dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Originally posted by Dons:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaNovi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dons:

He just doesn't get he isn't needed...

sigh

Is this with the new patch ??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

problem solved

Nope.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Radon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Radon:

Well, we lost 2-0 to Middlesbrough in the end... a result that I was delighted with, as they weren't massively dominant.

The best thing about it though...???

What a money spinner! I don't think even Whitby the place has ever seen that much money!!!

This is god-damned ridiculous: Confidence

I can understand disappointment at missing chances, but to have nothing in the confidence bar after only losing 2-0 away, to a team 5th in the league which is four leagues above ours is completely flabbergasting. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can sympathise with this, in my AFC Wimbledon game I lost at home to Manchester City in the FA Cup third round, and had zero confidence for the 3-0 defeat. It was ridiculous really.

the confidence is a real mess.. it doesn't distinguish between the importance of the matches and between different clubs, they are all on the same level icon13.gif

For those who were championship league, did u lose money??? Last year I was making profit each month (was sharing a 10000seater stadium), now im using my 5000seater stadium and each month make loses of about 300k icon_redface.gif I won't last long if it continues like this. All budgets are under control..

Has anyone found the processing speed of the game to have slowed down after the patch. I've posted a few messages around but not seen a reply.

At the same time as patching I added in some face packs and team logos too. Would these affect game speed or just loading?

Originally posted by kccircle:

Has anyone found the processing speed of the game to have slowed down after the patch. I've posted a few messages around but not seen a reply.

At the same time as patching I added in some face packs and team logos too. Would these affect game speed or just loading?

No change in processing speed for me since patching...

kc -> ive read some post around where people are discussing that issue.. some seem to have their game slowed down by the new patch.

I personally think its faster now(than the betapatch)

maybee the packs you have installed is the problem, but i hardly think it is.

you could always remove them and see if its faster?

Season 2008/2009 Blue Square South

Position: 1st - League Tablebluesqauresouthtable080ml1.th.jpg

FA Cup: 1st Round - 0-3 @ Wycombe

FA Trophy: 1st Round - 0-1 vs Ebbsfleet

Setanta Shield: 4th Round - 0-1 @ Stafford

Top Goalscorer for us: Rheis Ashraf 30

Top Goalscorer for league: Guy Madjo 54 (Crawley)

We were floating in and around 2nd place for most of the season behind Dorchester who were first. Then Dorchester sold off a couple

of quality players, including Ben Hutchinson who at that point had 24 goals in 25 games. Once this happened Dorchester started

losing games, while we had a run of really good form and cruised to the title. I'd say what really helped us take the league was

the outstanding performances of our loanees from Coventry and also there weren't many injuries to key players.

Season 2009/2010 Blue Square Premier

Position: 1st - League Tablebluesqaurepremiertable0kk9.th.jpg

FA Cup: 1st Round - 1-2 vs Darlington

FA Trophy: Winners - 2-2 vs Bury (penalties)

Setanta Shield: 5th Round - 1-3 vs Shrewsbury (extra time)

Top Goalscorer for us and league: Rheis Ashraf 42

This year Rheis Ashraf had a phenominal year, there just were any words to describe it, and it's what helped us once again grab the

title, however, this time Bury were always a point behind us and the title was clinched on the last day of the season. Injuries

started to hit us near the end of the season (when 8.0.1 came out :p) however Ashraf managed to stay injury free.

Season 20010/2011 Coca Cola League 2

Position: 1st - League Tableleague2septembergraphky6.th.png

FA Cup: Not entered

League Cup: 1st Round - 0-1 @ Crystal Palace

Johnstone's Paint Trophy: 2nd Round @ Brighton (to be played)

Top Goalscorer for us: Rheis Ashraf 6

Top Goalscorer for league: Chris Dagnall 8 (Rochdale)

Started the league 4-0, then had a run of 4 games where there were 3 draws and 1 loss, but now I'm starting to win again after

letting my other loan signing start (he scored 3 goals on his debut to help us to a 4-1 win over Oxford). <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre> <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre>

whats everyones reputation? mine is still unproven although i've taken afc wimbledon to league 2 and i'm currently 4th (this is after two straight promotions as well)

description is "talented manager" but still the unproven reputation :s... wot have u guys got?

Originally posted by cr4z3d:

Season 2008/2009 Blue Square South

Position: 1st - League Tablebluesqauresouthtable080ml1.th.jpg

FA Cup: 1st Round - 0-3 @ Wycombe

FA Trophy: 1st Round - 0-1 vs Ebbsfleet

Setanta Shield: 4th Round - 0-1 @ Stafford

Top Goalscorer for us: Rheis Ashraf 30

Top Goalscorer for league: Guy Madjo 54 (Crawley)

We were floating in and around 2nd place for most of the season behind Dorchester who were first. Then Dorchester sold off a couple

of quality players, including Ben Hutchinson who at that point had 24 goals in 25 games. Once this happened Dorchester started

losing games, while we had a run of really good form and cruised to the title. I'd say what really helped us take the league was

the outstanding performances of our loanees from Coventry and also there weren't many injuries to key players.

Season 2009/2010 Blue Square Premier

Position: 1st - League Tablebluesqaurepremiertable0kk9.th.jpg

FA Cup: 1st Round - 1-2 vs Darlington

FA Trophy: Winners - 2-2 vs Bury (penalties)

Setanta Shield: 5th Round - 1-3 vs Shrewsbury (extra time)

Top Goalscorer for us and league: Rheis Ashraf 42

This year Rheis Ashraf had a phenominal year, there just were any words to describe it, and it's what helped us once again grab the

title, however, this time Bury were always a point behind us and the title was clinched on the last day of the season. Injuries

started to hit us near the end of the season (when 8.0.1 came out :p) however Ashraf managed to stay injury free.

Season 20010/2011 Coca Cola League 2

Position: 1st - League Tableleague2septembergraphky6.th.png

FA Cup: Not entered

League Cup: 1st Round - 0-1 @ Crystal Palace

Johnstone's Paint Trophy: 2nd Round @ Brighton (to be played)

Top Goalscorer for us: Rheis Ashraf 6

Top Goalscorer for league: Chris Dagnall 8 (Rochdale)

Started the league 4-0, then had a run of 4 games where there were 3 draws and 1 loss, but now I'm starting to win again after

letting my other loan signing start (he scored 3 goals on his debut to help us to a 4-1 win over Oxford). <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre> <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre>

well done cr4z3d, looks like you're doing really well!

Originally posted by Phil1987:

whats everyones reputation? mine is still unproven although i've taken afc wimbledon to league 2 and i'm currently 4th (this is after two straight promotions as well)

description is "talented manager" but still the unproven reputation :s... wot have u guys got?

4th season, first in the BSP and my repuation is Regional

World Class; 2017/2018 in the Premier League.

I do remember staying "Local" for a pretty long time while in the lower leagues.

Originally posted by Scab:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil1987:

I do remember staying "Local" for a pretty long time while in the lower leagues. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nice well done mate, ok well hopefully i'll get a reputation soon icon_smile.gif

I'm still in my first season, doing well in the league (top by 8 points after 17 games), managed to reach the first round of the FA Cup where I drew League One Hull at home. They're fourth in the table, but the game is being televised so I figure it's going to earn me some money and I'll hopefully go out of the cup having gone further than the board expected and with a little dignity with a good showing against a higher division side. I was right about the money - £40k gate reciepts and £75k telvision revenue. However... I wasn't expecting ChippenhamHull.jpgthis[/img]! Hopefully, I'll get another money-spinner in the second round... and if I make it through to the third, please bring on the Premiership side to massacre me in their full stadium on television, please!

Originally posted by Scab:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil1987:

I do remember staying "Local" for a pretty long time while in the lower leagues. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

my reputation is regional! icon_biggrin.gif think its something to do with being in the 2nd round of the fa cup

Annihilator666 - Merthyr Tydfil - Season 21/22 - Premier League

Manager Profile - Manager Profile

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Results - Results #1 | Results #2

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information

Top Scorer - Bruno

Fans' Player of the Year - Gareth Mitchell

Records - Team Overall Records | Team Season Records

Premier League:

Very close finish to season, but unfortunately I couldn't overcome the two superior teams in the league. I was actually 3-1 up against Chelsea in the penultimate match of the season, but they scored 2 goals in the last 10 mins to draw and ruin my title chances. Oh well. I was only aiming for a top half finish, so I'm delighted overall.

FA Cup:

Another easy run in the FA Cup, playing two Championship teams and a League One team in my run to the Semi-Finals. However, we ran out of steam and lost in extra time against Man City.

League Cup:

What a final it was! I was 3-0 down with just over 20 mins to play, but goals in the 68th, 88th and 90th minutes took the game into extra time. Swansea took a 4-3 lead after 5 minutes, but two quick goals saw Merthyr Tydfil lift the cup!

The Board, etc.:

As I already mentioned, the board finally found a feeder club for me - Bolton, who are in the Championship. However, the stadium will be 10k for another year as planning permission was once again blocked. With £50mil in the bank, I'm beginning to wonder how much I need for a new stadium.

Season 2017/18 Review - Hendon in the Premiership

A surprisingly strong second season after my rather expensive signings during pre-season. With the defence doing its job, we turned into a pretty darn lethal team.

League Table

I know I should be thrilled about this result, but I just can't, and you'll know why...

Past Positions

...just about now. I don't think I need to say anything else.

The Squad

A better and more balanced set of players than last season. Cahais and Zaric sorted my defensive problems out in no-time and McCann has worked really well as the strong central midfielder I've been missing for a while now. Cost me a fortune, too.

Transfers

Terrific transfer season. I guess the Nachtwey sale came back to bite me in the a** considering he scored 20 goals for the Liverpool side that just barely snatched the title from me, but overall I've been able to replace the players I've let go and could afford some expensive signings of my own.

Star Player

Still my only consistently performing striker and a 2-year consecutive Footballer of the Year and Top Goalscorer award winner. Baker plays brilliantly next to him when he's got a good game, but runs into spells of goal scoring drought a little too often for my liking. I might just be looking for a new striking partner for Luleyski for next season.

Random Stats

Balance: £82,758,235

Wages: £344,944/£449,019

Average Attendance: 48338 (50526 in the league)

Media Prediction: 17th

Squad Average Age: 25

Training Facilities: Top training facilities

Youth Facilities: State of the Art Youth Facilities + Youth Academy

I'm in League One and I'm a "Popular Manager" icon_biggrin.gif

That confidence thing is pretty bad. the funny thing is, i can remember when i was playing as bedford town, pre-patch, and got to the third round of the fa cup where i got resoundingly thumped, and i never had an empty confidence bar...

in fact the only empty bars i'd seen until now were the old long term confidence bug, and my current bank balance at Puchov icon_frown.gif

AFC Wimbledon 08/09

Well after a shakey start and getting knocked out the fa cup by metro police team lol, i have gone 14 unbeaten in all comps. Not bad just got half the crystal palace reserves in and a couple of well timed free's, seem to be generating a fair bit of cash making the under 18's play man u and arsenal's under 18's every other day icon_wink.gif thanks for the tip who ever posted it. I seem to get 20-25k a game in revenue. have about 300k in bank now. Here's the vital's...

Ok in the league im sitting 9th at new year can push on tho http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd191/gfoley21/leaguetable.jpg

here is my profile

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd191/gfoley21/profile.jpg

and an overview

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd191/gfoley21/myoverview.jpg

i think they could be a bit more happier

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd191/gfoley21/confidencesummary.jpg

but the finances are looking good, although they still wont improve the training or youth set up icon_frown.gif

gonna try finish the season this afternoon im on a roll and have the day off work icon_smile.gif

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd191/gfoley21/finances.jpg

Guiseley - 2010/11 - Blue Square Premier

League Table - 1st - Well that was easier than I expected!

Setanta Sports Cup - Winners - Last minute winner in extra-time icon_biggrin.gif

FA Trophy - Runners-up - Last minute winner for them icon_frown.gif

FA Cup - 4th Round (v Man U) - Only lost 1-0 to Man U, shame it wasn't at Old Trafford or else we'd have been rolling in it!

So our first season in the Blue Square Premier ends with promotion to league football. As with last season, the main reasons for success were our loan signings (and tactical genius of course...).

The board are nice and confident and the finances are looking pretty nice.

Here's the squad

One player obviously stands out above the rest there...

Tom Elliot - 57 goals in in 64 appearances, and 21 MoMs. Unstoppable at this level, I've got him to stay for next season too so hopefully we'll get more of the same.

We've turned professional and are getting our training facilities improved, as we head to league football for the first time in Guiseley's history. I've been busy bringing in players over the summer, and have secured a few on loan as well who I again expect to be vital to our progress.

Delighted with how this season has gone, I was realistically expecting a mid-table finish with perhaps a chance at the playoffs. I fully expect this next campaign to be much tougher, but fortunately the board seem to have very low expectations so my job should be secure.

Hemel Hempstead - Conference - 2011/12 End of Season Update

Given the past few seasons I had next to no first team due to constantly leaning on Crystal Palace, this season was different.

I went on a signing spree, and then when the islanders arrived, I went on a trialling and signing spree.

As a result I have plenty of depth in most positions apart from Left Midfield.

A fairly consistent first season in the Conference which would have had a playoff ending if my form over the last 12 or so games hadnt been dodgy.

As it was we finished 10th in the Conference in our first season.

Also beat Cheltenham in the first round of the FA Cup, and then lost to Carlisle 1-0 in the second round.

FA Trophy got to the quarters and trashed Exeter in the final of the Sentanta Shield.

No idea what to think for next season, I presume try and find some all season consistency and see happens.

Table

Graph

Transfers

I've been meaning to start this since the patch and never got round to it with work been busy, anyway i know im behind mot people but ive decided to start today.

I've pick worksop town, local team and big rivals to my own team retford united.

Craig Jones manager of Worksop Town

Seems like ive dropped lucky already

i hope those screens have worked icon_confused.gif

Come on you Tigers!

Season end / Boreham wood / League two 11/12

Table

Absolutely unbelievable! i was for sure i was gonna struggle after promotion from BSP.

Both beacause i remember when playing with Prescott that it was a big step up to play league footy.

And because i was struggling finding some decent players.

Luckely i just got Arsenal as feeder club and they send me 2 players exactly where i was missing some.

The start of the season was terrible as well with only one win in 7 games.

I soon got my self picked up and turned it into an unbeaten run of 12 games.

I played a bit sketchy at times but i was always about top of the table.

there was alot of competition at the top but fortunaly i kept the form good.

Positions

Team

Most players very consistent exept my biggest signing snow.. he was terrible at the start of the season, and my 2 goalie was put in between the bars and stayed there for the full season.

I made one of those signings i was supposed to before starting the league 2, and that was a fast striker:

Bradshaw

Was really good most season, although he had some dips in form. but hes only 18 and looks like he has a great future at the club.

Some other players:

Barwick

The first loan from my feeder arsenal. did good, and i was happy to get him.

Van den Belt

Great signing, coming on a trial from fc groningen. was the backbone of my defence which only got 49 goals against them.

Mitov

Another trial signing, and he did pretty good as well.

for the next season ill be looking for midfielders, as the two from arsenal is problary not gonna come back. i hope my team has what it takes to stay up!

Well, a great season icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by kaNovi:

Season end / Boreham wood / League two 11/12

Table

Absolutely unbelievable! i was for sure i was gonna struggle after promotion from BSP.

Both beacause i remember when playing with Prescott that it was a big step up to play league footy.

And because i was struggling finding some decent players.

Luckely i just got Arsenal as feeder club and they send me 2 players exactly where i was missing some.

The start of the season was terrible as well with only one win in 7 games.

I soon got my self picked up and turned it into an unbeaten run of 12 games.

I played a bit sketchy at times but i was always about top of the table.

there was alot of competition at the top but fortunaly i kept the form good.

Positions

Team

Most players very consistent exept my biggest signing snow.. he was terrible at the start of the season, and my 2 goalie was put in between the bars and stayed there for the full season.

I made one of those signings i was supposed to before starting the league 2, and that was a fast striker:

Bradshaw

Was really good most season, although he had some dips in form. but hes only 18 and looks like he has a great future at the club.

Some other players:

Barwick

The first loan from my feeder arsenal. did good, and i was happy to get him.

Van den Belt

Great signing, coming on a trial from fc groningen. was the backbone of my defence which only got 49 goals against them.

Mitov

Another trial signing, and he did pretty good as well.

for the next season ill be looking for midfielders, as the two from arsenal is problary not gonna come back. i hope my team has what it takes to stay up!

Well, a great season icon_smile.gif

I think you mean you got arsenal as a parent club not a feeder.

Well I just got Ramsgate 850 Rep. So I have finally found myself a lowly team that I would like to play with starting in season 09/10. Yes holidayed for two seasons to increase my chances and also made sure my two clubs I played as before Guisley and Gateshead as well as Chelmsford and Wimbledon were all up after 1 to make it easier for me to find someone different.

I will post a managers Profile this time 2moro. bye guys.

Archived