dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Good luck with it this time Jimbo.

You were Hitchin on '06 weren't you?

If not 06, then certainly one of the early 07 attempts. I hated the colour at first but grew to quite like it in the end.

My only problem with the game now appears to be that it has just lost it's lustre for me icon_frown.gif.

Let's see what a couple of seasons of mediocrity can do to change that icon_wink.gif.

Having spent the best part of 2 hours reloading and only finding the 1 sub 1000 team I have started as Chippenham Town manager.

Seems that after the patch, the lower rep teams dont come around all that often. Also another thing I have found is that this time I have found getting any sort of player to come to my club really difficult. Last time, pre patch, players were more willing to come to me, this despite having a slightly lower rep than I currently have.

I can see this being more difficult than ever before, so here I go.

I'll do updates as and when I need to icon_biggrin.gif

Good luck everybody icon14.gif

Chippenham Town - 2013/14 - Coca-Cola League 2 - End of Season Update

However bad it feels to miss out on promotion, this was really quite a good season. We never dropped below 9th on the table (which was our finishing position the previous season), and still had a chance at automatic promotion late on into the season. As it turned out though, we fell out with one match to go and had to win and hope for help to make the playoffs. We managed that, but couldn't make it past Wycombe to make it to the final.

Final Table

Graph

Results p3

Results p4

Transfers

Current Squad

Current manager profile

Originally posted by pepemandias:

Can anyone confirm if the overall speed of the game have improved?

Because I really want to give it a new try.

If you mean during the beta patch then yes the speed has improved and appears to be back to what it was before any of the patches. Sure its in the changelist as well. Hope that helps icon14.gif

Originally posted by Pixelpinnen:

Well then. Holiday Man has retired to go and live on an island in the caribbean.

And now introducing... *drumroll* the new manager of the mighty Tiverton Town.

And I haven't got the faintest idea where that knowledge of Bosnia is coming from icon_confused.gif

Good luck, the Bosnia knowledge does seem a bit random though.

You having any luck signing any sort of decent players??

Originally posted by sergent21:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pixelpinnen:

Well then. Holiday Man has retired to go and live on an island in the caribbean.

And I haven't got the faintest idea where that knowledge of Bosnia is coming from icon_confused.gif

You having any luck signing any sort of decent players?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesnt sweden have alot of bosnian refugies ?

I know Zlatan is a bosnian, isnt he?

Originally posted by sergent21:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pepemandias:

Can anyone confirm if the overall speed of the game have improved?

Because I really want to give it a new try.

If you mean during the beta patch then yes the speed has improved and appears to be back to what it was before any of the patches. Sure its in the changelist as well. Hope that helps icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I realized that before the first beta patch the game was much more fast but then I installed the patch and it became really slow so I decided to stop and haven't installed the beta "2".

I'm looking forward to leading Brackley Town to european and world glory icon_biggrin.gificon14.gificon_smile.gif

And thanks for the info sergent21 icon_smile.gificon14.gif

Originally posted by kaNovi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sergent21:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pixelpinnen:

You having any luck signing any sort of decent players?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesnt sweden have alot of bosnian refugies ?

I know Zlatan is a bosnian, isnt he? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah he is. Still weird though, since I've personally never been there, but hopefully it will lead to me finding some insanely good bosnians in the future icon_smile.gif

Chelmsford City BSS 2010-11 Season

Thought better do update before crcking on now have patch

well season was brillant with us finishing 1st and the best bit was after about game 10 we were never out of top 3 finally my tactics are working a treat

confidence is okay but have to survive next season in BSP to meet contract and profile needs abit of work also to help get contract renewal next year

but on a good note survival next year should be do able as having link with Charlton Atheletic as it was with this link that promotion was gained transfers last season included 6 youth or reserve players from charlton who had not played in premiership or championship which Charlton are currently in

with all the transfers in and out i finally had a good small squad that play well together and gelled almost immediately the player of the year who we signed 2 seasons ago from rushden after 4 games is turning into a gem now hes used to how we play

finances are doing okay but i think need a good FA Cup run to increase bank balance therefore hopefully will get more transfer funds as this season i had £50,000 to spend but there weren't any suitable players to buy

so next season

1) stay up

2) good cup run

3) get new contract

Originally posted by SonicAD:

I just checked the reputations in the patch database in the editor, and they match exactly what they were in dafuge's original post, so you can still use that as your guideline.

That's a shame, I was hoping they may have been tweaked so we could see some new teams promoted.

Originally posted by dafuge.

That's a shame, I was hoping they may have been tweaked so we could see some new teams promoted.

To be honest, its a nightmare tryig to get a team with a rep below 1000, seems like a few others had the same problem as me. Oh well..

Not had a bad start though, 1 win and 1 defeat, with plenty of goals in the both. Hopefully wont see the stupid results like before with the regular 7-4's and so on.

Deleted my holiday save after I wasn't getting any teams sub 1000 & made a new game with a new holiday man. Been lucky with this save as I've had Hendon, Boreham Wood, Chippenham, Carshalton, Banbury, Ilkeston, Gloucester & Mangotsfield come up since.

I can't decide on a team though, I really want Harlow Town but they're never going to come up icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by Nick-TheImps:

gilbster are thoose teams there after the new patch was installed? if so could you upload them please icon_biggrin.gif

if anyone ever manages to get lincoln united promoted please send me it!!

Yes they are after the patch has been installed.

Happy to upload them if someone can recommend somewhere to upload them to. I dont want to risk the bandwith on the webspace I have.

Spurs1979 I am also contemplating re-holidaying to try and get more selection on the sub 1000 teams.

Originally posted by Scoham:

Same teams still being promoted then? icon_frown.gif

Seems that way, the repuations havent changed, and from my first holiday man game it feels harder to get the interesting teams promoted, hence I am holidaying again now.

Not 100% sure what team I want to be, I just want to have seen a selection of them before chosing.

because my parents club dont seem to accept my bids if i go and ask for loan.

Which they did everytime prepatch

KaNovi, you're Boreham Wood right? If so then unless it has changed with the patch, the 2 parents you start with only give you friendlies and you dont have a loan agreement with them, which may explain why they arent accepting your bids.

Originally posted by Gilbster:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaNovi:

because my parents club dont seem to accept my bids if i go and ask for loan.

Which they did everytime prepatch

KaNovi, you're Boreham Wood right? If so then unless it has changed with the patch, the 2 parents you start with only give you friendlies and you dont have a loan agreement with them, which may explain why they arent accepting your bids. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah okay.. that explains it.

Well, im gonna keep them anyway, i dont want to build my team up around loans, and getting freindlies with arsenal will be a financial boost..

Originally posted by Spurs1979:

Deleted my holiday save after I wasn't getting any teams sub 1000 & made a new game with a new holiday man. Been lucky with this save as I've had Hendon, Boreham Wood, Chippenham, Carshalton, Banbury, Ilkeston, Gloucester & Mangotsfield come up since.

I can't decide on a team though, I really want Harlow Town but they're never going to come up icon_frown.gif

by any chance did keep those on a save game? :p

Nice going kaNovi icon14.gif

Yeah its going good, unfortunaly i just lost to number 4 salisbury.. just hope i can keep up the good form anyway!

How are you doing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just played my first league game of the season, a 4-0 win against Thurrock. And my strikers proved that pace is what counts (both of them have pace 16 and were running through the opposing defence like it wasn't there icon_smile.gif)

Archived