dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that using the retain english lower league players would be fine. It's meaning that the teams we play with have players. It's not really realistic having teams that have no players.

I like to have some starting players to work with.

I don't see the problem with having that one only.

Tiverton Town - 2008/2009 - Blue Square South - Season Review

First season done and it exceeded all my (and my board's) expectations.

Table

I'm actually pretty shocked over how well it went and I was waiting for the famous drop in form to come, but as shown in the graph it never came.

Squad

The loanees were incredible, as expected, but the rest of the team also played better than I could've dreamed.

Some of the non-loanee stars include:

Lewis Edge - Don't let his average rating fool you, this guy saved us more times than I dare to count.

Phil Doren - He played like a god on the left flank, especially in the cups.

Danny North - 26 goals in 25(3) games speak for itself.

The team reached the semi final in the FA Trophy but the other cup runs were pretty average.

Counting the league and the cups' we only lost 7(!) games all season, scoring a total of 139 goals (2.5 p/m) and only conceding 42 (0.8 p/m).

Now let's bring on the BSP and see if we can replicate this performance for next season icon_biggrin.gif

I made it to League One playoffs, although all the season I was fighting for the first 2 places but its still a good result, one of the playoff teams is Cardiff which I bet 6-1 and 7-1 in the league lol Hope to win promotion to the CHAMPIONSHIP! icon_biggrin.gif Will play them later and post the updates

I wish my scouts would hurry up. Currently in mid-September with Maidstone and my three scouts have yet to find a single player. :S My bunch of kids and rejects are doing enough just now to keep our heads above the water, but could really do with some quality loan signings to help out our midfield.

Season End - Boreham Wood - Blue Square Premier - 09/10

Table

Well.. did great most of the season as i would have guessed.

I got in quite some few class players for the club, and only one loan from Millwall.

I havent changed my tactics as my team seems to be playing really great footy most of the time.

Unfortunaly it wasnt enough to beat Rochdale in the playoff final, and i will hate them forever now icon_smile.gif

My Best players:

Arthur

Great play once again, my best player second season around! and this season its not on loan but on a permanant deal

Mulligan

Great play in the back. not the greatest attributes, but he does a great job.

Pitman

Does a good job mostly, and scores some important goals. Im playing with only 1 striker, so he has done a pretty decent job.

Nelson

Good play in the back. he looks like hes going to be a decent signing.

Payne

Not the best season from him, but i have big hopes for him indeed!

The Cups:

I went out in first round of FA cup to a greyed out Oxford City

I made it to the 4th round in both FA trophy and setanta.

Overview

Finance

Great finances! this is mainly because of my okay cup run, and my gate reciept where i have earned 1 mio !!!! avr. attendance was 2131, really nice!

Transfers

For the new season i might look for a faster striker as i think its key when only playing one upfront.

I will look to strenghten my midfield to as i had big problems in late season because of injuries.

I hope i dont have to go trhough a playoff again, so my hope for the season is to win the league, hehe icon_smile.gif

Introducing Totti, Hemel Hempsteads newest signing. Please note the scout reports link on the left hand side to prove he was scoutable (played in England last season).

I already have quite a few good strikers but during a recent injury crisis I realised I had no backup at all. Hence Totti is now a proud member of the Hemel squad.

AFC Wimbledon - End of Season 1 - Blue Square South

Table

Squad

Transfers 1|Transfers 2

Well, given a rather luxurious wage budget of around £11,000 p/w I tried my best to sign players who would challenge for the title. I set my initial expectations at a respectable league position, but an unbeaten league run from the 3rd game of the season which stretched right to the end secured automatic promotion for the Wombles!

I managed to surprise the board further by reaching the 2nd round in the FA Cup, thanks to a 2-0 home giantkilling against League 1 Notts County! I also reached the 4th round of the Setanta Shield when the board expected the 3rd Round. Only disappointment was going out in the 1st round of the FA Trophy thanks to a tough tie away to Torquay.

My one major worry is the finances, while I stuck inside the budgets for the whole season, my finances are now at -£200,000, which is a great deal of debt to accumulate. Whether that's due to the majority of my side on full-time contracts I'm not sure, I'm just glad I didn't set my expectations higher as the debt could have been worse!

My 2 Star Men: Tom Piotrowski | Zavon Hines

(Hope the screenshots & URLs work!)

Witton 10/11 - BSP - Rodrigo De La Vega

A fairly hard slog of a season. We didn't dominate the league in any way resembling the way we had in the BSN. Which, is to be expected in a way.

Cup competitions were generally dissapointing. We made it into the second round of the FA Cup but under performed badly in the Trophy and Setanta Shield. Something which the board weren't quick to forget or forgive.

In the end though a couple of good players and a good run here and there meant we made it through to the playoffs.

League Table

Semi Leg 1 V Halifax

I complained about a dodgy decision and was promptly banned for the second leg. Not the most brilliant of timing there. But I did deserve it I suppose.

Semi Leg 2 V Halifax

Very tight but we squeezed through. Didn't exactly fill me with hope for the final though.

Final V Oxford

Wooo! League 2 here we come.

The change came with two good bits of information.

Turning Pro

Finally! and...

Huddersfield

The team I support are now my parent club!

The player of the season was, predictably,

Danny Ward

Next Season

I've offloaded a couple of my backup players who aren't able to cut it any more. Which means I'm on the look out for an extra midfielder, defender and keeper to keep things balanced and covered.

I've told the board that we'll avoid relegation so my wage budget is reasonable. Hopefully that'll mean I can get some decent cover in.

I've patched and I'm going to carry on and see if it's okay icon_smile.gif

Season 2008/09 Review - Tiverton Town in the Blue Square South

The media prediction was that I would finish 20th, after assembling something that resembled a squad I aimed for a top half finish.

Final League Table

League Positions Graph

Had a shaky start, but after my squad settled and I found the tactics that worked best the results started to go my way. My defensive record in the second half of the season was fantastic which saw me climb the table to snatch 2nd spot on the final day of the season on goal difference thanks to my 3-0 result being better than Dorchester's 3-2 result.

Squad

Transfers

Along with the masses of free transfers, I was loaned two players from each of my two parent clubs, Exeter and Plymouth. Three of these players became key members of my first team.

Milo

On loan from League 1 Plymouth, he was the probably the best player in my team this season.

Reet

My top goalscorer for the season, signed on a free after being released by Mansfield. I thought the facegen haircuts were bad but takes it to a whole new level.

Fish

Probably my most promising looking signing, although he is a natural full back he spent most of the season on the wing.

Fraser

Had him on loan at Chippenham last time, this time I was able to sign him on a free transfer after they released him. He wasn't quite as effective as last time, but still a decent player for me.

Things look promising for Tivvy Town, they already have good youth facilities with a youth academy which may become useful. My attendances also look promising, I had the second highest average attendance in the league after AFC Wimbledon which could be something to do with the successful fan day I had earlier in the season.

Oh well, on to the dreaded playoffs again.

Originally posted by Gilbster:

Introducing Totti, Hemel Hempsteads newest signing. Please note the scout reports link on the left hand side to prove he was scoutable (played in England last season).

I already have quite a few good strikers but during a recent injury crisis I realised I had no backup at all. Hence Totti is now a proud member of the Hemel squad.

Brought him on for his second subsitute appearance and he breaks his leg. Oh well I probably wasnt going to use him much til next season anyway.

Just had a transfer embargo placed on the club due to ongoing takeover talks. Here's hoping the new owner isn't a complete moron.

Also, just got knocked out the Setanta Shield thanks to two 90th minute goals, turning a narrow 1-0 win into defeat. Agonisingly, I was trying to switch my tactics when the first went in to try and finish the game off.

Its been a VERY long time since my last update, due to waiting for the patch to fix the confidence bug, but lo and behold, it is fixed, and i will be back in this thread for the long run.!

Anywho.

Carshalton Season 4 Update!

Manager Profile

Manager Overview

Manager Info

Manager Personal Info

Star Players

Joss Labide - A DM C who controls the whole team for me. Hes highly touted by Championship clubs, and if i dont get promoted soon, i think i may lose him.! icon_frown.gif

Sam Collier - Unhappy i rejected bids for him, but hes got 4 years left on contract, and theres no way id let him leave. Hes fit for a Lower premierleague team, and would be good back up to people like Cech and Van Der Sarr imvho. Not only is he a great goal keeper, hes also a great goal scorerd. 17 Career goals now for the young player.!

Sam Collier - Goals

Finances - Good gates in the BSP and some big-ish cup games have seen my finances into a nice position, but i still lose money on a seasonly basis without them. Not enough money to improve facilities yet sees me really struggle to make an impact in the division.

Team Info

Team Sheet

Team Records

Player Records

Blue Square Premier - A 13th pace mid-table finish isnt bad, but i really should be doing better. Going into my 4th season in the division now, and dont really want to be here much longer.!

Things i need help with!!!!

Parent Club - I just cant seem to get one. I need some payers on loan, because without them, im just not going anywhere, and for 4 and a half solid years, my board have refused to find me a parent club.!

Scouting - I have 3 scouts, 1 has JP/JA at 17/19 - and is my main scout, 1 has JP/JA at 20/9 and the other JP/JA 12/20. My problem is, they never ever find 'new' talent. I've not signed one regen through there searchings, only players ive asked them to scout, and i dont think thats good enough. On top of that, they find mainly old aged players. They also rate a lot of the players 4-7*, but when i compare them, they are not even a patch on my current team. A few times too, they have rated a player 7*, i have got to the stage of offering a contract, and the ASS Man thinks the player would fail to make an ipact, or is the '5th best Striker' in the team. If the scout is Rating him 7*, shouldnt that make him the best? Its baffling me.!

Archived