dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Originally posted by ChelseaDaft:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gilbster:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChelseaDaft:

Patch is out !!!! Downloading now. Will also go on holiday and set my game up in the morning when i wake up!!

I'm leaving it to download overnight and will holiday and start reloading in the morning. May not pick a team until I have finished work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good luck with this new patch after what happened to you before!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks ChelseaDaft, and good luck with your new games everyone.

Now to find me a faster internet connection, a board that believe in the power of affiliates and a low rep club icon_smile.gif

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if we want to restart this challenge, most likely with the same team, how should we go about doing this? Should we remove ourselves from the online table listing league, start all over? What should we do.

There were MANY things fixed in the latest patch, and I know I want to start all over in this challenge.

Originally posted by timers:

So if we want to restart this challenge, most likely with the same team, how should we go about doing this? Should we remove ourselves from the online table listing league, start all over? What should we do.

There were MANY things fixed in the latest patch, and I know I want to start all over in this challenge.

I think that is the best thing to do. Maybe to make sure the patch is in full effect, restart from the VERY start, as in create a new one-year holiday save, so that you are using the updated database too.

MachineGunHead, thats what I was planning on doing. Though Im worried that I wont draw the same team....oh well though. If not, then it was never meant to be. Ended up in League 2 with Tiverton. Look forward to starting FRESH, and doing well in this challenge.

Installed FMC V2 graphic pack right now as well icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by timers:

MachineGunHead, thats what I was planning on doing. Though Im worried that I wont draw the same team....oh well though. If not, then it was never meant to be. Ended up in League 2 with Tiverton. Look forward to starting FRESH, and doing well in this challenge.

Installed FMC V2 graphic pack right now as well icon_wink.gif

Yeah, I think a new setting will do you good, and will make the patch feel newer too icon_biggrin.gif. I'm considering starting again, but I'm really enjoying this Matlock Town save, just finished my 5th season. I'll write a short update for it in a sec.

Hopefully this patch gives me some luck with drawing <1000 rep clubs.

Will the reputation be changed for any of the 1st page teams listed. Just wondering as once I go on holiday, Ill have to make a decision on which team to pick. IF Tiverton are there, then Ill pick them obviously, but if not, then I want the challenge to still be as real as possible.

Matlock Town - 2012/13 - Blue Square Premier - Season Summary

Well, even though nothing special happened this year, I am still going to declare it as the best season in Matlock Town's football history. Not only was the final position of 16th the highest position my team has ever reached, but we managed to pull back a 450k debt left by last seasons foray into the Blue Square North. My team also reached 9th in the league at one stage, and looked like they could threaten making the play-offs, but that was never to be.

The season was one for record breaking though, with record crowds, record gate receipts, record unbeaten runs (albeit mostly draws) and Jonathan Pringle becoming the clubs all-time highest goal scorer. He actually stole the crown from Tom Clarke, who featured strongly in the first 3 seasons, but was put on the bench due to the signing of a talented lad called Paul Radford.

BSP final table

Form

Start of Season odds (worth posting because I was only meant to avoid relegation icon_biggrin.gif)

Onwards to next season, which will be played with the use of the new patch!!! I can't wait.

Well, now that the patch is out I've decided to join in the fun (when I get home since the people at work will probably be cranky if I play here... icon_smile.gif).

I have a question though. I know that it's not allowed to use the search field, but what about looking trough clubs' transfer history and see which people they've let go on free transfer?

Originally posted by Pixelpinnen:

Well, now that the patch is out I've decided to join in the fun (when I get home since the people at work will probably be cranky if I play here... icon_smile.gif).

I have a question though. I know that it's not allowed to use the search field, but what about looking trough clubs' transfer history and see which people they've let go on free transfer?

I don't believe there's a rule against searching, just make sure to only sign players you can scout. If you can't scout them, you must bring them to your club on trial to sign them.

Originally posted by SonicAD:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pixelpinnen:

I don't believe there's a rule against searching, just make sure to only sign players you can scout. If you can't scout them, you must bring them to your club on trial to sign them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok. Thanks icon14.gif

Originally posted by Spurs1979:

Are you restarting to Kanovi?

Yeah.. i cant see my Prescott Cables over win the stupid loan from the board.. im losing alot of money.

To bad i made it to the championship before they made the loan for the new stadium icon_smile.gif

But hey, now i have the experience to take my new club far icon_smile.gif

as i spent 6 years taking bedford town all the way to the same place we started from, i feel the best thing to do is restart with the patch and use my new found lower league experience to take another team up the tables.

if bedford pop up again, i might take them, or maybe i'll try something new icon_smile.gif

Season 2016/17 Review - Hendon in the Premiership

A rather shaky first season in the Premier League, but that was expected. It was pretty clear that mainly my central midfielders weren't up to par for this league, but we managed to survive the drop after a lot of struggling down by the 16th-19th positions. In fact, thanks to a strong end to the season, we finally climbed up to 12th and managed to hang on up there. Cup runs were unspectacular as usual, meeting the board's expectations but no more than that.

League Table

Topping the "Goals For", 3rd in the "Goals Against". That just about sums my season up. The strikers are doing better than ever, but my defending is dismal. Will need some new signings for next season.

Past Positions

Terrific end to the season; I was really worried there for a while. I do get the feeling we did better after I applied the official patch, but then again we're talking about ~10 games, so that might just be coincidence.

The Squad

Overall very happy with most of them, but would still like to see more goals from the midfielders. I will probably try to sign someome with some long shooting abilities in the summer; I miss the sort of goals Lumsdon contributed with back in League 1/League 2.

Transfers

Splashed on a strong new defender, sold off some of the players I didn't think would cut it and was lucky enough to find some very cheap/free replacements on expired/expiring contracts.

Star Player

That thought about Luleyski not cutting it in the Premiership? Rather misguided. Turns out he's the league top goalscorer, not to mention being 3rd on the assists chart. And to think I almost sold him off just before this season...

Random Stats

Balance: £47,119,402

Wages: £229,156/£253,969

Average Attendance: 32059 (32981 in the league)

Media Prediction: 20th

Squad Average Age: 24

Training Facilities: Good

Youth Facilities: State of the Art Youth Facilities + Youth Academy

Originally posted by Spurs1979:

Struggling to get a team here, havent seen Hendon once or any other nice teams, Hitchin have been about the most attractive side to be in terms of a challenge & even they're not a low rep icon_frown.gif

I know the feeling, restarted 42 times so far and have seen Chippenham once, and then on the same go Ilkeston, Halesowen and Mangotsfield. I have saved those teams but will continue in case of anything more interesting.

Originally posted by Gilbster:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spurs1979:

Struggling to get a team here, havent seen Hendon once or any other nice teams, Hitchin have been about the most attractive side to be in terms of a challenge & even they're not a low rep icon_frown.gif

I know the feeling, restarted 42 times so far and have seen Chippenham once, and then on the same go Ilkeston, Halesowen and Mangotsfield. I have saved those teams but will continue in case of anything more interesting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Took me ages to get Hendon last time, they werent my first choice but Green is my favourite colour so went for them.

I just got Gloucester City though which is ok, except I hated the place with a passion when I went to gloscat there icon_wink.gif

Saved it thought just incase I can't get any other sub 1000 team through, it seems worse now then it was without the patch to get small teams, was hoping it'd be easier & I'd get Harlow Town but I think I could reload 10000 times & never see them.

Season 2011/12 - Bedford - League One

Had a great season for first time in League one, I was always in top half of the table and finally finished 8th. Had a good run in the cups too which did great for my bank balance. Won my first cup which was Johnstone's Paint Trophy. I regret it a bit because of the cup bonus.. lol

Now this season I will try to consolidate my position in league one and maybe gain promotion, although thats tough its not like Blue Square Premier hehe. I have signed 3 great French youngsters that will help for my bid to get promotion this season.

Table

Cup Final

This seasons transfers

So after not playing the game for a while, I have decided to have another go with the patch.

I am the new manager of Hitchin.

Although "real men", manage teams with reputations of less than 1000, I was bored with reloading and the fact that they had a player with the same surname as me in the youth team, who looks like he might be good enough to get a game closed the deal.

It wasn't all good news though as another youth player is about to eneter the Records Thread for having the most attributes currently rated at 1.

oh goody! Just looking around, i have a 0k transfer budget and a 2.3k p/w wage budget, only on £70k a week now so a bit of money to play with!

Now just to find someone willing to play for the club I now know are nicknamed 'The Bluebirds'

Archived