth. Ie be able to say to my DCL to switch it for my right wing or instruct my full back to never play a ball to my DCM and instead look either for the winger in front of him or to my deeplying forward.

A change to selecting set-piece takers.

The current system requires you to list players in order of preference & the game will rigidly follow this list, this is fine for penalties but damn annoying for free-kicks or corners.

I'd like the ME to rotate the players on the list, in particular if a player is just not getting his delivery right & another player is equally skilled then he should start taking the restarts, linked to this I'd also like a secondary list to tell certain players to never take corners, (direct/attacking) free-kicks or penalties as I do get annoyed when my giant of a CB heads over to the quadrant to take a corner.

I think that was kind of where I was going with the idea, tbh I've mentioned this for a few years now & felt it was time to once again give SI a nudge.

Archived