Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

I was thinking that way because your captain and vice captain could injured, meaning a you might be stuck for a captain with good decision making. Thus, that would have a direct effect on the game, as he might not rotate the players, whereas your regular captain or vice captain would if they had better decision making of course.

It would add a dynamic to the game that is lacking.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To help in post match analysis I'd like to have the option to split the match stats to 1st half/2nd half, would help pick up where things may have gone right or wrong.

I am sure this has been mentioned....

It would be good to have the ability to take on a job and act as caretaker manager so you have say 2-3 months to prove yourself. If you do well or even if the chairmen see some potential they take you on. You could have the option to fill the gap for a few months or apply for the job outright. This could be chose able upon applying.

More Media Attention Perhaps Pundits Ex-managers, Players, Board members speaking out about how things are going, results, signings, praiseing what youve done good or bad or just coming out when you are having a bad time and maybe giving you the final nail in your coffin and forcing you out.

Chairman and board room level espically, Although not at every club but the chairman who would talk alot to the press could perhaps to add some spice. Another nice touch would be players you have managed talking about you to press when you get a job or sacked.

I would like Staff Tactics Information to be added to the collective view panel, so there will be 4 view options in total: Contract - Coaching Attributes - Mental Attributes - Tactics Preference

Whilst it may not be important there are players that would like to get backroom staff to prefer the same formation and playing style etc.

I'd like players to understand that me telling them I will try to loan them out or sell them is in no way a promise to get the a new club, if nobody wants them it's not my fault don't come to me crying about about it & if they do where is my 'I tried to get you a move but no club made a bid/you rejected the move' option?

A couple additions off the top of my head today:

- Would like Reserve Setup/U19 setup to be added and removed based on moving up the league system.

- Would like the option to change the kits/add a 3rd jersey at the beginning of each season. Would lead to higher jersey sales, or could anger the fans. Could be coupled when you select a new sponsor...

- Would like options for sponsorship: would you pick more money guaranteed or less money with a bigger performance payout? Your board could react to this too, based on the ambition you're displaying.

- More financial control: ticket price options (high, medium, low), ability to recommend stadium add-ons. Also make it easy to see what each average ticket cost for each game.

- News stories from chairmen and director interviews. Alternatively, attend regular board meetings where you have to update on the progress and prioritize your requests.

- More detail on 'Non-Soccer Costs' and the ability to cut costs/corners for these. If you spend less on security, for example, there could be a greater chance of something dangerous happening along with a mandated increase in security.

- Ability to have a smaller scouting area before you're professional (instead of the whole country). For part-time and amateurs, should be tougher to sign them if they have to move from their current location. People should move into the area during the season and you could have a look at them too.

I would like to be able to ask a specific club if they are interested in loaning a certain player.

The scouting could also be improved by asking a scput "find me a suitable central midfielder to replace player X".

Another nice touch would be the abilty to add your full playing history and some favourite personel at the bigging of game your coaching staff, favourite players, heros, villians.

Another good addition to the game could be when a manager takes over a club if he is a big name he fires the current staff to bring in his own team. This doesnt happen on fm unless they left with last manager. Plus some coaches you will never get to work with you because they always stay in there own click - like mark hughes with mark bowen, martin o'neill and steve walford and seamus and john robertson.

better atmosphere for big games

have animation where players walk into the pitch while the champions league anthem is playing, preferably the 2009 version with andrea bocelli. that would be epic

maybe even have players with bad "sportsmanship" start fights during big games when they're frustrated. i know fighting is frowned upon in football, but so is diving and FM incorporates that into the game

OK I just had a crazy idea regarding the Job Centre. There should be 2 one for clubs looking for managers only (why do we need to see who wants an assistant or physio) and the other one should show a list of unemployed staff that are interested in your club, so instead of us having to place an advert for the staff we need, we just go to the Job Centre Available Staff section and hey presto there is a list of all realistic unemployed staff (could be worked on country basis or region basis) if there isn't anyone that we think is suitable from that selection then we have the option to place an advert to the wider audience to increase the number of staff on the list

Not sure if any of these have been suggested already but I imagine a few have elsewhere:

- I dont recall ever seeing a keeper mess up a clearance kick from a backpass but I think this happens often enough IRL to be included

- The ability to agree an early transfer for a player who signs a pre contract. IRL, if you sign a player on a pre contract in January to move in the summer, you can try to arrange him leaving/joining your club for a small fee at that time rather than waiting until the summer but we dont have that option yet.

- The ability to try and persuade a player that it is beneficial to go out on loan. I have quite a few youth players who arent ready for 1st team football at my level yet, but I would prefer them to go out on loan and play 1st team football in a lower league than sit in my under 19 team. But most of them refuse any loan offers and I have no option (that I can see) to speak to them and explain that. I appreciate that this happens sometimes IRL, but I think it happens too much in game and especially when there is no tool to try and change it

- Club form to be more dynamic when it comes to teams being favourites for matches. For example, I am currently playing as Inverness and am 3rd in the table after 14 games and am playing Rangers at home who are bottom of the table, yet the odds and team talk options still have Rangers listed as the overwhelming favourites which must be mainly based on the 'normal' expectations

Am sure I will think of some more as I go along but thought I would post those for now whilst I had them in mind

- Club form to be more dynamic when it comes to teams being favourites for matches. For example, I am currently playing as Inverness and am 3rd in the table after 14 games and am playing Rangers at home who are bottom of the table, yet the odds and team talk options still have Rangers listed as the overwhelming favourites which must be mainly based on the 'normal' expectations

This is a must for me & tbh it goes beyond expectations, reputation always overrides current form.

I had a match against Boavista who have just regained their Liga de Honra status after another relegation to the 3rd tier, the pre-match odds had my side as 4/1 rank outsiders & as you've said my media/team interactions reflected these odds despite the fact we were 3 points off promotion last season & have been by far the better side for the last 3 years.

Better GAME AI. For example in the premier league ive noticed in three seasons the clubs that have come up from championship have all been relegated before christmas. Thats not fair or really accurate. On my current game burnley have gone up with dave jones and had 5 points by christmas thats just wrong- it happens to some clubs but it seems to happen to much.

I'm sure these have been posted, but I'll post them anyway.

1. The board has to be far more realistic and flexible. I was playing as Crewe and drew Leicester in the League Cup First Round. The game ended 2 - 1 to Leicester after extra time, despite having more than a league difference between us, and the board fired me because I didn't meet their expectations for the League Cup. This is ridiculous, and it would never happen in real life. If anything, the performance would have made the manager's job more secure.

2. Remove the idiotic reputation requirement when signing players. It's especially crippling when signing older players who used to play in the top teams, but are past their peak. There's no way that they'd turn down a similar contractual offer with a club simply because their reputation is lower. After all, what do they care about reputation when they're two years from retirement? Even for younger players, the reputation aspect is stupid but for players who are 33 or older, it's just laughable.

3. Stop giving non-sugar daddy clubs transfer budgets that are larger than the club's cash balance. I'm playing as a manager, not an accountant and would rather not spend the entire transfer window looking at the budget screen to make sure I'm not putting the club into debt.

I'm sure these have been posted, but I'll post them anyway.

1. The board has to be far more realistic and flexible. I was playing as Crewe and drew Leicester in the League Cup First Round. The game ended 2 - 1 to Leicester after extra time, despite having more than a league difference between us, and the board fired me because I didn't meet their expectations for the League Cup. This is ridiculous, and it would never happen in real life. If anything, the performance would have made the manager's job more secure.

2. Remove the idiotic reputation requirement when signing players. It's especially crippling when signing older players who used to play in the top teams, but are past their peak. There's no way that they'd turn down a similar contractual offer with a club simply because their reputation is lower. After all, what do they care about reputation when they're two years from retirement? Even for younger players, the reputation aspect is stupid but for players who are 33 or older, it's just laughable.

Agree with these, especially number 2 - I remember back in the earlier games one of the options for non top-flight clubs was to sign a fading star, which was more likely back then.

My main wish would be for the AI to make decisions based on form (both for picking their team and transfer policy). The reputation system is now outdated for all the additionaly aspects FM has introduced and needs a major re-think.

Another idea on starting the game - allow it so you don't get hired by a professional team right off the bat. You should have more options on vacationing (only apply to amateur, semi-pro, pro jobs with low reputations) or starting reputation (include coaching experience in the setup; no Sunday league footballer with no coaching experience would get hired for a professional team).

Agree with these, especially number 2 - I remember back in the earlier games one of the options for non top-flight clubs was to sign a fading star, which was more likely back then.

My main wish would be for the AI to make decisions based on form (both for picking their team and transfer policy). The reputation system is now outdated for all the additionaly aspects FM has introduced and needs a major re-think.

On the topic of the AI acting on form above anything else, why do I see this message at some stage in almost all my saves?

"{Famous Manager Name here, usually Roberto Mancini} has been fired as England manager despite leading them to World Cup victory."

SI, are you completely batsh*t crazy? If Diego Maradona, arguably one of the most hated men in this country, lead England to World Cup victory, we'd have a 20-foot statue constructed of the mini-maniac (composed mostly of gold and diamonds) and we'd place it where Nelson's Column once stood. Children, for generations, would be made to pay homage to it, each and every day.

You guys have your Head Office in London for crying out loud, how can you NOT know how much the World Cup means to us? We wouldn't dream of firing whatever poor soul was given the impossible task of winning it, considering it would of taken us AT LEAST 48 years to have found them.

Hopefully this has already been mentioned in this thread, but I want to point it out anyway..

Player roles is probably one of the best new features in the game the last couple of years, but still I don't feel that it works as it should (as it does irl). This is what I mean:

Let's say I am Alex Ferguson and is coaching Man Utd (I am talking irl at the moment). When I use my summer vacation to work on the tactic for the following season, it is not like I am thinking to myself that the striker to the right is going to be a target man and the striker to the left is going to be the poacher. I am thinking that I want Berbatov to work as a target and Rooney as a poacher. Why oh why, SI, have you programmed the game so I can only assign the roles to the positions and not to the player? It would make the game so much more realistic. All the forwards have their type of style. Just because I swap Berbatov for Welbeck, doesn't naturally mean I want Welback to play exactly like Berbatov.

Anyone get my drift? Hopefully I am not the first one to moan about this. Hopefully it will be added to FM13, making it even a bit more realistic!

Hopefully this has already been mentioned in this thread, but I want to point it out anyway..

Player roles is probably one of the best new features in the game the last couple of years, but still I don't feel that it works as it should (as it does irl). This is what I mean:

Let's say I am Alex Ferguson and is coaching Man Utd (I am talking irl at the moment). When I use my summer vacation to work on the tactic for the following season, it is not like I am thinking to myself that the striker to the right is going to be a target man and the striker to the left is going to be the poacher. I am thinking that I want Berbatov to work as a target and Rooney as a poacher. Why oh why, SI, have you programmed the game so I can only assign the roles to the positions and not to the player? It would make the game so much more realistic. All the forwards have their type of style. Just because I swap Berbatov for Welbeck, doesn't naturally mean I want Welback to play exactly like Berbatov.

Anyone get my drift? Hopefully I am not the first one to moan about this. Hopefully it will be added to FM13, making it even a bit more realistic!

This has been mentioned before i believe and i'm all for it, the ability to save a players role, so like you i hope SI include this for FM13.

1. I would like to list my talented young players for loan - But only to a premier league team! Just like with Wilshere and Sturridge going to Bolton for prem experience and doing well, I would like that too. However as Spurs whenever I list youngsters for loan, low level teams from League 1 or The Championship are the only ones to come in for them.

2. Also its been mentioned a thousand times before, but please let me get rid of the deadwood. IRL I know sometimes it can be hard, e.g. with the case of Man City. However for Spurs I am offering quality players for next to nothing, sometimes even nothing and I get zilch, nada, nothing.

On a side note SI, do you actually read and make note of the suggestions? How many if any would actually be implemented? How many suggestions have been implemented in previous years (as a guideline)?. What can we do to push the suggestions further? Or are we just wasting our time... Because some of the same things are said year after year

Please add a transfer listed feature to the editor.

Whether its by the club, or requested by the player. For example, Alex and Anelka wouldn't normally be sold by Chelsea under normal circumstances in the game, however IRL they have both requested transfers. Tevez is transfer listed in the game, so its possible, so please just add a check box to the editor.

The option to exclude players who have already agreed transfers (they should be included as unrealistic), darn annoying if I filter a list of potential transfer targets & those at the top of the list have already signed pre-contract agreements.

I'd like to see the concept of players staying behind after training.

Professional or determined players, could make the decision to do extra training to work on specific aspects of their game, perhaps if they are on the verge of the first team or struggling with a particular aspect of their game. It wouldn't necessarily have to be something that the manager would instigate directly, but could either be based solely on their personalities or as an indirect effect of your actions - e.g. If you constantly take him off when he fails to deliver good crosses, he's more likely to work on that etc.

I want to see less fancy backgrounds like beaches and houses and the inclusion of the tunnel, if the games trying to be realistic visually then where's the tunnel ? fickle i know but i like detail to be accurate and aint a fan of the fancy malarkey that is not needed.

Bar the usual stuff which I am sure have already been mentioned eg better ME, Better Assistant, Better Press Conferances etc. I know it hsn't happened IRL yet but I would like an option where if you get offered the England (or other International job) you can take it and stay at your Club. I have just been offered the England post 5 years in but I am having a good career at my Club so didn't take it because International Fixtures are too few and far between so seems pointless. I know you can "add manager" as we all have but it would be nice if you could have an option to take the job say part time. Just an added option to tick if you wish.

Bar the usual stuff which I am sure have already been mentioned eg better ME, Better Assistant, Better Press Conferances etc. I know it hsn't happened IRL yet but I would like an option where if you get offered the England (or other International job) you can take it and stay at your Club. I have just been offered the England post 5 years in but I am having a good career at my Club so didn't take it because International Fixtures are too few and far between so seems pointless. I know you can "add manager" as we all have but it would be nice if you could have an option to take the job say part time. Just an added option to tick if you wish.

Hasn't it been like you suggest for the entire history of the game?

I want to see a filter in a players history section so that you are able to see their statistics for just your team/other teams played for etc. Its only a small change so I think it could easily be done before the next update/FM 2013.

Second that :thup:

Don't know if this been brought up before. If a player is transfer listed or he is informed by the club or us the manager that he is going to be transfer listed, his agent should take active actions to arrange and tout his client to other clubs. This would be more helpful to managers to offload players out of plans and more interaction between managers and agents, which I think might be more realistic.

Any chance of adding the new 'Info' icon whenever a player is mentioned in the news or where ever, it's a great way to cut down on clicks but it's limited to only certain parts of the game, i'd like to see this next to every player mentioned. Hope that makes sense.

I'd like to see the concept of players staying behind after training.

Professional or determined players, could make the decision to do extra training to work on specific aspects of their game, perhaps if they are on the verge of the first team or struggling with a particular aspect of their game. It wouldn't necessarily have to be something that the manager would instigate directly, but could either be based solely on their personalities or as an indirect effect of your actions - e.g. If you constantly take him off when he fails to deliver good crosses, he's more likely to work on that etc.

That would only work if you had some kind of option to tell him that you took him off because of his poor crossing ability, and that would open up a whole new world of interaction options.

Add an icon number above Player Search icon, representing number of players that are still to be scouted. Sometimes I like to send my scouts to scout great number of players, and won't make any transfer moves before all scouting reports are in.

Future Idea: I think it would be good if you could see a list of those players that have you down as their "favourite personnel". The only way to find out at the moment is if you actually go in to a player and view the relevant screen. Obviously you have created some sort of relationship or bond with these players so it would beneficial to see who they are.

Hopefully people think this would be good.

Future Idea: I think it would be good if you could see a list of those players that have you down as their "favourite personnel". The only way to find out at the moment is if you actually go in to a player and view the relevant screen. Obviously you have created some sort of relationship or bond with these players so it would beneficial to see who they are.

Hopefully people think this would be good.

Players that are coming out of contract in other teams, I would like to approach them and tell them my intent of signing them, get a little feedback and maybe sway them to sign for me or find out they have no intention at all.

Both these ideas are already in the game

You can search for favourites on the player/staff screen, on the search criteria find "Favourites" and then change "contains" to "is" and write your name "David Beckham" for example. You get a list of players/staff that have you on favoured personnel.

For the 2nd idea, click on approach to sign and there is something on the right which says "slight interest", "interested" or "very interested" which tells you how interested he is, if he isn't interested then he usually refuses to negotiate anything.

Just because I ask my strike partnership of wide players to occasionally switch sides it does not mean that I also want them to switch playing roles, not generally a problem for my wide players but if I'm playing a target man/poacher combination I'd rather not see my pacey 1m70 ST playing as a target man just because I've asked the two of them to swap their starting positions during the game.

Would be nice to have a swap position [player x] with but retain original role​.

Can I also ask for the option to set players to mark left/right post as an alternative to near/far, using the latter there is a broadly speaking 50% chance that the player marking the post will be leading with his wrong foot.

Almost forgot, an absolute must is the option to cancel pending tactical changes when a goal is scored, if it can be done for injuries & red cards why not the most game changing of incident?

Football is a family sport

fm 12 relatives.xls - 0.03MB

This is a list with relatives involved with football of real life football players from Real Madrid and Barcelona

you can see how many they are

therefore Regens(newgens) should have relatives just like real life footballers in the game

Real Madrid and Barcelona are only 2 small examples from the footballing world, there are so many well-known players who have a relative involved with football, some of them known some of them not so well known, but the point is, regens should have fathers, brothers, cousins, uncles, sons, nephews this would improve the realism and it would create alot of fun. Also real life players in the game should have sons or brothers more often (I remember fm08, where AI had regen relatives, SI should increase the percentage from 08)

Imagine brothers would come more often through your youth intake, and they could be worldwide material

Imagine you would face father-son teams, like AC Milan Cesare & Paolo Maldini

it would be really fun to watch second-generation footballers or maybe 3rd generation

what do you people say?

Archived