Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Not sure if it has been mentioned before:

Assistant Manager instructions:

We have all see when a manager has been given a touchline ban, that they keep in regular contact with their Ass Man and i think should allow this. You should have the ability to talk or order your ass man to make substitutions etc.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got these ideas over a caffeine aftermath night:

1.) Changing the attribute mechanics: every now and then, we see regens with ridiculously high dribbling but poor flair (example: 20 dribbling but 1 flair). Flair now treated as a limiting factor for other attribute: such that 18 flair meaning maximum achievable dribbling = 18, perhaps might also limiting factor for other attribute such as technique, first-touch, creativity... . Hence, it is reasonable to see players like David Beckham and Frank Lampard with medicore flair evenly distributed CA into other attributes other than dribbling, so called "run of the mill players". This makes Flair a much valuable "asset" in the game.

2.) Changing attribute mechanics: same goes to natural fitness, max stamina <= natural fitness. When this so called maximum attribute achieved, CA will be distributed to other stats such as mental attributes, hence making fitness based players more valuable.

3.) Chaning the attributes mechaincs: in conjuction with the two points above, Flair + Natural Fitness <= "certain number, such as 35?" . Hence you will see players with 20 Falir but not so fit (less Natural Fitness) ; players in the real world such as Messi has 20 Flair but will not be as fit as, say, Michael Essien. The idea is to clearly differentiate between flair and physical players. While players with neither high flair nor high natural fitness will natural gain CA boost on mental stats, which mean when you got less skill and less body physics, play more with your brain! Make sense?

4.) Use the classic training shedule like the old days of Championship Manager: you can set types of training programing based on the time of the day (early morning, late morning, afternoon, and evening session - optional for attendance, may be high Profesionalism players will have tendency to attend).

5.) Only allow dramatic tactical changes - fine detailed player instructions to be issued before kickoff and half time ; only touchline shout allowed during match. You can give too much details of what is in your mind when the game is on; how often do you see manager in real world "telecomunicate" with players and you see a suddenly dramatic change in tactics when game is on? What is told and said before game, is said, the next time to talk lies on the half time break!

6.) I don't know if this is plagarism: use the Pro Evolution Soccer formation system: where possion of CM, SS can be used in a more varied area

7.) Putting in a new visiible attribute <team coherence=""> ; Coherence may be affected by how long the player has been at the club, how much he loves the club (favoured club), favoured personal, team-work attribute. Also coherence is determined by how much time player is spending together in training. You often see people making specific schedule for specific player; now coherence in mind, if players spend more time on the same schedule, Coherence increases; more specific inidividual shcedule, less time together, less coherence. Sorry that I may sound mean, but this is to "penalise" those hardcore players with hundreds of schedule for all individual players, these guys really slow an online game down, annoying. Perhaps traning sessions like "piggy in the middle" might also help improving Coherence, but I know this involves reengineering the whole game engine code.

8.) Reports for training session: it be satisfying for us football fans to read reports of training matches of how much effort a player input.</team>

I'd like to see the refs having more impact on the game. I have noticed that in FM12 you don't get much of the ref making awful mistakes like in real life. Also, like if your a big team and at home, the ref being more favourable ie Man Utd and there 12th man :) lol

I'd like to see better interaction with the board. A good thing would be regular meetings with the board members where different topics that needs to be discussed are brought up. Obviously good variety of topics and available manager-answers would be needed. this could be directly connected to the confidence the board has in you as a manager. Board meetings where your answers don't satisfy the board would decrease the board confidence and thus also decrease your job status.

Another nice thing would be the option to talk to the media about your player's possible inclusion or exclusion from national squad selection. We often see this irl: E.g "...I believe >insert your player's name< could do the job for >insert nation<". This should obviously work to increase of decrease relations with said players and involved national managers.

Just a small point here, it might even have been mentioned already.

Currently when in the first team you can make a player available for the reserve team. Why not have the same option to make first team players available for the U18s?

For those players who really enjoy the game through bringing young players through this could aid this task. Players in the U18s would be more closely monitored and can be possibly made available for the reserves as well. In real life good young players will play with the first team but will still play U18 games. Perhaps this exposure to 'first team' training can be made more of a big deal, particularly when there are some real superstars or experienced players in the first term. A more diluted version of the effects of tutoring perhaps?

*The continental rules for the OFC to be included from the start so there is no need to build them before creating OFC nation domestic leagues.

*The Dynamic rep system to work with within the AFC so teams can move in between competitions dependant on their rating (the AFC works with 3 continental competitions with nations being labeled either developed, developing or emerging which determines which competition they enter)

*Ability to create local regions in the editor (how this would be possible is another question in itself)

*Add an option lower than Sunday League to the manager profile as this year I feel that Sunday League rep gets you higher than you should compared to FM11

It would be nice to actually be able to win red card appeals!! Don't think i've ever won an appeal against a red card in this year's Fm at all. Also, not sure if this was in FM or one of the old CM games, but an option to speak to the FA about the standard of refereeing.

Also, not sure if this was in FM or one of the old CM games, but an option to speak to the FA about the standard of refereeing.
iirc it was CM01/02, didn't last long as there is nothing like in irl.

As for the red card appeal process given the FA's decision about Shaun Derry's red card against Manchester United I have to concede that FM probably has the balance spot on.

I'd like to see the refs having more impact on the game. I have noticed that in FM12 you don't get much of the ref making awful mistakes like in real life. Also, like if your a big team and at home, the ref being more favourable ie Man Utd and there 12th man :) lol

Not sure if you read the after match reports...or watch your matches but ive have sending offs when it shouldve only been a booking, bookings when it shouldve been a red, penalties when it wasnt a penalty and vice versa. Just wish i could win the appeal once in a while....

JUNWENTEH's idea - 5.) Only allow dramatic tactical changes - fine detailed player instructions to be issued before kickoff and half time ; only touchline shout allowed during match. You can give too much details of what is in your mind when the game is on; how often do you see manager in real world "telecomunicate" with players and you see a suddenly dramatic change in tactics when game is on? What is told and said before game, is said, the next time to talk lies on the half time break!

THIS - even if only optional. It would be quite cool to just be reduced to simple changes and shouts during the game, its not like managers can tweak hundreds of fine details immediately while play stops for a throw in.

Also galaturk - in england (or is it scotland?) at least the u18s often play on the same day as the main squad, in the game at least.

I think we should get graphics like fifa, and the ability to buy cars and houses, and maybe even become chairman! and the option to marry

JUNWENTEH's idea - 5.) Only allow dramatic tactical changes - fine detailed player instructions to be issued before kickoff and half time ; only touchline shout allowed during match. You can give too much details of what is in your mind when the game is on; how often do you see manager in real world "telecomunicate" with players and you see a suddenly dramatic change in tactics when game is on? What is told and said before game, is said, the next time to talk lies on the half time break!

THIS - even if only optional. It would be quite cool to just be reduced to simple changes and shouts during the game, its not like managers can tweak hundreds of fine details immediately while play stops for a throw in.

Also galaturk - in england (or is it scotland?) at least the u18s often play on the same day as the main squad, in the game at least.

I think we should get graphics like fifa, and the ability to buy cars and houses, and maybe even become chairman! and the option to marry

You were going so well, why ruin it with the last bit? ;)

It makes online game quicker (stopping people from making annoying changes that lasts 10 or more minutes), and making pre-matches decisions to be more important.

One more thing, pre-match teamtalk tone that also affect team tactics. Example: "relax and enjoy" = more creativity, "expect for a result" = less creativity. Again, it involves match engine engineering.

Don't understand, ruining which bit?

This.

the ability to buy cars and houses, and maybe even become chairman! and the option to marry

No matter how many times these get mentioned they will always be awful suggestions.

I'd actually petition for a sticky telling folk not to bother asking for this sort of garbage. :D

IRL if you cannot get a work permit for a player, you can sign him then loan him back until he's at an age where he can get one. In FM, no WP means no siging and no option to sign in the future.

But everybody would love to get married in a game! until they make the sims include the option to become a football manager im just gonna have to keep hoping that football manager includes it.

juntwenteh your ideas were great i think

Many thanks for the compliment.

I have an even more radical suggestion, if you read Hawshiel's research:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/18848-Current-Ability-and-Atrributes-Research

The game mechanics work in such a way that each position spend different amount of CA (Current Abilty) for specific attributes for specific position. Example: Centreback requires more CA for each increase in Tackling attribute, while there are also "free attributes" such as Dribbling does not spend CA. Same goes to Strikers, where increase in Tackling might not spend CA. (You might need to spend abit of time to read the thread in order to understand the mechanics)

My idea is that there is no "pre-fixed position" for players, which the initial position determines how CA can be spent for specific attributes. Instead, the sensible or available positions for the players are, the other way-round, determined by their attribute. Example: the classic FM rated Messi as a SC, AMC, AMR/L... and these positions determines how his CA could be spent and hence yield the stats you see in the game. My idea, instead, is that Messi is good in Dribbling and Finish, and then hence he would have a "green" circle for "possible positions = SC". Well, this might sounds mind boggling, but it grants a whole new way of gameplay in a very new dynamic FM world. In addition to the "possible position", I would to see a new "position familirity attribute", when playing a player in his "possible position", which may also affect the "Team Coherence" attribute that I previously post.

I know my suggestions will complicate things, and I am no Mathematician or computer programmer, but after a decade of CM and FM'ing, just feel that the mechanics and outcome of the game are abit too "predictable and rigid".

how about the -(number) is an acctual variable in development instead of making a set number, you can get to the top PA if you get the hard work in. i find that the youth players at the team never develop to a high standard

and i think of work permit failed. and a reason would be nice.

how about the -(number) is an acctual variable in development instead of making a set number, you can get to the top PA if you get the hard work in.

and i think of work permit failed. and a reason would be nice.

YES, EXXACTLY WHAT I AM THINKING - NO CAP FOR POTENTIAL ABILITY

instead, putting in a development coefficient for each players. The Judging Player Potential of the scout now serve as how well they read this coefficient, it will be interesting. :)

There needs to be a cap for PA as it exists in real life although it is less rigid than FM, it does feel like there are more instances of players performing above their initially estimated potential irl & this is more closely linked with man management, motivation & tactical acumen which where FM & in particular the AI needs to improve.

Without PA it will become too easy to train players up to the point where they achieve a maximum attribute rating across too many areas as people slowly work out the magic formula & as such the game as a whole will become much easier.

I've seen it happen in management game in the dim distant past where you could coach a group of non-league players to be world superstars in under a decade when there was no upper limit on their potential.

*You could have your own attributes as a manager like example 'Financial control', 'Player Managment' and 'Motivation', this could affect how you are treated by your chairman and the players.

For example at the start of the game you start with a 'Motivation' of 10 and if you are good at team talks this attributewill increase meaning you will be more succesful at motivating players.

Also by keeping a club in a good financial position your 'Financial control' will increase meaning you are more succesful when asking the chariman for more funds.

*Have more options when creating a new manager.

*Something to do with your wage.

*Something to do with your wage.

Like buy a club! Then you could be the boss, and you could buy and sell the players, and you could name it nik_m FC, and you could get a wife, or even two wifes, who cares, you're the boss! They should make it more like the best game in the world the sims!

I sometimes play the sims and football manager together the same time, When my guy in the sims, which is me of course, goes to work I change window to football manager, because that is my job of course, and then I play one game day. Then the next time my guy goes to work again i play another game day. This keeps it very realistic

Like buy a club! Then you could be the boss, and you could buy and sell the players, and you could name it nik_m FC, and you could get a wife, or even two wifes, who cares, you're the boss! They should make it more like the best game in the world the sims!

I sometimes play the sims and football manager together the same time, When my guy in the sims, which is me of course, goes to work I change window to football manager, because that is my job of course, and then I play one game day. Then the next time my guy goes to work again i play another game day. This keeps it very realistic

Great :thup:

This idea: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/304615-Re-implement-a-removed-feature-please!?p=7748389#post7748389

And this: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/304610-FM2013-Chemistry-Ideas-for-the-new-game!?p=7748143#post7748143

Well of course i do it on ultra responsive, so i can click to play once one day has gone. If i get it wrong then of course i have to quit and do it again.

I do the money cheat on the sims to match up with my salary in the game (minus my salary on the sims obviously!), and then I can spend my wages from football manager.

Maybe everybody who thinks what football manager needs is a way to spend money should follow my idea, as i dont think their idea is very popular around here

less long term injuries

should not have FOUR players out 6 league games in with fractured ribs/foot/arm and damaged elbow (again far to common) i do not mind the strains and odd long term injury, but 6 games in this IS unrealistic.

better interation with board, they are not ambitious anough in terms of transfers.

SI could finally drop "2000" from the name of FC Paris. The club itself did, back in 2005.

Founding dates for the playable teams that lack them. I'm looking mainly at the Belarussian and Hungarian leagues. Widely available information.

Up to date kits for playable teams. Even in such a leagues as the two playable Swiss leagues most of the team kits are not only wrong, but have not even changed for years. Just the right colours without any sponsor stuff would be nice.

Adding on to someone else's point from above, I would like to see more power given to Chairmen / Sporting Directors. For Instance, If a team underachieves for 3 or 4 seasons, maybe the club owner would look to replace the Chairman and hire someone he feels would be more suited to hiring the right people to get the club going forward again.

As for the Sporting Directors, a feature where they recommend players would be welcome, as would a feature where they, under specific circumstances (Sugardaddy owner, Plenty of cash in the bank) buy, and even sell players without the consent of the manager! That would make for some interesting decisons as to whether you should stick with a club which you don't have full control over, or try you're luck elsewhere.

Another feature I like the sound of is being able to recruit the types of player you want in youth recruitment, not just deal with the ones you get. Im not talking about specific positions of players (although a defense orientated/ offense orientated could possibly work) and potential ability or stupid things like that, but the type of players, whether they are more technically capable, or physically/mentally w/e else. Could just be a simple slider option implemented, which you could just leave at default if you prefer things the way they are??

As for the Sporting Directors, a feature where they recommend players would be welcome, as would a feature where they, under specific circumstances (Sugardaddy owner, Plenty of cash in the bank) buy, and even sell players without the consent of the manager! That would make for some interesting decisons as to whether you should stick with a club which you don't have full control over, or try you're luck elsewhere.

There was an edition a few years ago where the board suggested players to you, and the board already does sell players without your consent. There is also already the option to ask the board to sign a player who you think will be important, I dont see this as being dissimilar to the manager going to the Director of Football (someone like Comoli), not least because if this option is accepted by the board the go beyond the finances available to you. If the board sell a player without asking you then press conferences ask if you feel undermined, so a bit like whether you should go to a different club where you have full control.

I do agree with you however, that if you do join a club with a sporting director with certain mental attributes, or if perhaps there is a takeover at your club and they install a director of football, that it would be cool if you then find players you didnt sign being bought by the club (but this would have to be a rare occuruence, depending on the nations traditional setup, but for example I would only want it implemented by foreign takeovers in England, and then only at 1 or maybe 2 clubs per long term save

A couple more ideas:

1. Add the ability to filter scouting reports by min/max wage demands so you can see only the players you can afford to sign.

2. Limit the scouting range to an area within a country for lower levels/reputations. Why should my team paying 1,000 pounds a year be scouting players from other countries?

3. Stop automatically allowing scouting within a specific area for smaller clubs. See #2

I would like to see the matchengine sorted out alot especially the offside . Where it never gives offside until the player has run 30 yds to kick the ball . The wrongly given offside when the striker is fouled and it decides he is offside when he clearly was not . The way the tactics drop down at the top of the screen cannot be closed if the change happens while it is open until the next time the ball goes out of play and blocks a large part of the screen . The way if you try and bring on a substitute it will not happen if the opposition decides to substitute someone , you have to wait and wait until the ball goes out of play maybe 3 or 4 times later if they keep making subs. The game decides only one team at once can make subs and the opposition has preference

Its a tiny thing but id like to be able to compare a players attributes with when they were first brought to the club. A feature which would be especially good in young regens. Id like to be able to compare a superstar who is 24 to his 16 year old self just to see how much hes come on.

A couple more ideas:

1. Add the ability to filter scouting reports by min/max wage demands so you can see only the players you can afford to sign.

2. Limit the scouting range to an area within a country for lower levels/reputations. Why should my team paying 1,000 pounds a year be scouting players from other countries?

3. Stop automatically allowing scouting within a specific area for smaller clubs. See #2

1 you can click the boxes to the right of the scouting screen to filter demands

2 lower league teams are already limited to which areas they can scout

Another little thing that i feel should be added is a category in records for Most Appearences and Most Goals

I love seeing the league records but id like to see who the teams top scorers in all competitions are. As its very different at some clubs (Newcastle - Milburn 177 league and shearer 206 total)

Im not sure if this has been mentioned, but I would like to be offered jobs from leagues that arnt loaded; and once you accept the job then the league gets added to the game. Im not sure if this is possible, but it would be an even bigger improvement on the add/remove league feature. I like to manage in loads of leagues around the world, but I dont want to have to load them all; the game would feel so much more realistic if you could take a job in any nation, rather than having to plan for what country you want to manage in next by adding the league.

Im sure it would be possible; it would just require the game to generate a new league instantly, rather than at the end of the season. I imagine that wouldn't be too complicated.

Where is the manager in the dug out? How about putting a manager in there to your selected skin and haircolour, and actually seeing him giving instructions to players and interacting with them when they get subbed? Also being red of anger when someone receives a red card.

You could also assign personality traits when you create a manager: ie eccentric/fair/extrovert/introvert which could translate into: never comes off the bench/walks around whole game, shakes hands after the game, excessively celebrates a goal, etc...

I'd like a checkbox in the holiday options to reject/delay contract offers & another for my PA to automatically offer a new contract to staff members who are approached by other clubs.

If I reach the post season during the evening I will on occasions use this time to holiday to the season update point or start of pre-season while I cook my dinner, it's damn annoying to come back & find that your scouting team have left or your PA has accepted a 4 year contract extension with no wage rise.

Well

Id Like To See..

1.More Leagues (not necessay to be in the game but as offciall addons)

2.When agreeng a contract with a player already under contract expiring in 6 months beeing able to still buy him right away at a cut-down price if not key-player

3.Doing something with wages, or whats the poing renegociating?

4.Being able to rotate more than 2 players as like the 3 attackers in 433 or the 4 midfielders in 442 (square) formations

aelscorpion - your point 2 - you already can more or less do this. IF the player isnt a key player and their contract is running out then they are often transfer listed for a low value. IF they are a key player then sometimes teams prefer to have the player for 6 months rather than a cut down fee, its not unrealistic that you cant buy them on the cheap

point 3 - see above discussion on the sims. some users details some methods of playing both games simultaneously that may suit your needs

When we receive a transfer offer the current system tells us if there is an outstanding loyalty payment to be made to the player & how much that is, what I'd like is an additional section of information telling me what sell-on clauses will be activate & how much will payable to either club &/or player.

This way when I receive a £10m bid for a player I will now immediately whether the club will see all £10m or if £4m of it will be paid out to third parties, the information is already there so it shouldn't be too difficult to collate it as part of the message.

Not sure of this has already been mooted, but I thought about the possibility of changing the job application process. When you apply you could have job interviews with the board. This could be developed in a similar format to press conferences with a number of answers to choose from, which gives you more or less chance of getting a job that initially may or may not be out of your reach.

Sorry if already discussed, didn't fancy scrolling through 70+ pages...

less broken bones.

only 2 injuries 10 games into my season.

fractured arm to kyle walker

broken ribs to phil jones.

similar story on my Bury save except 3 bone injuries

these are mid term out as well, as a result effects attributes.

better scouting, they come back with the same players, or scouting recommendations where a player can be got for free/cheap and has potential.

and for some reason, cards need a tinkering.

just had 2 penalties, great, however my players get booked for similar fouls outside, yet i rarly see a card for penalty fouls

Not sure of this has already been mooted, but I thought about the possibility of changing the job application process. When you apply you could have job interviews with the board. This could be developed in a similar format to press conferences with a number of answers to choose from, which gives you more or less chance of getting a job that initially may or may not be out of your reach.

What a great idea ;)

Especially for when club's have a shortlist to choose from. Questions could revolve around the direction of the club, transfer policy, use of youngsters etc etc.... 5 year plans anyone?

And it'd be nice for a manager to be able to sign future transfers.

pre-contracts that would let them finish their ongoing season then move to their new team.

by that time the other team would be managed by the caretaker manager.

well i'm still playing FM11 so if it's already been done in FM12,sorry guys...

Archived