dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Originally posted by Falastur:

Just one last thing before I let you get back to your challenge posting. Just noticed that people seem to have quite club badges for the promoted teams as well as the playable ones at the start of the game. The one thing I thought was missing while playing as Hitchin was a proper club badge. Could anyone possibly link me to a badge pack with it in?

The downloads section of the website has the badges for the lower leagues.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Scab:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gilbster:

Well it was inevitable after 6750 days (18 years) in charge of Stamford FC, I have been sacked.

A run of bad performances, issues with finances and my luck generally running out has lead to the sacking.

Well that was probably one of my best games of FM for years, and it was my 4th attempt at this years challenge (and only one that really got going).

I will now wait with the rest of you on this thread for the patch (hopefully soon) before I try again.

Wow, that sucks. Unlucky. icon_frown.gif

I hope you'll be back once patched. I've been following your updates. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks everyone for your kind comiserations.

I will definitely be back once the patch is out. Only waiting because there is meant to be a data update and hope that it may affect which teams can come up.

Will be looking for a team that has an affiliate of some sort to start with, just so I know that the board at least believes in links, even if I have to wait a while for them!

Originally posted by Des Tiny:

Gatesheads Ground

Just thought I should show what an advantage it is being based in a bigger city. Check out the 11000 seater complete with practice field with players on it.

I think you might have the wrong ground here. Gateshead play at the International Stadium in Gateshead - it has a running track around it. The ground you have shown would struggle to fit in 500

well I have been away for the weekend took the game with me icon_smile.gif but had no internet icon_frown.gif

Started off well had April manager of the month

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd191/gfoley21/aprilmanagerofmonth.jpg

Then made the playoff final after a very turbulent season, was 2-0 at half time and managed to come back against a good Cambridge team god knows how, think the all out attack worked with route one at the end icon_smile.gif

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd191/gfoley21/theultimatecomeback.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd191/gfoley21/theultimatecomeback2.jpg

so there I was promoted from the south happy days ...

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd191/gfoley21/endseasonresults0809.jpg

the board seemed quite happy http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd191/gfoley21/secon...nstartconfidence.jpg

Started the second season (my first in the blue square prem) with a massive clearout of deadwood.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd191/gfoley21/secondseasonclearout.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd191/gfoley21/secondseasonpreview.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd191/gfoley21/secon...nstartingprofile.jpg

However i soon realised i was up the creek when the board paid the bonus for promotion which i stupidly and eagerly set as high icon_frown.gif -250,000k not good

now have to rely on free signings that are rubbish and the under 18 loans from crystal palace and things are not looking good and i have no resources to so anything about it, relegation beckons i think

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd191/gfoley21/tableofshame.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd191/gfoley21/finances2ndyear.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd191/gfoley21/averageconfidence.jpg

anyone have any suggestions? icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by spankie:

Hitchin Town ground apparently.

I have no idea where they can fit in 3800 people.

Your Groundsman having problems with straight lines there icon_smile.gif

At least you lot all have room for expansion. (Is it wrong that the people in the houses around my ground have a better view than the paying fans icon_smile.gif)

3Sixty's Chippenham town update 2017-2018

WHAT A SEASON.

As andy gray would say "Take a bow son, take a bow. "

Table

I know the table looks bloody fantastic, but in all fairness, it could have been even better as shown by the graph.

Graph

Although looking at that again, it could have been so much worse lol.

Danny Rose also managed to clinch footballer of the year, which i think is a first for this years challenge.

Footballer Of The Year

The Squad

Some very handy looking average ratings in there.

Lukas was my top scorer for the 2nd season running.

But Joeseph Lowe impressed me after coming in from Celtic on deadline day.

Season Transfers

Club Info

How am i not the favoured personnel list?

What more do they want the frickin' world cup?

Good Luck All.

I have 1 month to go until my contract expires. I asked for a new one a month ago and have had several messages confirming that they may lose me and that a new contract is due to be offered.

Am in Lg2, finished 13th when my objective was to stay up.

I want to go to bed but gotta press space bar for a month and see if I get the new deal.

btw Andy Caton scored another 33 goals this season (31 in the league) This now makes (league only) 4 consecutive seasons of 30 goals and 145 in 214 games. Didn't Steve Bull play for England when in the lower leagues? icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by kccircle:

I have 1 month to go until my contract expires. I asked for a new one a month ago and have had several messages confirming that they may lose me and that a new contract is due to be offered.

Am in Lg2, finished 13th when my objective was to stay up.

I want to go to bed but gotta press space bar for a month and see if I get the new deal.

btw Andy Caton scored another 33 goals this season (31 in the league) This now makes (league only) 4 consecutive seasons of 30 goals and 145 in 214 games. Didn't Steve Bull play for England when in the lower leagues? icon_wink.gif

Contract offered [icon_smile.gif]

I'll post an update soon - objective next season will be the play offs

Annihilator666 - Merthyr Tydfil - Season 17/18 - Championship

Manager Profile - Manager Profile

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Results - Results #1 | Results #2

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Top Scorer - Christian Leblanc

Fans' Player of the Year - Christian Leblanc

Records - Team Overall Records | Team Season Records

A decent season really, as I didn't change much from last year. Started off really well, but gradually drifted away from December/January onwards. I'm happy enough with 14th place though.

Once again, the stadium expansion was blocked by the council and I obviously don't have enough in the coffers to build a new stadium.

Also, some of my first team players didn't know if they wanted to sign new contracts or not, therefore I had to flog them off rather than risk letting their deals run out. So I'll be losing a few players in the upcoming pre-season

Indeed, well done 3sixty, Europe was too far away from me, so just holding on for the patch.

Also noticed that Man Utd got relegated icon_biggrin.gif what sort of team have they got there now then. Seems like FM2007 when after a couple of seasons, they always fall by the wayside, whilst, grudginly admitting that it wouldn't happen in real life.

Well done 3sixty, hope you get a nice cup run against east european gimmes!! icon_biggrin.gif

MachinegunHead - Matlock - Season 2011/2012 - Blue Square North

Well, after a 2 year campaign in the Blue Square Premier, I found myself thrown back down into obscurity to face off against my former Northern foes. I promised my team a top half finish, not expecting to do anything special after last years failed hopes and dreams. To no-ones surprise, I found myself dancing in the realms of relegation a few weeks into the season. On a whim I decided to change my tactics back from my specially tailored sliders to the default 4-4-2. The effect of this can be shown by this delightful graph.

League Standings

So yeah! MY FIRST AUTOMATIC PROMOTION!!!! I am now hoping that I can hold my own in the premier and not spend my seasons dancing around the bottom of the table. Just to verify the fabulous result, here is the final league table.

This season was also Sheffield United's first season in the premier league since they took me on board as a feeder, and to my delight they managed to pull off this result. Hopefully this means that they will be acquiring some new talents for me to loan up. Especially seeing as the two they sent me last season were dog spit.

Also, some of you may be interested to hear that my star goalie 'Magnus Nilsen' got a haircut this year:

before

After

(He also improved quite a bit, and is hopefully going to keep me alive in the premier)

Originally posted by migwar:

as i said to someone on Gundo's challenge, unless you need the money or he's unhappy, dont do it.

he's obviously quality, got a great scoring record, and he's got years in him. he'll probably help you more in the long run by staying...

I agree with this. There is no point unloading a quality striker like him unless you are in debt, don't need/want him or you KNOW you can get an equal or better striker for less cash.

I'm having major problems uploading screenies to prove things at the moment icon_frown.gif

In any case Mangotsfield United have done it again icon_eek.gif

Mangotsfield League 1 Runners Up icon_eek.gif

It came down to the last game of the season. Coventry were sitting in 2nd 1 point above us, but a much worse goal difference. Brighton had the League in the bag and we were in the middle of a run of indifferent form. Away at Luton (6 games unbeaten) and needing results to go our way, 3-2 down in the 82nd minute, thiings did not look good.

Up steps Smejkal, my Czech MC, he strides purposefully into the penalty and neatly tucks the ball in the bottom left corner. 3-3 at the final whistle, but how did Coventry get on?

They only went and lost at home to Swansea 1-2, so my boys got promoted on goal difference icon_biggrin.gif

I will try and ensure i post some screenies this evening, not that you don't believe me icon_wink.gif

I must say having Prosinecki as my Ass Man has proved very useful as his knowledge has been invaluable in the transfer market. I will elaborate more on this later icon14.gif

So this makes it 4 promotions on the bounce and still my stadium is tiny (300 seating, capacity about 2500 icon_rolleyes.gif), but due to lack of funds etc You know the story icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyway here's to the Championship icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by sergent21:

Indeed, well done 3sixty, Europe was too far away from me, so just holding on for the patch.

Also noticed that Man Utd got relegated icon_biggrin.gif what sort of team have they got there now then. Seems like FM2007 when after a couple of seasons, they always fall by the wayside, whilst, grudginly admitting that it wouldn't happen in real life.

Yeah Man Utd went into administration at the end of the season before, had to sell off all there good players, half there squad was made up of youths.

Scab - I had 2 big bids for players in the summer 15m for my footballer of the year now world cup winner midfielder, which i begrudgingly turned down.

And 12.5m for my 20 year old right back, however that offer was from Portsmouth so it was easy to turn down icon_biggrin.gif

My right back was "Upset i didn't let him talk to Portsmouth".

He seems to have settled down abit now though, he is just flattered by the interest being shown in him.

Thing is i was never going to sell him, i payed 6.5m for him a year ago and Newcastle have a 35% of his future fee.

So they would get around 4m of that leaving me with very little profit.

season review - Matt6 - Hitchin Town - 08/09 - And so it begins…

Pre-Season

Inheriting a team with only six youth players is always a challenge, so a busy pre-season in the transfer market saw 18 free transfers join Hitchin Town. Realising that this could be a tricky season I decided to get a decent goalkeeper in, loaning James McKeown from Peterborough, bringing a total of 19 new faces to the canaries.

Friendly results where seen as irrelevant as most of them were played with few players as they were yet to be signed.

19 year old left back Joe Widdowson was appointed Captain, with 23 year old Gary Elphick as his vice-captain. This reflects the general age of the squad, with the average age being just 20.

August

A tricky month with a horrible start, after going 1-0 up away to Hayes & Yeading the final score line of 5-1 to Hayes & Yeading was disappointing. The month ended on a high with a 4-0 win over Sutton Utd.

Month stats: W2 D1 L3

Position: 17th

September

A much better month, this month also saw the start of the F.A. Cup, with a 3-3 draw at home to Northwood.

Stats: W4 D2 L0

Position: 4th

Awards: Player of the Month: 19 year old striker Sean Taylforth scored 5 goals in 5 games, with an average rating of 8.00

October

A bad start to this month saw Hitchin crash out of the F.A. Cup losing the 2nd Qualifying round replay 4-1 to Northwood, however a 5-1 win over Weston-super-Mare in the Setanta Shield 1st Round made up for this.

Stats: W3 D1 L2

November

This month saw Hitchin progress in both the Setanta Shield and the FA Trophy, as well continuing steadily in the League.

Stats: W4 D2 L1

December

The month started with Hitchin advancing to the 4th round of the Setanta Shield. The month then ended with Hitchin crashing out of the Setanta shield by losing 4-0 to Stockport.

Stats: W3 D2 L2

Position: 5th

January

One new addition to the squad this month, Portuguese winger Lino Goncalves joining on loan from Fulham. This was probably the best month under my management so far as well as a winning run in the league Hitchin got through two rounds of the FA Trophy into the 4th round, including a shock 1-0 win over Oxford

Stats: W7 D2 L0

Position: 3rd

Awards: Manager of the Month

February

A fairly average month. It included a defeat in the FA Trophy, just leaving the league to focus on now.

Stats: W2 D2 L2

March

Not that exciting a month, average in results as well.

Stats: W2 D0 L2

April

The season is nearly over now, another solid month that included qualification for the playoffs. The month also saw Sean Taylforth get his second player of the month award, scoring 7 goals in just 3 games, with an average rating of 9.00.

Stats: W2 D1 L1

Position: 4th (Qualified for Playoffs)

May

With just one league game left a 5-1 win over Lewes wasn’t a bad way to end the league campaign. Bring on the playoffs!

Stats: W1 D0 L0

Position: 4th (Qualified for Playoffs)

Playoffs

Semi final 1st Leg: Braintree 1-6 Hitchin

Semi final 2nd Leg: Hitchin 5-1 Braintree

Semi final aggregate: Hitchin 11-2 Braintree

Final: Lewes 1-3 Hitchin A.E.T

Summary

Final Position: 4th (Promoted)

Awards: 2nd in Manager of the Season

Fans Player of the Season: Sean Taylforth

Table

Transfers

Season Review

Okay so I was enjoying my Bedford game but I decided to go to sleep. That was yesterday. Today I went to continue my game but now its taking too much more memory and cpu usage is always 99 for the fm.exe process, it slows down the whole pc and is extremely slow itself, its unplayable right now. I didn't have any problems till now :S what happened in one night??? I didn't change anything what is the problem?? icon_confused.gificon_frown.gif

Thanks

I'll be having a crack at this challenge hopefully later this week, new patch permitting.

Just a quick question about past experience: on the first page it says this should be "Sunday League Footballer". However, I thought the lowest setting was actually "Automatic", as this was also used in the last two challenges. Could someone confirm what this should actually be?

Originally posted by Crispypaul:

I'll be having a crack at this challenge hopefully later this week, new patch permitting.

Just a quick question about past experience: on the first page it says this should be "Sunday League Footballer". However, I thought the lowest setting was actually "Automatic", as this was also used in the last two challenges. Could someone confirm what this should actually be?

Last year, we experienced some people getting higher reputations due to their age on the assumption that automatic was choosing the most appropriate reputation for them, so it was changed to Sunday League Footballer so that everyone would get the lowest reputation.

Turns out it didn't make the slightest bit of difference, people's reputations are exactly as they have been for the last two years.

2nd Season Update

King's Lynn 09/10

After a successful first season, finishing 6th, my board were extremely happy, yet gave me no help to push on to greater things. No transfer budget but a slightly increased wage budget.

I thought 10th was a fair media prediction, but any improvement on last year would be a real result.

I set about improving my slightly aging squad by bringing in a lot of youth. These are my transfers .

Blue Square North 09/10 Final Standings

Squad

Renton

Finances

Confidence

lets see what happens next year.

Tiverton Town - League 2 - 2012/2013 - End of Season Round-Up[/b

Final Position = 15th

League

A very mediocre season with a mediocre bunch of players. I knew i would not achieve anything this season with the players at my disposoal but it is still nice to dream.

Small Squad

Confidence

Finances are fine but still not good enough for the board to offer any form of investment in the club. I hope they will next season!

Finances

Archived